Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Is racism encouraged? (Read 22895 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Is racism encouraged?
Reply #210 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:43pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:48am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:36am:
You've painted yourself into a corner here.

And you didn't answer the question.

But that aside, I do agree that those who choose to migrate here should adopt our culture, I made that clear. 

Well, you didn't need a lot of scratching to be revealed as being the same self-contradictory and superficial Vicky Pollard as the rest of them. With further points deducted for being a long-winded and self-contradictory Vicky.

You tried on the 'we have no culture', then it was 'borrowed culture' then it's 'they should adopt our culture'.

I can only credit you for the quickest climb down.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #211 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:56pm

I'm just saying however, if A Current Affair for example stopped me in the street and shoved a camera in my face, asked me the same question then followed that up with "So if you think they should adopt our culture, what is our culture that they should adopt", I'd be hard up to answer it without looking like an ignorant fool.

Too much Guardian, Fairfax and ABC and Waleed Ali, I say. You have been going along with what you thought are your betters so as to not think about who YOU actually are.

Australia has one of the world's oldest constitutions. Such political and social and cultural stability doesn't come from a lack of culture, a lack of identity, a lack of self-awareness even if you, in your ignorance, would be hard pressed to articulate where it comes from.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #212 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:08pm

Frank wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:43pm:

But that aside, I do agree that those who choose to migrate here should adopt our culture, I made that clear. 

Well, you didn't need a lot of scratching to be revealed as being the same self-contradictory and superficial Vicky Pollard as the rest of them. With further points deducted for being a long-winded and self-contradictory Vicky.

You tried on the 'we have no culture', then it was 'borrowed culture' then it's 'they should adopt our culture'.

As you can see, Sad, the old boy's new to our ways. As an upwardly aspiring new Australian, he's yet to learn our relaxed, egalitarian ethos.

We've all tried to help the old boy loosen his sphincter muscles, to no avail. The old boy still carries unexploded stool from WWII.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:08pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:32am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:08pm:
The problem is that we have Australians who are so eager to ingratiate with foreigners for the presumed gratitude and approval this elicits from them that they won't be satisfied until Australian society resembles an international airport lounge - which is pretty much what Sydney looks like today.

But you're assuming that we have a long standing culture of our own.

That's precisely what we do have, as derived from Britain and Ireland.

The bones of Australia's core culture came over from the UK and is many hundreds of years old, and is pretty much why countries of the Anglo-sphere are the success story that they are today, and why over 300 different foreign nationalities have for the past 100 years or so been abandoning their ancient homelands to join the Brits in their various colonies and in their various guises.

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
I've had trouble getting people to even tell me what they consider "Australian Cuisine" let alone culture.

I see you bought the whole package - the whole nine yards of self-negation, self-belittlement, self-immolation, self-effacement, and self-flagellation as a White generational Australian, and most probably have cultivated this nihilist Anglo-Australian posture in order to ingratiate with, and garner the gratitude of, the Third World foreigners who now live among us in their millions.

In this you are certainly not alone, and is a core feature of Leftwing social ideology where immigrants are concerned.

Instead of rhetorically asking others to explain what Australian culture is and what is our cuisine, why not go one better and work these things out for yourself with a positive attitude rather than with a defeatist attitude that you would very well know will win you the gratitude and smiling approval of your ethnic friends?

You need to get off your knees, become emotionally independent of ethnic approval, and start standing up for your own generational heritage and success story.

The passive-receptive ploy for winning friends among our ethnic neighbours and acquaintances is the easiest of all strategies for winning cheap popularity, with meanwhile the hardest being to promote your own cultural heritage as proudly and loudly just as much as they do at every opportunity.

Don't be a wimp when it comes to facing down boastful ethnics with your own tool-box of Australian cultural and kitchen credits to be proud of.

I started working with ethnics of different nationalities in the immigrant factories of Sydney in 1962, with nearly all of them being smaller in stature than your average Australian. Years later I worked with their sons and daughters who were 6-footers and over because they ate 'Australian food' ... with plenty of meat-and-three-veggies ... and not the goat's cheese, rabbit greens, pasta, and tomatoes their antecedents grew up on.

Posing as a self-belittling white Anglo-Aussie with a bended knee to ethnic culture and cuisine may win you some cheap applause from your ethnic friends to begin with, but this attitude doesn't last, and soon turns into contempt for your betrayal of your own people and your own heritage - as it means you are not to be trusted by them either.

Just so.

Cultural confidence is nor racist, it's not bigoted, especially when it's confidence about an evidently better culture, such as Australia's compared to most immigrants' cultures.

A funny thing - people from culturally compatible countries have a much higher regard for Australia than people from culturally distant countries, many if not most being cultural wastelands and/or hell-holes. Many such people will never forgive Australia for not being  hell-hole also. Muslims figure significantly in this cohort. They can't forgive kuffars for being better than what Muslim have been able to achieve.
It's like the joke: the Germans will never forgive the Jews for Auschwitz.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #214 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:12pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:08pm:

As you can see, Sad, the old boy's new to our ways. As an upwardly aspiring new Australian, he's yet to learn our relaxed, egalitarian ethos.

