Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
The Don Dale spithood kid (Read 9993 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
The Don Dale spithood kid
Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Yes they were disturbing images but did anyone really think the guards did that for fun?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-20/dylan-voller-a-very-difficult-student-n...

IBI

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Re: The Don Dale spithood kid
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:47pm

Yes Dylan Voller has a bad history and we've all seen the footage of him in the chair when he was 16/17 years old.

Let's look at footage of Voller when he was 13 years old.

How terrifying must that be for a little boy.

Dylan Voller is a criminal and a very troubled individual but his treatment at the hands of corrections whilst he was a child is inexcusable.

No child deserves to be treated by grown men the way he was.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:56pm

I dont find the fact that he was 13 or 14 years old deserving of any absolution for his behaviour. Hes a right little sociopathic piece of sh!te no matter what his age.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:05am

So you don't see anything wrong with a young child being treated the way he was? It's fine to treat a kid like that if they are criminals?

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:08am

Raven wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:05am:
So you don't see anything wrong with a young child being treated the way he was? It's fine to treat a kid like that if they are criminals?
Correct.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:13am

I dont get that at some arbitary age people should then be held accountable for their actions but even a day before they turn 18 they are "children" therefore deserve special concessions.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:52am

Raven wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:47pm:
Yes Dylan Voller has a bad history and we've all seen the footage of him in the chair when he was 16/17 years old.

Let's look at footage of Voller when he was 13 years old.

How terrifying must that be for a little boy.

Dylan Voller is a criminal and a very troubled individual but his treatment at the hands of corrections whilst he was a child is inexcusable.

No child deserves to be treated by grown men the way he was.

I agree.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:53am

rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:13am:
I dont get that at some arbitary age people should then be held accountable for their actions but even a day before they turn 18 they are "children" therefore deserve special concessions.

So, children should be just considered "Responsible" for their actions and locked up with adults, Rhino?

In reality, children are treated as children 'cause they are well, children.   Children are meant to be protected and helped, not injudiciously restrained in a chair and hood simply because the adults can't cope with the kid's behavior.   Raven is suggesting that because of how the adults have acted towards this kid, the kid's behaviour has become worse.  His behaviour is a consequence of the adult's actions.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:02am

rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:08am:
Correct.

Wow... ok

The fact you think that it is acceptable to abuse a child from the age of 13 is frankly staggering.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:09am

Raven wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 1:02am:
rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:08am:
Correct.

Wow... ok

The fact you think that it is acceptable to abuse a child from the age of 13 is frankly staggering.

The abuse probably started well before 13 for him to behave like that at 13.

Quote:
“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.”
― Aristotle, The Philosophy of Aristotle

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:00am

rhino wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:56pm:
I dont find the fact that he was 13 or 14 years old deserving of any absolution for his behaviour. Hes a right little sociopathic piece of sh!te no matter what his age.

Touch of the tar brush, innit.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #11 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:33am

While I do not agree with treating a child with violence.
One must ask the question, what drove the guards to this behaviour?

Some children, many children, are almost suicidal in their approach to authority or behaving in a civil manner.
You can only warn, cajole, beg or suggest that they behave like a human so many times before it all seems rather pointless.

Punishment becomes a challenge for people like this, but children become immune to piunishment once they get past a certian point.
You show them compassion and love, they think you are weak and try to use you, but the behaviour does not change.

What would you suggest?
Perhaps chemical constraints?
Eventually they become immune or so brain dead that it destroys what humanity is left.

It is obvious that this child, and probably many others, are this way because of their parents.
Parents go a long way toward how a child behaves in this world, but that is not the total reason, often peer pressure, organizations, groups etc influence a child and their behaviour.

What is the answer?
I doubt anyone really knows, but violence will only lead to more violence.
Restraint, nothing more than bottling up the problem.
Chemical constraints, long term, useless, short term, harmful.

Its sad, but unfortunately, this child has had it bad and continues to behave bad.

Remember, you are what you make yourself, others can only influence your behaviour if you let them.
I know people who had some of the most horrendus upbringing, and yet are now successrful and wonderful people.
I have also met people who have had a wonderful upbringing and yet are horrible people.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:05am

young aboriginal boys used to serve apprenticeships in the beef industry and end up proud strong and capable.

now, thanks to leftie do-gooders taking away these opportunities, they serve apprenticeships where they get to vibe with anger, hatred, despair, victimhood and fear.
oh look, i just listed the 5 parameters of the leftard emotional state. they are just creating more recruits for their movement

images__1__006.jpg (8 KB | 50 )
images__1__006.jpg

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:16am

they serve apprenticeships where they get to vibe with anger, hatred, despair, victimhood

There is definitely a victimhood industry, and its fostered by the left.

The left do this for their own political ends with no regard to the welfare of their clients/ victims

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:30am

miketrees wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:16am:
they serve apprenticeships where they get to vibe with anger, hatred, despair, victimhood

There is definitely a victimhood industry, and its fostered by the left.

The left do this for their own political ends with no regard to the welfare of their clients/ victims

when you are a teenager, you have a choice to make.

you can work hard, study hard, bust thru barriers, use obstacles as stepping stones , eat well, hit the gym and surround yourself with positive people.

but all these things require EFFORT.

if you are LAZY, you can let yourself off the hook by becoming a victim, feeling all sad and butt hurt, always expecting things to go your way and complaining.

this state requires NO EFFORT.

in previous societies if you didnt put in an effort you were screwed, you perished.
but leftards thru some warped ideology, have enabled people to dwell in this mediocre purgatory.
Laziness will lead to craziness.
Never , ever ever accept a handout, expect a handout or complain .
EVER.

i said to my 3 kids.

how much money would i have to give you for one of your legs.

they wouldnt even sell me a leg for $2 million dollars.

i then pointed out to them that they were already millionaires.
its important to live in abundance and abundance is a mindset.
if you live in australia in 2017 and it isnt going well for you,
you SUCK

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print