Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should the global mods be more strict or less strict on suspending people for personal insults directed at other forum users?

more strict    
  17 (30.9%)
less strict    
  17 (30.9%)
undecided    
  3 (5.5%)
do it differently    
  10 (18.2%)
status quo    
  8 (14.5%)

Total votes: 55
« Last Modified by: freediver on: Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:16am »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
banning people (Read 19629 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: banning people
Reply #90 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:57pm

I still wonder why I got banned a few years ago?
No Mod owned up to it.
I took a guess that it was because FreeDumb and myself had a falling out after becoming good friends both on and off the Forum. A case of another female (Mod) chiming in on her behalf.

I hardly ever offer 'personal insults' unless its an obvious 'spammer' or 'troll' that turns up out of the blue just to bully someone.
I rarely use 'slang' against someone.

I do have the tendency to bowl Googly's and Wrong'uns, let alone Bouncers & Yorkers - just to rattle a discussion with another angle that is outside the box or circle. But that's me - I look at the subject from all four sides, before coming to a final decision or understanding.

...I do admit that I am the archetypal 'opposite' of It_Is_the_Light. I'm the Bad guy from the Dark Side that has faith in people that they deserve and can deal with the cold, scary, hard 'reality' and 'world' of ...the other side.

I am a racist. But I make sure I am so against 'every race' equally - just to put things into perspective.
It's a case of ...long ago, the lands were all 'one' Supercontinent called Pangaea. Then they 'separated' into many. Until we can accept the 'differences' - we will never see the 'one' again (to which the lands will eventually become one 'supercontinent' again).

Anyway - why was I banned?
Actually, don't bother - that's in the past now.
Good to be back.  Smiley

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #91 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:12am

Jasin wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:57pm:
I still wonder why I got banned a few years ago?
No Mod owned up to it.
I took a guess that it was because FreeDumb and myself had a falling out after becoming good friends both on and off the Forum. A case of another female (Mod) chiming in on her behalf.

I hardly ever offer 'personal insults' unless its an obvious 'spammer' or 'troll' that turns up out of the blue just to bully someone.
I rarely use 'slang' against someone.

I do have the tendency to bowl Googly's and Wrong'uns, let alone Bouncers & Yorkers - just to rattle a discussion with another angle that is outside the box or circle. But that's me - I look at the subject from all four sides, before coming to a final decision or understanding.

...I do admit that I am the archetypal 'opposite' of It_Is_the_Light. I'm the Bad guy from the Dark Side that has faith in people that they deserve and can deal with the cold, scary, hard 'reality' and 'world' of ...the other side.

I am a racist. But I make sure I am so against 'every race' equally - just to put things into perspective.
It's a case of ...long ago, the lands were all 'one' Supercontinent called Pangaea. Then they 'separated' into many. Until we can accept the 'differences' - we will never see the 'one' again (to which the lands will eventually become one 'supercontinent' again).

Anyway - why was I banned?
Actually, don't bother - that's in the past now.
Good to be back.  Smiley

If you really want to know and never worked it out give me a date, I'll get my shovel out.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 10:29pm

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:58am:
Should the global mods be more strict or less strict on suspending people for personal insults directed at other forum users?

More strict.  You should be presenting arguments/opinions of the issue, not other people.  Go elsewhere and troll.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #93 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 9:38pm

stunspore wrote on Jun 29th, 2017 at 10:29pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:58am:
Should the global mods be more strict or less strict on suspending people for personal insults directed at other forum users?

More strict.  You should be presenting arguments/opinions of the issue, not other people.  Go elsewhere and troll.

You can't tell FreeDiver to go elsewhere and troll.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #94 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:11pm

If anyone should be banned.
It should be It_is_the_Light !

No other person on this Forum (inc Trolls)
is as weird and freakily scary as that crazed lunatic.
Even a Huntsman spider dropping from a sun-visor during a drive hasn't got a hairy leg on this member.  Shocked

UnderPyramid.jpg (22 KB | 53 )
UnderPyramid.jpg

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #95 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:23am

Jasin wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:11pm:

Even a Huntsman spider dropping from a sun-visor during a drive hasn't got a hairy leg on this member.  Shocked

I checked my visors before getting into the car for nearly 6 months after that happened to me...

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 9:14pm

we should have a banned sub forum..

when you get sin binned for a day or 3 you can go to the sub form and see who is banned and for how long...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #97 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 9:25pm

stunspore wrote on Jun 29th, 2017 at 10:29pm:

Hear Hear.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #98 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 9:39pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jasin wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:11pm:

[url][/img]

I checked my visors before getting into the car for nearly 6 months after that happened to me...

[img]https://m.popkey.co/c69cd6/YRRxg.gif[/url]

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #99 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 10:51pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 9:14pm:
we should have a banned sub forum..

when you get sin binned for a day or 3 you can go to the sub form and see who is banned and for how long...

I have no prob with that with the provision that it's just statements of fact and anyone who uses information in that subforum against members is instantly added to the list.

But I don't make the rules.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #100 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 10:57pm

Where are these Rules?  People seem not to know what is expected.  Is there some Rule about referring (even in a neutral way and actually quoting them) to a Member's Family?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #101 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:18pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 10:57pm:
Where are these Rules?  People seem not to know what is expected.  Is there some Rule about referring (even in a neutral way and actually quoting them) to a Member's Family?

Here's a clue, if you are civil, you will in all likelihood, never get a ban.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:18pm:

Oh, okay....civil.  And what happens if you are not 'civil?'  And can you tell me where that word....'civil'.....is mentioned in the Rules.

Come on Setanta......civility went out the window here decades ago.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #103 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:31pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:18pm:

Oh, okay....civil.  And what happens if you are not 'civil?'  And can you tell me where that word....'civil'.....is mentioned in the Rules.

Come on Setanta......civility went out the window here decades ago.

Unfortunately. Lets give it a try and we'll lead by example eh?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #104 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 11:43pm

No Rule.

Cry

Yet people get banned....for breaching non existent Rules.

Pretty hard to cope with as a Member.

Embarrassed

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print