We've all tried to help the old boy loosen his sphincter muscles, to no avail. The old boy still carries unexploded stool from WWII.

There you go, Sad Kangaroo, this is the kind of intellectual ally you have - a Marx and Foucault reading Pakistani pederast. He is your cultural ally and champion.

Sad Kangaroo, indeed.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:26pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Valkie wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:20pm:
Islam is not a race...........it is a political CULT

I stand by this statement.
I dont care what colour, race or where you are from, it matters not.

Perhaps my rant being big enough to necessitate 2 posts scared you away from reading it.

The racism that I was referring to was straight up racism.  Nothing to do with religion or Islam.  That's a type of bigotry all of it's own.  You seem to be the only one arguing this and you're arguing with yourself.

The Muslim faith is a tricky subject.  It's complicated at best.  I personally have a problem with all religion and especially those who indoctrinate the weak with it, and those who take it a step further and use it to control others, radicalise the brainwashed and commit atrocities in it's name.

For centuries throughout our history this was done by all religions, including Christianity.  They had somewhat of a re-branding with the New Testament, but there are still plenty of Old Testament people who use that to justify ridiculous claims such as a Husband cannot rape his wife because in the eyes of the lord, in marriage she does not have the right to refuse her body to her husband or the justification of slavery, even some of the horrible things we see in the Christian African nations when it comes to homosexuals.

Some say Islam is no worse than other religions, but I can't agree with that either.  If people took a literal interpretation of the Christian books and it was enforced as the law of the land, such as Sharia Law, and there were no secular balance things would be horrible, but a different kind of horrible.

Thankfully like Christianity, the majority of educated practicing Muslims pick and choose what parts of their texts they adhere to and in the western world, they reject those that would put them in jail if they didn't.

But it took Christianity/Catholicism centuries to get where they are now from their "dark ages" and they're still full of kiddie fiddlers and men trying to hole power over women.  An enlightened society comes from education and understanding.  Taking an uninformed stance against Islam or any religion is, on a philosophical level, no better than those extremists who commit horrific acts in the name of an extreme interpretation of any given faith.

(Obviously in the real world, the two cannot be compared)

I've read both Testaments and an english translation of the Quran and while I feel "more informed", I still only have part of the story, part of the picture.  It's what people who abuse their interpretations of it that cause the most damage that I have the greatest knowledge gaps. 

You could cherry pick and take all the good for the Quran, live you life by those rules and you would be one of the better people in the world.

But when you have people calling for the death of those who draw their prophet, or stone women accused of being adulterous, the key is what those in a position of "religious power" abuse their texts and push their ideas of control of others and this only highlights the complexity of the issues.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Islam a cult no more than I would call any other religion a cult, BUT, the extremists who try to justify their actions with religion, they and their followers/indoctrinated are acting whether willingly or unknowingly as a political cult much like how you've described it.

But those who practice their faith and are good people far outweigh the extremists.  We should be empowering them, especially the women, to speak out against the extremists, not bundling them all together in such an ignorant fashion.  That will only make things worse.

Quote:
I will get a short post from Bwyannnn calling me a islamaphobe and telling people to move along.
This is simply because he cannot dispute the truth, so its fingers in the ears and na na na na na na

I won't call you an islamaphobe and I honestly believe your position comes from a genuine concern, but you could certainly benefit from informing yourself better on the subject and not take such a primitive stance on such a complex issue.

Again however, that is not the topic of this thread.

Unfortunately, on topic, if this thread was a honeypot to prove or disprove the original question, that being do these forums, their mods and their owners encourage racism, given some of the outright hate and vitriol posted and let remain in this thread alone, I'm worried for what the answer may be.

Cheeses, you must be lonely!! Who would listen to all this hot air??

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #216 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:44pm

Grin

He didn't use a ladder - he used a fireman's pole to hit the floor running to the nearest kebab shop.

This 'We have no culture' rationalisation for capitulating to mass immigration after WWII has been the first refuge of self-annihilating cowards in every country of the Anglosphere.

Check out the British, American, and Australian literature of past and present.

Check out the music, semi-classic and bogan.

The theatre plays and movies.

The dance and sport.

The social ethics and etiquette.

The national ethos.

The political arena.

These are all our Anglo/Celtic heritage in Australia, with a lot of 'mongrel' and larrikin thrown in to keep us from all going gay ...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #217 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:57pm

Australia has a culture, its called a Multiculture, Herbie and Soren.

Australian colonial culture is a subculture of that Multiculture.   Just as are all the other subcultures.

