Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print
The Don Dale spithood kid (Read 9983 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Don Dale spithood kid
Reply #60 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:49pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:42pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:27pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:25pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:23pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:16pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:09pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:08pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:02pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:58pm:
Now you imagine this- everyday you go to work , getting verbally and physically abused day in day out. Spat at, punched, kicked, have s hit thrown at you, called a pig C Year after year. You don't know how that would feel. You need to think about it more. How would you react to that??

if you can't handle it find another job.

The verbal abuse should just go straight over their head , but they're allowed and required to take action to prevent physical assault.

Being spat on is assault.
Go spit on the next cop you see and tell us what happens.

He said he had a good rapport with many of the young detainees because he took the time to get to know them, and as a result he was never spat on or attacked.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-28/calls-for-change-at-don-dale-were-ignored-...

Could it be this particular child was an exceptionally violent and problematic individual?

Dylan Voller a difficult child who assaulted students before Don Dale jailing, commission told

As a primary school student, Dylan Voller broke windows, defecated in a classroom, assaulted other students, spat on a teacher and tied socks around his neck, threatening self-harm, the NT Royal Commission into Youth Detention has heard.

A portrait was painted of a child with serious behavioural difficulties

Several years later, after Mr Voller was suspended for punching another student in the head the day after he returned from a three-day suspension for assaulting three other students in the playground, his school in Alice Springs decided it could no longer keep teaching him because of safety concerns for other students and staff.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-20/dylan-voller-a-very-difficult-student-nt-r...

I'll go with what the guard said, if it's all the same to you, Gordy. He had worked at Don Dale since 2005. It is most likely he crossed paths with Dylan Voller, wouldn't you think?

He said he was never spat on or abused because he took the time to build a rapport.

He also said the culture of the place changed when the Department started hiring "muscle".

If you treat people like human beings, chances are they'll act like them. if you abuse them and treat them like animals, don't be surprised if they behave  like them.

As every parent, school teacher, youth detention guard or anyone working with children should know.

So this kids behaviour isn't in question. Righteooo

Perhaps you'd like to point out where i said that?

You just disregarded where I posted accounts of his behaviour prior to Don Dale.

Lets see if we can agree on something.

Don Dale is a facility in need of changes/training etc.

That particular kid is an extremely violent and problematic individual who would cause trouble regardless.

I didn't disagree with it the slightest. he was incarcerated for a reason. No-one disputes that.

Yet that guard who i have several times quoted claims he was never spat on or abused ... presumably he knew Dylan Voller well. He worked there since 2005.

Are you arguing that Dylan Voller is utterly nonredeemable because you can cite some very bad behaviour from him? That the guard is lying and Voller really did spit on him and abuse him, despite his efforts to build a rapport with him?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:56pm

Now you imagine this- everyday you go to work , getting verbally and physically abused day in day out. Spat at, punched, kicked, have s hit thrown at you, called a pig C Year after year. You don't know how that would feel. You need to think about it more. How would you react to that??

The verbal abuse should just go straight over their head , but they're allowed and required to take action to prevent physical assault.

take action to avoid being spat on includes looking them in a windowless cell with no fresh air or water for 23 hrs straight? it includes throwing kids across a room? bashing them? asking them for headjobs?

I know, why don't they behead them to avoid being spat on. Afterall, you seem to think it justifies everything else.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:57pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:25pm:
So this kids behaviour isn't in question. Righteooo

this kids behaviour isn't an excuse to abuse them

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:58pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:27pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:58am:
Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:17am:
You're wrong.

A prison guard being assaulted is an occupational hazard but they're not there to cop it like a bunching bag.

The spithood was them dealing with a feral person.

If you're angry about that, examine everything that led up to him being so feral.

i don't give a rats about the spit hood. Spit hoods serve a purpose and as long as they are used appropriately, I have no problem with them.

Pretending his abuse was limited to s spit hood shows how poor your argument is. What did the spit hood have to do with him being thrown across the room? with guards asking them to suck their dicks? with hitting them? leaving them confined to small room with no water for extended periods of time? and a myriad of other abuses that were noted at the time

Or was that just one specific individual?

was it?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:58pm

cods wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:22pm:

He said he had a good rapport with many of the young detainees because he took the time to get to know them, and as a result he was never spat on or attacked.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-28/calls-for-change-at-don-dale-were-ignored-...

Could it be this particular child was an exceptionally violent and problematic individual?

Dylan Voller a difficult child who assaulted students before Don Dale jailing, commission told

As a primary school student, Dylan Voller broke windows, defecated in a classroom, assaulted other students, spat on a teacher and tied socks around his neck, threatening self-harm, the NT Royal Commission into Youth Detention has heard.

Several years later, after Mr Voller was suspended for punching another student in the head the day after he returned from a three-day suspension for assaulting three other students in the playground, his school in Alice Springs decided it could no longer keep teaching him because of safety concerns for other students and staff.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-20/dylan-voller-a-very-difficult-student-nt-r...
Oh look at Cods, el doucho and Mothballs poor little aboriginal victim. ALL HE NEEDS IS TO BE TREATED RIGHT!!!!! Cry Cry

ahhhhhhhhhhh here we go   name calling hammer shame on you..

so if this boy was your son...

what would you have done to him.??...

