Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I just want to say what a shithouse forum board (Read 3894 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

I just want to say what a shithouse forum board
Apr 16th, 2017 at 8:52pm

OzPol has been degenerating into lately with its endless tit-for-tat ad hominems and with almost every thread quickly turning into a graffiti wall with tiresome one-liners being batted backwards and forwards over an invisible net.

It's more a chat board or a sand-pit for immature mentalities than anything else, with serious subjects dying an early death because of the Usual Suspects quickly arriving to indulge their favourite sport of trolling and playing 'tag' with those who feel compelled to respond to their petty provocations.

The board 'Rules' are worth jack-shìt so far as helping to reduce this idiocy to a minimum.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: I just want to say what a shithouse forum board
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Are denizens ignoring Herr Bert's valuable contributions to social discourse in favor of joining more boisterous discussions?

Has cats and critters gone to the dogs?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1486462079

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:28pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 8:52pm:
OzPol has been degenerating into lately with its endless tit-for-tat ad hominems and with almost every thread quickly turning into a graffiti wall with tiresome one-liners being batted backwards and forwards over an invisible net.

It's more a chat board or a sand-pit for immature mentalities than anything else, with serious subjects dying an early death because of the Usual Suspects quickly arriving to indulge their favourite sport of trolling and playing 'tag' with those who feel compelled to respond to their petty provocations.

The board 'Rules' are worth jack-shìt so far as helping to reduce this idiocy to a minimum.

Yep. That's why I don't bother anymore.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 6:06pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 8:52pm:

Yep. That's why I don't bother anymore.

The Return of the Prodigal!

Welcome back to this Public Toilet, Nicole, where there's a lot of graffiti but not much art.

Smiley

The Board has been all the poorer without you.  Kiss

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 1:06pm

The General board has become polluted with endless racial and Muslim bashing threads. Which Herbert is partially responsible for

I don't know why these cant be moved to "islam" or "multicultural" boards. Other threads get moved so why can't these be moved?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 1:46pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
The General board has become polluted with endless racial and Muslim bashing threads. Which Herbert is partially responsible for

I don't know why these cant be moved to "islam" or "multicultural" boards. Other threads get moved so why can't these be moved?

I agree 100%.  Perhaps if more people made their view known, Effendi might act.

I have asked him (in open) and his response was that Gandalf may not like that.

I have a complete answer for that, but there is no point unless Members express the wish that all the Muslim bash Threads be sent to the place where they belong ~ Islam Sub-Forum.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 2:44pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
The General board has become polluted with endless racial and Muslim bashing threads. Which Herbert is partially responsible for.

Rumours. Just nasty rumours.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2017 at 11:29pm

[quote authoin it. Yeah link=1492339958/4#4 date=1493435173]The General board has become polluted with endless racial and Muslim bashing threads. Which Herbert is partially responsible for

I don't know why these cant be moved to "islam" or "multicultural" boards. Other threads get moved so why can't these be moved? [/quote]

Freeeedom, innit

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2017 at 11:36pm

There is an alternative where none of the childishness you're complaining about is allowed, Herbie.

What a shame your membership doesn't work any more.  If you need your password reset, just tell me.   Smiley

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - May 4th, 2017 at 11:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
There is an alternative where none of the childishness you're complaining about is allowed, Herbie.

What a shame your membership doesn't work any more.  If you need your password reset, just tell me.   Smiley

Could we have a www.debatefrustrateretaliate.com/forum/index.php?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 5th, 2017 at 6:09am

Brian, the fact that you post here 100 to 1 posts compared to your forum board is clear evidence that 'Debate & Relate' is on Life Support with more protein drips and tubes up its arse than Prince Phillip of UK fame.

tsk    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #11 - May 16th, 2017 at 11:58pm

If they wanted to liven up the board, could we have "f.u.c.k.i.n.g" (in the normal spelling of the word) either changed to "****ing" or just let drop the censoring of that word? I doubt that "smacking" is really an appropriate alternative.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - May 17th, 2017 at 12:10am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 6:09am:

Brian, the fact that you post here 100 to 1 posts compared to your forum board is clear evidence that 'Debate & Relate' is on Life Support with more protein drips and tubes up its arse than Prince Phillip of UK fame.

tsk    Roll Eyes

I'm surprised Brian's keyboard does not catch fire, the amount of typing he posts.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - May 17th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Setanta wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 11:51pm:

Could we have a www.debatefrustrateretaliate.com/forum/index.php?

Follow the instructions to gain an account, Setanta.   Then you will be able to access the forum.  It's URL is http://www.debaterelate.com/forum/index.php

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - May 17th, 2017 at 10:48pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 6:09am:

tsk    Roll Eyes

You have no idea how many posts I make there, Herbie as you don't have an account.  Tsk, tsk.   No account, no see.   Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print