Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
Is racism encouraged? (Read 23160 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Is racism encouraged?
Reply #285 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 5:35pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:11pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:50am:
Brian's on his prayer mat at the moment, but he asked me to post this up ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

Its amazing how voiceferious he is in defence of tge CULT.
And yet as a debater he is as useful as a tit on a bull.

Pathetic islamophile

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Valkie, why do you bother?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #286 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 5:35pm:
   I've known Muslims who have raised their kids Anglican. 

Well, not a Muslim, then, by definition.

An apostate, perhaps.

but who speaks for the Muslim apostates? Not you. You keep them in the shackles of Islam, you racist, bigoted old oppressor.  No matter how much they turn their backs on Islam, you still brand them as Muslims, you stupid, ruthless old commissar.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #287 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:26pm

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

Pathetic islamophile

You bore me Tongue

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #288 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:32pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:54am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:57pm:
Australia has a culture, its called a Multiculture, Herbie and Soren.

Australian colonial culture is a subculture of that Multiculture.   Just as are all the other subcultures.

Australian Multiculture is a mixture of all the subcultures.   All subcultures are equal.   Time to catch up with the 21st century Australian society, boys and girls.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Naivety or left-wing posturing? The latter I suspect.

As far as the Australian Government is concerned, all cultures are equal, CW.   As I've mentioned, time to catch up with the 21st century way of thinking.  Racism/Culturism/bigotry is so early 20th century.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The government may have an official policy of equality, but no one personally believes in the equality of cultures, yourself included. Everyone judges. Everyone has their own interests, biases and prejudices.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #289 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm

Frank wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm:

An apostate, perhaps.

but who speaks for the Muslim apostates? Not you. You keep them in the shackles of Islam, you racist, bigoted old oppressor.  No matter how much they turn their backs on Islam, you still brand them as Muslims, you stupid, ruthless old commissar.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You know everything don't you, Soren?   Tsk, tsk.  One day, I might introduce you to Abdul.  He was a fine soldier.  His daughter is a fine soldier.   I was glad I served with him and we called each other, "mate".   I speak for no one other than myself, Soren.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #290 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:44pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 9:26pm:

Pathetic islamophile

You bore me Tongue

Good 'cause you bored me from your first Islamophobic post.   We are therefore equally bored.   

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Valkie, why do you bother?  All you do is troll, use ad hominem and spread Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #291 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:46pm

your a bit obsessive brian.....are you studying the Koran.?.. you sound like a likely convert to me..I am sure they will love you!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #292 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:47pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:07pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:32pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:54am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:57pm:
Australia has a culture, its called a Multiculture, Herbie and Soren.

Australian colonial culture is a subculture of that Multiculture.   Just as are all the other subcultures.

Australian Multiculture is a mixture of all the subcultures.   All subcultures are equal.   Time to catch up with the 21st century Australian society, boys and girls.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Naivety or left-wing posturing? The latter I suspect.

As far as the Australian Government is concerned, all cultures are equal, CW.   As I've mentioned, time to catch up with the 21st century way of thinking.  Racism/Culturism/bigotry is so early 20th century.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The government may have an official policy of equality, but no one personally believes in the equality of cultures, yourself included. Everyone judges. Everyone has their own interests, biases and prejudices.

Maybe so but it is how we show those biases and prejudices and how we act on that knowledge that matters, CW.  Some, like Valkie, Geoff, Soren, Yadda, Moses, Herbie revel in them.  You?  You're just like the other Islamophobes, terrified of the "other".   

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #293 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:49pm

cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:46pm:
your a bit obsessive brian.....are you studying the Koran.?.. you sound like a likely convert to me..I am sure they will love you!

Nope, Cods.  I've studied it and realised it's only slightly more sensible than the Book of Mormon.   How about you?  Have you ever studied the Q'ran?  Or do you rely on Pauline Hanson and the other professional Islamophobes to do your thinking for you?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #294 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 2:20am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:47pm:
Maybe so but it is how we show those biases and prejudices and how we act on that knowledge that matters, CW. 

Okay, so now you agree that cultures can be unequal.

Quote:
Some, like Valkie, Geoff, Soren, Yadda, Moses, Herbie revel in them.  You?  You're just like the other Islamophobes, terrified of the "other".   

Lefty slogans don't work on me. Additionally, I've not mentioned Islam. Read what I write. Do not infer.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #295 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm:

An apostate, perhaps.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You know everything don't you, Soren?   Tsk, tsk.  One day, I might introduce you to Abdul.  He was a fine soldier.  His daughter is a fine soldier.   I was glad I served with him and we called each other, "mate".   I speak for no one other than myself, Soren.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Islam is not your mate Abdul.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #296 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:47pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:07pm:

Maybe so but it is how we show those biases and prejudices and how we act on that knowledge that matters, CW.  Some, like Valkie, Geoff, Soren, Yadda, Moses, Herbie revel in them.  You?  You're just like the other Islamophobes, terrified of the "other".   

