Military Imposters (Read 9687 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Military Imposters
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
Plenty of "brass" have never had a hot bullet fly over their heads Brian. Particularly the officer class during the 1st war. Even in Vietnam they had "lifers" who never did any fighting. You comment is crap and you know it. The poor and nameless do most of the fighting in war.

And "plenty of "brass"" have had their career prospects limited because they have never commanded an Infantry Battalion, Hammer.   One only has to look at the list of appointments to above Lieutenant-General to see that.   It reads like an old-boys book of the infantry school at Singleton.   "Brass" means different things to different peoples and it's obvious you've never served, let alone met, I suspect, a member of the military hierarchy.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
So what if I haven't served. Plenty of my family have and I know a load about history. Considering that our men fought mostly under career rich snots during ww1 and ww2 I'm pretty sure I'm right. Ever been shot at Brian?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:09pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
Plenty of "brass" have never had a hot bullet fly over their heads Brian. Particularly the officer class during the 1st war. Even in Vietnam they had "lifers" who never did any fighting. You comment is crap and you know it. The poor and nameless do most of the fighting in war.

And "plenty of "brass"" have had their career prospects limited because they have never commanded an Infantry Battalion, Hammer.   One only has to look at the list of appointments to above Lieutenant-General to see that.   It reads like an old-boys book of the infantry school at Singleton.   "Brass" means different things to different peoples and it's obvious you've never served, let alone met, I suspect, a member of the military hierarchy.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
So what if I haven't served. Plenty of my family have and I know a load about history. Considering that our men fought mostly under career rich snots during ww1 and ww2 I'm pretty sure I'm right. Ever been shot at Brian?

Try to avoid being a dick about someone else's service.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:16pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:09pm:

Brian is trying to tell me I have no idea about Australian military history because I didn't serve. I'm only young. Hardly anybody in my generation has been in combat. I want to know if Brian has.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:35pm

Isn't that potentially what you're doing to Karnal?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:46pm

BigOl has never seen combat but his service is still appreciated.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:51pm

I reckon 'workers' for the department of defence are just, plain old public servants.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:56pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:16pm:

Brian is trying to tell me I have no idea about Australian military history because I didn't serve. I'm only young. Hardly anybody in my generation has been in combat. I want to know if Brian has.

Nope.  Did 10 years between 1977 and 1988, when we were all engaged in "continental defence".  I spent my years making sure that no one landed on our beaches uninvited.   Roll Eyes

Oh, and you have no idea about, well it seems, basically anything Hammer.   You're a fool and a troll and it shows.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:59pm

Do career reservists march alongside the 'real' vets on Anzac Day?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

Nope.  Did 10 years between 1977 and 1988, when we were all engaged in "continental defence".  I spent my years making sure that no one landed on our beaches uninvited.   Roll Eyes

Oh, and you have no idea about, well it seems, basically anything Hammer.   You're a fool and a troll and it shows.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes
My grandfather fought in new guinea and he never talked about it. You talk about your service and you never went into combat. I find that strange.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:01pm

You haven't served?  Nothing wrong with that, Hammer.  However, you act as if you had.  As for your historical knowledge, my autistic son knows more history than you appear to.

Oh, and Australian Army officers during WWI and WWII and afterwards are representative of the broad sweep of Australian society.   Duntroon, Point Cook, Jervis Bay were and ADFA now, are selective about who can become an officer on the basis of their previous service, their academic achievements and their ability.  No one has a pre-earned slot.  Very few officers are "career rich snots,"...   Something you'd know if you actually had ever spoken to an officer of the ADF.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:05pm

You had a job in the army. Does that make your contribution any more valid than a customs officer?

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:07pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:59pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

My grandfather fought in new guinea and he never talked about it. You talk about your service and you never went into combat. I find that strange.

Your grandfather may well have seen things he didn't want to talk about, unless of course he was one of your hated, "Brass", "Logistics personnel", "career reservists", etc.?   Roll Eyes

Me?  I have nothing to hide about my service, Hammer.  I have always admitted that I served from 1977 to 1988.   I was a member of the RAAOC (Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps).   I served as a Rifleman, a Storeman (Tech), a Clerk (Tech) and as a Storeman (General).   I operated forklifts, mobile shower units, and used L1a1 rifles, L2a1 Automatic Rifles,  L4a4 Bren Guns, M60 GPMGs, M16 rifles F88 Steyrs, Minimis and L7 GPMGs.  I drove trucks, Landrovers.   I was what was known initially as a "crunchie" and later as a "cockroach".   You got a problem with any of that?  I don't.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:01pm:

You haven't served?  Nothing wrong with that, Hammer.  However, you act as if you had.  As for your historical knowledge, my autistic son knows more history than you appear to.

Oh, and Australian Army officers during WWI and WWII and afterwards are representative of the broad sweep of Australian society.   Duntroon, Point Cook, Jervis Bay were and ADFA now, are selective about who can become an officer on the basis of their previous service, their academic achievements and their ability.  No one has a pre-earned slot.  Very few officers are "career rich snots,"...   Something you'd know if you actually had ever spoken to an officer of the ADF.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
This is the thing you fail to understand Brian. During ww1 for almost the entire war the Australian army were governed by British officers who were born into their positions via an entrenched class system. The brass are the high-ups. The ones with brass all over their uniforms. You seem to be mixed up with who the brass are. They are the old guys who smoke cigars and look at maps. For the first few years of ww2 our troops were governed by the same people in the middle east and Malayia. Your autistic son obviously knows more than you.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:46pm:
BigOl has never seen combat but his service is still appreciated.

And BigOl is a disgrace:

http://ozpolitic.com/polanimal/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14548&p=206173#p206173

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:05pm:
You had a job in the army. Does that make your contribution any more valid than a customs officer?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Needling me now, Hammer?  Tsk, tsk, and so I am proved correct that you're troll.

I had a job where I wore a jungle green and then later a camouflage uniform.  I trained to kill people.  I handled firearms which most gun nuts dream about.  I also learnt to be responsible and disciplined.   What do you do for a living?

Run along back under your bridge, boy.  I hear some goats coming.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print