Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Could an Islamic version of 'Book of Mormon' be staged without bloodshed?

Yes    
  1 (12.5%)
No    
  7 (87.5%)

Total votes: 8
« Created by: Gordon on: Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:53am »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print
islamaphobia, real or a make up word? (Read 20029 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: islamaphobia, real or a make up word?
Reply #225 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Nobody is forcing Muslims to eat NON-Halal - the argument is over whether or not anyone else should be forced to eat Halal or subsidise it's promotion by paying for a product that costs to label it non-Halal.

This argument is like calling Unions thugs because they don't want to accept a pay cut by bosses ... it's cart before the horse....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #226 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:44am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:20pm:
You are correct - the paranoia is becoming mutual - sort of like the start of WWI...

And yet I am criticised for pointing out that the Islamophobes are well, Islamophobes in their posts here, Grappler.  I call out that the "L'empereur n'a pas de vêtements!"  And they all get upset.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The attention they receive from authorities is in response to concerns created by their own rhetoric and by the actions of some - the media love a good story but aren't held to truth very much - as I said the anti-Muslim crowd are but a small minority - same as Muslim terrorists are a small minority.

Except the innocent Muslims get immediately branded with the same label as the Islamists, Grappler.  It's like suggesting that all Australians are racists.   This is demonstrably untrue.  Just as all Muslims are Terrorists is demonstrably untrue.

Quote:
I have no sympathy for criminals intent on murder and crime as a way of life... and I have no objection to decent Muslims going about their business in peace.... but the issues need to be aired and openly, not hidden behind walls of rhetoric and fears.

I have nothing against discussing of the issues, Grappler as long as the discussion is undertake in a sane, respectful manner, not an Islamophobic hate-filled diatribe of the kind we see here all the time from the likes of Yadda, Moses, Valkie and others.   If they toned down their language and actually discussed the issues rather than telling us what they see as wrong with all Muslims....    Roll Eyes

I agree that the issues should not be hidden but any discussion of them must be proportionate to what the actually problems are.   

Quote:
Everyone knows you cannot marry a 14 yo without permission from the State - for example - and that if you wish civilised behaviour towards you, you do not parade the streets offering to chop the heads from unbelievers - nobody forces you to join an armed gang on a crime rampage - nobody forces you to fight with police at your demos or to publicly cheer the murder of ordinary citizens going about their business....

When a significant number in YOUR self-styled group start doing those things - questions are raised and need answers.

"Some Muslims may receive attention simply 'cause they are Muslims," - your 'may weakens this argument, and shows that perhaps 'some Muslims' NEED attention....

What is a "significant number", Grappler?   We have 2% of the entire population which profess to be Muslim.  What part of that 2% want to marry 14 year old girls?   What proportion want to join violent gangs?  What proportion want to behead unbelievers?   Is it 1% of that 2% or is it 100%?   According to Yadda, all Muslims are dangerous.  According to Moses, all Muslims are Terrorists.  According to other Islamophobes, the Muslims are about to take over our society and impose Sh'ria law on us.   Seriously?   

Some Muslims take their religion very seriously.  Some Muslims want those things without a doubt.  What seems to be forgotten is that the overwhelming majority of Muslims came here to get away from conflict, to build new lives, like all immigrants.   However, they still want to have their religion and I see nothing wrong with that.   Just as I don't see anything wrong with Christians/Hindus/Shinto/Taoists/etc. keeping their religion when they migrate to Australia.

Some Muslims, just as some Christians/Hindus/Shinto/Taoists/Jews/etc. do require attention from the authorities because of their religion.   Most don't though, now do they?   I have Muslim neighbours.  I have Christian neighbours.  I have Hindu neighbours.  We all get along fine.   No one wants to chop anybody's heads off and no one wants to marry anybody's 14 year old daughter.  Time the Islamophobes got out there and actually met their neighbours and talked to them.     Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #227 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:23pm:
Nobody is forcing Muslims to eat NON-Halal - the argument is over whether or not anyone else should be forced to eat Halal or subsidise it's promotion by paying for a product that costs to label it non-Halal.