Multiculturalism is a big, fat lie calculated to shut people up.

Cultural background of citizens is legitimate object of scrutiny
STEPHEN CHAVURA
The Australian12:00AM April 24, 2017

Cynics ask what are Australian values. Well, a good place to start is by asking what Australian institutions make us such an attractive destination for thousands of immigrants, and then think about what kinds of values Australians must have to keep them healthy. What kinds of values must citizens have for parliamentary democracy, liberal democratic rights, a welfare program, equal access to education, civil peace and a healthy economy to flourish?

It is reassuring to see citizenship tests back on the political agenda. Not because of what such tests are capable of doing on their own — basically nothing — but for what they signify. They are an admission that in the present national and global political climate the discourse of multiculturalism is at best irrelevant, and at worst counter-productive.

True, some politicians and many academics and professional activists still cling to the multicultural discourse but they look increasingly like Menzian Anglophiles did in the 1960s — hopelessly out of touch with a changing world that is rapidly leaving them behind.

Multiculturalism has always been a notoriously vague and amorphous ideal. Even its greatest theorists differ on exactly what it is and how it should influence policy. Is multiculturalism simply the absence of pressure placed on immigrant communities to assimilate? Is it the positive celebration and encouragement of cultural distinctiveness? Is it anti-multicultural to demand that immigrants use English in speech and advertising? Does multiculturalism demand some limited acceptance of sharia law?

As Mark Lopez showed in his classic study The Origins of Multiculturalism in Australian Politics 1945-1975, what began as an attempt to address the very practical problem of the economic and educational integration of European migrants in the 1970s soon became an ideological monstrosity far removed from the practical day-to-day needs of migrant communities. Multiculturalism went from trying to solve important issues such as employment and understanding the needs of migrant children at school, to ridiculous questions such as whether it is “intolerant” to force Muslim boys to interact with female teachers whom they consider their inferiors, and whether the curriculum makes all cultures feel included. Such is the fate of many practical causes once intellectuals get their hands on them.

So what is multiculturalism? Or better, what has it become over the past 40 years? Simple. Multiculturalism is little more than a rhetorical gag used to silence critics of immigration policy and its impact on Australian society. Multicultural discourse is about silencing any who would dare criticise the way immigration and integration have been conducted since mass immigration shifted from Europe to Asia and the Middle East in the mid to late 1970s.

Multiculturalism is less about reason and reasonableness than it is about the control of public debate regarding immigration and national identity. It does this by confusion and obfuscation, especially by confusing culture with race. Once culture and race are seen as the same thing then anyone advocating assimilationist policies is deemed racist, likewise with advocating cultural-sensitive immigration policy. Even criticism of Islam and mass Muslim immigration is now seen as racist.

The multicultural discourse has succeeded in demonising anyone as a racist who dares to raise any of these questions. Indeed, so successful has it been that people feel guilty just thinking such thoughts, privately telling friends in hushed tones that: “I’m not a racist but shouldn’t we be careful about who we let into our country?”

A nation is defined by its institutions and citizens, both of which shape the other in a perpetual dialogue that takes place in an ever-changing world. The quality of the institutions affects the quality of the citizens, and vice versa. Furthermore, the ideals and social ethos that animate the laws must be internalised by the people. For citizens to enjoy their rights to equality and freedom their fellow citizens must have the spirit of those laws in their hearts. This is why liberal democracy cannot exist in countries whose citizens are animated by ethnic hatreds, extreme intolerance and corruption. Parliaments will be seen merely as another means to carry on ethnic conflict and oppression. Think of the failure of democracy in most of the Middle East and Africa.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #297 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:34pm

If liberal democratic institutions and the rights they guarantee can only be enjoyed by citizens whose hearts are animated by the spirit of those institutions, then the quality of the hearts and minds of individuals who wish to immigrate is of the highest significance. Citizenship tests are at best tokenistic gestures unless they are done with highly skilled personnel who are trained to ask the right questions and recognise the wrong answers. The cultural background of citizens is a perfectly legitimate object of scrutiny in our immigration policy.

If we want to distil our values as a nation then let’s get back to an appreciation of the institutions that have made us such a desirable destination for so many millions. More than that, let’s reclaim from the tyranny of multicultural discourse the right to demand that potential new citizens also appreciate them and the values that animate them.

Stephen Chavura lectures in politics and history at Macquarie University and Campion College.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/cultural-background-of-citizens-is-legit...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #298 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Frank wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:25pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm:

An apostate, perhaps.

Islam is not your mate Abdul.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  English is your second language, isn't it, Soren?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #299 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:58pm

Quote:
Is racism encouraged?

At the moment about 25% of the first 20 topics are racially based and 20% of the 50 most recent topics.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print