Australian Politics

Re: Drain the Swamp
Reply #1485 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:06am

Richdude wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:26am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
Richdude wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 1:55pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:32am:
Richdude wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:46am:
How Trump may win in draining the swamp. Copy Putin.
This is an excellent and sober summation.

Copy Putin?????

and you want to deny that you are a Russian troll? In a just world you would be shot in a firing squad by the Russians you so admire.

traitor

What is it you hate so much about Russia? Putin has returned Russia to Christianity. You claim to be a Christian (choke) - you should love him. Russia was bankrupt when he took over ... now look at it.

I don't see why the US and Russia that have so many common interests be an ally and work together.

Thats right you and your script writers want a return to the cold war or maybe a hot war.

Nutty as a ..........

IM sure Russians would be interested to learn that Putin is a Christian and that their economy is booming.

idiot

Why must you lie all the time? Putin is a Christian - you're so ignorant.

Furthermore I didn't say it was booming - I said that its no longer bankrupt. And that's despite the illegal sanctions imposed after the shoot down of MH17 (does anyone remember that in which 30 Australians were killed).

Putin should be congratulated for destroying ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria with help from Trump.

A great partnership!

Putin is a Christian?  Why dont you entertain us with your definition of 'Christian' and how Putin fits into it.

idiot

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #1486 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:32am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:04am:
Gonna have to disagree with you on that. being a 'christian nation' does not in any way mean there are issues with objective truth. That is a miststatement and an unsupportable on. Also 'christian nation' does not mean that everyone or even a majority are actual, real christians in the Biblical sense. The term is use to describe a country that has its history steeped in Christianity and whose laws and morality are also based on Christian principles.

Christian faith does not conflict with truth. it does routinely conflict with  societal moral standards  - as if that is a surprise or a bad thing.

Any nation based on faith will always have issues with the truth, especially when their doctrine and truth collide.  It's happened for centuries and continues today.  Sure it happens more in nations that take a fundamental stance on their faith, but don't kid yourself, it's not limited to that.  Just look back through history to the level on scientific censorship when discoveries are made that are counter to the teachings of the faith.  Spherical earth, gravity, the rotation of the planets around the sun not the earth etc.

It's happening in the US now with creationism and evolution and in some areas climate change is counter to some interpretations of the bible as the earth was made for man so we can do with it what we want and upon leaving here there will be everlasting life in paradise so who cares what happens to the planet, it's but a stepping stone anyway.  Destroying the planet only gets then closer to God...

Once you start censoring science, objective truth and reality are next.

It's happening now. It's not all faith's fault, but when people are taught that belief and faith is the law of the land, that already warps their reality.

And as off topic as it would be, "Christian Morality" is laughable.  There are still those who preach in the US (and here in Aus) that a wife has no right under the biblical law to refuse sex to her husband because her flash is his under the marital bond (and his flesh hers, but that doesn't seem to play a part in this) therefore it is impossible for a man to rape his wife as her flesh is his to control.  And what about all the Child Abuse in the Church?

Christian morality is based of fear and selfishness for the entry into heaven.  Doing the right thing is important, but doing it for nothing but personal gain leaves much to be desired.

But, at least people are doing "the right thing".

The comment about "Christian Nation" was more directed to Putin "returning Russia to Christianity" and that we should love him for that.  It's a simple minded view and I dare say a thinly veiled attempt at trolling us all.

Applauding any nation returning to or being faith based is misplaced admiration.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 9:11am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1487 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 1:27pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 7:17am:
Being a "Christian" nation is nothing to be proud of.  Any country that is faith based automatically has issue with objective truth, especially when said truth conflicts with religious doctrine.  When you add elements of a dictatorship to that you're just asking for trouble.

And you want Trump to partner and emulate this?

You'd be better looking to the likes of Singapore and the transformation in their nation and economy and how they achieved it while having a diverse people from many background and faiths living together.  Sure it's not perfect, but it's an enormous step up from Putin.

But more on topic, in a thread about "Draining the Swap" you want Trump to emulate Russia?  Have you seen their swamp?

You're dreaming/trolling mate.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. being a 'christian nation' does not in any way mean there are issues with objective truth. That is a miststatement and an unsupportable on. Also 'christian nation' does not mean that everyone or even a majority are actual, real christians in the Biblical sense. The term is use to describe a country that has its history steeped in Christianity and whose laws and morality are also based on Christian principles.

