Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
457 visas To Be Scrapped. You Beauty!!! (Read 3288 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: 457 visas To Be Scrapped. You Beauty!!!
Reply #45 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:55pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
the whole 457 fiasco is choc full of unskilled labour.

you're confused. They come here only as SKILLED labour, once they are here they change jobs so that they can move to more desirable areas. YOU cannot get a 457 visa for unskilled labour ..... unless you're maccas, then exceptions are made for you. Cheesy Cheesy
Or they lied about their qualifications. Most of the time overseas qualifications mean nothing in Australia.

you understand that the govt. doesn't just take their word for it, right? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
so why are we taking people who did their qualifications in another language and can't speak English. Isn't that a mistake?? I wish I could get a job in Australia when I can't read and write english.

50+% of closet poms would not pass an English test.

You only need to read denizen Valkie's posts to smell the ignorance.

Valkie claims to have an engineering degree and a management degree but he has not mastered the English language and blames the education system for his ignorance.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:59pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
Remember Dr Patel at Bunderburg Hospital muppe

Was Patel working on a 457 visa or was he a resident? Cheesy
A working visa. He is Indian trained who moved to America and then here to work. A poorly trained blow in who killed and injured a load of people.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:03pm

you're confused. They come here only as SKILLED labour, once they are here they change jobs so that they can move to more desirable areas. YOU cannot get a 457 visa for unskilled labour ..... unless you're maccas, then exceptions are made for you. Cheesy Cheesy
Or they lied about their qualifications. Most of the time overseas qualifications mean nothing in Australia.

you understand that the govt. doesn't just take their word for it, right? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
so why are we taking people who did their qualifications in another language and can't speak English. Isn't that a mistake?? I wish I could get a job in Australia when I can't read and write english.

If you employ someone for a particular skill set, then the priority is that they are able to perform that skill, talking English is not a requirement of doing many of the jobs in the skills shortage list. They just need to know enough to do their jobs. Talking to you on the train is not something anyone else cares about.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:13pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:03pm:

If you employ someone for a particular skill set, then the priority is that they are able to perform that skill, talking English is not a requirement of doing many of the jobs in the skills shortage list. They just need to know enough to do their jobs. Talking to you on the train is not something anyone else cares about.
Oh yes it is. Particularly in the health system.  Grin Grin Grin El doucho???? Grin Grin That's obviously one of the reasons for all of the mistakes.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:13pm:

Oh yes it is. Particularly in the health system.  Grin Grin Grin El doucho???? Grin Grin

you might want to read that again dopey, pay particular attention to the highlighted bit. Not sure if you are aware of it but 457 visas were not just used for 'the health system'.  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #50 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:15pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
Remember Dr Patel at Bunderburg Hospital muppe

Was Patel working on a 457 visa or was he a resident? Cheesy
A working visa. He is Indian trained who moved to America and then here to work. A poorly trained blow in who killed and injured a load of people.

What ever happened to the requirement that doctors from certain countries and regions needed to do a catch-up course HERE before being allowed to practice?  Another convenient government quiet throw-out of a requirement that is needed to ensure quality care?

I've been treated by an Indian doctor and a nurse quietly shook her head while nobody was looking, and said - "Don't listen to her!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:18pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:13pm:

Oh yes it is. Particularly in the health system.  Grin Grin Grin El doucho???? Grin Grin

you might want to read that again dopey, pay particular attention to the highlighted bit. Not sure if you are aware of it but 457 visas were not just used for 'the health system'.  Cheesy Cheesy
Skills shortage jobs are technical. How can you do a technical job in an English speaking country and not be able to read and write English?? Especially in the health system. It's part of Turdball's reforms muppet. Read the article.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:24pm

I have not read all this Thread but I'll bet there are no details of what Turdfull proposes to replace 457s with.  What detailed differences are there between the two?

This smacks of a Turdfull schmedia stunt.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:26pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:24pm:
I have not read all this Thread but I'll bet there are no details of what Turdfull proposes to replace 457s with.  What detailed differences are there between the two?

from article-  The scheme will be replaced by a new temporary visa specifically designed to recruit "the best and brightest", with tougher English language tests and labour market testing requirements.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:26pm:

from article-  The scheme will be replaced by a new temporary visa specifically designed to recruit "the best and brightest", with tougher English language tests and labour market testing requirements.

Is that the full extent of the details?

You have to be joking.  It'll be six of one and half a dozen of the other.

A Turdfull cheap grab using a name change to get schmedia attention. 

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:05pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:34pm:

That says a lot. Break it down.

-Replaced by new temporary visa- the end of 457s turning into citizenship.

-specifically designed to recruit "the best and brightest", - no more 7/11 workers but  people we actually need.

- with English language tests - no more non English speakers and writers endangering the workforce.

-labour market testing requirements.- who we bring is who we need by following employment stats.

That paragraph  said a lot actually.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:37pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:34pm:

That says a lot. Break it down.

-Replaced by new temporary visa- the end of 457s turning into citizenship.

-specifically designed to recruit "the best and brightest", - no more 7/11 workers but  people we actually need.

- with English language tests - no more non English speakers and writers endangering the workforce.

-labour market testing requirements.- who we bring is who we need by following employment stats.

That paragraph  said a lot actually.

Ah, but that is you filling in gaps left by Turdfull in his quest to get Abbott off the front page today.  Let's just wait 'enry 'iggins to see what actually emerges from this politically strategic thought bubble.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #57 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:38pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:18pm:
How can you do a technical job in an English speaking country and not be able to read and write English??

That question should be put to denizen Valkie who claims to have an engineering degree, a management degree and is a failure at English.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #58 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:21pm

It seems that the minor messages about the handling of this nation are getting through - slowly.... like treacle...

Now for the major ones, Mal...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #59 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:16am

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:05pm:

Labour market testing is still allowed to be done by employers though - which is a problem. So companies can still pull the old trick of advertising for locals at below-market rates, then claiming they can't fill the position and request a 457 (or whatever they'll be now) worker

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print