Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
trailer trash (Read 4611 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

trailer trash
Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:56am

[urlhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/tradies-guilty-of-assault-of-father-after-sexually-harassing-daughter/news-story/34e51f32175d41e78a23e903cb3e159f][/url]

TWO brothers who attacked a Bundall father after he approached them about lurid gestures they were making at his 15-year-old daughter have been sentenced in a Gold Coast court.

Yesterday evening, Bodie, 29, and Kai Lajunen, 31, were found guilty of pushing Robert Pirie, 53, over a pile of concrete rubbish on his neighbour’s property after he asked them why they were “blowing kisses” and “making wanking gestures” at his 15-year-old daughter.

Mr Pirie injured his hand and wrist and was subjected to a barrage of punches and slaps from both the men during the incident last year.

On December 15, Mr Pirie got a text from his neighbour telling him the men working on the property were making lurid gestures to his 15-year-old daughter and her friends as they sat on the pontoon at the back of the property, the court heard.

In evidence, Mr Pirie said he drove to the house to ask the men why they were being so “unprofessional” toward his daughter and her friends, who were so terrified they had to leave the property.

“I was being assertive, not argumentative and I asked them why they were being so unprofessional and harassing my daughter,” he said.

Mr Pirie claims he also saw the men drinking on the job site.

In response, Bodie initially went back to work before his brother Kai came down out of the property and set on Mr Pirie, punching and “gangster slapping” him.

Bodie then also assaulted Mr Pirie before he was pushed over the pile of rubbish.

Defence barrister John Jacob argued the brothers were provoked and acting in self defence after being verbally harassed by Mr Pirie.

In cross-examination he put to Mr Pirie he believed the man was actually masturbating behind his daughter and was not “satisfied” with the brother’s responses.

“(Mr Pirie) started the conversation ... and he kept going,” Mr Jacob said.

“He has willingly remained and engaged in a confrontation.”

However, Magistrate Chris Callaghan found the brothers guilty, but conceded they had acted independently and it was not a two against one assault.

“You were the aggressors in this and that was clearly made out in the evidence,” he said.

“I am satisfied (you) were not provoked to such an extent which would justify Mr Pirie being assaulted in the way he was.”

Bodie and Kai Lajunen leave Southport Magistrates Court. Picture: Alexandria Utting.
Bodie Lajunen was handed a $750 fine and had no conviction recorded.

His brother Kai was sentenced to nine months’ jail but released on immediate parole.

Both men were ordered to pay $1500 each to Mr Pirie.

Outside court, the brothers showed no remorse, laughing and telling reporters they would give Mr Pirie a “thumbs down” when asked if they were sorry for their actions.

why does anyone defend garbage like this?..

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: trailer trash
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm

Typical, a female causes all sorts of problems and men get blamed.

Obviously she enticed the men on, then played the innocent one to her Dad.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:07pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm:

thats right two big burly men in their 30s  used by 15 year olds.. of course.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:36pm

When you introduce your sister at the backyard trash heap over a joint and a case of stubbies, and introduce your mother at the same time....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:53am

I presume you think it's a woman's fault if she is raped too?

Must be because of what she's wearing?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:09am

Because Australian men are unable to control themselves, a bit like those Muslims. That girl should have been wearing a burka and been accompanied by a male relative, her home should have been walled to keep her from tempting strangers.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:12am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:09am:

Because Australian men are unable to control themselves, a bit like those Muslims. That girl should have been wearing a burka and been accompanied by a male relative, her home should have been walled to keep her from tempting strangers.

Indeed Setanta. And it's all men, just as it is all Muslims.

We women have a whole lot to answer for. Ever since Eve picked the apple and Adam saw she was in the nuddie.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:14am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:12am:

We women have a whole lot to answer for. Ever since Eve picked the apple and Adam saw she was in the nuddie.

Oi!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:15am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:14am:

Oi!

It's ok. It's our fault. You're only human.

Sprint says so.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:21am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:15am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

But sprint is a member of one of those horrible desert religions, you should expect that kind of view.

