Send Topic Print
how many pay net tax? (Read 1393 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: how many pay net tax?
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:16am

Dole bludgers pay net tax every time they re-string the tennis court in their backyards or get new fishing gear for their 'holiday' ....  silly...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:21am

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:24pm:
Do you mean "income tax" when referring to "net tax"? If so, I pay if I earn enough. But I think you mean some other net tax.

The whole 'net tax' argument is spurious - people are supposed to pay the amount of taxes they do based on what they earn as income and how much discretionary spending they have as a result.   Income tax is layered to ensure that many don't starve and turn to crime to get by.  People who are living off the fat of the land should have no complaints about doing their civic duty and paying taxes - they get more from society in return every day, and the taxes they do pay are certainly far less of an impact on them than on the majority.

Politics of envy writ large - ooooh, somebody might be getting something I'm not, even though they need it and I don't, and if they didn't get it they might take it from me instead.

Many confuse income tax with tax.... it's a facile way of trying to take the high ground, and it doesn't work, as clearly shown by the fact that both parties here stick to the current system of layered levels of taxation based on income and discretionary spending power.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:53am

i pay a fortune in tax but i made the conscious decision years ago to not get upset about it at all.

if you get upset then 3 things happen

1  you start becoming a victim (yuk)
2  you start to see yourself as living in some sort of scarcity (yuk)
3 you develop "negative thought loops" and will start to become addicted to the emotion of "unhappiness".

so i just tricked my brain, said to myself that i must be a massive winner in life to have such abundance that i can contribute so much and just got on with it.

and what i found, is once you flip it from resistance to contribution, your life just gets a whole lot better.

add to this the fact that when you are happy and contributory ,your businesses just run so much better , you make more money anyway.

one of the paradoxes of life.

if you are a toxic little worm of a taker , you will always attract scarcity and you need to "give" before you can 'recieve".

this is why i am so passionate about work for the dole and mutual responsibility and the peril of ever being a taker.

once you start taking you go down.
you never ever want to put yourself in a position where you take when you are still able to contribute.
it is a poisoned chalice.
do NOT drink from it

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:31am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:21am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:24pm:
Do you mean "income tax" when referring to "net tax"? If so, I pay if I earn enough. But I think you mean some other net tax.

The whole 'net tax' argument is spurious - people are supposed to pay the amount of taxes they do based on what they earn as income and how much discretionary spending they have as a result.   Income tax is layered to ensure that many don't starve and turn to crime to get by.  People who are living off the fat of the land should have no complaints about doing their civic duty and paying taxes - they get more from society in return every day, and the taxes they do pay are certainly far less of an impact on them than on the majority.

Politics of envy writ large - ooooh, somebody might be getting something I'm not, even though they need it and I don't, and if they didn't get it they might take it from me instead.

Many confuse income tax with tax.... it's a facile way of trying to take the high ground, and it doesn't work, as clearly shown by the fact that both parties here stick to the current system of layered levels of taxation based on income and discretionary spending power.

WEll summed up!

aquascoot wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:53am:
so i just tricked my brain

Derrr!  Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:48am

Bobby. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:45pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:30pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:27pm:
According to Senator David Leyonhjelm (facebook, but the link doesn't work any more, also on the Australian but paywalled), 60% of households pay no net tax.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/treasury/36m-households-pay-no-net-tax-after-churn/news-story/4cee19a028067cfc4abe8548829f3dfe

There are 3.6 million households that are net beneficiaries of the tax and transfer system out of 8.8 million

Yes it's true, 60% of all households get more in government benefits than they pay in tax.

Making people pay taxes then giving it back to them in benefits keeps public servants employed who are on higher pay with greater perks than politicians it's an incredible waste of taxpayers money.

yes... and hence the OP...

we are a nation of bludgers..

How come I get 3/5ths of 5/8ths of FA?

you are like me and scoot bobby...

we're paying for the loafers...

I don't mind paying my way... but it ticks me off paying for others...

but it'll all come crashing down one day as we get further and further into debt...

and its Australias own fault when they vote for the politician who promise to rob from you to give to them...

like paying for their child care..

like paying for their childrens school books and computers etc..

etc etc etc ...

paying for immigrants...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:00am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:48am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:45pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:30pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:27pm:
According to Senator David Leyonhjelm (facebook, but the link doesn't work any more, also on the Australian but paywalled), 60% of households pay no net tax.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/treasury/36m-households-pay-no-net-tax-after-churn/news-story/4cee19a028067cfc4abe8548829f3dfe

There are 3.6 million households that are net beneficiaries of the tax and transfer system out of 8.8 million

Yes it's true, 60% of all households get more in government benefits than they pay in tax.

Making people pay taxes then giving it back to them in benefits keeps public servants employed who are on higher pay with greater perks than politicians it's an incredible waste of taxpayers money.

yes... and hence the OP...

we are a nation of bludgers..

How come I get 3/5ths of 5/8ths of FA?

you are like me and scoot bobby...

we're paying for the loafers...

I don't mind paying my way... but it ticks me off paying for others...

but it'll all come crashing down one day as we get further and further into debt...

and its Australias own fault when they vote for the politician who promise to rob from you to give to them...

like paying for their child care..

like paying for their childrens school books and computers etc..

etc etc etc ...

paying for immigrants...

the way to look at this mechanic is that, by accepting the freebies from the government, these people are being poisoned.

they will very quickly fall into a frame of expecting to be able to leech and to take and this "mental state" then overflows into their attitude at work, their attitude with friends, their attitude with their partner.

if they become 'takers" from the government, they will try to be 'takers" with their partner.with their employer.

basicly they are screwing themselves.

you NEVER EVER want the free meal.

i drummed this into my duaghters who are very very successful thanks to their acceptance of this ideology.

once you start 'taking" free meals, once you start getting guys to pay for you, it just becomes too easy to cruise.

once you start cruising, you get addicted to cruising and now you are f**ked. 

I understand totally why people want to follow the "path of least resistance".

but you seriously have to ask yourself where that path leads. and it leads to mediocrity and a life of just trying to "pleasure yourself".  and that, my friend , is why "laziness leads to craziness" . because you will go insane if you dont develop resilience

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print