Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shorten Dismisses Adani Coal Mine Loan (Read 1806 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Shorten Dismisses Adani Coal Mine Loan
Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:43am

Shorten dismisses Adani coal mine loan   Smiley
April 16, 2017
News.com.au

Australian taxpayers should not be providing an almost $1 billion loan to build the Adani Carmichael coal mine, the federal opposition leader says.   Smiley

Following news Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull met with the Indian multinational company to discuss a project that is claimed to "unlock tens of thousands of jobs", Bill Shorten says "the case is not yet made" for the concessional loan.

"The fact of the matter is that we hope Adani can stack up and there are some jobs created for mining and related construction workers. But the case is not yet made for taxpayers to provide a low concession rate of $1 billion to an Indian multinational mining company," he told reporters on Sunday.

"If this deal is such a good deal, why does it need the taxpayers of Australia to underwrite it?"

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Re: Shorten Dismisses Adani Coal Mine Loan
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:45am

whiteknight wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:43am:
Shorten dismisses Adani coal mine loan   Smiley
April 16, 2017
News.com.au

Australian taxpayers should not be providing an almost $1 billion loan to build the Adani Carmichael coal mine, the federal opposition leader says.   Smiley

Following news Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull met with the Indian multinational company to discuss a project that is claimed to "unlock tens of thousands of jobs", Bill Shorten says "the case is not yet made" for the concessional loan.

"The fact of the matter is that we hope Adani can stack up and there are some jobs created for mining and related construction workers. But the case is not yet made for taxpayers to provide a low concession rate of $1 billion to an Indian multinational mining company," he told reporters on Sunday.

"If this deal is such a good deal, why does it need the taxpayers of Australia to underwrite it?"

Very good question Bill  Undecided

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:54am

adani will transfer the $1b to an offshore parent company and walk off with $1b in profit without even lifting a finger.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:15am

How many Indian workers can you import for a Billion Dollars ?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:32am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:15am:
How many Indian workers can you import for a Billion Dollars ?

A lot for 2 bucks a day

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:47am

So what do you with a railway that goes no where after coal mine?  And for some strange reason the coalition wants to fund private business with taxpayer money.  $1 bill for what is up to 15000 workers is the claim?  As in 65k+ per person?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:57am

stunspore wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:47am:
So what do you with a railway that goes no where after coal mine?  And for some strange reason the coalition wants to fund private business with taxpayer money.  $1 bill for what is up to 15000 workers is the claim?  As in 65k+ per person?

Adani claims the mine will employ much less than that.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:08am

John Smith wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:57am:
stunspore wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:47am:

Adani claims the mine will employ much less than that.

Yeh i know. Was being optimistic.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:48am

Should spend the money building a rail line from Gladstone, Qld to a suitable point on the Gulf of Carpentaria. All the coal can then be shipped via the Gulf instead of through the GBR. The Adani disaster can then be linked to this railway line.

But it is time to start leaving thermal coal in the ground.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 6:17pm

Irrelevant Shorty is only annoyed because Adani won't be using union workers.

But how about some FACTS which you will NEVER get from lying moaning groaning droning Snorten Shorten who is better at ripping off weekend rates from workers at CleanEvent and Chiquito.

Naysaying Labor is being led by the snout by the vile Greenie economic vandals who want to stop any and all development in Australia.

Adani rail a benefit to other mines: govt
Published: 2:19 pm, Monday, 17 April 2017

VIDEO: The Government says a $900m loan to build an Adani rail line would benefit five other mines in Central Qld.

The Turnbull Government says a $900 million concessional loan to build a rail link to the Adani Carmichael coal mine would also benefit five other mining projects in Central Queensland.

Federal Resources and Northern Australia Minister Matt Canavan said the rail corridor would unlock a 'job bonanza' and major economic gains in the Galilee Basin.

Earlier in the week, Mr Canavan said Adani has assured the federal government the rail line can be open to multiple users.

The Government predict the rail corridor will generate 15,000 direct jobs in the Galilee Basin.

Liberal senator James Paterson told Sky News the jobs the rail construction would create 'was nothing to sneeze at' and the project would be 'warmly welcomed by locals'.

Federal Labor says the case has still not been made for the concessional loan, Shadow Assistant Treasurer Andrew Leigh says the job estimates are higher than he had seen.

'The federal Labor's view on the Adani mine is that it needs to stack up economically and environmentally,' he told Sky News.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/politics/federal/2017/04/17/adani-rail-a-benefit-...

The train to prosperity
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:19pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #10 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:04pm

10,000 jobs is a furphy that was exploded a long time ago. Leave the coal where it is.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:44pm

And a voice from the deep tries a stir.  MM don't U ever get tired of being a not very good stirrer ?

In any case, in case U didn't know, it is now 15000 jobs with all the benefits to the other mines along the proposed railway line.

The Government predict the rail corridor will generate 15,000 direct jobs in the Galilee Basin

Try reading the article.  U should have gone to SpecSavers!!!

Coal is the black gold which will fuel the new Clean Coal Power Station in Nth Qld.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2017 at 11:00pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #12 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:48pm

There might be, what, 3000 jobs in the initial construction stage and 1000 once the mine is going. Damage to the GBR will be inevitable and it is already in more than enough stress.

So take your Lib cut and paste job and shove it where the sun don’t shine, YouLiar!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:56pm

juliar wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:44pm:
And a voice from the deep tries a stir.  MM don't U ever get tired of being a not very good stirrer ?

In any case, in case U didn't know, it is now 15000 jobs with all the benefits to the other mines along the proposed railway line.

1 bill / 15000 -> 67k each.  And that's assuming really 15000....

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 11:03pm

And my STATUS SYMBOL TROLL Paw Stunned rises from a deep slumber to express her devotion to me, her hero, just like a lost puppy. Good boy pat pat.

It is good to be important enough to rate a personal troll which is quite a STATUS SYMBOL that makes the Lefties jealous.

And a rather annoyed MM bungs on a bit of Lefty aggro which is completely irrelevant and does not change the FACTS one iota.

Just look at all that black gold making Australia RICH and turning the vile Greenie economic vandals brown at the edges

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2017 at 11:13pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print