I do have a question, why when people pay out on Islam, which deserves all the payout it gets, do you denounce them? I can understand sticking up for the followers of it, they are people. Islam is an idea and it sucks.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:27am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:21am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

But sprint is a member of one of those horrible dessert religions, you should expect that kind of view.

I do have a question, why when people pay out on Islam, which deserves all the payout it gets, do you denounce them? I can understand sticking up for the followers of it, they are people. Islam is an idea and it sucks.

I believe in judging something by it's best case scenarios.

The kind of Islam that Malala Yousafzai follows is beautiful and peaceful. As with Gandalf, and many other Muslims i have met.

I personally am against all monotheistic religions but i can appreciate the good that people find in them. I was raised Catholic and learned compassion, humility and inclusiveness at that teat.

I learned a whole bunch of bullshit too ... but i've kept the nice bits as part of my life.

I believe in coexistence. I believe the good should be encouraged .. and there is always good to be found.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:34am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:27am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

But sprint is a member of one of those horrible dessert religions, you should expect that kind of view.

The kind of Islam that Malala Yousafzai follows is beautiful and peaceful. As with Gandalf, and many other Muslims i have met.

I personally am against all monotheistic religions but i can appreciate the good that people find in them. I was raised Catholic and learned compassion, humility and inclusiveness at that teat.

I learned a whole bunch of bullshit too ... but i've kept the nice bits as part of my life.

I believe in coexistence. I believe the good should be encouraged .. and there is always good to be found.

Why not let them put their view of their religion forward and other followers of it do the same? If you are against them all, why weigh in unless someone is being attacked? Why defend something you are against? You can defend a person's right to their views, opinions, beliefs, without defending their ideas.

I have religious friends and co-existence is them being able to tell me about why they hold their ideas and me telling them why I think it's a load of crap. Neither of us gets angry and we agree to disagree, still are friends, knowing we think each other is wrong.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:41am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:34am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:27am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

Why not let them put their view of their religion forward and other followers of it do the same? If you are against them all, why weigh in unless someone is being attacked? Why defend something you are against? You can defend a person's right to their views, opinions, beliefs, without defending their ideas.

I have religious friends and co-existence is them being able to tell me about why they hold their ideas and me telling them why I think it's a load of crap. Neither of us gets angry and we agree to disagree, still are friends, knowing we think each other is wrong.

I don't get angry Setanta. Ever.

But i will challenge ignorance and prejudice at every turn.

99% of what is said on here about Islam is just crap. As i have said a dozen times, if you want open discourse on Islam, you simply cannot start from a position of falsehood. You can't objectively critique something when you're misinformed about what you are critiquing.

I only tell the truth. I a happy to have an objective discussion about Islam ... as much as i know of it anyway ... as i'm sure is Gandalf ... but he's too busy defending outright lies and raging prejudice.

To have open discourse, you need to start at ground zero. There is none of that on this forum.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:49am

At least this Mr Pirie had some balls.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:53am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:41am:
I don't get angry Setanta. Ever.

But i will challenge ignorance and prejudice at every turn.

99% of what is said on here about Islam is just crap. As i have said a dozen times, if you want open discourse on Islam, you simply cannot start from a position of falsehood. You can't objectively critique something when you're misinformed about what you are critiquing.

I only tell the truth. I a happy to have an objective discussion about Islam ... as much as i know of it anyway ... as i'm sure is Gandalf ... but he's too busy defending outright lies and raging prejudice.

To have open discourse, you need to start at ground zero. There is none of that on this forum.

Islam is a nasty ideology. Just because many people ignore parts of it and still follow it, does not change the root. If there were some nice Nazis would you defend it? Just as Christianity and Judaism are nasty Ideologies and they are the root of Islam. All of them suck and should not be defended. All that should be defended is peoples right to hold these ideologies.

I'm the same with the political spectrum. I'm a lefty, I think the righties are wrong but I won't judge them on their opinions. I won't support or agree with most of their ideology but I will allow them to hold those views without rancour, they are entitled as human beings to hold whatever ideas they deem worthy.

I'm not a thought policeman.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print