Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
The Don Dale spithood kid (Read 9988 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Don Dale spithood kid
Reply #165 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 12:51am

Dont flatter yourself.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 12:52am

I'm not Rhino. I'm flattering you.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:01am

Im not that desperate, thanks.

paperbag.jpg (2 KB | 31 )
paperbag.jpg

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:02am

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:01am:
Im not that desperate, thanks.

I think you need all the positivity you can get, Rhino.

Don't give up!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 7:58am

Gordon wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:16pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:44pm:
It's no accident that most fkd up kids are missing a
stable
male role model in their lives. Young males do need discipline , particularly in their teenage years when if they dont have or learn basic respect for others their lives go off the rails just like the kids we are talking about here. The kids pretty much the adult by the age of 12, irredeemable.

Umm Rhino...when I read the word STABLE.....I immediately thought of Aquascoot and horses and thought ?????? <-----Horrifying I know lol.

But you're otherwise correct IMO.

PS. PCYC organizations are awesome in helping youths through crime PREVENTION programs.

These youths lack positive role models in their lives.

One of my cousins is married to a cop who is involved with PCYC so we hear 1st hand about some of the work being done through that organization. Funding however is $hithouse atm. Sad

One of my SIL has twin boys and no dad. She indulges them with anything they want and sets no goals or boundaries.  I get them for 2 weeks over xmas hols and they are little turds when they arrive.

After surfing fishing bushwalking every day they are changed kids when I hand them back, but it takes them about a week to turn back into little turds.

flow state activities.

the source of a happy life.

when engaged in a flow state activity , time flies and our worries disappear and we become our true selves.

the gospel on this is a book called flow by michealy (surname unpronouncable)

Flow (psychology)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Concentrating on a task is one aspect of flow.
In positive psychology, flow, also known as the zone, is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. In essence, flow is characterized by complete absorption in what one does.
Named by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, the concept has been widely referenced across a variety of fields (and has an especially big recognition in occupational therapy), though the concept has existed for thousands of years under other guises, notably in some Eastern religions.[1] Achieving flow is often colloquially referred to as being in the zone.
Flow shares many characteristics with hyperfocus. However, hyperfocus is not always described in a positive light. Some examples include spending "too much" time playing video games or getting side-tracked and pleasurably absorbed by one aspect of an assignment or task to the detriment of the overall assignment. In some cases, hyperfocus can "capture" a person, perhaps causing them to appear unfocused or to start several projects, but complete few.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print