Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Military Imposters (Read 9646 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Military Imposters
Reply #60 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:42pm

I'm not saying anyone deserves a kick in the a.r.s.e.  Truck drivers die on the road. Surf life savers drown in the surf. Parametics get stabbed to death trying to save junkies. If a defence employee shuffles papers in the office HQ, why is his effort more important than a bank tellers just because he wears a green uniform?
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:03pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #61 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:46pm:
BigOl has never seen combat but his service is still appreciated.

And BigOl is a disgrace:

http://ozpolitic.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14548&p=206173#p206173

No bobby you are a fkking disgrace you and that scumbag military impostor, seeing fit to abuse people about their service.

What sort of person goes about abusing ex-servicemen just before ANZAC Day; you and that piece of sh1t, that's who.

BigOl - you're a disgrace to military history.

http://www.historytoday.com/patrick-wilson/dunkirk-victory-or-defeat

Quote:
Battle of Dunkirk:
British casualties amounted to 68,000, while French losses totaled around 290,000 with many more than that either missing or taken prisoner. German casualties, on the other hand, amounted to 27,074 killed and 111,034 wounded.

290,000 French soldiers died trying to save the British
and you call them cowards yet you've never been in a battle.

So that is how you understand the french election that they just had this week end do you?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Fkk you're desperate for attention.

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:19pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #62 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:18pm

BigOl - you're quick to call the French cowards after so many French people died
to save Australian & British soldiers.

If you tried that sort of put down in France you'd soon find if they were cowards or not.
Apologise to the French people.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #63 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:21pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
BigOl - you're quick to call the French cowards after so many French people died

If you tried that sort of put down in France you'd soon find if they were cowards or not.

What the fkk is wrong with you?

Are you off your fkking meds you lunatic/

My comment about the french government in the recently run french election has what to do with WWI exactly?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #64 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:39pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:21pm:

My comment about the french government in the recently run french election has what to do with WWI exactly?

You wrote
http://ozpolitic.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=206190#p206190

Quote:
Once a cheese eating surrender monkey, always a cheese eating surrender monkey.
Suffer muslim terrorist attack
Cower like a beaten dog
Change facebook profile picture in support of the status quo
And repeat

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #65 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
You are wrong. The Australian Army was governed and a part of the British Army during WW1.

Am I?  Prove it, Hammer.  Lets see you prove that the Australian Army (established on 1 March 1901) was "governed and a part of the British Army during WWI".   I look forward to your efforts, lets see them or will you bunk off as you always do when challenged?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The British Brass were our commanders.

I am sure that will come as a completely surprise to Sir John Monash.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:48pm

I did prove it. I think you had bunked off.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:06pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
For Brian (Rambo)

General Sir William Birdwood (1865-1951)

General Sir William Birdwood
Photo: General Sir William Birdwood (Australian War Memorial)

'Birdy', as he was known by the troops, was British and born in Bombay. He was a senior officer in Britain's Indian Army when he was promoted to commander of the newly-created Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) in in Egypt in December 1914.

Birdwood was in the Indian Army - a separate but subsidiary force of the British Army which had it's roots in "John Company" - the East Indian Company's army.  Why not quote the whole entry about Birdwood, Hammer?

Quote:
Birdwood became known as the "soul of the Anzacs"’, promoting the abbreviation as the new name for Anzac Cove, and furthering the use of the term 'Anzacs' for men who served there.

His headquarters was located close by and was often exposed to Turkish shelling. Charles Bean once wrote that "many a man lost his life within a stone's throw of the place".

Birdwood stayed close to the front lines and was regularly seen walking the trenches.

He later wrote: "I doubt if a commander was ever in closer touch with his men than I ... was compelled to be, when at Anzac on the Gallipoli Peninsula."

This behaviour won him the support of the troops, but on continuing his command of the Anzacs in France, he regularly clashed with British commander Field Marshall Sir Douglas Haig, who felt that Birdwood was popular at the expense of discipline.

[Source]

So, Birdwood was an outsider to the British Army, he belonged to the Indian Army.  He was not popular with the British commander on the Western Front and he was succeed by whom, Hammer?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
You are wrong. The Australian Army was governed and a part of the British Army during WW1.

Am I?  Prove it, Hammer.  Lets see you prove that the Australian Army (established on 1 March 1901) was "governed and a part of the British Army during WWI".   I look forward to your efforts, lets see them or will you bunk off as you always do when challenged?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The British Brass were our commanders.

I am sure that will come as a completely surprise to Sir John Monash.    Roll Eyes

The Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener, appointed General Sir Ian Hamilton to command the 78,000 men of the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force (MEF).[47] Soldiers from the Australian Imperial Force (AIF) and New Zealand Expeditionary Force (NZEF) were encamped in Egypt, undergoing training prior to being sent to France.[55]

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:06pm:
For Brian (Rambo)

'Birdy', as he was known by the troops, was British and born in Bombay. He was a senior officer in Britain's Indian Army when he was promoted to commander of the newly-created Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) in in Egypt in December 1914.

Birdwood was in the Indian Army - a separate but subsidiary force of the British Army which had it's roots in "John Company" - the East Indian Company's army.  Why not quote the whole entry about Birdwood, Hammer?

Quote:
Birdwood became known as the "soul of the Anzacs"’, promoting the abbreviation as the new name for Anzac Cove, and furthering the use of the term 'Anzacs' for men who served there.

His headquarters was located close by and was often exposed to Turkish shelling. Charles Bean once wrote that "many a man lost his life within a stone's throw of the place".

Birdwood stayed close to the front lines and was regularly seen walking the trenches.

He later wrote: "I doubt if a commander was ever in closer touch with his men than I ... was compelled to be, when at Anzac on the Gallipoli Peninsula."

This behaviour won him the support of the troops, but on continuing his command of the Anzacs in France, he regularly clashed with British commander Field Marshall Sir Douglas Haig, who felt that Birdwood was popular at the expense of discipline.

[Source]

So, Birdwood was an outsider to the British Army, he belonged to the Indian Army.  He was not popular with the British commander on the Western Front and he was succeed by whom, Hammer?
So Birdwood wasn't a British officer in charge of Australian troops then? Huh

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Malayan Campaign 1941. Wikipedia

On 27 January, Percival received permission from the commander of the American-British-Dutch-Australian Command, General Archibald Wavell, to order a retreat across the Johore Strait to the island of Singapore.[citation needed]

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Grin

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #72 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:14pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:39pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:21pm:

You wrote
http://ozpolitic.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=206190#p206190

Quote:
Once a cheese eating surrender monkey, always a cheese eating surrender monkey.
Suffer muslim terrorist attack
Cower like a beaten dog
Change facebook profile picture in support of the status quo
And repeat

Why yes I did and I meant every word

Now are you going to tell everyone what the topic was about?

Or will I provide the context of the statement?

You are a foolish little boy.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #73 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:49am

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 10:06pm:
For Brian (Rambo)

Quote:

[Source]

So Birdwood wasn't a British officer in charge of Australian troops then? Huh

No, he wasn't.  He was in the Indian Army.  Difference.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 7:46pm

What I have seen of this forum was various pissants disparaging an ex service member as just a potato peeler, washing planes, polishing windscreens and culminating in a disgusting suggestion by Karnal.

None of the pissants ever heard of the expression signing a blank cheque payable with your life I gather.

Still nothing surprises me on this forum, after all, accusations and insinuations of peadophelia or incest are par for the course around here, I have never seen a forum like it for routine provocations of kiddy fiddling and insults based on sexuality.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print