Send Topic Print
Military Imposters (Read 9689 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Military Imposters
Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:37pm

it usually doesn't take to long to catch these scumbags in their lie

I barely tolerate civilian abuse, but a filthy piece of sh1t like karnal posing as an ex-serviceman who has seen active service abusing actual ex-servicemen is the fkken lowest of the low.

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:30pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:34pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:31pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:22pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 6:46pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 6:43pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 6:39pm:
Gawd, we recycle the same old same old every year.  Can anyone bung up a link to Credlin's article in today's papers?  I can't get past a paywall.

what was the article called?

"Best of us died on Anzac Day."

Come on, son. We've still got Big Hole and the Mechanic.

We'll need someone to push their wheelchairs in this year's parade.

Any takers?

But aren't you a LOT older than we are?

No, son, I'm a LOT bloody younger.

You two were using Grecian 2000 when you were in nappies.

Really, I thought you not only served in the army as a trained killer, but fought in Viet Nam.

Since my age is not too hard to work out, it seem your lie of of military service is pretty much exposed.

Looks like you spent as much time fighting in Viet Nam as trump., fkken loser.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bobby will be upset that his love is nothing more that a lying piece of sh1t military wannabe.

Eventually you fkkheads all get caught,

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Military Imposters
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:01pm

Dear BigOl,
isn't it a criminal offence to make up fake war service?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:43am

This is for all of you who stand behind our resident imposter.

Under the Australia's Defence Act, 1903, as amended, it is a federal crime to claim to be a returned soldier, sailor or airman. It is also a crime to wear any service decoration one has not earned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_imposter#Australia

Each time a military impostor is left "unexposed", it cheapens the value of every true hero, and cheapens the sacrifice that every genuine service-person and veteran makes. The impostor has ruined his own life with his lies. The impostor makes a choice and must face the consequence of HIS or HER OWN actions.

Most of the phoney veterans reported to us are from the Vietnam era, impersonating Vietnam vets seems to have been the "flavour of the month" since the Welcome Home parades in 1987. We have recourse to the Vietnam Veterans Nominal Roll, which is not a definitive guide, just the first source of confirmation. The VVNR is not accurate, and it is not complete. Our Australasia-wide team has access to unit/ship/muster records in all three services and under the federal Freedom of Information legislation, service records beyond  thirty years are available to anyone.

http://www.anzmi.net/index.php/about/our-mission

Better hope you don't get found out you piece of sh1t.  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 1:39pm

I've never served. That said, Anzac day seems to bring out a lot of undiscovered war heroes. We remember our fallen heroes and the men and women who served. For me, I don't waste prayers on the brass, logistics personnel and the various paper pushers and career reservists.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 2:42pm

Literally hundreds of imposters on that site. More than a few of them can be considered genuine veterans, however they try to inflate their roles by displaying extra medals or pretending a rank they werent awarded. And they nearly all claim to have served in the special forces of some kind and claim horrific wartime experiences.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 2:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
. For me, I don't waste prayers on the brass, logistics personnel and the various paper pushers and career reservists.
Thats 95 percent of the armed forces and 99.99 percent of the marchers on Anzac day.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 2:53pm

rhino wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 2:42pm:
Literally hundreds of imposters on that site. More than a few of them can be considered genuine veterans, however they try to inflate their roles by displaying extra medals or pretending a rank they werent awarded. And they nearly all claim to have served in the special forces of some kind and claim horrific wartime experiences.

That tends to be the give away, every one spins their 'warries' over a few beers, but some clowns tend to have done everything bigger and better than the rest of the group.

The army has it worst, in the RAAF there are a lot fewer impostors and they would be very quickly found out.''

It seems our resident imposter has started acting out, which they tend to do when found out.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:35pm

I've never served. That said, Anzac day seems to bring out a lot of undiscovered war heroes. We remember our fallen heroes and the men and women who served. For me, I don't waste prayers on the brass, logistics personnel and the various paper pushers and career reservists.

"The brass" all once served in the lower ranks, Hammer, they are not instantly created as "brass".

"Logistics personnel" are those that make it possible for those in the front line to fight.  Approximately nine out of ten soldiers are "logistics personnel" and their bravery in accomplishing their tasks, often under fire and without thanks from ungrateful fools like you should not be overlooked.   Many "logistics personnel" because of circumstance have had to prove that they are riflemen first and "logistics personnel" second, such as James Barber who was awarded the George Cross for his service in Vietnam on  2 October 1969.

"various paper pushers"  are the men and women who make the bureaucracy of the military actually work, who make it accountable to the civilian authorities and keep track of the millions of dollars of equipment that it is equipped with.

"career reservists" are the citizen soldiers who have used their weekends, their week nights to help defend this nation.   They were the militiar, like from 39 Battalion which stood firm at Kokoda and paraded with the fewest number of active personnel on record after a battle at end of the Battle of the Bridgeheads in New Guinea (some 40 out of a starting strength if over 500 men).   At Kokoda the following happened:

Quote:
In suffering the full brunt of the Japanese advance to Kokoda, the 39th had lost its first Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Bill Owen at Kokoda Village.  Owen was temporarily replaced by Lieutenant Colonel Cameron and then by Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Honner who was a brilliant, battle experienced veteran of the Middle East. His orders were to hold the Japanese at Isurava, about 10 kilometres south of Kokoda.

