Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Does OzPol care about blatant racism and trolling? (Read 19705 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Does OzPol care about blatant racism and trolling?
Reply #120 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 8:46am

Nobody likes being mocked, but if someone is being racist I'm not going to give them any protection from being mocked.

They're fair game.

I don't see why they get any special treatment given their actions towards others.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #121 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 8:53am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 5:36am:
rhino wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:09pm:
the worst offender is Karnal. But nobody picks him up on it, kind of strange. Valkie and Panther are just your garden variety idiots, Karnals level of racism and bigotry is much more sophisticated. of course , i dont forget agnes that another poster here has described me as having a "black heart".

Karnal trolls those who are being racist by posting like them to shine a light on their stupidity since clearly, the mods don't care about the rules of the forum.

But they're too dense to spot the troll.

It doesn't make the use of the language any better, but the intent is different, if that means anything in this day and age.

ok I wondered about that - so he is actually doing Ozpol a service by bringing it to our attention-  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:37am by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:45am

the worst offender is Karnal. But nobody picks him up on it, kind of strange. Valkie and Panther are just your garden variety idiots, Karnals level of racism and bigotry is much more sophisticated. of course , i dont forget agnes that another poster here has described me as having a "black heart".

Karnal trolls those who are being racist by posting like them to shine a light on their stupidity since clearly, the mods don't care about the rules of the forum.

It doesn't make the use of the language any better, but the intent is different, if that means anything in this day and age.

Good to know, calling people boongs, sand niggrahs, porch monkeys, is all ok so long as someone on your behalf can point to a claimed subtext and it is for the right reasons, after all, I have only your explanation that that is why Karnal does it. Maybe you are reading intents into Karnals posts that don't exist?  I am sure others will defend Karnal as well, but that is to be expected in a tribal forum and flying monkeys. 

Of course there then comes another subject about the nature of offence and derogatory descriptions, who owns the offence, the left is famously offended on behalf of others, is it legitimate for any one else to feel offence on the behalf of others, maybe they are too dense to see the troll?  What if a boong was too dense, would it still be a troll or would it then be offensive, presumably then becoming inoffensive after someone intelligent explains to the dense boong it's actually not racist to call an indigenous person a boong so long as it is just a light to shine on racism.   Whoooo, that's almost sub-sub textual. 

I agree that difference of intent matters, so I can have fun with that, I can start using similar derogatory words but mine will be a subtle metatextual on derogatory words being permissable for certain members. And it won't be my problem if you are too dense to spot the troll.

PS, I usually let the word filter do its own thing and don't bother getting around it, but in this instance I used the n word and it changed it to black people, so now I know why Karnal changes it to niggrahs.

I felt happy to do so, after all precedent has been set many many times that evading the swear filter is permissible, even Aussie the hall monitor does it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:47am

Agnes wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 8:53am:

ok I wondered about that - so he is actually doing Ozpol a service by bringing it to our attention-  Roll Eyes

Yes, I think he is.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:49am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:47am:

Yes, I think he is.

I too will join Karnal in this honourable quest of using as many racist terms as I possibly can.  Ohhhhh, I can almost feel the virtue signalling goodness of it all.  Smiley

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #125 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:54am

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:45am:

Good to know, calling people boongs, sand niggrahs, porch monkeys, is all ok so long as someone on your behalf can point to a claimed subtext and it is for the right reasons, after all, I have only your explanation that that is why Karnal does it.

Please see my next post where I clarified my point if you're not just grandstanding trying to justify your own use of these slurs.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #126 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:56am

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:49am:

Yes, I think he is.

I too will join Karnal in this honourable quest of using as many racist terms as I possibly can.  Ohhhhh, I can almost feel the virtue signalling goodness of it all.  Smiley

We know the type of person you already are sweetie.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #127 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:05am

Quote:
I felt happy to do so, after all precedent has been set many many times that evading the swear filter is permissible, even Aussie the hall monitor does it.

Nope.  It has been explained to me this way.

Imagine "duck' was a banned word, and the filter changed it to 'muck.'

It would not be an evasion of the filter to post 'duq you.'

However, it would be an evasion (for which Monk was banned) if you posted 'D_U_C_K you.'

Clear?

(It wasn't and isn't to me either, but that was the explanation.)

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:05am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:56am:

Yes, I think he is.

Thank you for confirming my point, some boongs good, some boongs bad, depends on who says it, and that is you assuming Karnals motives are pure.  More of that subtext again. It's not the principle, it's the side, and the offended is only free to be offended if they don't understand that Karnal is just highlighting racism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:18am

so it will be ok to use the term ROCK SPIDER when describing someone.. usually a white person...when we are not permitted to use the P word...

got it..

every rule is made knowing full well it will be broken, sooner rather than later....

makes you wonder why they bother doesnt it?. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:19am

Valkie wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 5:40pm:
When one looks at it

Black is bad

Therefore the darker the person

The badder they getz

We could solve so many problems simply by keeping the darkies away from us civilized whites.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:20am

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:05am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:56am:

Yes, I think he is.

Thank you for confirming my point, some boongs good, some boongs bad, depends on who says it, and that is you assuming Karnals motives are pure.  More of that subtext again. It's not the principle, it's the side, and the offended is only free to be offended if they don't understand that Karnal is just highlighting racism. 

it appears to be so. sadly...

wonder where fd draws the line??... Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:22am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:19am:
[quote author=Valkie link=1547014138/133#133 date=1547451612]When one looks at it

Black is bad

Therefore the darker the person

The badder they getz

We could solve so many problems simply by keeping the darkies away from us civilized whites.

[/quote]

why the need to shove that in our face greg?...

by doing that you encourage more of the same...because he knows you have taken notice.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:44am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 8:10am:
cods wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 7:54am:

in your opinion..

not so in others..

to use the word boongs freely   is humourat someone elses expense.....no that isnt humour to me.....

I'm the same. 

Quote:
to see that word in print would be more than painful to many..... I am sure he woujd not get away with using the N word in America under the guise of humour...no matter what...... Angry

and neither he should.....and the same goes for words like he uses......as mock satire...

it doesnt work if you are on the receiving end I can assure you! Angry Angry Angry Angry

We're in agreement.  The usage of these words even if the intent is to troll those with ill-intent is still just a different shade of brown in the spectrum of poo that is racism.

I'm glad he's targeting those people who want to invoke the full meaning of those words, but I can't agree with how he's doing it.
Lol, so what you are saying is that he trolls people who would like to use these pejoratives but dont use them, so he uses them instead to bring their alleged wanting to use them to our attention. Hes just a one man Minority Report then isnt he? Its actually called gaslighting and its a common manipulation technique used by those with a personality disorder which urges them to control others.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #134 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 12:59pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:35pm:
The Reboot wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:31pm:
No.

So you're saying that I can't call someone a 'suchnsuch' because of some past event that didn't agree with many things in the world I have to live in?
But you think that I should say what someone else says - upon pain of death?

So you mute the simple truth, and tell the elaborate lie?

That wasn't directed at you.

It was 'no' to the question of whether OzPol gives a toss about racism and trolling.

It's pretty obvious  Grin but that's what I like about the place. Seems we have a lot of freedumb of speech (unless we sh1t a moderator off and they ban us).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print