Christian faith does not conflict with truth. it does routinely conflict with  societal moral standards  - as if that is a surprise or a bad thing.

FFS beam me up! I am proud of my Judaeo/Christian country - the most successful on Earth - do you disagree?

What is wrong with you 2? Why do you have a problem with speaking plainly? You think the headmaster is going to punish you?

Russia has a very long history of Christianity - idiots. Before you communists murdered their people and made it politically incorrect/heresy to believe in Christianity and burnt down their beautiful churches.

Russia has returned to its Christian traditions under Putin of Russian Orthodox Christianity.

And I wish the US would return to its Judaeo/Christian traditions as well.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1488 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:08pm

Richdude wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 7:17am:
Being a "Christian" nation is nothing to be proud of.  Any country that is faith based automatically has issue with objective truth, especially when said truth conflicts with religious doctrine.  When you add elements of a dictatorship to that you're just asking for trouble.

And you want Trump to partner and emulate this?

You'd be better looking to the likes of Singapore and the transformation in their nation and economy and how they achieved it while having a diverse people from many background and faiths living together.  Sure it's not perfect, but it's an enormous step up from Putin.

But more on topic, in a thread about "Draining the Swap" you want Trump to emulate Russia?  Have you seen their swamp?

You're dreaming/trolling mate.

FFS beam me up! I am proud of my Judaeo/Christian country - the most successful on Earth - do you disagree?

What is wrong with you 2? Why do you have a problem with speaking plainly? You think the headmaster is going to punish you?

Russia has a very long history of Christianity - idiots. Before you communists murdered their people and made it politically incorrect/heresy to believe in Christianity and burnt down their beautiful churches.

Russia has returned to its Christian traditions under Putin of Russian Orthodox Christianity.

And I wish the US would return to its Judaeo/Christian traditions as well.

there is so much ignorant and utter garbage, it is hard to know where to start. So I wont. You dont/cant hear facts not in line with your mental illness.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1489 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:20pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:32am:

Any nation based on faith will always have issues with the truth, especially when their doctrine and truth collide.  It's happened for centuries and continues today.  Sure it happens more in nations that take a fundamental stance on their faith, but don't kid yourself, it's not limited to that.  Just look back through history to the level on scientific censorship when discoveries are made that are counter to the teachings of the faith.  Spherical earth, gravity, the rotation of the planets around the sun not the earth etc.

It's happening in the US now with creationism and evolution and in some areas climate change is counter to some interpretations of the bible as the earth was made for man so we can do with it what we want and upon leaving here there will be everlasting life in paradise so who cares what happens to the planet, it's but a stepping stone anyway.  Destroying the planet only gets then closer to God...

Once you start censoring science, objective truth and reality are next.

It's happening now. It's not all faith's fault, but when people are taught that belief and faith is the law of the land, that already warps their reality.

And as off topic as it would be, "Christian Morality" is laughable.  There are still those who preach in the US (and here in Aus) that a wife has no right under the biblical law to refuse sex to her husband because her flash is his under the marital bond (and his flesh hers, but that doesn't seem to play a part in this) therefore it is impossible for a man to rape his wife as her flesh is his to control.  And what about all the Child Abuse in the Church?

Christian morality is based of fear and selfishness for the entry into heaven.  Doing the right thing is important, but doing it for nothing but personal gain leaves much to be desired.

But, at least people are doing "the right thing".

The comment about "Christian Nation" was more directed to Putin "returning Russia to Christianity" and that we should love him for that.  It's a simple minded view and I dare say a thinly veiled attempt at trolling us all.

Applauding any nation returning to or being faith based is misplaced admiration.

Ive heard all these arguments before and they all sound very nice and simple until you discover that you are largely wrong. You comment from outside of the Church and from outside of practical Christian living and doctrine. You pick on the worst and then try and convince yourself that it somehow applies across the board, when it really does not. And not to put too fine a point on it, I know the facts  from a lifetime on the inside while you rely on a few media reports and stories. Yes, those claims you made are true... but of a very small minority who are loudmouthed and... reported publicly. The rest, who respect women and children get no sounding board because goodness and righteousness never gets media attention.

You know nothing of Christian morality. It was Christians who ended slavery while being opposed by atheists. It was Christians who ended lawful child sex abuse (age of consent) while again, being opposed by the many. It is Christians who feed the poor, not atheists. Yes, there are some scumbag Christians, but are you really going to pretend like non-Christians are epitomes of morality and righteousness?