Taking up his new command on 16 August 1942, he had found his soldiers already exhausted from fierce fighting in the most inhospitable of conditions, many suffering tropical diseases, and facing a numerically superior, confident and ruthless enemy.

Yet the 39th had been transformed into a remarkable unit – evidenced by an invalid contingent sent out of battle, defiantly returning back up the track to fight again when they heard their mates were in serious trouble.

Ralph Honner later wrote: “When, on the 27th, the complete relief of the 39th was ordered for the following day, I had sent back, under Lieutenant Johnson the weakest of the battalion’s sick to have them one stage ahead of the long march to Moresby – they were too feeble for the fast moving fighting expected at the front.”  Two days later, Johnson, learning of the plight of the 2/14th and 39th Battalions, led his soldiers back – the fittest of the unfit returning into battle.

Barrett’s work, “We Were There” provides the essence: “The battalion was in trouble, so twenty-seven out of thirty went back. The three who didn’t were minus a foot; had a bullet in the throat, and a forearm blown off. We never did it for God, King and Country – forget that. We did it because the 39th expected it of us.”

[Source]

They were as brave as the AIF regulars, as determined and as canny.  They deserve better than your stupid and foolish comment, Hammer but else have we come to expect from someone as ignorant as yourself?   They, like everybody else serve and today every ARes unit has a smattering of men and women who have campaign ribbons from East Timor, The Solomans, Afghanistan and Iraq where they served on individual contracts and earnt the respect of their fellow soldiers.  You disgust me yet again but again for you, that isn't hard. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:35pm:

"The brass" all once served in the lower ranks, Hammer, they are not instantly created as "brass".

"Logistics personnel" are those that make it possible for those in the front line to fight.  Approximately nine out of ten soldiers are "logistics personnel" and their bravery in accomplishing their tasks, often under fire and without thanks from ungrateful fools like you should not be overlooked.   Many "logistics personnel" because of circumstance have had to prove that they are riflemen first and "logistics personnel" second, such as James Barber who was awarded the George Cross for his service in Vietnam on  2 October 1969.

"various paper pushers"  are the men and women who make the bureaucracy of the military actually work, who make it accountable to the civilian authorities and keep track of the millions of dollars of equipment that it is equipped with.

"career reservists" are the citizen soldiers who have used their weekends, their week nights to help defend this nation.   They were the militiar, like from 39 Battalion which stood firm at Kokoda and paraded with the fewest number of active personnel on record after a battle at end of the Battle of the Bridgeheads in New Guinea (some 40 out of a starting strength if over 500 men).   At Kokoda the following happened:

Quote:
In suffering the full brunt of the Japanese advance to Kokoda, the 39th had lost its first Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Bill Owen at Kokoda Village.  Owen was temporarily replaced by Lieutenant Colonel Cameron and then by Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Honner who was a brilliant, battle experienced veteran of the Middle East. His orders were to hold the Japanese at Isurava, about 10 kilometres south of Kokoda.

Taking up his new command on 16 August 1942, he had found his soldiers already exhausted from fierce fighting in the most inhospitable of conditions, many suffering tropical diseases, and facing a numerically superior, confident and ruthless enemy.

Yet the 39th had been transformed into a remarkable unit – evidenced by an invalid contingent sent out of battle, defiantly returning back up the track to fight again when they heard their mates were in serious trouble.

Ralph Honner later wrote: “When, on the 27th, the complete relief of the 39th was ordered for the following day, I had sent back, under Lieutenant Johnson the weakest of the battalion’s sick to have them one stage ahead of the long march to Moresby – they were too feeble for the fast moving fighting expected at the front.”  Two days later, Johnson, learning of the plight of the 2/14th and 39th Battalions, led his soldiers back – the fittest of the unfit returning into battle.

Barrett’s work, “We Were There” provides the essence: “The battalion was in trouble, so twenty-seven out of thirty went back. The three who didn’t were minus a foot; had a bullet in the throat, and a forearm blown off. We never did it for God, King and Country – forget that. We did it because the 39th expected it of us.”

[Source]

They were as brave as the AIF regulars, as determined and as canny.  They deserve better than your stupid and foolish comment, Hammer but else have we come to expect from someone as ignorant as yourself?   They, like everybody else serve and today every ARes unit has a smattering of men and women who have campaign ribbons from East Timor, The Solomans, Afghanistan and Iraq where they served on individual contracts and earnt the respect of their fellow soldiers.  You disgust me yet again but again for you, that isn't hard. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
So the brass were all once rank and file soldiers???? You sure about that.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:44pm

And the militia who fought at Kokoda were never career rerservists. They were poor kids and mostly unemployed due to the depression. Career reservist are accountants during the week and warriors on the weekend.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:47pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:39pm:

Quote:

[Source]

They nearly all started out at least as Lieutenants or Second-Lieutenants, Hammer, some had previous military service in the ORs before that.   There is only one route to higher military appointment in the Australian Defence Forces - through the lower ranks.

Now, how about my other criticisms of your silly comment, Hammer?  You going to let that go to focus on only one point?  Tsk, tsk, I take that means you admit you're wrong there...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:39pm:

Quote:

[Source]

They nearly all started out at least as Lieutenants or Second-Lieutenants, Hammer, some had previous military service in the ORs before that.   There is only one route to higher military appointment in the Australian Defence Forces - through the lower ranks.

