Send Topic Print
The joys of aging (Read 8954 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: The joys of aging
Reply #15 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:46pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:06am:
I can't wait till I retire and get it all over and done with.
Tongue

Don't be anxious to get to the finish line, it arrives all too quickly.

Feels like an eternity to get there at the moment.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #16 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 1:10pm

morning.jpg (22 KB | 44 )
morning.jpg

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 1:14pm

Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 1:44pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:15pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 12:26am:
You know time is catching up with you when the main subject of conversation with your neighbours, rellies, and friends revolves around stiff joints, knee & hip replacements, heart valve replacements, arthritis, and all the rest of it.

Not for me Herb. I had my annual suite of blood tests reviewed yesterday and the doc was amazed at my all over better than average for age results.
"You're a remarkably fit person Mr . ., nothing to do here"

As always touch wood.

In that case you should be into Ancestor Worship for having given you a good set of genes.

Next time you're in Sydney go down to Chinatown ... whoooaa! What am I saying? Sydney is 'Chinatown' ~ all of it.

Get off at Central Station and catch a rickshaw at the rank to Dixon Street in the Haymarket and buy yourself a shrine to take home with you for setting up in a corner of your lounge.

Candles ... lots of scarlet and gold enamel work ... little bells ... fat buddha ... etc etc. Ancestor worship.

Central Station 2017

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 1:52pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:06am:
I can't wait till I retire and get it all over and done with.
Tongue

Don't be anxious to get to the finish line, it arrives all too quickly.

That is the #1 secret that all of us 'elderly' retirees discover when suddenly we realise we are 'old'.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 2:53pm

Sydney   ...now Shang-hai

Colonisation has never been so easy for the Yellow people.
Just build a city(zen) and they'll move in.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:26pm

Demographically Sydney is fast becoming divided up between the South East Asians and Indians.

(In my case) you wait at the bus stop with Indians for the bus to arrive. The bus driver is Indian. You enter the front entrance of this large hospital ... you KNOW you've somehow fallen asleep and you are now in a large hospital in downtown Mumbai ... Everybody, but absolutely EVERYBODY working there is Indian, with a peppering of Chinese faces ...

Later, you catch the bus home, and yes, the driver is another Indian with a wobbly head like a bad case of Parkinson's.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #22 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:49am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Demographically Sydney is fast becoming divided up between the South East Asians and Indians.

(In my case) you wait at the bus stop with Indians for the bus to arrive. The bus driver is Indian. You enter the front entrance of this large hospital ... you KNOW you've somehow fallen asleep and you are now in a large hospital in downtown Mumbai ... Everybody, but absolutely EVERYBODY working there is Indian, with a peppering of Chinese faces ...

Later, you catch the bus home, and yes, the driver is another Indian with a wobbly head like a bad case of Parkinson's.

I went to Brisbane in 2008 and perhaps again in 2012 for a couple different weddings. We stayed in the city at the motel for a couple days. Just going for a walk, I managed to see about 20% Asian faces (and a few non-Asian) mingled in with the 80% caucasian. Being a Rockhampton bloke, it is very unusual to see anything more than 5% aboriginal or asian. The Bangladeshi seem to make up a community of foreigners here. But their numbers are so small that we can honestly play "spot the Asian". But not really.

My next door neighbours consist of an Asian-Australian lady (Philippino ancestry, perhaps), her husband (white), and their two biracial daughters (both of whom appear to look white enough not to look asian, but asian enough not to look white). All of them born in Australia and have more cultural connection than I, as a white guy, do.

I worked with a blend of South Korean, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Thai, and a few Africans in my workplace. They are all good people. Some of these overseas born co-workers have been in Australia so long that they have lost their foreign accents. Perhaps they don't count as foreign anymore?

And I don't really see the relevance of this topic to the topic about ageing. When I reach 70 years of age, it is supposed that Australia will be 66% caucasian, with the remainder of other ethnicities. It won't be some kind of racial hell hole we see overseas.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:27am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:49am:
And I don't really see the relevance of this topic to the topic about ageing. When I reach 70 years of age, it is supposed that Australia will be 66% caucasian, with the remainder of other ethnicities. It won't be some kind of racial hell hole we see overseas.

Sydney is undergoing a huge demographic change of the kind that has left London with more 'coloured' folk than there are white Britons, and then a little runt of a fellow whose religious and cultural loyalties belong to Pakistan.