If you knew anything of Christian doctrine - and you clearly dont - you would then know that 'entry to heaven' is not based on ANY actions we take, good or bad. Nobody earns their way to heaven. We simply dont have the coin for it.

Some of the greatest scientists in history were Christians. Most of the great evil monsters however, were not.

The claim that there is a 'censoring of science' is not because of Christians. There are very destructive and moronic individuals who despise science, but they in the main, NOT Christians. I think evolution is garbage, but not just for faith reasons, but also sound scientific (and mathematical) reasons.

You argument is specious because to be honest, you dont know much about Christians, Christianity of any of the history behind it. America was itself founded by... Christians.

You would do to learn some actual facts about a topic you clearly are poorly informed of.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #1490 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:51pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:20pm:
Ive heard all these arguments before and they all sound very nice and simple until you discover that you are largely wrong. You comment from outside of the Church and from outside of practical Christian living and doctrine. You pick on the worst and then try and convince yourself that it somehow applies across the board, when it really does not. And not to put too fine a point on it, I know the facts  from a lifetime on the inside while you rely on a few media reports and stories. Yes, those claims you made are true... but of a very small minority who are loudmouthed and... reported publicly. The rest, who respect women and children get no sounding board because goodness and righteousness never gets media attention.

You may think you understand the position I have taken on the subject buy you really don't.  I was raised in a very staunch Christian family and the things that happened around me growing up, and to me, while I won't speak of them here, but in my experience those who claim to be good Christians and the biggest smacking hypocrites of all using their religion as an excuse to absolve themselves of truly terrible things.

We were punished for critical thought and questioning in Sunday school and made examples of for having weak faith.

I don't ever claim that all Christians, sects or churches are like this, my claim is a country run on any religious values/system will always have issues with object truth and reality when they clash head to head with doctrine.

It's clearly documented through the ages and I've given modern examples of it happening today.  The idea that Putin, a Communist Leader, is taking Russia back to Christianity when one of the tennants of Communism has been the oppression of religion and that this somehow makes him a great man for Trump to follow and emulate is a farce.

Putin is the king of his swamp and holding him up as an example for Trump to follow in order to "Drain the swap" is an unfunny joke.

All these pages about Draining the swap and all we've seen is people defending those Trump appointed, like Bannon, until Trump chewed him up and spit him out and in doing so was credited with Draining the Swamp.  HE PUT BANNON IN!!!

Trump is only creating his own swamp and his supporters are too stupid to see it.

Quote:
You would do to learn some actual facts about a topic you clearly are poorly informed of.

When you've done 4 years of Theology and Ethics studies despite what you might think one does retain some of that as the years go on.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:06pm by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1491 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:12pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:51pm:

You may think you understand the position I have taken on the subject buy you really don't.  I was raised in a very staunch Christian family and the things that happened around me growing up, and to me, while I won't speak of them here, but in my experience those who claim to be good Christians and the biggest smacking hypocrites of all using their religion as an excuse to absolve themselves of truly terrible things.

We were punished for critical thought and questioning in Sunday school and made examples of for having weak faith.

I don't ever claim that all Christians, sects or churches are like this, my claim is a country run on any religious values/system will always have issues with object truth and reality when they clash head to head with doctrine.

It's clearly documented through the ages and I've given modern examples of it happening today.  The idea that Putin, a Communist Leader, is taking Russia back to Christianity when one of the tennants of Communism has been the oppression of religion and that this somehow makes him a great man for Trump to follow and emulate is a farce.

Putin is the king of his swamp and holding him up as an example for Trump to follow in order to "Drain the swap" is an unfunny joke.

All these pages about Draining the swap and all we've seen is people defending those Trump appointed, like Bannon, until Trump chewed him up and spit him out and in doing so was credited with Draining the Swamp.  HE PUT BANNON IN!!!

Trump is only creating his own swamp and his supporters are too stupid to see it.

Quote:

When you've done 4 years of Theology and Ethics studies despite what you might think one does retain some of that as the years go on.

