Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just having a laugh (Read 373 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Just having a laugh
Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:50pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/woman-whose-ashes-landed-on-manly-ferr...

THE daughter of a woman whose ashes were scattered off a Manly ferry — blowing all over passengers — said her mum was just “having the last laugh’’.

Sharyn Faulkner explained how the sombre ­occasion took a comical turn last Tuesday.

Ms Faulkner apologised to the ferry passengers caught up in the ceremony for her mother, Pauline Andersen.

During the ceremony, the ferry slowed to a stop for the ashes to be spread but some unexpectedly blew on to other passengers on board.

“All was in readiness for the final moment when a gust of wind took my mother’s ashes over the sea towards Manly,’’ she said.

Pauline Andersen’s ashes accidentally landed on passengers on the Manly ferry.

Ms Andersen’s ashes were scattered off the Manly ferry. Picture: Rachael Lachlan
“Yes, she did actually come back on me and my family but I like to think it was a final kiss goodbye.

“We also saw it as her having the last laugh so that ­really lifted the mood and it was a really happy occasion for us. We just didn’t realise she decided to spread the love and land on other passengers.

“On behalf of my family we do apologise if we caused concern and discomfort.”

Mrs Andersen died in Geelong and her daughter promised she would “take her home” to Sydney where she lived the majority of her life and to Manly, where she went on her first date with her husband Frederick.

“I chose to spread her ashes off the Manly ferry because it was to Manly that my mother and father went on their first date,” Ms Faulkner said.

“She hadn’t resided in Sydney for a number of years so to me and my family it was the appropriate place to leave her, as she also loved the sea.”

Ms Faulkner praised Harbour City Ferries and the ferry skipper for helping the family scatter the ashes.

this is rather sweet.... Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Just having a laugh
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:14pm

Must keep that one in mind for my own departure..... fill a ferry with polies, and Bob's yer uncle.... cop a lungful of this!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:16pm

A Kiss is just a Kiss...lol

its a nice way of looking at it.. if your have just opened your sandwich  and bang....and when someone is so nice what can you say.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I have told my lot I am not going.   and they cant make me..

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Id  like my ashes spread on parliment house.

Hopefully I could be a poltergeist and give them all hell

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 10:19pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
Id  like my ashes spread on parliment house.

Hopefully I could be a poltergeist and give them all hell

they would vacuum you up... silly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print