Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Does ANZAC day glorify war? (Read 12745 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Does ANZAC day glorify war?
Reply #150 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:16pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
Despite what you say - not all Veterans 'present the same'.

I have no reason to even consider Karnal's version - either way - and frankly I don't give a damn, since this is not the point of this discussion.

I accept bwood without question - nobody surely would state TPI Veteran without cause - Big Ol I have no cause to doubt, Red none at all and he certainly doesn't embellish anything - I find it impossible to believe that anyone would claim that status out front and in public without reason.

This entire argument is bootless.

Footnote:-  It is my intention to some time in the next year begin working for the Vets Association - my long-stated view is that I question no story, since every story is different - and nobody's goddamned dog is bigger than anyone else's.  On top of that, every disabled Veteran deserves AWE for life.

I never said all Vets "present the same".

I said everything Karnal has ever said and the way that he behaves is 100% consistent with what has been said by other Vets i have known and the behaviours exhibited by them.

Dunno how you get from that that i think they're all the same.

Don't be paranoid - somebody said 'all Veterans present the same'... and I didn't mention you.

BTW - many contracted p-spikes assume that all Veterans present the same... which is totally untrue - Veterans are as varied as the community from which they sprang, and deserve to be treated as individuals, not as political cannon fodder.

Now - enough for today - you'll get me going when I was mellow, and I do not wish to go there.

Again - I have no problem with Karnal - I would know in an instant if I met him/her in person.

And Again - NONE of this has anything to do with the strand of whether or not ANZAC Day Marches are somehow 'glorifying war' - which they most positively are NOT!  Cry

Then perhaps in future you should quote who you are referring to. Saves confusion.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #151 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:47pm:

I have no reason to even consider Karnal's version - either way - and frankly I don't give a damn, since this is not the point of this discussion.

I accept bwood without question - nobody surely would state TPI Veteran without cause - Big Ol I have no cause to doubt, Red none at all and he certainly doesn't embellish anything - I find it impossible to believe that anyone would claim that status out front and in public without reason.

Footnote:-  It is my intention to some time in the next year begin working for the Vets Association - my long-stated view is that I question no story, since every story is different - and nobody's goddamned dog is bigger than anyone else's.  On top of that, every disabled Veteran deserves AWE for life.

Actually, it is the point of the discussion. Karnal (presumably now banned) has had his 'credentials' rubbished by Big Ole who has made it quite clear how much he hates ex-serviceman and women having their services records brought into question. Either Karnal is lying or Big Ole owes Karnal an apology. That said, it really matters not, because anyone can be anything in the hallowed turf of the inter-web. I used to be Spider-Man before I retired and became Kylie Jenner's butt plug.

Not quite what 'I said'

I call into question anyone who claims service and yet belittles the service of others for the amusement of civilians.

As far the apology goes, not while my arse points to ground.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #152 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:48pm

mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:10pm:

Actually, it is the point of the discussion. Karnal (presumably now banned) has had his 'credentials' rubbished by Big Ole who has made it quite clear how much he hates ex-serviceman and women having their services records brought into question. Either Karnal is lying or Big Ole owes Karnal an apology. That said, it really matters not, because anyone can be anything in the hallowed turf of the inter-web. I used to be Spider-Man before I retired and became Kylie Jenner's butt plug.

What has all this to do with ANZAC Day and glorifying war?  The only people who glorify war are those who never were there.

I know anyone can be anything they want - but this argument, to me, has been in the most execrable taste on this day.

Big Ole is a RAAF Ex-Serviceman - not a Veteran, but I agree with his position in principle.

You disagree that a Vietnam Vet be defended from childish slander on ANZAC day?

And the vile piece of sh1t, what about his fkken slander?

The imposter deserves everything he gets, too bad he gobbed of once too often.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Not a veteran and he deserves no consideration,. so all is fine.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:02pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:24pm:
A friend of mine things things such as ANZAC day glorifies war.

HE dislikes war.

To a degree, I agree with him.

Sprinty, this is just silly.

How is remembering sacrifice by people like us, for people like us, glorifying war?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:31pm

Kat wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:46pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:07am:
and lets face it..

its a Good History Lesson for Muslims...

God knows they won't be taught about the Anzac Spirit at one of their Mosques (Terrorist Training Centre)

You do realise, I presume, that many of the opposing forces at Gallipoli WERE Muslims.

And that they actually won.

And that THEY also honour our diggers and the ANZAC spirit - that's why ANZAC Cove is what it is today.