Australian Multiculture is a mixture of all the subcultures.   All subcultures are equal.   Time to catch up with the 21st century Australian society, boys and girls.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #218 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:49am:
Valkie wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:20pm:
Islam is not a race...........it is a political CULT

I stand by this statement.
I dont care what colour, race or where you are from, it matters not.

But I do oppose the brutal, primitive and political invasion of a CULT that takes everything but gives nothing back
It demands respect, but gives no respect

There is a difference between race and religion
and the CULT uses this tiny loophole to justify its barbarity, primitive practices and its isolationist practices.

Why do you think that this CULT attracts all of the worst kinds of people?
Criminals, pedophiles, murderers, sociopaths, you name it and they flock to this CULT.

The evidence is there to see, except that the islamophiles either refuse to see it or deliberately avoid it because it does not fit in with their agenda.

Look at Australia as an example.
In our gaols we have islamic conscription in a big way.
We have schools dedicated to islamic codes, including ignorance to women and radicalism.
We have isolationist practices and pack rapes by gangs of CULTISTS.
We see protests, over anything and everything, and always calling for murder, beheading and sharia law.
We have our laws ignored and our courts insulted
We have a higher rate of welfare fraud by these people and recently a whole range of insurance fraud.
Hell, we even have a crime squad dedicated to these people, for such a small number, they really make themselves felt don't they?

Racist, bullshite, this is a tool used by the CULT as a get out of gaol card, a way to justify their many fails.
And who is more bigoted than the CULT?
Noone, thats who.
In the countries ruled by the CULT there are no other religions tolerated, isnt that racism?????
Genocide, ethnic and religious cleansing, this is the CULT

And if you have trouble believing that its not political.
Just look at the recent election in a certain country where the CULT brought up some trumped up blasphemy charges so it could win and get in charge.

Look around, see what is happening around the world.
Not everyone sees the CULT as a good thing, in fact many are sorely sorry they even encountered it.

I will get a short post from Bwyannnn calling me a islamaphobe and telling people to move along.
This is simply because he cannot dispute the truth, so its fingers in the ears and na na na na na na

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Just move along folks, move along.  Nothing new here, just the same old tired Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Ta da.......
The child awaketh.

Islamophile

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #219 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 9:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:57pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You stupid, deranged old hag! Where does 'Multiculture' come from, you demented old biddy?

What are its cultural manifestations, its philosophy, art, poetry, architecture, literature, shared history, customs, habits, unspoken shared bonds, revered and shared roots?

To muse like sad old kangaroo bollocks - is it home grown, is it inherited, is it adopted?

Multicultural - whatever you want it to mean, whatever you want to EXCLUDE from meaning it - it is the mindless idiot's alpha and omega. You will start there, you will go through every argument rejecting its validity, and you will STILL end up there.  Multiculti is the position for those like you who have grown tired of thinking and of life and have become, in the process, resentful of who and what they are.

You are culturally and personally sick and dying, Brian, and you just trying to make a virtue out of resignation to being insignificant an pointless.

Well, f Vck you, Brian, I am not passing on your morbid, evil idiocy to my sons. You are dying, they are the future.

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 9:40pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #220 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 9:23pm

Not including kitchen recipes, Brian, which Third World immigrant culture do you enjoy in your home?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #221 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:18pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm:
Ta da.......
The child awaketh.

Islamophile

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Move along folks, nothing of interest here, nothing at all.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #222 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:19pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 9:23pm:
Not including kitchen recipes, Brian, which Third World immigrant culture do you enjoy in your home?

All of them, Herbie.  I watch SBS.    Wink

Which ones do you enjoy?  British?  Chinese?  Raj?   

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #223 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:21pm

Frank wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 9:17pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You stupid, deranged old hag! Where does 'Multiculture' come from, you demented old biddy?

What are its cultural manifestations, its philosophy, art, poetry, architecture, literature, shared history, customs, habits, unspoken shared bonds, revered and shared roots?

To muse like sad old kangaroo bollocks - is it home grown, is it inherited, is it adopted?

Multicultural - whatever you want it to mean, whatever you want to EXCLUDE from meaning it - it is the mindless idiot's alpha and omega. You will start there, you will go through every argument rejecting its validity, and you will STILL end up there.  Multiculti is the position for those like you who have grown tired of thinking and of life and have become, in the process, resentful of who and what they are.

You are culturally and personally sick and dying, Brian, and you just trying to make a virtue out of resignation to being insignificant an pointless.

Well, f Vck you, Brian, I am not passing on your morbid, evil idiocy to my sons. You are dying, they are the future.

Move along folks, move along, it's just the same old, tired bigotry from Soren.  Nothing of interest to see here.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #224 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:54am

Australian colonial culture is a subculture of that Multiculture.   Just as are all the other subcultures.

Australian Multiculture is a mixture of all the subcultures.   All subcultures are equal.   Time to catch up with the 21st century Australian society, boys and girls.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Naivety or left-wing posturing? The latter I suspect.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Send Topic Print