Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It's happening as Shorty slides down even further (Read 1462 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: It's happening as Shorty slides down even further
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:40pm

Aw gee I am getting closer to getting my 2 STATUS SYMBOL TROLLS. All I have to do is post anything and they come running.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:45pm

juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:40pm:
Aw gee I am getting closer to getting my 2 STATUS SYMBOL TROLLS. All I have to do is post anything and they come running.

Trash thread from trash juliar.  Good job mirroring coalition performance.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:38am

Peter Brent on Newspoll:

Quote:
Politicians have always indulged in, well, politics, even if it has meant subjugating sound policy to political requirements. And with an election approaching, many have reached for that opinion poll “boost.” John Howard’s July 2007 Northern Territory intervention was a particularly theatrical example, intended to push the Coalition into a competitive position.

And who can forget Rudd (again) in the 2013 campaign? Announcement after announcement – a northern Australia special tax zone here, moving naval shipyards from Sydney to Queensland there – each one quickly dissipating as he searched for that elusive connection with the electorate, particularly the component that made up his home state.

But a leader trying to push the polls up with no election on the horizon sits in a different category. That’s a person trying to retain his or her job. Once mainly the lot of opposition leaders, it has for the past seven years been a characteristic of governing parties.

And it’s not even about what the polls say; it’s about how they are interpreted.

Let us imagine that this Newspoll data and the last one contained no errors of any sort, and measured stated responses among registered voters with total accuracy (rounded to an integer). We still wouldn’t know how much of this modest “movement” came from those migration-related policy changes, how much was influenced by other “events” over the past fortnight, the past month or the past six months, or what the polls would be showing if Turnbull hadn’t made these announcements. Survey results are driven by a Rumsfeldian smorgasbord of known unknowns, long and short term.

The fact is that this Newspoll, for all intents and purposes, is the same as a fortnight ago, but what matters is that the Australian’s online headline reads “Support for PM on the rise” and the blurb says “The Coalition has gained an increase in support over tougher citizenship rules while PM’s voter satisfaction improves.” Other news outlets are repeating this interpretation, and given the centrality of Newspoll to the consensus of opinion within the political class, most reporting will take place through that prism: of a prime minister rebuilding his stocks.

That should stop leadership talk, for a while, leaving clear air to sell the budget in two weeks. That’s the plan, anyway.

http://insidestory.org.au/those-damned-elusive-newspoll-boosts

The Budget should remove any move to the Libs, assuming there was a real one not just sampling error (and an apparent move from 1 to 2 could in fact be a move from 0.4 to 0.6.)

NEVER trust just one poll. The trend is your friend.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 4:27am

See what I mean, I post something and my 2 STATUS SYMBOL TROLLS come running because they admire and envy my superior ability so much they are like lost puppies following me around.

Gosh you'd have to have a weak mind to carry on like that.

Now you other Lefties, who is the MOST IMPORTANT now that I can justify 2 STATUS SYMBOL TROLLS, not 1 but 2 ?

Gee won't them other Lefties be consumed with jealousy ?

Now I know how Pauline feels when surrounded by adoring followers.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:18am

Just correcting your lies YouLiar.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:28am

My God my 2nd STATUS SYMBOL TROLL couldn't sleep and is following me around already.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:03am

The only troll I see is YouLiar.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:48am

juliar wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:28am:
My God my 2nd STATUS SYMBOL TROLL couldn't sleep and is following me around already.

Trash again from trash troll juliar.

IP Logged

gfresh

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:29pm

If Shorty keeps sliding like this, in a few years he will be down with Mal !!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print