Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
Does ANZAC day glorify war? (Read 12830 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Does ANZAC day glorify war?
Reply #120 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:33pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:28pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:24pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:15pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:10pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:08pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
The blokes who really didn't see combat and went through extreme hardship would piss themselves laughing at this rubbish.

Tell me Hammer, have you ever seen Karnal, despite what is regularly thrown at him and regardless of how much heat he is under, bite back the way he did in that thread? Get as upset as he did?

What does that indicate?
He/her calls me homo and a bunch of other bad stuff so I'm not at all concerned about it's whinging. If he/she can give it and not take it back he/she should go someplace else.

That's not the question i asked you, Hammer.

Read it again.
It indicates that he let words get to him. You seem to be guilty of that lately. If somebody punches you in the mouth then get angry. Don't go nuts over words. Words are cheap.

That still doesn't answer my question.

Have you ever seen Karnal, despite how much crap he takes on here, let words get to him before?
A couple of times. He said he was going to rock up to my mothers housing commission house and roger her the other day. And he seemed a little angry. Maybe something is happening to him personally?

I have never seen him anything like what he was in that thread. Or ever about anything that isn't war related.

He is 00% consistent.

He is very much about raping people or their older or under aged relatives, he has been very consistent in this.

His only comment about war is that it is manly to kill people and anyone who hasn't should be raped.

He has been 100% consistent on this.

I it not your experience that most Vietnam Vet do not talk about their experiences?

Indeed. 100%

And that they get pissed off at sabre-rattlers like you?

Indeed. 100% consistent.

That they can get their backs right up when questioned about what they have gone through?

Indeed. 100% consistent.

Furthermore, he has aid much more that simply what you reference ... and if you failed to understand the obvious undertones of revulsion in what he said about killing people and choose to infer onto it the presumption of "manliness", then i'm afraid there is little hope for you. You will continue to humiliate yourself.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:24pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:15pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:10pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:08pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
The blokes who really didn't see combat and went through extreme hardship would piss themselves laughing at this rubbish.

Tell me Hammer, have you ever seen Karnal, despite what is regularly thrown at him and regardless of how much heat he is under, bite back the way he did in that thread? Get as upset as he did?

What does that indicate?
He/her calls me homo and a bunch of other bad stuff so I'm not at all concerned about it's whinging. If he/she can give it and not take it back he/she should go someplace else.

That's not the question i asked you, Hammer.

Read it again.
It indicates that he let words get to him. You seem to be guilty of that lately. If somebody punches you in the mouth then get angry. Don't go nuts over words. Words are cheap.

That still doesn't answer my question.

Have you ever seen Karnal, despite how much crap he takes on here, let words get to him before?
A couple of times. He said he was going to rock up to my mothers housing commission house and roger her the other day. And he seemed a little angry. Maybe something is happening to him personally?

I have never seen him anything like what he was in that thread. Or ever about anything that isn't war related.

He is 00% consistent.
Some things on here I believe. I'm certain Big and Brian did service for our country. I'm not sure if Karnal did. It's strange that he'd only mention it now. But none of us know what is lies and what is fact on here. Do you know that I'm a woman Mothra?

This is not the first time he has mentioned it at all.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #122 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:40pm

Some things on here I believe. I'm certain Big and Brian did service for our country. I'm not sure if Karnal did. It's strange that he'd only mention it now. But none of us know what is lies and what is fact on here. Do you know that I'm a woman Mothra?

You can add, bwood1946, mechanic, vic, and a few others; but definitely not that clown karnal.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:42pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:40pm:

You can add, bwood1946, mechanic, vic, and a few others; but definitely not that clown karnal.

He might have????

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #124 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Karnal has identified as a Vietnam Vet for many years.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #125 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:53pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:44pm:

So?

He presents as a rapists and a vile sub-human based on the comments he makes to people here.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #126 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 3:54pm

So?

He presents as a rapists and a vile sub-human based on the comments he makes to people here.

If you take out his military puffery, you would swear that he is a sex criminal.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #127 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:00pm

If Karnal is a genuine Vietnam Vet he deserves a giant apology from BigOl.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:04pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:00pm:

If Karnal is a genuine Vietnam Vet he deserves a giant apology from BigOl.

And from me ,but i do believe he's a WANNABE dam BULLSHYTER
And if not then WHAT!    Angry Angry Angry

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #129 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:11pm

Years ago, this argument played out at PA (in its glory days) with a fantastic Member, JW Frogen, an American who claimed loud, long and often that he was ex military. Many doubted him, including a Russian 'Alter Ego' (ex Russian military) and Cynic, a Lawyer, and of excellent wit, intelligence and writing skill.

They all doubted the assertions of JW Frogen, until he finally offered up absolute proof to Members he could rely upon to protect his privacy.

I would never doubt any assertion of service unless there was totally convincing proof otherwise, and no way have we got anywhere near that position with Karnal.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #130 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:11pm

Anzac Day is about anything BUT the glorification of War

It is a time for this Country to reflect on the comradeship, sacrifice and mateship of those who have gone to war to make this Country a safer place

It is about honouring those who gave the ultimate price and gave their lives for their Country

It is nothing whatsoever to do with 'glorification of War' it is about honour and self sacrifice

Many of the comments made here make me sad...have we learnt nothing, has all that sacrifice been made, so that years on some smart arses on a web site pillory the great honour of our dead

I weep for your ignorance Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #131 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:15pm

red baron wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:11pm:

It is a time for this Country to reflect on the comradeship, sacrifice and mateship of those who have gone to war to make this Country a safer place

It is about honouring those who gave the ultimate price and gave their lives for their Country

It is nothing whatsoever to do with 'glorification of War' it is about honour and self sacrifice

Many of the comments made here make me sad...have we learnt nothing, has all that sacrifice been made, so that years on some smart arses on a web site pillory the great honour of our dead

Baron,
Not all of them gave their lives willingly -
many were conscripted against their will &
forced to go over the top of trenches & charge enemy machine guns
in what was actually suicide.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Add to that; not all who served risked their lives.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #133 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:15pm:
red baron wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:11pm:

Baron,
Not all of them gave their lives willingly -
many were conscripted against their will &
forced to go over the top of trenches & charge enemy machine guns
in what was actually suicide.

And if you believe some, they did that yelling out, Braveheart like.............................Democracy!!!!!!!!!.

Horseshit.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #134 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:26pm

I'm not arguing anything about that Sir Bobby, whether they were conscripted or not, they deserve every single honour bestowed on them

Like I said it is about the comradeship, self sacrifice  and honour that we bestow on our fallen

Does not every single one who died fighting for our Country  deserve our honour?  They  deserve praise and salute even if, because of the circumstances, they were forced to go in many instances?

This is about honouring them not honouring War

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print