Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Ideas for safe personalised Transport. (Read 5285 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Ideas for safe personalised Transport.
Reply #30 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 6:56pm

So who pays for it Aussie?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 6:56pm:

Cab owner pays for all, so far.  Each of Items 1, 2 and 3 have been in 'Cabs' for years at 'my' expense and as required by Government.

Do you have any issue with any of those Items Effendi?  Now is the time to say so before I move on to Item 4.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #32 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:39pm

No issue with #1, no need to legislate 2 and 3. Plenty of other public workplaces don't require either one.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:41pm

Stig wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:39pm:
No issue with #1, no need to legislate 2 and 3. Plenty of other public workplaces don't require either one.

So, you have no problem if they are legislated.  Thanks for the input.  Every Queensland Pollie and candidate for the next election will be sent this Thread.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #34 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:46pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:04pm:
Cabs will become driverless as well (if the technology is deemed safe for public transport which I doubt.)  Not everyone will be able to afford a driverless car, and there will be Fleets (Cabs operating under Government regulation) they can access.

As I have said before, taxis will become a bespoke service and a tiny part of the market. The "taxi industry" will be obliterated.

As for it "not being deemed safe", governments are already waking up to the fact that driverless has the potential to almost eliminate accidents. It is already proving safer. Even "nanny state governments like Singapore are embracing it for that very reason.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #35 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:49pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:41pm:
Stig wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:39pm:

So, you have no problem if they are legislated.  Thanks for the input.  Every Queensland Pollie and candidate for the next election will be sent this Thread.

Cheers.

No idea how you comprehend that from my post. No need != sure, go legislate it.

BTW, I assume your proposal includes access for all Ubers and taxis to transit lanes and taxi stands?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:51pm

Stig wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:04pm:
Cabs will become driverless as well (if the technology is deemed safe for public transport which I doubt.)  Not everyone will be able to afford a driverless car, and there will be Fleets (Cabs operating under Government regulation) they can access.

As I have said before, taxis will become a bespoke service and a tiny part of the market. The "taxi industry" will be obliterated.

As for it "not being deemed safe", governments are already waking up to the fact that driverless has the potential to almost eliminate accidents. It is already proving safer. Even "nanny state governments like Singapore are embracing it for that very reason.

Well, that is all crystal ball 2030 stuff.  I am restricting my comments here to the Topic.  Item 4 tomorrow.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:58pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

Cab owner pays for all, so far.  Each of Items 1, 2 and 3 have been in 'Cabs' for years at 'my' expense and as required by Government.

Do you have any issue with any of those Items Effendi?  Now is the time to say so before I move on to Item 4.

Do these costs get passed on to the customer Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:05pm

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

Do these costs get passed on to the customer Aussie?

Not that I am aware of.  Ya see Effendi, you just do not understand.  Government sets Cab fares in Queensland.  I am completely unable to up the fare when some expense comes my way.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:09pm

They don't set uber fares.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:12pm

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:09pm:
They don't set uber fares.

No, they don't.

Still no problem with Items I, 2, and 3.  Jolly good.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:19pm

I have a problem if it increases fares. So far all you have demonstrated is that you haven't thought through on the consequences.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:23pm

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:19pm:
I have a problem if it increases fares. So far all you have demonstrated is that you haven't thought through on the consequences.

I have you know.

Wink

None of the Items I will post will have any impact whatsoever on Cab fares.

They are all driver/customer safety related.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:02pm

Item 4.

All personalised transport vehicles must have emergency systems in place to support the driver and promote driver/passenger safety.

In Qld, on top of the hail light, all Cabs have a smallish green plastic thing.  There is a switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel column and when activated (passenger would be unaware it had been activated) that green thing lights up.  Every other Cab is thus signalled visually that the driver wants help.  Further, when that switch is activated, a radio channel direct to Base opens and Base can hear every word said in the Cab.  Thus, the driver is able to inform Base in subtle language what the problem is.  Base (through GPS tracking) knows exactly where the Cab is and immediately advises Plod of the location and Plod will be on the way.  Also, a notification is sent out to all other Cabs in the area that the driver needs help and the Cabs exact location is given to them.

Anyone have any issues with that one?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:44pm

Aussie while you still insist that any changes will have no impact on fares you only confirm that you are incapable of thinking this through.

For example, even in your case of government price fixing, the government inevitably takes the cost of running a cab into account when setting prices. Where the government does not fix prices, it will inevitably have an impact on fares. Your insistence that it doesn't is a 'fairies at the bottom of the garden' approach to policy, just like your idea of getting all players to voluntarily agree to changes that you know they won't agree to.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print