Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
If these three men were drowning.. (Read 9334 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: If these three men were drowning..
Reply #90 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:42am

Gnads wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:24pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:40pm:
Just like once you take the God begat Jesus crap out of Christianity, people ditch the religion.

Can you take God begatting Jesus out of Christianity and still have anything left?

No where in the Bible does it say God begat Jesus.

All the begatting was about other people.

According to the Gospel of Matthew 1:18-25:

Quote:
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

[Source]

The Holy Ghost is part of the Christian triumvirate God, Gnads.  It is part and parcel of God.  Therefore, Aussie is correct to say that God begat Jesus.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #91 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:08am

By the same logic you could say he begat himself. Or Jesus begat God, if you insist it makes the three words interchangeable.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #92 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:42am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:24pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:40pm:
Just like once you take the God begat Jesus crap out of Christianity, people ditch the religion.

Can you take God begatting Jesus out of Christianity and still have anything left?

No where in the Bible does it say God begat Jesus.

All the begatting was about other people.

According to the Gospel of Matthew 1:18-25:

Quote:
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

[Source]

The Holy Ghost is part of the Christian triumvirate God, Gnads.  It is part and parcel of God.  Therefore, Aussie is correct to say that God begat Jesus.   Roll Eyes

According to the N.T., Jesus cousin John the Baptist was also born through the intervention of God or his angels.

And the O.T. records that God also intervened in the birth of Isaac [to Abraham and Sarah].

But some people just cannot believe.

And that is OK.

Luke 1:5-25

18  And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
19  And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print