Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Is racism encouraged? (Read 22913 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Is racism encouraged?
Reply #165 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:42pm

rhino wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:45pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:30pm:

Charity shops aren't government benefits either, Herbie. 

Sure they are, Abos are given vouchers to spend in these shops.

By the government?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:49pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
Charity shops aren't government benefits either, Herbie.

Oh yes they are when the goods are paid for from cradle-to-grave government benefits.

Nor is the police using negotiation to avoid a riot'.

"... to avoid a riot".

The BBC Lefty who was reporting this Blacks on the Rampage event said "the riot police could do little" .... which was utter baloney and a case of deliberate misreporting.

For 9 hours the line of Riot Police were ordered not to advance or respond in any way.

An example of modern policing. Police don't like to send the riot squad in against football hooligans these days either.

I'm still curious. How is the police response to threats against public order a government benefit?

And what specific cradle to the grave government benefits are only available to Darkie?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #167 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 2:09am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:41am:
Quote:
Science has shown conclusively through DNA that there are indeed separate races. Aboriginals are mixed with Denisovian, Africans have no Neanderthal admixture, Whites do have Neanderthal DNA.

That is not true. If there was Neanderthal DNA, then white people would not be able to breed with other races of people, such as African or Aboriginal. White people, though, have shown to have had the most evolution of the entire human race in the last 30,000 years.

Really? Evidence please...   Roll Eyes

You should take Rhino's advice and google it. Neanderthals died off long ago, and homosapiens have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Evolving throughout Europe as the surroundings change and force the people's genetics to adapt to the climate.

700 years ago, Europeans developed an immune system that could withstand what people in other regions today would struggle to overcome.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #168 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:03pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 2:09am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:41am:
Quote:
Science has shown conclusively through DNA that there are indeed separate races. Aboriginals are mixed with Denisovian, Africans have no Neanderthal admixture, Whites do have Neanderthal DNA.

That is not true. If there was Neanderthal DNA, then white people would not be able to breed with other races of people, such as African or Aboriginal. White people, though, have shown to have had the most evolution of the entire human race in the last 30,000 years.

Really? Evidence please...   Roll Eyes

You should take Rhino's advice and google it. Neanderthals died off long ago, and homosapiens have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Evolving throughout Europe as the surroundings change and force the people's genetics to adapt to the climate.

700 years ago, Europeans developed an immune system that could withstand what people in other regions today would struggle to overcome.

Want to bet on that?

I remember travelling through India many years ago when the passenger on the train beside me noticed me watching some kids in a paddy field.  "If you drank that water like they are, you'd be dead in a day or two."   Their resistance is many times higher to diseases we have all but eliminated from our societies.  Disease resistance is evolutionary but on a micro-scale, not the macro which is what is being discussed here.   Individuals develop it, societies develop it but they also lose it once the disease is eliminated from the environment.

No one has developed an evolutionary resistance to Plague, to Rabies, to Smallpox, etc. UnSubRocky.   Vaccination has helped but it is an artificial resistance, introduced artificially into our species from outside.    Today we are facing the anti-Vaxxers who want to destroy that.

800 years ago, the environment was dirty, unhygienic and rife with diseases we have largely eliminated from our purvey.  We have cleaned up our homes, our workplaces and ourselves.   It has had little if anything to do with "evolution" as Darwin defined it.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:47am by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #169 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm

Strap yourselves in for a long read...

Ok... flap me...

So I only just stumbled upon this thread and I had no idea my honest question to the mods would spark this.

To start I will try to make my position on the matter clear.  We are a progressive society and as such we should not be controlling ideas or thoughts.  Debate is important and we need informed debate if we're ever going to continue to advance as a people, not just Australians but the Human Race in general.  Not to drag things off topic but some of the PC culture by the perpetually butthurt in universities etc is just ridiculous.

That said, there is a point in debate and exchanging of ideas where language and context starts to put an end to what would be considered debate and the protections of such end.

Now I've just finished reading all the posts in this thread and at least my original intention for asking the question wasn't to spark this sort of "debate" but more so to get a better understanding of these boards.  I had wondered if I had stumbled onto a place on the internet where racism is condoned and promoted, because rules aside, that's what this place seems like.  It was an honest question to the mods.

As I said, I’ve just finished reading this thread and boy did this degrade and fast...

It seems this thread has attracted those who get angry when they're called a racist because they use racial slurs or people misrepresent their hatred and bigotry towards a certain religious followers as racism.

Then they go on to play some sort of pseudo intellectual thought experiment to legitimise their hate by claiming there is only a "human race" therefore one can’t be a “racist” and Islam is not a race, therefore I can say and do what I like and I'm not a racist.

Then there are people saying they want to have sex with women of another race so they can't be racist, while using racial slurs in the same post?  There are so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to begin...

How warped are you bloody people..!?

All the people getting triggered and trying to defend themselves or laughing of all the times they've been called a racist, you can't honestly think you're not a acist right?  Sure, there are some people that throw that label around all too often that it loses all meaning, but the language, the intent and the context of how many of the people in this thread post, it’s smacking racist as hell!