I don't think they, of all people, need a history lesson on Gallipoli, somehow.

Yes well that's under threat with the Turkish President looking to become a dictator & the fact he is hard line Muslim & involved in the Muslim Brotherhood.

After some of his quotes I believe Kemul Ataturk would be turning in his grave.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #155 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:52pm

Worst than that it actually glorifies British imperialism, British nationalism and never ending British colonial status of a confused quasi Australian "nation".

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #156 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:53pm

mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:10pm:

What has all this to do with ANZAC Day and glorifying war?  The only people who glorify war are those who never were there.

I know anyone can be anything they want - but this argument, to me, has been in the most execrable taste on this day.

Big Ole is a RAAF Ex-Serviceman - not a Veteran, but I agree with his position in principle.

You disagree that a Vietnam Vet be defended from childish slander on ANZAC day?

Where did I say that?  In said I had no problem with Karnal, no problem with Big Ole, and no problem with anyone else pending solid evidence.

I respect the feelings of the offended Veteran - if that is the case - but I agree in principle with what Big Ole says about  genuine (sic) frauds, but I have never said that Karnal is a fraud and will not do so until I know for certain he/she is beyond any doubt.

I've had my troubles with DVA, including missing medical records and 'cleansed' records due to association with the security services, and I know full well what that can cost a person mentally, morally and even physically, and I have no argument with listening to every man or woman's story impartially and without judgement.

THAT is my refuge from stress and PTSD myself - in order to self-defend I choose to stand aloof from petty issues and ALWAYS rely on solid evidence - one reason I am DVA's greatest failure in their dealing with PTSD, since I will not respond emotionally.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
Kat wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:46pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:07am:
and lets face it..

its a Good History Lesson for Muslims...

God knows they won't be taught about the Anzac Spirit at one of their Mosques (Terrorist Training Centre)

You do realise, I presume, that many of the opposing forces at Gallipoli WERE Muslims.

And that they actually won.

And that THEY also honour our diggers and the ANZAC spirit - that's why ANZAC Cove is what it is today.

I don't think they, of all people, need a history lesson on Gallipoli, somehow.

Yes well that's under threat with the Turkish President looking to become a dictator & the fact he is hard line Muslim & involved in the Muslim Brotherhood.

After some of his quotes I believe Kemul Ataturk would be turning in his grave.

Indeed - I don't think the Turkish Muslims really want to see the modern Digger in full cry..... I have great respect for the Turkish people for their honouring of that conflict for so long now - somehow I don't think those same people will tolerate an Islamic president or government.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:49pm

capitosinora wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:52pm:
Worst than that it actually glorifies British imperialism, British nationalism and never ending British colonial status of a confused quasi Australian "nation".

Wrong chief (head) very beautiful, very bitchy girl (capitosinora) - judging by the times is a falsehood, as you well know from the failures of feminism to date to even begin to approach equality for all.  The men who went to Gallipoli did so because they wanted adventure, to serve their country, and to be part of 'the team'.  They were 'gifted amateurs' not some kind of Imperial zealots - just ordinary men being men, and most - from Irish and Scottish and a few German - heritage - really didn't give two hoots about the Empire as such.

This discussion is about the men - not the political history.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #159 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Frank wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:02pm:

HE dislikes war.

How is remembering sacrifice by people like us, for people like us, glorifying war?

did many people view the parades around Aust ?

Were they waving flags and did they bring kids ?

Was it like a day at a bbq/the beach?

Or was it a sombre occasion, like many millions had died?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:13pm

HE dislikes war.

Were we in Denmark too?

Marvellous Marvellous Copenhagen, no?

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #161 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 10:33am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:49pm:

Wrong chief (head) very beautiful, very bitchy girl (capitosinora) - judging by the times is a falsehood, as you well know from the failures of feminism to date to even begin to approach equality for all.  The men who went to Gallipoli did so because they wanted adventure, to serve their country, and to be part of 'the team'.  They were 'gifted amateurs' not some kind of Imperial zealots - just ordinary men being men, and most - from Irish and Scottish and a few German - heritage - really didn't give two hoots about the Empire as such.

Everything under British flag and command of British generals.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #162 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 10:35am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:49pm:

Because of such small dog syndrom attitude Australia will for ever remain negligible puppet US and British colony.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #163 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 1:49pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:59pm:

HE dislikes war.

No answers?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 1:59pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:59pm:

HE dislikes war.

\

rained in ACT and its turned cooler....I doubt it would have spoilt anyones fun though......at least I hope not...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print