Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Why couldn't psychiatry save his life? (Read 4293 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Why couldn't psychiatry save his life?
Apr 26th, 2017 at 8:44pm

... and the answer is?

link

I would like to see a Royal Commission into the psychiatric industry where the practitioners are regarded as sacred cows never to be questioned as to what actual good they do for people who seek their help.

Over and over we read about PTSD and suicides by the dozen, but where is the accountability with the psychiatric profession? 

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Why couldn't psychiatry save his life?
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 9:50pm

yes well thats what we have been talking about in this case a copper... you have no idea how many Police men and women commit suicide   its hushed up..and most do it at work.. they are sending messages that are ignored...

and its the same with out ret vets...I am pleased you are taking an interest... you know my sil was in the NSW police  he said after a about 3 months they go for counselling just to see if they are handling things ok..

son in law had been to a bad case and wasnt dealing too well.. sleep wise and so on.. so he told the counsellor how it was and she sort of commiserated with him...  he asked for her to send him to a Psychiatrist  because she couldnt give him any meds and he felt he needed something at that time...and she told him she didnt have the authority to refer him...

he walked out in disgust  in other words its a scam... look what we are doing for our manpower.....only its all words......it didnt make sense to him  if he wanted a referral he had to go to his own doctor and retell it all over again.......and like you relive it all every time ..

bizarre but it looks good..

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 10:08pm

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Psychiatry?!!! Are you nuts!

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 10:15pm

I find that really weird.... vets...No 1..

hairdressers.....really...

dentists... Shocked..

I can fully believe ambos and paramedics.. and doctors for all they see and the  pressure and expectation alone...would be hell on earth...

but hairdressers and vets   weird..

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 6:47am

because psychiatry and most of the modern models of dealing with people in mental distress are using the wrong approach .

people with depression are stuck in low vibration energy....
misery, shame, humiliation, guilt, regret. hopelessness etc.

now the approach of your modern "do-gooder" (i could name a dozen on this site) is to simply add more low vibration energy in the forms of encouraging victimhood, telling the person they are a victim of the system, encouraging complaining, telling the person to complain that they need the system to give them something, encouraging them that 'taking" is the answer. we saw this in the thread on returned diggers where it was felt if they were 'given' lots of goodies, they would be happy.
but legitimate self esteem comes from contributing, not from taking.

so all the hand wringing and sympathy is just chest thumping and moral superiority from the do-gooder and does zip for the person who is "supposedly' being helped.

give those depressed people to me and i'll teach them to move into high vibration.

how many pyshciatrists and leftie counsellors aspire to things like   massive action, massive contribution, optomism, good humour, reverence, powerfulness, strength, becoming influential, inspiration and feeling complete.

if they did, then no more patients and no more career for the therapist who has a patient for life if they can teach "learned helplessness".  no different to a leftie politician who has a voter for life if he can teach learned helplessness
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2017 at 6:53am by aquascoot »  

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:19am

You know nothing about it, horse boy.

I experienced reactive depression after a car accident in 1986. I have some idea then of what depression is like. You do not have a clue and would do enormous damage if anyone was silly enough to refer someone to you!

Stick to regurgitating stupid, valueless self help crap books and leave the depressed alone.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:29am

what would really be better for a young depressed person.

to be told they have something wrong with them and then sit in an office with no sunlight, no fresh air, no action , just pumping out adrenaline and cortisol whilst vibing with someone who confirms you have a problem

or

coming up to my farm, getting involved in massive action, being occupied all day in activities out in the sunshine and fresh air, clowning around, doing flow state activities , learning skills and becoming confident, strong (physically and mentally) and getting into an upward spiral.

anyway, Les Hiddens (the vietnam vet and bush tucker man) agrees with me and purchased a cattle property where diggers can go and camp and play in the sun and fresh air and then sit around the campfire spinning yarns instead of sitting in a building full of therapists feeling anxious and breathing in the fumes of stale airconditioning and plastic plants .

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:32am

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:19am:
You know nothing about it, horse boy.

I experienced reactive depression after a car accident in 1986. I have some idea then of what depression is like. You do not have a clue and would do enormous damage if anyone was silly enough to refer someone to you!

Stick to regurgitating stupid, valueless self help crap books and leave the depressed alone.