Now, how about my other criticisms of your silly comment, Hammer?  You going to let that go to focus on only one point?  Tsk, tsk, I take that means you admit you're wrong there...   Roll Eyes
Plenty of "brass" have never had a hot bullet fly over their heads Brian. Particularly the officer class during the 1st war. Even in Vietnam they had "lifers" who never did any fighting. You comment is crap and you know it. The poor and nameless do most of the fighting in war.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:53pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
And the militia who fought at Kokoda were never career rerservists. They were poor kids and mostly unemployed due to the depression. Career reservist are accountants during the week and warriors on the weekend.

Ah, spoken from experience, Hammer?

Members of 39 Battalion were all (or rather nearly all) were employed before joining up, in the civilian economy.  The depression in Australia was well and truly over and done with by 1932 when a gradual increase in wool and meat prices brought about a complete recovery by 1937.   

Quote:
From October to November 1941 the 39th was raised as a single unit, comprised mostly of young men of 18 or 19 years who had been called up for national service.

Following Japan's sudden entry into the Second World War, a new 39th was raised as part of the 30th Brigade to garrison Port Moresby. The 39th joined the 49th Infantry Battalion, already in Moresby, and the 53rd Infantry Battalion, which had been quickly formed in Sydney. The 39th arrived in Moresby at the start of January 1942, with little military training.

The 39th was initially used for garrison duties and working parties. In June it was ordered to proceed up the Kokoda Trail to block any possible Japanese overland advance. The 39th B Company and troops from the Papuan Infantry Battalion (PIB) reached Kokoda on 15 July. Japanese forces landed at Gona, on the north coast of Papua, a week later and quickly moved inland.

[Source]

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:57pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
Plenty of "brass" have never had a hot bullet fly over their heads Brian. Particularly the officer class during the 1st war. Even in Vietnam they had "lifers" who never did any fighting. You comment is crap and you know it. The poor and nameless do most of the fighting in war.

And "plenty of "brass"" have had their career prospects limited because they have never commanded an Infantry Battalion, Hammer.   One only has to look at the list of appointments to above Lieutenant-General to see that.   It reads like an old-boys book of the infantry school at Singleton.   "Brass" means different things to different peoples and it's obvious you've never served, let alone met, I suspect, a member of the military hierarchy.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:53pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:44pm:

Ah, spoken from experience, Hammer?

Members of 39 Battalion were all (or rather nearly all) were employed before joining up, in the civilian economy.  The depression in Australia was well and truly over and done with by 1932 when a gradual increase in wool and meat prices brought about a complete recovery by 1937.   

Quote:
From October to November 1941 the 39th was raised as a single unit, comprised mostly of young men of 18 or 19 years who had been called up for national service.

Following Japan's sudden entry into the Second World War, a new 39th was raised as part of the 30th Brigade to garrison Port Moresby. The 39th joined the 49th Infantry Battalion, already in Moresby, and the 53rd Infantry Battalion, which had been quickly formed in Sydney. The 39th arrived in Moresby at the start of January 1942, with little military training.

The 39th was initially used for garrison duties and working parties. In June it was ordered to proceed up the Kokoda Trail to block any possible Japanese overland advance. The 39th B Company and troops from the Papuan Infantry Battalion (PIB) reached Kokoda on 15 July. Japanese forces landed at Gona, on the north coast of Papua, a week later and quickly moved inland.

[Source]

Where does it say they were nearly all employed Brian? The forming of the militia was a government incentive formed in the late 30's to boost the army and get young people into jobs. Many were even off the streets and Sydney and Melbourne. They were never career reservists.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:57pm:

And "plenty of "brass"" have had their career prospects limited because they have never commanded an Infantry Battalion, Hammer.   One only has to look at the list of appointments to above Lieutenant-General to see that.   It reads like an old-boys book of the infantry school at Singleton.   "Brass" means different things to different peoples and it's obvious you've never served, let alone met, I suspect, a member of the military hierarchy.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
So what if I haven't served. Plenty of my family have and I know a load about history. Considering that our men fought mostly under career rich snots during ww1 and ww2 I'm pretty sure I'm right. Ever been shot at Brian?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:09pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:01pm:

So what if I haven't served. Plenty of my family have and I know a load about history. Considering that our men fought mostly under career rich snots during ww1 and ww2 I'm pretty sure I'm right. Ever been shot at Brian?

Try to avoid being a dick about someone else's service.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:16pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:09pm:

Brian is trying to tell me I have no idea about Australian military history because I didn't serve. I'm only young. Hardly anybody in my generation has been in combat. I want to know if Brian has.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:35pm

Isn't that potentially what you're doing to Karnal?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:46pm

BigOl has never seen combat but his service is still appreciated.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:51pm

I reckon 'workers' for the department of defence are just, plain old public servants.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:56pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:16pm:

Brian is trying to tell me I have no idea about Australian military history because I didn't serve. I'm only young. Hardly anybody in my generation has been in combat. I want to know if Brian has.