I know someone who has an autistic   [waiting to be assessed].. child hes 6  and is a real handful.. very very naughty.. so far because he is only little and slight..he can be controlled just dont take him to the supermarket... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. but when hes about 9 or 10.. he wont be so easy......how do you know this boy isnt autistic ... which means its not their fault what they do... Sad Sad Sad

this is not a normal child doing normal things....it just isnt...somewhere the medical dept has let him down..

I am sorry you find that making excuses for him... b ecause I am not.. I am trying to understand how and why children are treated like they have been at this Don Dale place...

it sounds like Lord of the Rings after they have grown up.. Sad Sad
I'm pretty sure we don't know the full Don Dale story and I'm sure it isn't all the guards fault. There's a load of politics mixed up in this. I'll tell you what I reckon is the blame for this kids behaviour- bad parenting.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:59pm

I can't help but wonder how much the people who demand these juvenile criminals be treated with kid  Wink gloves, would feel if they came up against these "children" armed, ready and willing to use violence, but not in detention, but in their home?
A very different state of emotional responses would undoubtedly ensue. So when claiming the "kids" status, keep in mind how kid like you would feel them to be if you had to face them with a gang of their mates seeking to rob you with violence?
Not very would be my guess.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:00pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:59pm:
I can't help but wonder how much the people who demand these juvenile criminals be treated with kid  Wink gloves, would feel if they came up against these "children" armed, ready and willing to use violence, but not in detention, but in their home?
A very different state of emotional responses would undoubtedly ensue. So when claiming the "kids" status, keep in mind how kid like you would feel them to be if you had to face them with a gang of their mates seeking to rob you with violence?

Who is demanding they be "treated with kid gloves"?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:05pm

I can't help but wonder how much the people who demand these juvenile criminals be treated with kid   gloves, would feel if they came up against these "children" armed, ready and willing to use violence, but not in detention, but in their home

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:12pm

hello mossy where have you been..??  you bad boy..

this boy has been in trouble since at least primary school...he is of course Aboriginal which makes one wonder.....but to me has he been medically examined and proved to be just a very disturbed child..???..

my granddaughter has a child who has been removed from childcare and early childhood classes since he learnt to walk...he is 6 and now attends a school that has a special class for disabled children.. he is anything but disabled....but no one else will have him... when hes violent watch out...when hes naughty hes a nightmare...when hes good  he seems normal...well almost...he looks like butter wont melt in his mouth.... but when he is in main stream everyday mum gets a call almost....... its exhausting and every once in a while she [mum] gives up.. its tough...but we hope to get a proper diagnosis in Aug.. which will be about an 8 month wait.... plus will cost $1800... can you see any aboriginal paying that...and if you go by their own system   its wait months and months and then it gets cancelled...by either the parents or they doctor...its a train wreck..

this boy needs treatment   he could even be brain damaged...I know if he was mine.. I couldnt sit back and let anyone treat him like that...

IP Logged

oh dear
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:37pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:58pm:
cods wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:22pm:

Oh look at Cods, el doucho and Mothballs poor little aboriginal victim. ALL HE NEEDS IS TO BE TREATED RIGHT!!!!! Cry Cry

ahhhhhhhhhhh here we go   name calling hammer shame on you..

so if this boy was your son...

what would you have done to him.??...

I know someone who has an autistic   [waiting to be assessed].. child hes 6  and is a real handful.. very very naughty.. so far because he is only little and slight..he can be controlled just dont take him to the supermarket... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. but when hes about 9 or 10.. he wont be so easy......how do you know this boy isnt autistic ... which means its not their fault what they do... Sad Sad Sad

this is not a normal child doing normal things....it just isnt...somewhere the medical dept has let him down..

I am sorry you find that making excuses for him... b ecause I am not.. I am trying to understand how and why children are treated like they have been at this Don Dale place...

it sounds like Lord of the Rings after they have grown up.. Sad Sad
I'm pretty sure we don't know the full Don Dale story and I'm sure it isn't all the guards fault. There's a load of politics mixed up in this. I'll tell you what I reckon is the blame for this kids behaviour- bad parenting.

All the more reason to try and help these kids.when the guard threw that boy in his room you seen tomorrows potential psychopathic axe murderer

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:37pm

Imagine how many aborigines go into Don Dale thinking that white mans rules don't apply. Many aboriginal parents teach their kids that "this is our land". Plus getting taught to hate  "pigs" because mum and dad have been nicked a bunch of times. Those guards must cop hell.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:40pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:37pm:
Imagine how many aborigines go into Don Dale thinking that white mans rules don't apply. Many aboriginal parents teach their kids that "this is our land". Plus getting taught to hate  "pigs" because mum and dad have been nicked a bunch of times. Those guards must cop hell.

Yet the guard who said he took the time to build a rapport with those kids said he was never spat on or abused.

You keep ignoring that point, Hammer.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:40pm

Imagine how many

you're good at that, however you're not so good with facts

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

oh dear
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:41pm

The guard who treated these kids with decency and respect had no trouble what does that tell you?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:42pm

Many aboriginal parents teach their kids that "this is our land".

once painted a house for an abo like that (Geez he was a pain in the arse). His kids who were young adults at the time used to laugh AT him and tell me to ignore him.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print