I tend to agree.. depression b is like PAIN  its very personal..no one size fits all.. and comments like this

Quote:
so all the hand wringing and sympathy is just chest thumping and moral superiority from the do-gooder and does zip for the person who is "supposedly' being helped.

does nothing for aquas sense of morality.. Angry

until you walk in their shoes.. you really have no idea...

and talking like a pompous a/h. does nothing for anyone

Quote:
give those depressed people to me and i'll teach them to move into high vibration.

how many pyshciatrists and leftie counsellors aspire to things like   massive action, massive contribution, optomism, good humour, reverence, powerfulness, strength, becoming influential, inspiration and feeling complete.

if life was as simple as firing a gun  to make a person brave and resilient  ...... we would have no need for psychiatrists...unfortunately the human psyche is more fragile than that.....

I will say this monk.. if you do have problems   you do have to do a search to find the right one....they are not all the same and do not understand everyone... shop around...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:35am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:29am:

to be told they have something wrong with them and then sit in an office with no sunlight, no fresh air, no action , just pumping out adrenaline and cortisol whilst vibing with someone who confirms you have a problem

or

coming up to my farm, getting involved in massive action, being occupied all day in activities out in the sunshine and fresh air, clowning around, doing flow state activities , learning skills and becoming confident, strong (physically and mentally) and getting into an upward spiral.

anyway, Les Hiddens (the vietnam vet and bush tucker man) agrees with me and purchased a cattle property where diggers can go and camp and play in the sun and fresh air and then sit around the campfire spinning yarns instead of sitting in a building full of therapists feeling anxious and breathing in the fumes of stale airconditioning and plastic plants .

yes to a certain extent... it can work  but they are not depressed......its not always diagnosed correctly    thats why people are mis medicated....

we are talking about it now  which could see big changes to how it is dealt with....

.but you believe one size fits all   and no it doesnt...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 8:37am

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 8:55am

or

Sorry ...Hiddins didn't purchase any property ... he was part of a group of ex-servicemen( a mates brother being one of them) who set up a camp on a property(Kalpowar Station beside the Normanby River) owned(resumed) by the QLD govt.

It is beside & now part of Lakefield National Park in FNQ.

It took some years of lobbying & fundraising before the govt saw some merit in the project & has allowed them to stay. What the arrangements are I don't know but like all things done with group like committees falling outs have occurred.

Mates brother doesn't have anything to with it anymore because it was all about Hiddens.

None the less it has been a good idea & helped qite a few ex-diggers cope.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 9:20am

Gnads wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 8:55am:

or

Sorry ...Hiddins didn't purchase any property ... he was part of a group of ex-servicemen( a mates brother being one of them) who set up a camp on a property(Kalpowar Station beside the Normanby River) owned(resumed) by the QLD govt.

It is beside & now part of Lakefield National Park in FNQ.

It took some years of lobbying & fundraising before the govt saw some merit in the project & has allowed them to stay. What the arrangements are I don't know but like all things done with group like committees falling outs have occurred.

Mates brother doesn't have anything to with it anymore because it was all about Hiddens.

None the less it has been a good idea & helped qite a few ex-diggers cope.

mmmm.

so a group of ex serviceman try to have a bit of a bush camp and get back to nature and the government try to kick them off the land (where presumably they werent harming anyone) and line them up for expensive therapy in massive government buildings full of therapists, where they can breath the air conditioning and have people in white coats deciding what is best (thereby disempowering them)

interesting.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:08am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 6:47am:
because psychiatry and most of the modern models of dealing with people in mental distress are using the wrong approach .

people with depression are stuck in low vibration energy....
misery, shame, humiliation, guilt, regret. hopelessness etc.

now the approach of your modern "do-gooder" (i could name a dozen on this site) is to simply add more low vibration energy in the forms of encouraging victimhood, telling the person they are a victim of the system, encouraging complaining, telling the person to complain that they need the system to give them something, encouraging them that 'taking" is the answer. we saw this in the thread on returned diggers where it was felt if they were 'given' lots of goodies, they would be happy.
but legitimate self esteem comes from contributing, not from taking.

if they did, then no more patients and no more career for the therapist who has a patient for life if they can teach "learned helplessness".  no different to a leftie politician who has a voter for life if he can teach learned helplessness

Typically, your posts are just rubbish. Occasionally, they are downright dangerous.

This is one of those instances.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 12:58pm

or

Much better a plan than any psychologist or psychiatrist ever came up with who have no answers.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print