Nope.  Did 10 years between 1977 and 1988, when we were all engaged in "continental defence".  I spent my years making sure that no one landed on our beaches uninvited.   Roll Eyes

Oh, and you have no idea about, well it seems, basically anything Hammer.   You're a fool and a troll and it shows.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:59pm

Do career reservists march alongside the 'real' vets on Anzac Day?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

Nope.  Did 10 years between 1977 and 1988, when we were all engaged in "continental defence".  I spent my years making sure that no one landed on our beaches uninvited.   Roll Eyes

Oh, and you have no idea about, well it seems, basically anything Hammer.   You're a fool and a troll and it shows.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes
My grandfather fought in new guinea and he never talked about it. You talk about your service and you never went into combat. I find that strange.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:01pm

You haven't served?  Nothing wrong with that, Hammer.  However, you act as if you had.  As for your historical knowledge, my autistic son knows more history than you appear to.

Oh, and Australian Army officers during WWI and WWII and afterwards are representative of the broad sweep of Australian society.   Duntroon, Point Cook, Jervis Bay were and ADFA now, are selective about who can become an officer on the basis of their previous service, their academic achievements and their ability.  No one has a pre-earned slot.  Very few officers are "career rich snots,"...   Something you'd know if you actually had ever spoken to an officer of the ADF.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:05pm

You had a job in the army. Does that make your contribution any more valid than a customs officer?

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:07pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:59pm:

My grandfather fought in new guinea and he never talked about it. You talk about your service and you never went into combat. I find that strange.

Your grandfather may well have seen things he didn't want to talk about, unless of course he was one of your hated, "Brass", "Logistics personnel", "career reservists", etc.?   Roll Eyes

Me?  I have nothing to hide about my service, Hammer.  I have always admitted that I served from 1977 to 1988.   I was a member of the RAAOC (Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps).   I served as a Rifleman, a Storeman (Tech), a Clerk (Tech) and as a Storeman (General).   I operated forklifts, mobile shower units, and used L1a1 rifles, L2a1 Automatic Rifles,  L4a4 Bren Guns, M60 GPMGs, M16 rifles F88 Steyrs, Minimis and L7 GPMGs.  I drove trucks, Landrovers.   I was what was known initially as a "crunchie" and later as a "cockroach".   You got a problem with any of that?  I don't.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:01pm:

You haven't served?  Nothing wrong with that, Hammer.  However, you act as if you had.  As for your historical knowledge, my autistic son knows more history than you appear to.

Oh, and Australian Army officers during WWI and WWII and afterwards are representative of the broad sweep of Australian society.   Duntroon, Point Cook, Jervis Bay were and ADFA now, are selective about who can become an officer on the basis of their previous service, their academic achievements and their ability.  No one has a pre-earned slot.  Very few officers are "career rich snots,"...   Something you'd know if you actually had ever spoken to an officer of the ADF.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
This is the thing you fail to understand Brian. During ww1 for almost the entire war the Australian army were governed by British officers who were born into their positions via an entrenched class system. The brass are the high-ups. The ones with brass all over their uniforms. You seem to be mixed up with who the brass are. They are the old guys who smoke cigars and look at maps. For the first few years of ww2 our troops were governed by the same people in the middle east and Malayia. Your autistic son obviously knows more than you.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:46pm:

And BigOl is a disgrace:

http://ozpolitic.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14548&p=206173#p206173

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:05pm:
You had a job in the army. Does that make your contribution any more valid than a customs officer?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Needling me now, Hammer?  Tsk, tsk, and so I am proved correct that you're troll.

I had a job where I wore a jungle green and then later a camouflage uniform.  I trained to kill people.  I handled firearms which most gun nuts dream about.  I also learnt to be responsible and disciplined.   What do you do for a living?

Run along back under your bridge, boy.  I hear some goats coming.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:07pm:

Your grandfather may well have seen things he didn't want to talk about, unless of course he was one of your hated, "Brass", "Logistics personnel", "career reservists", etc.?   Roll Eyes

Me?  I have nothing to hide about my service, Hammer.  I have always admitted that I served from 1977 to 1988.   I was a member of the RAAOC (Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps).   I served as a Rifleman, a Storeman (Tech), a Clerk (Tech) and as a Storeman (General).   I operated forklifts, mobile shower units, and used L1a1 rifles, L2a1 Automatic Rifles,  L4a4 Bren Guns, M60 GPMGs, M16 rifles F88 Steyrs, Minimis and L7 GPMGs.  I drove trucks, Landrovers.   I was what was known initially as a "crunchie" and later as a "cockroach".   You got a problem with any of that?  I don't.   Roll Eyes
That's great. I've worked all my life so I've served my country too. But you didn't fight in any war though.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Needling me now, Hammer?  Tsk, tsk, and so I am proved correct that you're troll.

I had a job where I wore a jungle green and then later a camouflage uniform.  I trained to kill people.  I handled firearms which most gun nuts dream about.  I also learnt to be responsible and disciplined.   What do you do for a living?

Police officers handle guns are they experience more crap than you obviously have.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #32 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm:

This is the thing you fail to understand Brian. During ww1 for almost the entire war the Australian army were governed by British officers who were born into their positions via an entrenched class system. The brass are the high-ups. The ones with brass all over their uniforms. You seem to be mixed up with who the brass are. They are the old guys who smoke cigars and look at maps. For the first few years of ww2 our troops were governed by the same people in the middle east and Malayia. Your autistic son obviously knows more than you.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see you're still trolling, Hammer.   Roll Eyes

How many British officers "governed" the AIF in World War One?   One.   General Bridges.  Look him.   You might find his career illuminating.   His mother BTW was Australian.  He was succeed by an Australian.   Major General Francis Adrian Wilson, CB, CMG, DSO.  Another interesting man.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Good old Anzac Day, ey.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:15pm

You havent got the humility to admit you weren't a trench rat. Tsk tsk.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:16pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:15pm:

I am sure he just did.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:14pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see you're still trolling, Hammer. 

