Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Ideas for safe personalised Transport. (Read 5283 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Ideas for safe personalised Transport.
Reply #45 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:49pm

freediver wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:44pm:
Aussie while you still insist that any changes will have no impact on fares you only confirm that you are incapable of thinking this through.

For example, even in your case of government price fixing, the government inevitably takes the cost of running a cab into account when setting prices. Where the government does not fix prices, it will inevitably have an impact on fares. Your insistence that it doesn't is a 'fairies at the bottom of the garden' approach to policy, just like your idea of getting all players to voluntarily agree to changes that you know they won't agree to.

Government policy is either good or bad.....no matter whether parties agree.  The job of Government is to govern in the interests of the citizens.

Do you have any issue with Item 4, Effendi?

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #46 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:51pm

Item #4 - you're legislating technology. It's like saying "taxis must be able to be booked via an app available on iTunes"

And in any case - it isn't needed.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:03pm

Stig wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:51pm:
Item #4 - you're legislating technology. It's like saying "taxis must be able to be booked via an app available on iTunes"

And in any case - it isn't needed.

No.  It is existing legislation.  Nothing new.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:13pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:49pm:
Aussie while you still insist that any changes will have no impact on fares you only confirm that you are incapable of thinking this through.

For example, even in your case of government price fixing, the government inevitably takes the cost of running a cab into account when setting prices. Where the government does not fix prices, it will inevitably have an impact on fares. Your insistence that it doesn't is a 'fairies at the bottom of the garden' approach to policy, just like your idea of getting all players to voluntarily agree to changes that you know they won't agree to.

Government policy is either good or bad.....no matter whether parties agree.  The job of Government is to govern in the interests of the citizens.

Do you think cost is a factor in whether something is good or bad policy?

What does it cost Aussie?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:15pm

freediver wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:13pm:

What does what cost, Effendi? 

Any issue with Item 4?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #50 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:34pm

tank.jpg (7 KB | 33 )
tank.jpg

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:47pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:15pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:13pm:

What does what cost, Effendi? 

Any issue with Item 4?

Your entire proposal Aussie. What does it cost?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:54pm

I have about 15 more Items to go through Effendi.  Do you have any problem (other than this cost red herring.....we are talking about safety to the public and drivers, not cost) with Item 4, and if you do, say so with specifics.  Politicians will see it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm

Okay moving on and still no objection to any Item.

Item 5:

Any new proposed legislation and regulations must be consistent with other relevant legislation in Queensland and the Commonwealth including, but not limited to, disability discrimination, and work, health and safety.

Putting that into practice....anyone offering a personalised transport service, including Uber, must cater for, eg. wheelchair bound customers.  Uber does not have one vehicle in Queensland which can take such a person.  By current Legislation, the Cab Industry MUST have wheelchair accessible taxis in their fleet, and we do.

Any issue with that one?

(On cost.....to put one of those on the road, new, is about $75,000.00.)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:21pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
I have about 15 more Items to go through Effendi.  Do you have any problem (other than this cost red herring.....we are talking about safety to the public and drivers, not cost) with Item 4, and if you do, say so with specifics.  Politicians will see it.

You asked if I had a problem with it. I have a problem with it - you don't know what it costs and you mislead people by claiming it does not affect fares.

Would you trust anyone else selling you a safety system who refuses to tell you the price? Because that is exactly how you come across right now.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #55 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:25pm

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:54pm:

You asked if I had a problem with it. I have a problem with it - you don't know what it costs and you mislead people by claiming it does not affect fares.

Would you trust anyone else selling you a safety system who refuses to tell you the price? Because that is exactly how you come across right now.

Not one of these Items do or will have any impact whatsoever on existing Cab fares, Effendi.  I thought I said that already?

Any problem with Item 5 as it stands?   You okay with disabled people also having access to personalised transport?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #56 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:28pm

Quote:
Not one of these Items do or will have any impact whatsoever on existing Cab fares, Effendi.

Why not Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:34pm

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Quote:
Not one of these Items do or will have any impact whatsoever on existing Cab fares, Effendi.

Why not Aussie?

Because we already have them all, have had them for years Effendi, as required by Government.

Do you have any problem with disabled people having access to all personalised transport, Effendi?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:52pm

"Ideas for safe personalised Transport."

Sir Booby has thrown a suggestion into the ring.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Quote:

Why not Aussie?

Because we already have them all, have had them for years Effendi, as required by Government.

Do you have any problem with disabled people having access to all personalised transport, Effendi?

So your grand scheme is to change nothing?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print