Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Domestic Violence-New Slant (Read 2124 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Domestic Violence-New Slant
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm

Wolseley wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:40pm:
cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:44pm:
Wolseley wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:34pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:18pm:
Of course the morally bankrupt leftists will never discuss Aboriginal domestic violence or the fact Aborigines have a 5 time higher homicide offending rate this would be a taboo topic for them.

Really?  Then how come this ALP webpage states that "an Indigenous woman [is] 34 times more likely to be hospitalised as a result of family violence":

http://www.alp.org.au/empoweringindigenousgirls

this country has been trying for many years to get aboriginals   not just girls..educated....

do you seriously think WORDS will do it this time???

I was responding to a rather stupid post in which someone said that the left will never discuss Aboriginal domestic violence.  I was not commenting on the likely effectiveness of Labor's plan.

oh I see... so thats a NO then.. lol

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 12:11am

cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm:
Of course the morally bankrupt leftists will never discuss Aboriginal domestic violence or the fact Aborigines have a 5 time higher homicide offending rate this would be a taboo topic for them.

Really?  Then how come this ALP webpage states that "an Indigenous woman [is] 34 times more likely to be hospitalised as a result of family violence":

this country has been trying for many years to get aboriginals   not just girls..educated....

I was responding to a rather stupid post in which someone said that the left will never discuss Aboriginal domestic violence.  I was not commenting on the likely effectiveness of Labor's plan.

Actually it was a "no comment" rather than a "no".  I think there is some merit in the proposal, but I don't think it is likely to be anywhere near as effective as Labor are trying to make out it will be.  Anything that might help reduce domestic violence is worth trying surely though?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:08am

cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:12pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:52pm:
There is no link, cods.  As ought be obvious.....this is a hypothetical.

crap it is...what has she don e to you    unlike the morecombs her son wasnt missing for 8 years he was murdered in front of her...by his father....

so come on what has she done to you...

or is this just to draw attention to yourself

The father had a known psychiatric condition - something nowhere evident in most cases.  For the answers to FV you need to look elsewhere and in a different way to the current approach.

I'd like to see some of the arguments Rose Batty has had.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:13am

The 'left' (and that does not mean Labor) will not discuss Aboriginal and certain ethnic group's massive predominance in GENUINE Family Violence for both reasons of ideology and self-interest.

The ideology says you can't 'discriminate' by pointing out the facts of predominance; the self-interest is that being able to smugly claim that all men are like that fits into the 'left's' self-interest in bringing down the purported control over society of men, and is thus something that is a valorous deed for a 'revolutionary' and a means of handing to themselves control over society.

That they use the suffering of families in this way is an abomination.   

Of course, the 'right' also use the same things - for the same reasons - it is a road to power.

If you doubt me, look at the control over society that has come about through the promotion of 'women's rights', and look for one moment at the results to date.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:13am

Well, maybe Rose Batty could have considered the history of domestic violence she endured and the Restraining Order the Court had issued against her husband before she allowed her young son to go anywhere near his psychopath of father. I see this woman as taking full advantage of the tragic circumstances which resulted in the loss of her son, therefore I really find little credence in her sincerity/genuineness on this subject, but she certainly seems to make a quid or two from the loss of that poor little boy.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:18am

Wolseley wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 12:11am:
cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm:

Actually it was a "no comment" rather than a "no".  I think there is some merit in the proposal, but I don't think it is likely to be anywhere near as effective as Labor are trying to make out it will be.  Anything that might help reduce domestic violence is worth trying surely though?

where did I say it wasnt??... its just that making it a political football doesnt do it for me...

the DV issues are so alcohol related it isnt even funny....

my ideas wolseley are god helps those who help themselves..

and until our chums meet govt halfway nothing will ever change.... its just  my opinion....

it isnt easy nothing worthwhile ever is  and it wont change overnight...but they have to show some signs of WANTING IT TO CHANGE.....not sitting back just complaining   its the govts fault..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:04pm:
Should Rose Batty have used her own personal experience to campaign against domestic violence?

She did. 

Does anyone here disbelieve her because she spoke openly about what happened to her in 'arguments' about domestic violence, including even those arguments of a 'petty' kind?

Did Rose Batty randomly accuse people of supporting rape when she didn't get her way?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:47pm

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
Should Rose Batty have used her own personal experience to campaign against domestic violence?

She did. 

Does anyone here disbelieve her because she spoke openly about what happened to her in 'arguments' about domestic violence, including even those arguments of a 'petty' kind?

Did Rose Batty randomly accuse people of supporting rape when she didn't get her way?

I have no idea, do you Effendi?

But that's not what we are talking about, is it, Effendi.

Have you noticed that someone has not posted in her usual pattern?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:49pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:47pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm:

She did. 

I have no idea, do you Effendi?

But that's not what we are talking about, is it, Effendi.

Have you noticed that someone has not posted for some days?

Many people have not posted for some days.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:49pm

Please note my correction...edit.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:58pm

Quote:

Let me check my detailed pattern notes and see what has changed.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:00pm

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Quote:

Why?  Don't you know your audience/Membership like...................um..........I do?

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #27 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:17pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:00pm:
Quote:

Why?  Don't you know your audience/Membership like...................um..........I do?

Like the one YOU took over?

littleozzybloke.com Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:26pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:00pm:
Quote:

I'm sure you keep much closer tabs than I do Aussie.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:29pm

You'd be right, Effendi.  I read the Forum.  Does not take much you know.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print