How many British officers "governed" the AIF in World War One?   One.   General Bridges.  Look him.   You might find his career illuminating.   His mother BTW was Australian.
What about Douglas Haig Rambo? Who planed Galipoli. The British brass. You've got no idea.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #37 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:18pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

Police officers handle guns are they experience more crap than you obviously have.

Not according to Baronverdi.  Tsk, tsk, Hammer.   Really?  Is this the best needling you can do?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:25pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:16pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:15pm:

I am sure he just did.

That's why he's getting all up in my face and abusive. He just hasn't got the height in the ole Anzac Day war story pissing contest. He should admit as much out of respect for the veterans who risked their lives in combat.

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #39 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Hammer, first up, I have never served so not getting into a pissing match with anyone here about their defence force service, or lack thereof.
However I can say this, my grandfather was held as a Russian POW in WW2, and my great uncle a POW on the Burma railway. Both went to war as god fearing men and came back godless ... never to speak of their experiences, ever. Those experiences were just too horific for words and memory. RIP to both.
My neice and her now husband did multiple tours of Afganistan and Iraq ... neice was a truck driver for logistics, she was exposed to direct action several times because without her the front line boys would have been in major strife. Her husband did his time hard, he doesn't speak of it either, however he is now one of the Brass ... well deserved too.

A question to those in the know, BigO, Brian ... regarding the offence to wear decoration not earned, how does that go relating to a family member of friend wearing the decoration of the deceased or those unable to march on Anzac day?

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:33pm

Quote:
regarding the offence to wear decoration not earned, how does that go relating to a family member of friend wearing the decoration of the deceased or those unable to march on Anzac day?

I can answer that as the Brother of a retired Brigadier and Son of a WW2 Digger.

The medals are worn on the other side of the chest (right, I think) to signify they are being worn on behalf of someone else.

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #41 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:33pm:
Quote:
regarding the offence to wear decoration not earned, how does that go relating to a family member of friend wearing the decoration of the deceased or those unable to march on Anzac day?

I can answer that as the Brother of a retired Brigadier and Son of a WW2 Digger.

The medals are worn on the other side of the chest (right, I think) to signify they are being worn on behalf of someone else.

Thanks Aussie.

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:17pm:

How many British officers "governed" the AIF in World War One?   One.   General Bridges.  Look him.   You might find his career illuminating.   His mother BTW was Australian.
What about Douglas Haig Rambo? Who planed Galipoli. The British brass. You've got no idea.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Douglas Haig was in command of the Western Front.  Yes, Australians did serve under him.   However, he never commanded them directly.  There were intermediary commanders.   Tsk, tsk, you obviously know little about military history, don't you?  Such a silly sausage.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:36pm

Quote:

Your relative's decorations are worn on the right breast.   Your decorations are worn on the left breast.  This is by convention.

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #44 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:36pm:
Quote:

Your relative's decorations are worn on the right breast.   Your decorations are worn on the left breast.  This is by convention.

Thanks Brian.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:36pm:
Quote:

An evil thought just crossed my mind.  I wonder how long it would take someone to realise -  I could wear Dad's medals and those of the Brigadier (on the right chest) and see how long it took for anyone to see the difference and the dilemma.  It would be quite an impressive chest, I have to say.

Typical of me, I know.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:17pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Douglas Haig was in command of the Western Front.  Yes, Australians did serve under him.   However, he never commanded them directly.  There were intermediary commanders.   Tsk, tsk, you obviously know little about military history, don't you?  Such a silly sausage.

So now it's directly. Haig had total command of our army in France nincompoop. Kitchener had command of our men at Galipoli. They planned the battles (with other rich poms) which they fought and died in.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:47pm

fezz wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm:

Hammer, first up, I have never served so not getting into a pissing match with anyone here about their defence force service, or lack thereof.
However I can say this, my grandfather was held as a Russian POW in WW2, and my great uncle a POW on the Burma railway. Both went to war as god fearing men and came back godless ... never to speak of their experiences, ever. Those experiences were just too horific for words and memory. RIP to both.
My neice and her now husband did multiple tours of Afganistan and Iraq ... neice was a truck driver for logistics, she was exposed to direct action several times because without her the front line boys would have been in major strife. Her husband did his time hard, he doesn't speak of it either, however he is now one of the Brass ... well deserved too.

A question to those in the know, BigO, Brian ... regarding the offence to wear decoration not earned, how does that go relating to a family member of friend wearing the decoration of the deceased or those unable to march on Anzac day?
It's different times fezz. Soldiers can make it into the high up brass from rank and file soldiers now. In the past the brass were born into their positions. Particularly in the British army. Brian doesn't believe this. I don't know why.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:03pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:47pm:

It's different times fezz. Soldiers can make it into the high up brass from rank and file soldiers now. In the past the brass were born into their positions. Particularly in the British army. Brian doesn't believe this. I don't know why.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Hammer, changing the goal posts.  It started out as Australian officers and has now changed to British officers.   You are aware are you not that the Australian Army has never been a part of the British Army?  Its first commander was a British Officer, it's second and third were not.  Ever since 1911, it's commanders have been Australian born and bred.  On the Western Front, it's commander was whom?  Tell us, demonstrate your vast knowledge of Australian military history.  Who commanded the AIF?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #49 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

And BigOl is a disgrace:

No bobby you are a fkking disgrace you and that scumbag military impostor, seeing fit to abuse people about their service.

