Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alan Bond.. (Read 339 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Alan Bond..
Apr 26th, 2017 at 3:57pm

did anyone watch the Alan Bond episodes??..on channel 9.

I knew he was pretty ruthless but I didnt know a man killed himself over his actions.... Angry Angryjust another con man

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Alan Bond..
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 4:50pm

There was more than one suicide over Bonds actions and many small time investors completely ruined. He didnt die early enough.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 6:06pm

Some good books around over Bond's 'empire' and how it was built.  I wouldn't give the bastard the honour of watching a program about him.

Essentially Bond is a  blueprint for all the other rip-off merchants these days - you get a grip on something, leverage it to the hilt, use that leverage to get more, attract investors to put their cash in, all the while drawing massive 'costs' and fees into a plethora of family companies etc... then you go bust, the business folds, and you are the only one left holding a bag of money, with the banks even losing out due to over-leveraging property etc.

But they'll get that back in fees from the poorest in the land, while the likes of Bond pretend to be lairds and of some better 'class' - the likes of Bond, not matter how big the country estate in England, would never darken the door of the palace....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 6:16pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 26th, 2017 at 6:06pm:
Some good books around over Bond's 'empire' and how it was built.  I wouldn't give the bastard the honour of watching a program about him.

Essentially Bond is a  blueprint for all the other rip-off merchants these days - you get a grip on something, leverage it to the hilt, use that leverage to get more, attract investors to put their cash in, all the while drawing massive 'costs' and fees into a plethora of family companies etc... then you go bust, the business folds, and you are the only one left holding a bag of money, with the banks even losing out due to over-leveraging property etc.

But they'll get that back in fees from the poorest in the land, while the likes of Bond pretend to be lairds and of some better 'class' - the likes of Bond, not matter how big the country estate in England, would never darken the door of the palace....

well he and Red did go to a garden party at the palace...this was after the Americas Cup..

they talked about thing she owned but in reality he didnt own anything....it was all borrowed paying interest only.. but his ego got in the way of commonsense and when the stock market crashed he was found out wasnt he??....he must have had nerves of steel as well as more front than Blackpool..

the thought of people committing suicide was kept pretty dark though...its time people like that were fully exposed....

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 7:09pm

Well, he left a university to us all and it's one of the best according to its students.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print