I am unsure why you aren't listening to what has been said, upon numerous occasions, Grappler.   Having your premises inspected to comply with Halal certification is not costing the food producers very much at all.  In fact the cost is so small, it disappears in the cost of producing the food.   The anti-Halal crowd get upset at the very idea it seems of eating a nice item of food that has been prepared in an nice-clean room/machine.   It seems they prefer to eat food that has been prepared in a dirty room/machine.  Roll Eyes

When a there is no Halal food what does a Muslim do?   They starve.   Just as an Orthodox Jew starves when there is no Kosher food available.   Yet we don't hear any criticisms of Kosher food preparation and labelling.   I wonder why?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #228 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:47am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:48am:

I am unsure why you aren't listening to what has been said, upon numerous occasions, Grappler.   Having your premises inspected to comply with Halal certification is not costing the food producers very much at all.  In fact the cost is so small, it disappears in the cost of producing the food.   The anti-Halal crowd get upset at the very idea it seems of eating a nice item of food that has been prepared in an nice-clean room/machine.   It seems they prefer to eat food that has been prepared in a dirty room/machine.  Roll Eyes

When a there is no Halal food what does a Muslim do?   They starve.   Just as an Orthodox Jew starves when there is no Kosher food available.   Yet we don't hear any criticisms of Kosher food preparation and labelling.   I wonder why?    Roll Eyes

Highlight 1. Incorrect..... it's a big cost & concern to meat exporters .... they pay it in Australia & they pay it into Indonesia. Adding to the cost to produce never sees that cost disappear ...... that's why there are price rises for the consumer.

Highlight2. What a complete load of rubbish Bryan. "They starve"?  Grin Grin

Muslims have lived in Australia for 150 years & they didn't starve & there was no such thing as Halal Certified food.

What's more there was no such thing as Halal Certification in any Muslim countries either .... funny how it's only a modern day thing (1980) & applied only in western/non Muslim countries.

They make their own food Halal. What's more there is so much food stuff that is being made Halal ... i.e. companies are paying the certification fees for products that do not require Halal certification as it is naturally Halal (allowable) without it.

Like milk & dairy, fruit & vegies, cereals, water, chocolate (as demonstrated by Waleed Aly).

Halal Certification (unlike Kosher) has gone way beyond food products. And Jews don't starve either if food is not labelled "Kosher".

It's being applied to everything imaginable - household cleaning chemicals, womens sanitary items, etc. etc.

Because companies fear backlash(Cadburys is one) from the non muslim majority they don't label their products Halal ..... that's deceit.(Taqiyya)

And when it's not labelled Halal Certified how do Muslims know if it's allowable to eat?

It used to be solely in the confines of ritual slaughter & the home preparation of food (like Kosher)

but it's now a money making racket.

There are actually very few foods that are Haram (forbidden) the rest are according to Allah (God) naturally Halal (allowable).

So why have Muslims or should I say true Muslims been brainwashed to the extent that they don't know what is HALAL or HARAM & require a label on a product to know whether or not they can eat it?

Because it's all about making money off the Kuffar.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #229 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:54pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:47am:

Highlight 1. Incorrect..... it's a big cost & concern to meat exporters .... they pay it in Australia & they pay it into Indonesia. Adding to the cost to produce never sees that cost disappear ...... that's why there are price rises for the consumer.

Wrong, Gnads.  Anyway, if it does cost that is a cost of exporting to a Muslim country.  You don't want to pay that cost, then don't and don't complain that we aren't exporting to a Muslim country.  Simples really.  It is between the exporter and the importer, not a concern of the anti-Halal food crowd at all.

Quote:

Muslims have lived in Australia for 150 years & they didn't starve & there was no such thing as Halal Certified food.

What's more there was no such thing as Halal Certification in any Muslim countries either .... funny how it's only a modern day thing (1980) & applied only in western/non Muslim countries.

They make their own food Halal. What's more there is so much food stuff that is being made Halal ... i.e. companies are paying the certification fees for products that do not require Halal certification as it is naturally Halal (allowable) without it.

Like milk & dairy, fruit & vegies, cereals, water, chocolate (as demonstrated by Waleed Aly).

Halal Certification (unlike Kosher) has gone way beyond food products. And Jews don't starve either if food is not labelled "Kosher".

It's being applied to everything imaginable - household cleaning chemicals, womens sanitary items, etc. etc.

Because companies fear backlash(Cadburys is one) from the non muslim majority they don't label their products Halal ..... that's deceit.(Taqiyya)

And when it's not labelled Halal Certified how do Muslims know if it's allowable to eat?

It used to be solely in the confines of ritual slaughter & the home preparation of food (like Kosher)

There are actually very few foods that are Haram (forbidden) the rest are according to Allah (God) naturally Halal (allowable).

So why have Muslims or should I say true Muslims been brainwashed to the extent that they don't know what is HALAL or HARAM & require a label on a product to know whether or not they can eat it?