What sort of person goes about abusing ex-servicemen just before ANZAC Day; you and that piece of sh1t, that's who.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #50 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:01pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:35pm:

But see, karnal is a military impostor, he has never served in Viet Nam or anywhere else most likely. He got caught in the lie and now he is outed as a fkking scumbag.

He is lower than shark sh1t and will be treated as such, if find out who he is the federal police and ANZMI will be notified.

Try to not judge someone's service by the fact of beings shot at, very people have that in their 'job description' these days.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:02pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:03pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:47pm:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Hammer, changing the goal posts.  It started out as Australian officers and has now changed to British officers.   You are aware are you not that the Australian Army has never been a part of the British Army?  Its first commander was a British Officer, it's second and third were not.  Ever since 1911, it's commanders have been Australian born and bred.  On the Western Front, it's commander was whom?  Tell us, demonstrate your vast knowledge of Australian military history.  Who commanded the AIF?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are wrong. The Australian Army was governed and a part of the British Army during WW1. The British Brass were our commanders.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Big ole, are you really sure Karnal is not an ex-serviceman? You could be doing precisely that of which you accuse others?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:09pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:01pm:

But see, karnal is a military impostor, he has never served in Viet Nam or anywhere else most likely. He got caught in the lie and now he is outed as a fkking scumbag.

He is lower than shark sh1t and will be treated as such, if find out who he is the federal police and ANZMI will be notified.

Try to not judge someone's service by the fact of beings shot at, very people have that in their 'job description' these days.

Most Australians dont have their 'safe' careers commemorated in a dawn service and parade during a public holiday either.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:11pm

For Brian (Rambo)

General Sir William Birdwood (1865-1951)

General Sir William Birdwood
Photo: General Sir William Birdwood (Australian War Memorial)

'Birdy', as he was known by the troops, was British and born in Bombay. He was a senior officer in Britain's Indian Army when he was promoted to commander of the newly-created Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) in in Egypt in December 1914.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:23pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:14pm

Brigadier Ewen Sinclair-Maclagan (1868-1948)

A British regular soldier born in Edinburgh
, General Bridges recruited Sinclair-Maclagan for the Royal Military College, Duntroon in 1910 as a lieutenant colonel and director of drill.

Brigadier Ewen Sinclair-Maclagan, WWI military leader
Photo: Brigadier Ewen Sinclair-Maclagan (Australian War Memorial)

When Bridges raised the 1st Division AIF in August 1914, he chose Sinclair-Maclagan to command the 3rd Infantry Brigade. He led them in the first wave to land at Gallipoli, despite considering the task "too big for a brigade
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:22pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #56 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:16pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
Big ole, are you really sure Karnal is not an ex-serviceman? You could be doing precisely that of which you accuse others?

Yeah, his behavior indicates otherwise and he got caught lying about his age. He couldn't possibly be the age he indicated he was and have served in Viet Nam as well.

A stupid error on his behalf, but everyone gets caught eventually.

An impostor may be  use for any abuse you or anyone deems appropriate. I know I will continue on indefinitey  Smiley

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:21pm

Suck my balls Rambo- Wikipedia

The Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener, appointed General Sir Ian Hamilton to command the 78,000 men of the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force (MEF).[47] Soldiers from the Australian Imperial Force (AIF) and New Zealand Expeditionary Force (NZEF) were encamped in Egypt, undergoing training prior to being sent to France.[55]

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #58 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:25pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:09pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:01pm:

Most Australians dont have their 'safe' careers commemorated in a dawn service and parade during a public holiday either.

Still not for you to judge. Where will you as a civilian draw the line on who gets a pat on the back or a kick in the arse.

The RAAF loses many people in peacetime during normal operations are they not worthy of being commemorated?

Since then, 10 crewmen have been killed in eight Australian air force F-111 crashes. The last was in 1999 when two pilots died after crashing into a mountain on a small Malaysian island during a simulated night bombing raid.

Between 1973 and 2000 up to 400 aircraft technicians were exposed to highly toxic chemicals while repairing the aircraft's fuel tank.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/farewell-to-the-pig-the-fighter-jet-that-never-sa...

That is only one airframe  and if you include other deaths by air crew and maintainers are their lives worth less, is their service to be ignored>?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:35pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:50pm:

And BigOl is a disgrace:

No bobby you are a fkking disgrace you and that scumbag military impostor, seeing fit to abuse people about their service.

What sort of person goes about abusing ex-servicemen just before ANZAC Day; you and that piece of sh1t, that's who.

BigOl - you're a disgrace to military history.

http://www.historytoday.com/patrick-wilson/dunkirk-victory-or-defeat

Quote:
Battle of Dunkirk:
British casualties amounted to 68,000, while French losses totaled around 290,000 with many more than that either missing or taken prisoner. German casualties, on the other hand, amounted to 27,074 killed and 111,034 wounded.

