Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Ideas for safe personalised Transport. (Read 5245 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Ideas for safe personalised Transport.
Reply #75 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:58pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
Aussie do you agree that the ultimate goal for everyone's safety - cabbie, passenger, and other road users - is to get rid of the cabbie? Cabs will be the first vehicles to become driverless. They can literally be driven 24 hours a day, so the return on the cost of driverless technology in the vehicle will be massive compared to personally owned cars. Driverless cabs may end up being so cheap it significantly reduces the number of people who own cars. That means fewer car parks necessary in the city. Everyone benefits. So we can wait for Aussie to succeed in his idiotic plan to get uber drivers to agree to being less competitive, or we can focus on the real goal of getting rid of cab drivers.

This is going awesome Aussie. Thanks for the suggestions.

Having nearly T-boned a cabbie at 80km/h when he ran a red light and pulled out in front of me, causing me to swerve into the other lane without checking if it was clear, I think it would be safer for everyone if cab drivers went the way of basket weavers, don't you?

If driverless cars are allowed by Government to be used in the personalised transport industry, then.....and only then.....will Cab owners like me have a look at whether it is worth going that way.  But.....that is for the future.  These items deal with the present.

How about item 6, Effendi.  Any issue?

Your little anecdote is just........um......an irrelevant little anecdote, Effendi.  We all have "War" stories.  Move on.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #76 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:59pm

So you support the use of driverless cars, in principle, as a safer option than cab drivers?

What makes you think you would still have a role to play in the industry?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #77 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:06pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
So you support the use of driverless cars, in principle, as a safer option than cab drivers?

I said what I said.  Don't revert to your old crap of verballing people Effendi.

Quote:
What makes you think you would still have a role to play in the industry?

Huh?

Why are you doing your level best to divert attention from the specific Items I have posted, Effendi?  Is is because there is no place to hide when they are put in the fashion they are being put?  So far, you agree with them all, yet you are ........ what is the expression.......um.......ah yes......tap dancing in custard?

Just go Item by Item, Effendi, and you'll be fine.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #78 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:15pm

Quote:
I said what I said.  Don't revert to your old crap of verballing people Effendi.

You did not say whether you actually support it as safer and better all round. It would probably even be cheaper. And no more cabbies taking a dump in the street.

Quote:
Why are you doing your level best to divert attention from the specific Items I have posted, Effendi?

You asked me whether I support it. I told you I oppose your ideas. I gave you my reason - you are misleading people about whether there are any real changes involved, who will pay for them, and what impact it will have on fares. You told me that was off topic. So this is me being on topic.

Do you support getting rid of cab drivers?

What role do you think you will have in the industry once we get rid of cab drivers? Washing the windscreens? We already have machines to do that.

Quote:
So far, you agree with them all, yet you are ........ what is the expression.......um.......ah yes......tap dancing in custard?

I oppose all of them because you are misleading people about the cost. I think the cost of a change is relevant to whether I support it, whether you like it or not. I am also sick of hearing cab drivers whinge about uber, so the sooner they are all out of a job, the better.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #79 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:19pm

Oh I see!  You have an entrenched position now, despite not only a few posts ago, saying that you had no problem with the suggested items.

That will impress the Queensland Politicians who will see this Thread.

Quote:
What role do you think you will have in the industry once we get rid of cab drivers?

I OWN a Government issued and fully paid for Licence to operate a vehicle in the personalised transport industry, Effendi, and until I don't, I will always have a role.  Smiley

Any problem with Item 6, Effendi?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #80 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Having a licence does not mean anyone is going to pay you to sit in a cab and make small talk with the passengers.

And like I already told you, it would be wonderful if we could do all that for free, but in the real world someone has to pay for it, and you refuse to say who.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
Having a licence does not mean anyone is going to pay you to sit in a cab and make small talk with the passengers.

And like I already told you, it would be wonderful if we could do all that for free, but in the real world someone has to pay for it, and you refuse to say who.

I have not refused at all, Effendi.  I have said that these Items will not increase Cab fares, and some I am yet to post, may even  decrease them.

I have also posted that I will deal with the cost issue after I have posted all Items.....and I added (to the effect) that you really do not need to be anywhere near approaching the capacity of a mental midget to work it out for yourself.

(The Pollies will love that one.....I'll look for it in Hansard.   Grin)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #82 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:40pm

Do you agree that it will be better for everyone when there is no more need for cab drivers?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:55pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
Do you agree that it will be better for everyone when there is no more need for cab drivers?

Until the technology is there and Government approved, it is an irrelevant red herring to the Topic. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #84 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:57pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:55pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:40pm:

Until the technology is there and Government approved, it is an irrelevant red herring to the Topic. 

Whether it is here depends on the price. If you spent enough money you could get it very soon, and as you like to point out, the cost is irrelevant.

It is not a red herring. It is exactly what this thread is about. Do you agree that it will be better for everyone when there is no more need for cab drivers?

What role do you see yourself having when that happens?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:07pm

Quote:
It is not a red herring. It is exactly what this thread is about. Do you agree that it will be better for everyone when there is no more need for cab drivers?

No I don't......blind.  I am dealing with the present, not your utopian vision.

Quote:
What role do you see yourself having when that happens?

While I own a Licence issued by Government........oh......hang on........I already said that.

Any problem with Item 6, Effendi?

Come on, the Pollies will be keen to read of any reasonable issue with that pretty straight forward thing.  Do you have any at all, Effendi?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #86 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Quote:
While I own a Licence issued by Government........oh......hang on........I already said that.

So your role in the industry will be to own a licence to sit in a taxi and not get any customers?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:57pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
Quote:

So your role in the industry will be to own a licence to sit in a taxi and not get any customers?

If you are going to continue being silly, I'll just ignore you.

What makes you think Cabs would not go driverless if it was safe, Government approved and supported by users?

If all that stacked up, and the finances stacked up......I'd go for it.  Wake me up in about 15 years.

Now, about Item 6?

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #88 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm

Anyway, it's good to see that my proposal to allow Ubers and other ride shares access to transit lanes and taxi stands has been accepted too.

On with the thread!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:30pm

Stig wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
Anyway, it's good to see that my proposal to allow Ubers and other ride shares access to transit lanes and taxi stands has been accepted too.

On with the thread!

Really...where did you make that suggestion?

Any problem with Items 1-6, Stig?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print