Anzac Day (Read 16106 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Anzac Day
Reply #135 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:26pm

cods wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:16pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
Interesting you take high ground here about that, yet you wallow in it elsewhere.

I agree that Karnal went too far, but there was significant provocation....assuming he is a Vietnam Vet, and I have seen nothing which suggests he is an imposter.

again   you do not have a clue what your talking about.... nothing unusual about that is there?. Angry

it was his comment regarding grandsons that sickened me., Angry Angry Angry Angry

And what, pray tell, do you think I was referring to when I said that I agree...Karnal went too far?

And do you deny you are surrounded by similar posts and poster elsewhere.  Heck, there, you even sought special permission to copy cat some of the crap and ring it here!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:28pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
cods wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 2:57pm:
Any Vietnam Vet is gonna get quite angry at being called an imposter, Cods.  It is the worst accusation (after cowardice/treason) which can be levelled at an ex ADF person.  Big Ol' knows that.

Not if he is an actual imposter it isn't.

He has been caught in his lie and now he is going to pay for all the abuse he has handed out to the actual ex-servicemen here.

Put it this way if this site handed over his details I would be reporting him to the Federal Police and ANZMI for investigation.

This clown has never served a day in his life and now he is done.

thats not the reason I reported him.. the rudeness and vulgarity in this place is getting worse by the day...but I feel this thread in particular needs a little more respect.. I am disgusted with what karnal said  it went too far by a long shot so from now on when I see this awful disgusting language I will be reporting it....

if we dont complain it will just get worse.
The hysterics from a few of the female posters is getting  out of control as well.

really!!!!! dont like dont read.

I told karmal what I was doing and didnt ask for your support..

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #137 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:28pm

Claims Karnal has made

Grew up in Dover Heights and had a white maid
Related to William Arnott and biscuit is named after her grandmother
Works in the govt dpt which collects stats on child marriage
Hands out Korans to the homeless at central station

Now he was also in the battle of Long Tan?

IBI

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:29pm

cods wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:28pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
cods wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Any Vietnam Vet is gonna get quite angry at being called an imposter, Cods.  It is the worst accusation (after cowardice/treason) which can be levelled at an ex ADF person.  Big Ol' knows that.

Not if he is an actual imposter it isn't.

He has been caught in his lie and now he is going to pay for all the abuse he has handed out to the actual ex-servicemen here.

Put it this way if this site handed over his details I would be reporting him to the Federal Police and ANZMI for investigation.

This clown has never served a day in his life and now he is done.

thats not the reason I reported him.. the rudeness and vulgarity in this place is getting worse by the day...but I feel this thread in particular needs a little more respect.. I am disgusted with what karnal said  it went too far by a long shot so from now on when I see this awful disgusting language I will be reporting it....

if we dont complain it will just get worse.
The hysterics from a few of the female posters is getting  out of control as well.

really!!!!! dont like dont read.

I told karmal what I was doing and didnt ask for your support..
case closed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:35pm

Normie Rowe sure didn't like it; must have affected his album sales.
Wink

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #140 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:39pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:35pm:

Wink

I can't recall that.  I know there was some controversy about his marble dropping him into conscription.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:45pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:28pm:
Claims Karnal has made

Grew up in Dover Heights and had a white maid
Related to William Arnott and biscuit is named after her grandmother
Works in the govt dpt which collects stats on child marriage
Hands out Korans to the homeless at central station

Now he was also in the battle of Long Tan?

I dont have a problem with that.. this is fantasy land and what harm does it do..its sad but harmless....being obscene is something else again. Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:46pm

Wink

he was one of the vets that had pigs blood thrown on him when they returned....it was pretty disgraceful the way Vietnam war vets were welcomed back...just a blot on our copybook I guess... lets hope we never sink to that level again.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:02pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:39pm:

Wink

I can't recall that.  I know there was some controversy about his marble dropping him into conscription.

Yeas, here it is.  Holt manipulated it.  Pathetic arsehole.

Link.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #144 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:05pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
Interesting you take high ground here about that, yet you wallow in it elsewhere.

I agree that Karnal went too far, but there was significant provocation....assuming he is a Vietnam Vet, and I have seen nothing which suggests he is an imposter.

It is a lot easier for ex-servicemen  to spot the imposter, by their mannerisms and behaviours than it is for a civilian.

His big problem was claiming that he was a lot younger than myself and also claiming he fought in Viet Nam, I like a lot of people have my year of birth as part of my nick, I have also confirmed my service was during the 80s & 90, not the 50s & 60s.

So, how does he serve in Viet Nam and manages to be younger than a person who was 8 years old when that war ended?

He fkken doesn't.  Angry Angry

All of these lying pricks get caught out sooner or later.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #145 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:08pm

Normie Rowe might have been a good fighter in Vietnam but Ron (Won) Casey managed to show him up in a bit of a punch up on TV

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #146 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:26pm

cods wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 3:46pm:

Wink

he was one of the vets that had pigs blood thrown on him when they returned....

Really?  You have evidence to support that assertion, Cods?   Normie Rowe as far as I am aware has never mentioned that.  He was treated like most Nashos - when he returned from Vietnam he was out on the streets in civvie clothes within 24 hours.   Only when a unit was embarking for it's tour of South Vietnam was there any parade to honour the event.   No way, was Rowe in a parade when they returned.

Quote:
it was pretty disgraceful the way Vietnam war vets were welcomed back...just a blot on our copybook I guess... lets hope we never sink to that level again.

I agree.   We also need to tell the truth, Cods, not myths about what happened and why it happened.  Our troops performed well, our politicians did not.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #147 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:36pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:02pm:

Wink

Link.

Something about the dates on that don't gell, Aussie.

Rowe was born in 1947.
He was called up, at age 21, in 1968.   That is after Holt was dead in 1967.
Rowe served 1968-69 (one year training, one year in Vietnam followed by three years CMF).

Apart from the age problem - Conscription was only for 20 year olds - Holt was long gone before Rowe was called up.

Someone manipulated it, I don't think Holt can take the blame though.  I doubt Holt cared if Rowe served or not.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #148 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:50pm

What Harold Holt can take the blame for, is being so unworldly as to suggest he wanted to go "All the way with LBJ." We youngsters at the time knew exactly what that meant in the USA, and how there would be some sniggering in the White House. But the Liberal-C*unt-ry Party had their minds permanently bogged in 1930s. They had all the style of George Wallace of Alabama. Although I was technically eligible, I made damn sure I wasn't getting my arse shot off for those c==ts.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #149 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:02pm:

Wink

Link.

Something about the dates on that don't gell, Aussie.

Rowe was born in 1947.
He was called up, at age 21, in 1968.   That is after Holt was dead in 1967.
Rowe served 1968-69 (one year training, one year in Vietnam followed by three years CMF).

Apart from the age problem - Conscription was only for 20 year olds - Holt was long gone before Rowe was called up.

Someone manipulated it, I don't think Holt can take the blame though.  I doubt Holt cared if Rowe served or not.

Pretty well covered on the face of it!

Tsk Tsk!  Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Send Topic Print