290,000 French soldiers died trying to save the British
and you call them cowards yet you've never been in a battle.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:42pm

I'm not saying anyone deserves a kick in the a.r.s.e.  Truck drivers die on the road. Surf life savers drown in the surf. Parametics get stabbed to death trying to save junkies. If a defence employee shuffles papers in the office HQ, why is his effort more important than a bank tellers just because he wears a green uniform?
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:03pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #61 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:50pm:

And BigOl is a disgrace:

BigOl - you're a disgrace to military history.

http://www.historytoday.com/patrick-wilson/dunkirk-victory-or-defeat

Quote:
Battle of Dunkirk:
British casualties amounted to 68,000, while French losses totaled around 290,000 with many more than that either missing or taken prisoner. German casualties, on the other hand, amounted to 27,074 killed and 111,034 wounded.

290,000 French soldiers died trying to save the British
and you call them cowards yet you've never been in a battle.

So that is how you understand the french election that they just had this week end do you?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Fkk you're desperate for attention.

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:19pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #62 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:18pm

BigOl - you're quick to call the French cowards after so many French people died
to save Australian & British soldiers.

If you tried that sort of put down in France you'd soon find if they were cowards or not.
Apologise to the French people.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #63 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:21pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
BigOl - you're quick to call the French cowards after so many French people died

If you tried that sort of put down in France you'd soon find if they were cowards or not.

What the fkk is wrong with you?

Are you off your fkking meds you lunatic/

My comment about the french government in the recently run french election has what to do with WWI exactly?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #64 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:39pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:21pm:

My comment about the french government in the recently run french election has what to do with WWI exactly?

You wrote
http://ozpolitic.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=206190#p206190

Quote:
Once a cheese eating surrender monkey, always a cheese eating surrender monkey.
Suffer muslim terrorist attack
Cower like a beaten dog
Change facebook profile picture in support of the status quo
And repeat

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #65 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
You are wrong. The Australian Army was governed and a part of the British Army during WW1.

Am I?  Prove it, Hammer.  Lets see you prove that the Australian Army (established on 1 March 1901) was "governed and a part of the British Army during WWI".   I look forward to your efforts, lets see them or will you bunk off as you always do when challenged?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The British Brass were our commanders.

I am sure that will come as a completely surprise to Sir John Monash.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:48pm

I did prove it. I think you had bunked off.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:06pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
For Brian (Rambo)

'Birdy', as he was known by the troops, was British and born in Bombay. He was a senior officer in Britain's Indian Army when he was promoted to commander of the newly-created Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) in in Egypt in December 1914.

Birdwood was in the Indian Army - a separate but subsidiary force of the British Army which had it's roots in "John Company" - the East Indian Company's army.  Why not quote the whole entry about Birdwood, Hammer?

Quote:
Birdwood became known as the "soul of the Anzacs"’, promoting the abbreviation as the new name for Anzac Cove, and furthering the use of the term 'Anzacs' for men who served there.

His headquarters was located close by and was often exposed to Turkish shelling. Charles Bean once wrote that "many a man lost his life within a stone's throw of the place".

Birdwood stayed close to the front lines and was regularly seen walking the trenches.

He later wrote: "I doubt if a commander was ever in closer touch with his men than I ... was compelled to be, when at Anzac on the Gallipoli Peninsula."

This behaviour won him the support of the troops, but on continuing his command of the Anzacs in France, he regularly clashed with British commander Field Marshall Sir Douglas Haig, who felt that Birdwood was popular at the expense of discipline.

[Source]

So, Birdwood was an outsider to the British Army, he belonged to the Indian Army.  He was not popular with the British commander on the Western Front and he was succeed by whom, Hammer?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
You are wrong. The Australian Army was governed and a part of the British Army during WW1.

Am I?  Prove it, Hammer.  Lets see you prove that the Australian Army (established on 1 March 1901) was "governed and a part of the British Army during WWI".   I look forward to your efforts, lets see them or will you bunk off as you always do when challenged?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The British Brass were our commanders.

I am sure that will come as a completely surprise to Sir John Monash.    Roll Eyes

The Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener, appointed General Sir Ian Hamilton to command the 78,000 men of the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force (MEF).[47] Soldiers from the Australian Imperial Force (AIF) and New Zealand Expeditionary Force (NZEF) were encamped in Egypt, undergoing training prior to being sent to France.[55]

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:06pm:
For Brian (Rambo)

Birdwood was in the Indian Army - a separate but subsidiary force of the British Army which had it's roots in "John Company" - the East Indian Company's army.  Why not quote the whole entry about Birdwood, Hammer?

Quote:
Birdwood became known as the "soul of the Anzacs"’, promoting the abbreviation as the new name for Anzac Cove, and furthering the use of the term 'Anzacs' for men who served there.

His headquarters was located close by and was often exposed to Turkish shelling. Charles Bean once wrote that "many a man lost his life within a stone's throw of the place".

Birdwood stayed close to the front lines and was regularly seen walking the trenches.

He later wrote: "I doubt if a commander was ever in closer touch with his men than I ... was compelled to be, when at Anzac on the Gallipoli Peninsula."

