Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Does OzPol care about blatant racism and trolling? (Read 19626 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Does OzPol care about blatant racism and trolling?
Apr 16th, 2017 at 5:26pm

I've read the forum rules and I notice that many on here don't bother to follow them, especially when it comes to being racist when the topic isn't even about race.

Is there any enforcement of the rules or are they merely a formality in running a forum?

Is it safe to assume that those who moderate or even own the forum condone that kind of activity which is why it goes unmoderated?

Thanks.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Does OzPol care about blatant racism and trolling?
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 12:40am

Not in the slightest.

I am constantly amazed at the regular displays of pig-ignorant racism and Islamophobia on this site.

I honestly don't understand how they are not ashamed by association with each other.

I mean, if any of them agreed with me on anything, i would be mortified.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:40pm

At the very least the endless muslim bashing threads should be moved from the "General board" to one of the member run boards (islam or multiculturalism & Race). Other threads get moved so there should be some consistency shown. Too many Muslim bashing threads are polluting the General Board

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:48pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
I've read the forum rules and I notice that many on here don't bother to follow them, especially when it comes to being racist when the topic isn't even about race

It's terrible isn't it, I bought a bag of jellybeans for the kids and for some reason nobody wanted to eat the black ones.

Why do kids avoid black jellybeans?

Are you one of these idiots who thinks muslims are a race of people, can I change my race by reciting the shahada?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:16am

There are rules?  I'm amazed, I've always assumed there were none after the way in which certain people continually behave.   Racism/Xenophobia/Islamophobia are rife and they seem to get upset when I identify them as such.  Tsk, tsk, if they want to get nasty, oh, well...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:43am

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:48pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
I've read the forum rules and I notice that many on here don't bother to follow them, especially when it comes to being racist when the topic isn't even about race

It's terrible isn't it, I bought a bag of jellybeans for the kids and for some reason nobody wanted to eat the black ones.

Are you one of these idiots who thinks muslims are a race of people, can I change my race by reciting the shahada?

I will never ever accept Islam as a nation. It's just another faulty religion.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:42am

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:48pm:

I appreciate your input Baronvonrort, but, it's not that type of idiocy I was referring to.  To be clear, the "idiocy" I mean in my last statement is not that people confuse a faith with a race, but that people think they can excuse their bigotry and hate towards people of a certain faith because someone calls it racism.  That's not a valid defense. 

I personally understand the difference between a religion and a race but I also understand what bigotry is, but again, this isn't what I was referring to with my original question.

You have every right to be a bigot and express those feelings, just don't pretend to be a victim when you're held accountable for it, but since I believe that was just another example of the attempted deflection and offtopic distraction away from a thread's original topic, you've kind of displayed some of what I'm asking about.

There are blatant racial slurs targeting Asians, Indigenous Australians, African Americans etc most often directed as personal attacks towards other posters to avoid dealing with the points they've raised.  Threads get dragged off topic and then those being racist try to turn it around and painting themselves as the victim, it's all a mess.

I just wanted some clarity as to which rules matter since enforcement seems random and some rules look to exist only in case someone goes too far and the authorities get involved as a sort of indemnity to the board owner/mods.

I try not to bash people's ears in the real world by talking politics all the time and I thought this could be an outlet to do so.  I checked the rules before joining and thought it seemed like a good match.  This place wouldn't be overly moderated, I could be exposed to views of others I don't agree with and would probably not get in the circles I'm in "irl" but I wasn't expecting to see so much blatant racism, homophobia and rather than an exchange of ideas, petty childish attacks on posters using the aforementioned.  That all seems counter to the rules, but it happens en masse.

Hence wanting to know if it happens because perhaps the board has grown larger than the current mods can handle, or if this is simply condoned by them and the owner even if it is counter to their claimed and established rules?

It's a simple question, not sure why it triggered you there Baronvonrort.

IP Logged

Blue Jay

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:16am:
There are rules?  I'm amazed, I've always assumed there were none after the way in which certain people continually behave.   Racism/Xenophobia/Islamophobia are rife and they seem to get upset when I identify them as such.  Tsk, tsk, if they want to get nasty, oh, well...    Roll Eyes

Brian,

I'm not an islamophobe.  However, I would rather people express themselves moderately than feel they can't talk at all.  If people can't have open and honest discussions, how else do you criticise flawed ideas?  There is a belief that stopping people publicly discussing something makes it disappear.