Like you're not that deep into the echo chamber with the people you surround yourself with that you're so racist you can't even see it?

How bloody stupid or inbred are you people!?

I’m not going to address everything because I’ll get enough hate as it is, and to be honest there is just far too much going on, but,

Amadd wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:39am:
It's funny that these imported black people try to goad me with their imagined supremacy in the workplace. They say "where are you now whitey?".

I say, "You're still working for me boy". In two weeks I'm going to spend six months on the best island in the world at your expense black person.
Suck it down and work smacking hard for me boy. I have shares that require tending to. Like I say to all the other childish supremacists.

Fighting racism with racism, that's racist...

Valkie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
Valkie wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
Now repeat after me.
To ...be...a...race...it ...must....be ...a ...race.

To...be...a ...racist....you...have...to ....hate ....a ....race.

Islam....is ....not.....a....race, ....it ....is....simply.....a.....cult

Valkie i was talking about bog-standard racism, not Islamophobia. Don't you feel just a little but silly now?

You know, the kind of racism you yourself exhibit when you refer to Indonesians as "monkeys".

No, not silly at all if you cant enunciate adequately

As for indonesians, it is an accurate description, what is the problem?

Being oblivious to your own racism or not realising you’re using racial slurs is no excuse Val.

Valkie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
But what this thread is about is justification of labeling those with issue with the CULT as racist.

That certainly wasn’t my original intent with asking the question, but it seems to be the MO for most people to excuse their hate and bigotry around here.  Classic deflection.

aquascoot wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:51am:
there is a reason why blondes are less intelligent.

Scoot, you’re one of the most messed up people on here with the most bizarre world views I’ve encountered in all my years that I’m just going to give you a wide berth here…  I’ve heard enough about alpha males and your take on women.  It does however point to some serious issues that I know the thought of seeking help is what a “fat steve” would do, but before you neck yourself when you can no longer cut it being such a manly man and all, please get help.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #170 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:41pm

Cont...

Frank wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:35pm:
What is the difference between races, then, turd? And why is it racist to notice them, if they exist,  stinker?

You reveal yourself to be completely out of your depth the moment you utter anything, turd.

You're trying to use science you don't understand to give you an excuse to hate on differing ethnic groups.  I think you've misjudged who is out of their depth

Gordon wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 10:04pm:
I work with every race imaginable. I'm working with a curryshitter client on Tuesday.....top bloke.  I eat in Muslim restaurants,  Ive rooted women from just about every race and even worked in a muzzo country ffs!

I’m not racist, but “curryshitter”, “Muzzo” etc etc…  Good one.  Nice approach to women to.

I’ve lived and worked for many year in Singapore.  They have a very diverse people with different ethnicities, religions and hierarchy.  I’ve seen the good and the bad, but as a white man, an Australian white man some more, I was not in the “controlling group”.  Most of my fellow Australians that I encountered there gave us a terrible name.  Our reputation, minus that of our armed service men and women (when on duty at least) isn’t worth much due to our own actions abroad.

Here at home, we can treat other like poo, marginalise and publicly hate on people of different ethnic backgrounds or faiths often sparked by or at least fueled by the media and unless someone has a camera we generally get away with it.  Try that in somewhere like Singapore and you’re in trouble.  There are too many Australians that are mistaken into to thinking far to highly of ourselves. 

And I’m not trying to be unAustralian or “check your privilege” nonsense, and like any diverse culture there are ways, there are thing we do better, but it’s not everything and we all have a lot to learn. 

To those who have the option, I would love to see almost a requirement that before someone starts University or TAFE/apprenticeship, they take a gap year and live and work abroad, especially in some of our neighbouring countries in SE Asia. 

Australia is at risk of becoming a giant backwards echo chamber watching the world progress while we are so easily manipulated into worrying about head scarves or Halal certification on Vegemite or Easter Eggs…

There is no point in being racist for the sake of it, just like there is no point in calling anyone you don’t agree with when the topic involves Islam or an ethnic group a racist, but both happens in the real world and it certainly happens here too.

I live in Queensland, the further north and inland you go, the less informed and more racist people are.  The populist nationalist movement is preying on that to try and legitimise this nonsense and make it mainstream and it will only set us backwards.  It might make the ignorant sleep better at night, but it achieves nothing positive in the long term.

That said, this is all delving a little too far off the intended topic, at least of my thread in the feedback forum (link).  The more I read, the more it seems that this has become a place where entitled middle aged and older white men come to complain about the brown people, or the <insert racial slur here>. 

The rules make it clear that this was never the intention of the board, but the moderation and enforcement of the rules is counter to that, hence my original question.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #171 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:45pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #172 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:15pm

x2

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #173 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:15pm:

x3 ... but with a few things I would argue with. Good rant. Well done.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #174 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:20pm

Islam is not a race...........it is a political CULT

I stand by this statement.
I dont care what colour, race or where you are from, it matters not.