It's probably just me, but I have this odd thing about your homeland should be mainly populated by people who resemble you in racial type and cultural background.

I know it's 'mean-spirited' of me, but I would rather our immigration program had concentrated 95% on bringing people out here over the past 40 years who were racially, religiously, and culturally compatible with marrying into our own sons and daughters ~ not people who for racial and religious reasons have been marrying 'into their own kind' and forming Ethnic Colonies in our suburbs.

Just the other day I was walking past a Paramatta Bus Depot and, well ...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:49am

What genuinely pisses me off is that there are sooooo many jobs in the Public Services here in Sydney that include staffing positions in our hospitals, hotels, transport ~ you name it ~ that could easily have been filled by our own indigenous folk instead of the Indian men and women who now occupy these jobs by the hundreds and thousands in just Sydney alone.

It's a HUGE failure of Duty of Care by our successive governments that they chose to 'warehouse' our indigenous folk while allowing Indians to come pouring into the country year after year to take up hundreds if not thousands of job vacancies.

Exactly the same betrayal was allowed to happen in the US.

2.3 million African-Americans are warehoused in US jails because successive administrations have allowed foreigners from south of the border to come pouring in to occupy all the jobs that the African-Americans were entitled to.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:14am

It does have something to do with Aging.
White Australia is basically - getting 'old'.
A very large part of Australia's society is 'Aged'.
Basically - not enough white kids being born here.
Most are in the Rural / Coastal fringes - but that's it.

Even at holiday time - we now see an influx of non-white holidayers coming down from the big city. Also an increase of non-white people buying holiday homes and starting to live here.

Sydney runs this country and this country will end up like Sydney.

White Australia is OLD.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:37am

Jasin wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:14am:
It does have something to do with Aging.
White Australia is basically - getting 'old'.
A very large part of Australia's society is 'Aged'.
Basically - not enough white kids being born here.
Most are in the Rural / Coastal fringes - but that's it.

Even at holiday time - we now see an influx of non-white holidayers coming down from the big city. Also an increase of non-white people buying holiday homes and starting to live here.

Sydney runs this country and this country will end up like Sydney.

White Australia is OLD.

White Australia has been undergoing designer-eradication through the careful selection of immigration sources and annual quotas .. with our pollies slavishly following directives from the UN.

Somewhere in the middle of the next century there will be a small notice in Sydney's New Mumbai Times that a 98 year old 'Trudy Ganini' sucked her last breath as Australia's last surviving White Australian.

Jubilant crowds thronged to celebrate in New Mumbai's (Sydney's) parks.

« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:44am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:11am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:27am:
It's probably just me, but I have this odd thing about your homeland should be mainly populated by people who resemble you in racial type and cultural background.

I know it's 'mean-spirited' of me, but I would rather our immigration program had concentrated 95% on bringing people out here over the past 40 years who were racially, religiously, and culturally compatible with marrying into our own sons and daughters ~ not people who for racial and religious reasons have been marrying 'into their own kind' and forming Ethnic Colonies in our suburbs.

Yes, hardee-har-har, Herbert. But where do you begin? Do you have a crystal ball to tell you who would be an ideal candidate for that remainder 5% who are not mainly caucasian, atheist, post-modern egalitarians? Even if we do concentrate on getting the best and brightest for the 5%, we might be missing out on some good citizens.

Perhaps you mean the major cities need those migrants to be 95% white, atheist post-modernists, so that the cities can remain looking at western as those regional and rural towns that run between 90 and 100% caucasian?

As far as I can tell, if Australia could get away with having that sort of policy, we would still have that policy. The White Australia policy ended, not because Australia needed to fill the country with non-white people, but because we did not have a great deal of choice. British women started closing their legs, and adopting contraceptives that have lead to birth rates falling below replacement levels. So too for much of Europe. We are not going to get large numbers of Europeans migrating to Australia.

We also have the problem of trade. No one will trade with us if we had an immigration policy that resembled most of the white Australia policy. Decolonised countries around the world, as dependent as they are on European structures to survive, would probably be pointing the finger in our direction to point out how racially insensitive we are towards black people, blah, blah, blah. The United Nation is not a pro-white organisation. They would not hesitate to impose sanctions on Australia until we had a non-discriminatory policy. And there would be no doubt we would have to deal with the negative publicity. No Sydney Olympics, etc. Boycotts. Another South Africa situation -- except the issue being racially discriminatory immigration, rather than apartheid.