I've focused on the US politics for too long.  I'm now trying to direct my focus back to Australia.  I may be walking into a bear trap here (eg. most Australians may only like free speech if they agree with what is said).

Personally, I find fact to be the best response, not political correctness.  For example, how can you generalise all Muslims as being bad?  I know good Muslims who I trust implicitly.

Keep in mind, if someone says 'all whiteys are racist', i'll find it as racist as 'all Muslims are terrorists'.  I'd rather people have the right to express both.  It also allows me to see how different people think.  I had a great chat with a guy from antifa (who hated whiteys, loved violence and wanted to destroy democracy - he was at Charlottesville as part of the counter protesters).  If the mods of that forum were politcally correct, I would never have been able to listen to what he had to say.  We had a great public discussion.  I feel i'm better informed for listening.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 2:26pm

Some more recent examples,

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1517990955/4#4
Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 9:49pm:
good ! bring him to australia and send all of those trouble making gollywogs to the US.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1515637030/38#38
Panther wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:42pm:
On the other hand the ex-HNIC got away with not providing the legally required documentation. There will come a day when a good lawyer will sue & win a case for his client(s) pertaining to the Obama Administrations legitimacy, & if won, the ramifications to legislation he signed into law may be at risk.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:06am

Blue Jay wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:24pm:

Brian,

I'm not an islamophobe.  However, I would rather people express themselves moderately than feel they can't talk at all.  If people can't have open and honest discussions, how else do you criticise flawed ideas?  There is a belief that stopping people publicly discussing something makes it disappear.

I've focused on the US politics for too long.  I'm now trying to direct my focus back to Australia.  I may be walking into a bear trap here (eg. most Australians may only like free speech if they agree with what is said).

Personally, I find fact to be the best response, not political correctness.  For example, how can you generalise all Muslims as being bad?  I know good Muslims who I trust implicitly.

Keep in mind, if someone says 'all whiteys are racist', i'll find it as racist as 'all Muslims are terrorists'.  I'd rather people have the right to express both.  It also allows me to see how different people think.  I had a great chat with a guy from antifa (who hated whiteys, loved violence and wanted to destroy democracy - he was at Charlottesville as part of the counter protesters).  If the mods of that forum were politcally correct, I would never have been able to listen to what he had to say.  We had a great public discussion.  I feel i'm better informed for listening.

Hear, hear.

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm

I am in favor of blatant racism and Islamophobia.

Both are objectively correct.

Liberals, who believe in lies, are unable to counter our arguments since they are true.

Therefore they instead seek to suppress us.

One of the great things about Ozpol is that it does not practice censorship like so much of the internet.

I'm also in favor of trolling because it's funny, but that's a separate issue and one can make the case that there is merit in suppressing trolling depending on circumstances.

"General, these are American regulars. In a hundred and fifty years they have never been beaten. They will hold."&&-- Col. Preston Brown, C/S, 2nd Division, the Marne, June 1, 1918

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #11 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:21pm

It begs the question Brian as to how you could avoid becoming an authoritarian censor if you should become Mod on the MultiCulti board.
Tsk tsk.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #12 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:36pm

Coral Sea wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
I am in favor of blatant racism and Islamophobia.

Both are objectively correct.

Liberals, who believe in lies, are unable to counter our arguments since they are true.

Therefore they instead seek to suppress us.

One of the great things about Ozpol is that it does not practice censorship like so much of the internet.

I'm also in favor of trolling because it's funny, but that's a separate issue and one can make the case that there is merit in suppressing trolling depending on circumstances.

So, basically, you're saying everything depends?

Grin Grin

Like I always say: we're all trolls so a get a weg dog upya hey buddy  Grin

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:38pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:21pm:

It begs the question Brian as to how you could avoid becoming an authoritarian censor if you should become Mod on the MultiCulti board.
Tsk tsk.

Just take a look at Debate and Relate for your answer to that one.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #14 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:38pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:21pm:

Tsk tsk.

Just take a look at Debate and Relate for your answer to that one.

Do you like going to the toilet much  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print