But I do oppose the brutal, primitive and political invasion of a CULT that takes everything but gives nothing back
It demands respect, but gives no respect

There is a difference between race and religion
and the CULT uses this tiny loophole to justify its barbarity, primitive practices and its isolationist practices.

Why do you think that this CULT attracts all of the worst kinds of people?
Criminals, pedophiles, murderers, sociopaths, you name it and they flock to this CULT.

The evidence is there to see, except that the islamophiles either refuse to see it or deliberately avoid it because it does not fit in with their agenda.

Look at Australia as an example.
In our gaols we have islamic conscription in a big way.
We have schools dedicated to islamic codes, including ignorance to women and radicalism.
We have isolationist practices and pack rapes by gangs of CULTISTS.
We see protests, over anything and everything, and always calling for murder, beheading and sharia law.
We have our laws ignored and our courts insulted
We have a higher rate of welfare fraud by these people and recently a whole range of insurance fraud.
Hell, we even have a crime squad dedicated to these people, for such a small number, they really make themselves felt don't they?

Racist, bullshite, this is a tool used by the CULT as a get out of gaol card, a way to justify their many fails.
And who is more bigoted than the CULT?
Noone, thats who.
In the countries ruled by the CULT there are no other religions tolerated, isnt that racism?????
Genocide, ethnic and religious cleansing, this is the CULT

And if you have trouble believing that its not political.
Just look at the recent election in a certain country where the CULT brought up some trumped up blasphemy charges so it could win and get in charge.

Look around, see what is happening around the world.
Not everyone sees the CULT as a good thing, in fact many are sorely sorry they even encountered it.

I will get a short post from Bwyannnn calling me a islamaphobe and telling people to move along.
This is simply because he cannot dispute the truth, so its fingers in the ears and na na na na na na

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:09pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:41pm:
Cont...

Frank wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:35pm:
What is the difference between races, then, turd? And why is it racist to notice them, if they exist,  stinker?

You reveal yourself to be completely out of your depth the moment you utter anything, turd.

You're trying to use science you don't understand to give you an excuse to hate on differing ethnic groups.  I think you've misjudged who is out of their depth

This is a stupid argument, this pseudo-science stuff.

You do not need science to realise that people are different.  And no matter how many times silly arses like Aussie or Brian repeat that 'race is not scientific', race remains a cultural and ethnic and social reality

There are evident differences between the cultures, customs, values etc of various ethnic groups and many of these significant differences map onto ethnicity.  The hutus and the tutsis massacred each other along ethic lines, the Burmese and the Bagladeshis are doing the same. The Sudanese immigrants are completely different to the Chinese or the Japanese. Greeks are not Germans, Arabs are not Jews. Indians are awful to the Africans.

It's no good for immigrants expecting the locals to be sensitive to their ways, immigrants must be even more sensitive to the ways and expectations of locals. Flouting, or even being unaware of your incompatible ways will not win you friends, EVEN if you shout 'racism' every time your ways are not accepted or liked. You don't need to grow a stupid bears and put your wife in a niqab to be unacceptable to most people. You can put on a suit but if you still smell of stale curry on the morning commute, you have not fitted in. Salim Mehajer may have money and and not smell of curry, but he still just doesn't fit in.

Successful immigrants make a massive effort to assimilate. The ones who do not make an effort tend to blame everyone else and relish their supposed 'victimhood'.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:24pm

Anyway,

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #177 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:41pm:
I live in Queensland, the further north and inland you go, the less informed and more racist people are.  The populist nationalist movement is preying on that to try and legitimise this nonsense and make it mainstream and it will only set us backwards.  It might make the ignorant sleep better at night, but it achieves nothing positive in the long term.

Why is it OK to encourage ethnic immigrants to keep their own culture but not your white Queenslanders, who also want to keep their own white Australian culture?

And if it's OK to piss on them as 'racists and ignorant', why not piss on every other ethnic group that wants to keep its own culture?

Why is it it OK to have ethnic identity but not a nationalist Australian identity?

Every identity is encouraged except the main one. Why?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #178 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:07pm

Frank wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
Why is it OK to encourage ethnic immigrants to keep their own culture but not your white Queenslanders, who also want to keep their own white Australian culture?

If you think white Australians "ethnic identity" is to be intolerant and racist then I'd only be wasting my time trying to explain how utterly stupid the notion of your false equivalency is.

That said, if someone is choosing to live here and be an Australian they should be expected to integrate into our society, but there should always be a place for them to keep their culture and their beliefs so long as they are within the law (aka no child brides, multiple wives, prevention of girls being educated etc).

There is a sane middle ground, you don't always have to assume those who don't agree with you are as far off the scale as you are, but in the opposite direction...

Quote:
Why is it it OK to have ethnic identity but not a nationalist Australian identity?

Every identity is encouraged except the main one. Why?

I think you're projecting your own fears and insecurities to the greater population.

Edit: Left out quote
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:13pm by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #179 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:07pm

Quote:

How many links to Turdfull telling us we are the most successful multicultural Country on the Planet would you like, even right up to and including today?

Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print