This behaviour won him the support of the troops, but on continuing his command of the Anzacs in France, he regularly clashed with British commander Field Marshall Sir Douglas Haig, who felt that Birdwood was popular at the expense of discipline.

[Source]

So, Birdwood was an outsider to the British Army, he belonged to the Indian Army.  He was not popular with the British commander on the Western Front and he was succeed by whom, Hammer?
So Birdwood wasn't a British officer in charge of Australian troops then? Huh

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Malayan Campaign 1941. Wikipedia

On 27 January, Percival received permission from the commander of the American-British-Dutch-Australian Command, General Archibald Wavell, to order a retreat across the Johore Strait to the island of Singapore.[citation needed]

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Grin

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #72 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:14pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:39pm:

You wrote

Quote:
Cower like a beaten dog
And repeat

Why yes I did and I meant every word

Now are you going to tell everyone what the topic was about?

Or will I provide the context of the statement?

You are a foolish little boy.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #73 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:49am

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:06pm:
For Brian (Rambo)

Quote:

[Source]

So Birdwood wasn't a British officer in charge of Australian troops then? Huh

No, he wasn't.  He was in the Indian Army.  Difference.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:46pm

What I have seen of this forum was various pissants disparaging an ex service member as just a potato peeler, washing planes, polishing windscreens and culminating in a disgusting suggestion by Karnal.

None of the pissants ever heard of the expression signing a blank cheque payable with your life I gather.

Still nothing surprises me on this forum, after all, accusations and insinuations of peadophelia or incest are par for the course around here, I have never seen a forum like it for routine provocations of kiddy fiddling and insults based on sexuality.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #75 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:21pm

Secret Wars wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
What I have seen of this forum was various pissants disparaging an ex service member as just a potato peeler, washing planes, polishing windscreens and culminating in a disgusting suggestion by Karnal.

None of the pissants ever heard of the expression signing a blank cheque payable with your life I gather.

Still nothing surprises me on this forum, after all, accusations and insinuations of peadophelia or incest are par for the course around here, I have never seen a forum like it for routine provocations of kiddy fiddling and insults based on sexuality. 

There are some sick fkkers here, all protecting each other for sure.

Not one of us stood beside karnal for very good reason.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:32pm

Does that include the bash on Muslims?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:35pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:14pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:39pm:

You wrote

Quote:
Cower like a beaten dog
And repeat

Why yes I did and I meant every word

Now are you going to tell everyone what the topic was about?

Or will I provide the context of the statement?

You are a foolish little boy.

BigOl thinks French people are cowards.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:32pm:

nope, plenty of political debate forums debate and bash and defend Muslims.

Might have escaped your attention aussie that Islamic inspired terrorism is a bit of a topical thing at the moment, maybe spend less time on the forum trying to outmod the mods and have a look around.

I have never seen one that tolerates accusations and insinuations of kiddy fiddling and incest though. 

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #79 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:49pm

Looks like our resident imposter has slithered back on to the board after being found out.

Jeez, you would think that once everyone found out you were a pathetic imposter looking to impress your fellow civilians you would just fkk off.

But at least they learned about what every single person who actually served this country thinks of them.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #80 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:51pm

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:02pm

Secret Wars wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:44pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 9:32pm:

nope, plenty of political debate forums debate and bash and defend Muslims.

Might have escaped your attention aussie that Islamic inspired terrorism is a bit of a topical thing at the moment, maybe spend less time on the forum trying to outmod the mods and have a look around.

I have never seen one that tolerates accusations and insinuations of kiddy fiddling and incest though. 

You had me until that crap.  I have zero ambition to GMod.  I have no greater influence here than you do or anyone else does.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:24pm

LOL Aussie, I didn't say anything about influence or you not wanting to be a GMod (yeah right...)

Any one who spends even a small amount of time on this forum can see for themselves the amount of posts you dedicate to back seat modding and even  commenting on modding and practises on another forum, a forum which I gather you were kicked out from and have never gotten over.  You are doing it as I type this. 

Denying it just makes you look a particularly dopy liar.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Secret Wars wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:24pm:
LOL Aussie, I didn't say anything about influence or you not wanting to be a GMod (yeah right...)

Any one who spends even a small amount of time on this forum can see for themselves the amount of posts you dedicate to back seat modding and even  commenting on modding and practises on another forum, a forum which I gather you were kicked out from and have never gotten over.  You are doing it as I type this. 

Denying it just makes you look a particularly dopy liar. 

Quote:
the amount of posts you dedicate to back seat modding

Can't be too hard or onerous to post the links then.  Please do so.

If you meant that I have complained that we have GMods here other than Setanta who do SFA (other than move Threads) then I agree.  I am guilty of that.

Anything to declare, 'Secret Wars?'
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:44pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 9:08am

A little anecdote from the pissant. I remember a time at school, when a classmate brought her father in to talk about his experiences in Vietnam. He didn't arrive dressed in uniform with medals nor did he regale us with Oliver Stone-type stories of epic heroism. He talked about endless patrols far behind the US lines, working in the camp and drinking massive quantities of beer. I get the feeling my classmates were disappointed. It took me a long time to appreciate his message. Not all serviceman dined on rat meat while mortars shook the earth around them. The military is a machine with lots of moving parts and not all of them are exposed to combat. Just as Robert Leske talks about in his books. The fact that a person is offended by this is, perhaps, something for them to think about.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 9:09am

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print