Like I said earlier, I am going to grow old into an Australian society that will be 70% or less caucasian. I doubt it will be less than 60% caucasian by the time I die. And I can't see a problem having to live my retirement with a multicultural, technologically interdependent society keeping me safe.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:08am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:11am:
Yes, hardee-har-har, Herbert. But where do you begin? Do you have a crystal ball to tell you who would be an ideal candidate for that remainder 5% who are not mainly caucasian, atheist, post-modern egalitarians?

You've lost me. What 5%? It's just a personal preference of mine that mainly white Caucasian homelands of historic background should remain over-whelmingly white Caucasian so as to identify as the homeland of its indigenous locals. I say this of white countries, black countries, and Asian countries.

It's patently ridiculous that a tourist arriving in Britain for a holiday sees little more than Indian staff, hijabs and turbans upon walking into the Customs Hall, and then an Indian drives him into London where the majority of people are coloured just as is the Mayor who is also a Muslim. To my mind this is a huge betrayal by Britain's politicians over the years, and I've always admitted it quite openly that I wouldn't hesitate to have every last one of these contributing politicians flushed out from their hiding places to be hanged from piano-wire from butchers meat-hooks set in the ceiling. It would give me the greatest of pleasure to see these bastards swing from the neck for having conspired to drown the British people in a Babel's Tower of foreigners.

Even if we do concentrate on getting the best and brightest for the 5%, we might be missing out on some good citizens.

You're missing the point. I'm not talking about your 'generic' citizens, I'm talking about not letting Western immigration departments gradually phase out their white Christian locals as the majority demographic through the strategy of implementing decades of coloured and Muslim immigration streams - as they have certainly been doing for quite some decades now.

Perhaps you mean the major cities need those migrants to be 95% white, atheist post-modernists, so that the cities can remain looking at western as those regional and rural towns that run between 90 and 100% caucasian?

" ... atheist post-modernists" ... why the need to demean and caricaturise these whites? For balance, where's your disdainful caricaturising of the non-whites?

As far as I can tell, if Australia could get away with having that sort of policy, we would still have that policy. The White Australia policy ended, not because Australia needed to fill the country with non-white people, but because we did not have a great deal of choice. British women started closing their legs, and adopting contraceptives that have lead to birth rates falling below replacement levels. So too for much of Europe. We are not going to get large numbers of Europeans migrating to Australia.

Australia's immigration department started the trend of squeezing off the white European immigration streams upon the publishing of Brit-basher Professor Donald Horne's book 'God is an Englishman' (1969) (heavy sarcasm) - in which he urges Australia's politicians to consider Turks for immigration just as much as bringing the Brits out here.

And then Al Grassby was immigration minister from 1972 - 1974 ...  Quote: "We've got to get rid of Australia's white ghettoes". Almost single-handedly it was he who initiated and ran the 'ethnic immigration' program for no other reason than out of sheer spite with himself identifying as a 'wog'. It had nothing to do with economic imperatives. 

We also have the problem of trade. No one will trade with us if we had an immigration policy that resembled most of the white Australia policy.

Not this old furphy.

Both Japan and China have grown rich through trade since the war years despite Japan's racist immigration policies and China's anti-human rights records and communist dictatorship under which firing squads are a growth industry.

If you've got something to sell, the world will beat a path to your door no matter what your politics or your anti-human rights violations. Saudi Arabia has US presidents bowing deeply at the waist to their royal family.

Here's Dick Smith on the subject of population growth and the lie that the economy depends upon it ...

link

Decolonised countries around the world ... would probably be pointing the finger in our direction to point out how racially insensitive we are towards black people, blah, blah, blah.

Preserving the racial type and ethnicity of your ancestral homeland is neither immoral nor a matter to feel guilty about. No one's claiming racial superiority - only demographic integrity and compatibility with the locals.

You need to stop being in such a moral panic about what 'the world would think of us' if we were to favour our Own Kind in future immigration policy.

In this way has the West's immigration policy contrived to fracture and deconstruct its own societal harmony.

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:33am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:08am

Colonisation-by-stealth .... with the locals having to bite their tongue and play host to foreign identities who clump together as Incompatibles.

link
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:36am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print