Send Topic Print
Vice President Pence (Read 1645 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Vice President Pence
Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:17pm

in Australia today..until I think Monday...a love in was the order of the day, no doubt trying to make up for the Trump fiasco...and he looks like a much more measured leader than Trump could ever be..

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/04/22/07/27/mike-pence-us-vice-president-v...

If he was waiting for a chance to pounce that would not be bad thing..

< video in link >

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Vice President Pence
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:26pm

Big on God, death on God's creation.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:35pm

Have heard that IV and if true is a shame.. and if you are interested, which I was for some reason, there is a glimpse of Kim's war head fizzing out in this link..  Wink

Much ado about nothing really."

In this pic you can see the fragments coming adrift from the rocket which happened in the second before it exploded..
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:42pm by Agnes »  

rocket1.GIF (101 KB | 21 )
rocket1.GIF

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:46pm

Pence has been called an "adult baby" because he calls his wife "Mother" ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 11:56pm

He seems half way normal AiA.. so all good here. He smiles at pp, shakes hands, doesnt have the outline of his adult diaper ballooning out of his panty line..I'm all for any semblance of normality.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 6:23am

Agnes wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:17pm:
in Australia today..until I think Monday

Why didn't the Australian government kick his sorry ass out!?

You suck, Australia

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:04am

AiA wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:46pm:

This was common before the 1960s, in English speaking countries. Once the children began to address their mother as such, the father would do also in a contraction of "your mother." In this case critics, critics of Pence are merely ignorant of linguistics.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:59am

issuevoter wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:04am:

This was common before the 1960s, in English speaking countries. Once the children began to address their mother as such, the father would do also in a contraction of "your mother." In this case critics, critics of Pence are merely ignorant of linguistics.

Do you call your wife "Mother?" Have you met anyone, ever, who did? He also refuses to eat alone with any woman other than his wife. yes, he is an "adult baby" and I suspect he enjoys dressing in a nappy and submitting to "Mother" ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:05am

AiA wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:59am:

Do you call your wife "Mother?" Have you met anyone, ever, who did? He also refuses to eat alone with any woman other than his wife. yes, he is an "adult baby" and I suspect he enjoys dressing in a nappy and submitting to "Mother" ...

I don't call my wife "Mother," but often heard it used by fathers of the WW2 generation. It did not mean "my mother," it meant "mother of the family."
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:47am by issuevoter »  

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:29pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:05am:

I don't call my wife "Mother," but often heard it used by fathers of the WW2 generation. It did not mean "my mother," it meant "mother of the family."

I  think my mum and dad did this sometimes . It is only really used in families where there are children,...Issue Voter is quite right...no weird connotations attached to it, but maybe in Pences' case there may well be- who knows.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:29pm

Well said, & 100% accurate. Here in Australia it's not often used, if ever.

In the States, from my readings, it's still used by some to this very day....It is also practiced often within Evangelical Communities, Amish Communities, & Mormon Communities.....it is a sign of respect shown by the husband....the master of the house, in the presence of his wife......the keeper of the home, when addressing the family & friends, & alone with her in a family context, an obvious way of respectfully speaking lost to the trials of time. The husband is also often respectfully addressed similarly as "Father" under similar conditions.

As a further note, Vice-President Pence also refrains from drinking any alcohol outside the presence of his wife, a practice of many Evangelicals, & within other Religious Communities. 

It seems Mike Pence is probably very religious in mind & practice.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:39pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:37pm

Panther wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:29pm:

In the States, from my readings, it's still used by some to this very day....It is also practiced often within Evangelical Communities, Amish Communities, & Mormon Communities.....it is a sign of respect shown by the husband, the master of the house, in the presence of his wife, the keeper of the home, when addressing the family & friends, & alone with her in a family context, an obvious way of respectfully speaking lost to the trials of time. The husband is also often respectfully addressed similarly as "Father" under similar conditions.

Yes it was used as a sign of respect to my mother in our family.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:45pm

Marla wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 6:23am:
Agnes wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 9:17pm:
in Australia today..until I think Monday

Why didn't the Australian government kick his sorry ass out!?

You suck, Australia

After Trumps pathetic phone call I agree...we are allies with US in spite of him and as Pence was on a diplomatic mission, much better to rise above it rather than damage relations further.

It will be a long time before Australia will be in a place to call the shots on any country...Aus. is such a young country still.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #13 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:50pm

Agnes wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:45pm:
After Trumps pathetic phone call I agree...we are allies with US in spite of him and as Pence was on a diplomatic mission, much better to rise above it rather than damage relations further.

It will be a long time before Australia will be in a place to call the shots on any country...Aus. is such a young country still.

Get out! Get out now, Australia. While you still can. 

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #14 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:56pm

Agnes wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:29pm:

In the States, from my readings, it's still used by some to this very day....It is also practiced often within Evangelical Communities, Amish Communities, & Mormon Communities.....it is a sign of respect shown by the husband....the master of the house, in the presence of his wife......the keeper of the home, when addressing the family & friends, & alone with her in a family context, an obvious way of respectfully speaking lost to the trials of time. The husband is also often respectfully addressed similarly as "Father" under similar conditions.

As a further note, Vice-President Pence also refrains from drinking any alcohol outside the presence of his wife, a practice of many Evangelicals, & within other Religious Communities. 

It seems Mike Pence is probably very religious in mind & practice.

Yes it was used as a sign of respect to my mother in our family.

It's heartening that the tradition of family value, love & respect still flourishes..... Smiley

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print