Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:10am

IMAGE....

IMAGE....

Yassmin Abdel-Magied - [said] Islam is
"THE most feminist religion"

"Me praying 5 times a day is Sharia"

- Yassmin Abdel-Magied

< ---------

And that is how moslems        use a particular form of words,        to obfuscate, inveigle and deceive,       those naive people, who know nothing about what ISLAM really teaches and requires.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1488023606/0#0

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1487842827/0#0

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Australian Values
Reply #16 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:10am

And thread ruined.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #17 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:31am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:10am:
And thread ruined.

LOL

I've have seen 'Aussie' moslems       FALSELY     claim that ISLAM and Sharia law promote      Australian      values !!

That, is because moslems are ALL, filthy, lying, deceitful,      moslems.

A moslem, is 'a man for all seasons'.

He is a lying piece of filth, imo.

The moslem,        is an 'unclean' person,       he is an unholy person.

e.g.
Quote:

Australia a Muslim nation
October 08, 2006

AUSTRALIA is a Muslim nation, the head of Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim advisory board says.

Dr Ameer Ali says most Australians practise Muslim values but the Muslim community is being alienated and disadvantaged by Islamophobia.
Dr Ali said multiculturalism was Australia's destiny but Muslims, as latecomers, were being disadvantaged.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20545617-1702,00.html

the link is old, but the article is kosher

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:36pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:33am:
cods wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:21am:
oh god   do we need threads like this??? Sad Sad Sad

One might ask the same question about some of your threads.

ok smartares   give us a link..

if you can find one as bad as this......you will be the first one I apologise too..

in the mean time.. put your link where your mouth is.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:40pm

Forget "Australian", values, what they mean to say, but are afraid to insult silly religious folk, is CIVILISED values.

In a modern, civilised, democratic society we promote shared values of equality, compassion, and decency.
All the demands that we respect the cultural choices of each new wave of migrants weakens our own cultural identity. It is about time that we stopped equivocating that all choices are valid in the context of a persons cultural heritage, they most certainly are not.
It is time to stand up and proudly demand that all who come to seek to make Australia their home, also accept and adopt our cultural values. Leave "cow" dowries in Africa, let young people marry for love, and not for how much the groom is willing to pay the brides family. Just one of the milder cultural practices that migrant groups should jettison when they choose  to live here. Ugly attitudes that are part of such behaviour that reduces women and children to the status of property, should have no place in modern "Australian" values.
The list of similar behaviours is long, and they all need to be examined, and any that do not meet our standards of protecting the freedoms of individuals, should be shunned.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:47pm

cods wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:36pm:

if you can find one as bad as this......you will be the first one I apologise too..

2 short planks  Roll Eyes ... it had nothing to do with this thread specifically ......

and if you think those photos are "bad" then obviously you can't handle the truth .... of what has happened to those women therein.

The thread isn't bad ... you just can't handle the reality of it.

And if it appalled you so much why didn't you just move on?

So .... do we need threads like yours?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:50pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:40pm:
Forget "Australian", values, what they mean to say, but are afraid to insult silly religious folk, is CIVILISED values.

In a modern, civilised, democratic society we promote shared values of equality, compassion, and decency.
All the demands that we respect the cultural choices of each new wave of migrants weakens our own cultural identity. It is about time that we stopped equivocating that all choices are valid in the context of a persons cultural heritage, they most certainly are not.
It is time to stand up and proudly demand that all who come to seek to make Australia their home, also accept and adopt our cultural values. Leave "cow" dowries in Africa, let young people marry for love, and not for how much the groom is willing to pay the brides family. Just one of the milder cultural practices that migrant groups should jettison when they choose  to live here. Ugly attitudes that are part of such behaviour that reduces women and children to the status of property, should have no place in modern "Australian" values.
The list of similar behaviours is long, and they all need to be examined, and any that do not meet our standards of protecting the freedoms of individuals, should be shunned. 

Smiley Smiley

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:51pm

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:53pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:47pm:

2 short planks  Roll Eyes ... it had nothing to do with this thread specifically ......

and if you think those photos are "bad" then obviously you can't handle the truth .... of what has happened to those women therein.

Just an opportunity for her to whinge.......again......and again ...ad infinitum....

Oh, almost forgot the indignant little faces...... Angry

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:54pm

so where is the thread I have posted you consider appalling???>. Angry Grin Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

not asking for your opinion..

just post up my appalling threads will do it....

these pictures are horrible and have not a thing to do with australian values.... not a thing..

and for anyone that thinks they do..

well pack your bags and leave.. thats all I can say..

I think its disgusting to even suggest such a thing....

what goes on in other countries is not something we want here and as far as I know we would fight to the death of it ever happening.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:56pm

Fuzzball wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:53pm:

Just an opportunity for her to whinge.......again......and again ...ad infinitum....

Oh, almost forgot the indignant little faces...... Angry

you would b e the last person one would use in the same breath as "Australian Values"..

you remind me of those pictures..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #26 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 4:06pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:30am:
I have to admit I do agree with Mechanic in some way.

WTF are Australian values, its as meaningless a statement as "real Australians"

I can imagine jingoism being outlawed within 20 years. Then nationalism will go next. The idea of an own identity is on the way out. I might live long enough to see it, unfortunately.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:00pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:30am:
I have to admit I do agree with Mechanic in some way.

WTF are Australian values, its as meaningless a statement as "real Australians"

Not even Turnbull could answer that. Watch him squirm when he was asked that very question.

He must know its a complete crock. The only relevant issue with new citizens should be their willingness to abide by the rule of law. Our laws cover our values, therefore willingness to abide by them is all that is needed.  And thats already covered in the current citizenship test.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:05pm

Australian values are Western values. They are diametrically opposed to Islamic values. For example: Women are not expected to observe social mores from previous centuries. Western values evolve, Islamic values are fixed, if not retrograde. The two sets of values are incompatible, even where Western values are observed in the form of law, Islamic values are intended to subvert host values.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:07pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:05pm:
Australian values are Western values. They are diametrically opposed to Islamic values. For example: Women are not expected to observe social mores from previous centuries. Western values evolve, Islamic values are fixed, if not retrograde. The two sets of values are incompatible, even where Western values are observed in the form of law, Islamic values are intended to subvert host values.

And yet most Muslims integrate perfectly well and are model citizens.

Go figure.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print