The labelling of foodstuffs "Kosher" or "Halal" makes it easier for the religious people who strictly practice their religion to be sure what they are eating has been prepared according to their religious dietary practice.   It's like Vegans being aware that their food contains no meat by-products if it has been stamped "Vegetarian".   Indeed, why aren't we seeing the anti-Halal mob up in arms with the creeping vegetarianism we are observing in our society?  It is more pervasive than Halal certification IMO.   Of course, the anti-Halal crowd want to convert all Vegetarians to meat eaters, don't they just like they want to convert all Halal eaters to Christians...   Tsk, tsk.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #230 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:51pm

But no matter how hard I try

I just cant get halal pork or bacon

Its a rort I tell you, a rort.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #231 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:53pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:51pm:

Valkie's suppliers are preventing him from committing cannibalism.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #232 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:04pm

Unforgiven wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:53pm:

Valkie's suppliers are preventing him from committing cannibalism.

That was a good one, I may use that one day.

But you really need to post more than insulting one liners.

Perhaps if you tried real hard and actually complemented someone, you might make at least one friend ....................one day?

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #233 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:14pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Such blatant Islamophobia, Valkie.  Tsk, tsk, move along there folks, nothing worth looking at here,just the same tired old stuff...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #234 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:37pm

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:53am:
No other religion gets this special treatment. They are all open for ridicule. Except Islam, which must be protected from criticism on account of Islamic extremists killing people at the drop of a hat.

You're not wrong!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #235 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:54pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:47am:

Wrong, Gnads.  Anyway, if it does cost that is a cost of exporting to a Muslim country.  You don't want to pay that cost, then don't and don't complain that we aren't exporting to a Muslim country.  Simples really.  It is between the exporter and the importer, not a concern of the anti-Halal food crowd at all.

Quote:

The labelling of foodstuffs "Kosher" or "Halal" makes it easier for the religious people who strictly practice their religion to be sure what they are eating has been prepared according to their religious dietary practice.   It's like Vegans being aware that their food contains no meat by-products if it has been stamped "Vegetarian".   Indeed, why aren't we seeing the anti-Halal mob up in arms with the creeping vegetarianism we are observing in our society?  It is more pervasive than Halal certification IMO.   Of course, the anti-Halal crowd want to convert all Vegetarians to meat eaters, don't they just like they want to convert all Halal eaters to Christians...   Tsk, tsk.     Roll Eyes

thats all well and good brian...but I have it on good advice  that anyone using the HALAL sig.. has to pay for it.. in large sums...

I am not sure about using the words vegetarian...or even Kosher.. mainly because I never see Kosher..perhaps you know the rules on that one..

but when I see shops like Coles claiming they are HALAL  and I know they pay... am I being charged extra to cover that cost.. as in everything else they pay for..???????..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #236 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:49pm

am I paying for the HALAL LABEL?>.

I dont care if they have their own shops.. to cater for their weird beliefs.. but leave me out of it.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #237 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:57pm

Why do you condone the slow painful death of animals through barbaric halal butchery?

Slitting an animals throat and letting it bleed out slowly fits nicely in with other barbaric CULT practices.

It seems this CULT is obsessed with cutting throats, chopping off heads, lopping off limbs, and beating or stoning women and children.

But all we hear from the islamophiles is excuses, and continued insults.
They don't argue with real reasons, they just call "ISLAMAPHOBE" a make up word that simply means anyone disagreeing with anything, ANYTHING, this CULT does, says or engages in.

Its ok to murder, rape or terrorism as long as its done by the CULT.

Their arguments are always the same.
Their responses, when beaten.
............................................ISLAMAPHOBE!

I wear that fake name as a badge of honor,
It means that I at least see through the bullshite and lies.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #238 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:14pm

The halal certification scheme for abattoirs was a scam run by foreign Muslim governments. They set up regional monopolies with the express goal of charging as much as possible - even to the point where some abattoirs could not afford to pay and had to forgo the export market. It was costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. The money, like the millions of dollars stolen from Islamic schools, disappeared into a black hole.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #239 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:22pm

cods wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:49pm:
am I paying for the HALAL LABEL?>.

I dont care if they have their own shops.. to cater for their weird beliefs.. but leave me out of it.

My sentiments exactly.  Trouble is, some marketing genius came up with the idea that all product should be labeled H or non-H, and even though it is meaningless to the majority, they also get to pay for the labeling.

I think they should run separate lines for the Halal stuff and charge accordingly - smaller runs of product for example cost more per item - but I suppose that  would be 'discrimination'.

"Today's Special - Halal Crab in Oyster Sauce"....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print