Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Ideas for safe personalised Transport. (Read 5246 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Ideas for safe personalised Transport.
Reply #60 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:18pm

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Quote:
Not one of these Items do or will have any impact whatsoever on existing Cab fares, Effendi.

Why not Aussie?

Because we already have them all, have had them for years Effendi, as required by Government.

Do you have any problem with disabled people having access to all personalised transport, Effendi?

So your grand scheme is to change nothing?

Very far from it Effendi.  Do you agree that disabled people ought have access to all personalised transport as Item 5 provides for?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #61 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:47pm

So what are you proposing to actually change, and what does it actually cost Aussie?

Or have you not thought it that far through yet?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:58pm

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:47pm:
So what are you proposing to actually change, and what does it actually cost Aussie?

How many times do I need to tell you?  None of my Items will have any impact whatsoever on the current Cab fares.  Well, one or two might lead to a decrease.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 9:20pm

The questions still remain Aussie.

What are you proposing to actually change, and what does it actually cost?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:09am

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
The questions still remain Aussie.

Have you not noticed that I have been referring to the personalised transport industry?  That includes Cabs but not only Cabs.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:04am

Yes Aussie you are very slippery.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #66 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:54am

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:04am:

Look - Aussie is trying to create a list of things which taxis supposedly do at the moment, but Uber don't, in order to recommend that Uber should be forced to do the exact same thing - right down to stuff like having a little button on the steering column that activates a green light on the roof if the driver feels in danger.

The object is not to make things better for customers, it's to make Uber more expensive.

Perhaps next, we can have a thread about going back to the two airline policy where TAA was stopped from buying certain types of planes because Ansett couldn't afford them and allowing the purchase would have given one airline an advantage over the other.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:23pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:04am:

Nothing 'slippery' about it Effendi.  It is all right out there in the open for all to see.

I am proposing Items which ought be introduced into this new disruptive personalised transport industry.

Do you have any problems with any of them so far, other than cost?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:31pm

No Aussie. I would love it if we could add all that technology for free. While we are at it, if we are ignoring cost, why not make them all driverless cars? After all, the cab driver is the biggest danger faced by passengers.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #69 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:36pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
No Aussie. I would love it if we could add all that technology for free. While we are at it, if we are ignoring cost, why not make them all driverless cars? After all, the cab driver is the biggest danger faced by passengers.

See Items above.  I am proposing that they be standard across the personalised transport industry.

Do you have a problem with any of them at all......other than your query as to cost?

Maybe this is your direct answer:

Quote:
No Aussie. I would love it if we could add all that technology for free.

Meaning your agree with the Items so far, and your sole concern is cost. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:37pm

I already said no.

How about you Aussie? Do you have a problem with getting rid of cab drivers and replacing them with driverless cars, assuming we spend the money to make them safer? Ignoring the cost of course, do you support this proposal?

Having nearly T-boned a cabbie at 80km/h when he ran a red light and pulled out in front of me, causing me to swerve into the other lane without checking if it was clear, I think it would be safer for everyone if cab drivers went the way of basket weavers, don't you?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:40pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
I already said no.

How about you Aussie? Do you have a problem with getting rid of cab drivers and replacing them with driverless cars, assuming we spend the money to make them safer? Ignoring the cost of course, do you support this proposal?

I very much doubt Government will allow personalised transport vehicles to be driverless.  After all, aeroplanes can fly themselves right now, but they are still fully crewed.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:41pm

I am asking your opinion Aussie, not what the government will support. You already acknowledged that your proposal is hopelessly ineffective when you based it on voluntary agreement from parties who will never agree to it.

Having nearly T-boned a cabbie at 80km/h when he ran a red light and pulled out in front of me, causing me to swerve into the other lane without checking if it was clear, I think it would be safer for everyone if cab drivers went the way of basket weavers, don't you?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #73 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:47pm

Quote:
I am asking your opinion Aussie, not what the government will support.

Whenever have you had any respect whatsoever for a mere opinion of mine, Effendi?  Why would my opinion on this be of assistance to you?

Quote:
You already acknowledged that your proposal is hopelessly ineffective when you based it on voluntary agreement from parties who will never agree to it.

No, I gave no such acknowledgement.  Governments govern and those made subject to legislation have two choices.......comply or fail to comply and the Rule of Law deals with it.

Going well so far.  Not one person disagrees with any of the Items....and the only distraction is one of cost.  I'll come to that when I have completed the list, but anyone with some brains ought to be able to work out what my point will be. 

Item 6:

All personalised transport vehicles must be required to have dedicated number plates rather than easily removable stickers.  Said plates only to be provided when evidence of appropriate commercial CTP, public liability and certificates of safety vehicle inspection are provided.

Have a look at a Cab.  You will see a very distinguishing number plate which ID's it as a personalised transport vehicle.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #74 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm

Aussie do you agree that the ultimate goal for everyone's safety - cabbie, passenger, and other road users - is to get rid of the cabbie? Cabs will be the first vehicles to become driverless. They can literally be driven 24 hours a day, so the return on the cost of driverless technology in the vehicle will be massive compared to personally owned cars. Driverless cabs may end up being so cheap it significantly reduces the number of people who own cars. That means fewer car parks necessary in the city. Everyone benefits. So we can wait for Aussie to succeed in his idiotic plan to get uber drivers to agree to being less competitive, or we can focus on the real goal of getting rid of cab drivers.

This is going awesome Aussie. Thanks for the suggestions.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print