Disappointed in your personal experience, but it is still no reason to smear everyone the same. There are no 'Christian' countries which are run by religious tenets. That whole 'separation of church and state' think ensures it. The idea that the church opposes science and is full of child molesters might be a nice media viewpoint, but it isnt even remotely accurate and that is my objection to your statements. And as a bit of objective evidence I would point to the crap countries around and how the vast majority have ZERO christian foundations while the richest, safest and most successful ones are the opposite. I do not think that to be an accident. We live in an incredibly wealthy and successful country. But if it were founded by a Muslim nation, what do you think it would be like now? A disaster, a third world arid toilet-bowl.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1492 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:26am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:12pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:51pm:

Quote:

Disappointed in your personal experience, but it is still no reason to smear everyone the same. There are no 'Christian' countries which are run by religious tenets. That whole 'separation of church and state' think ensures it. The idea that the church opposes science and is full of child molesters might be a nice media viewpoint, but it isnt even remotely accurate and that is my objection to your statements. And as a bit of objective evidence I would point to the crap countries around and how the vast majority have ZERO christian foundations while the richest, safest and most successful ones are the opposite. I do not think that to be an accident. We live in an incredibly wealthy and successful country. But if it were founded by a Muslim nation, what do you think it would be like now? A disaster, a third world arid toilet-bowl.

WOW!

You just criticized Trump for being racist for saying just the same as what you said.

Hypocrisy! Absolutely!

Well that was 4 years wasted wasn't it. You obviously haven't learnt anything - that is of course if you did. You have a well earned reputation as a habitual liar - a Walter Mitty!

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1493 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:30am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:06am:

Copy Putin?????

and you want to deny that you are a Russian troll? In a just world you would be shot in a firing squad by the Russians you so admire.

traitor

What is it you hate so much about Russia? Putin has returned Russia to Christianity. You claim to be a Christian (choke) - you should love him. Russia was bankrupt when he took over ... now look at it.

I don't see why the US and Russia that have so many common interests be an ally and work together.

Thats right you and your script writers want a return to the cold war or maybe a hot war.

Nutty as a ..........

IM sure Russians would be interested to learn that Putin is a Christian and that their economy is booming.

idiot

Furthermore I didn't say it was booming - I said that its no longer bankrupt. And that's despite the illegal sanctions imposed after the shoot down of MH17 (does anyone remember that in which 30 Australians were killed).

Putin should be congratulated for destroying ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria with help from Trump.

A great partnership!

Putin is a Christian?  Why dont you entertain us with your definition of 'Christian' and how Putin fits into it.

idiot

This is where you get caught in your lies. You claim to be an expert about religion yet do not know that Russian Orthodox is Christian. Like Egyptian Coptics, Catholics or Greek Orthodox is different sects of Christianity.

4 years studying religion!! What BS!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1494 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:03am

Richdude wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:30am:

Copy Putin?????

traitor

Nutty as a ..........

idiot

A great partnership!

idiot

This is where you get caught in your lies. You claim to be an expert about religion yet do not know that Russian Orthodox is Christian. Like Egyptian Coptics, Catholics or Greek Orthodox is different sects of Christianity.

you are the dumbest of the dumb. Putin is not a Russian Orthodox. He is not a Christian. He is a murderous monster - something that should not have to be explained.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1495 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:52am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:03am:

Copy Putin?????

traitor

Nutty as a ..........

idiot

A great partnership!

idiot

you are the dumbest of the dumb. Putin is not a Russian Orthodox. He is not a Christian. He is a murderous monster - something that should not have to be explained.

He is a murderous monster? You mean like Hillary?

He shot down MH17?

Where is the evidence Twat End?

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1496 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:31pm

No reply?
Thats to be expected when you have been exposed.

Putin and Christianity.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1497 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 3:01pm

Richdude wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:52am:

Copy Putin?????

traitor

Nutty as a ..........

idiot

A great partnership!

idiot

He shot down MH17?

and this is where your credibility totally evaporates. When you dare to suggest that Putin is not a murderous monster then you pretty much out yourself as a Russian Troll. Virtually no one else could suggest something as blatantly false.

dickhead

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #1498 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:16pm

mm ,

BREAKING: FBI USING WEINER PICS TO INDICT HILLARY CLINTON IN RENEWED EMAIL PROBE

╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1499 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 2:49am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
Richdude wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:52am:

Copy Putin?????

traitor

Nutty as a ..........

idiot

A great partnership!

idiot

He shot down MH17?

and this is where your credibility totally evaporates. When you dare to suggest that Putin is not a murderous monster then you pretty much out yourself as a Russian Troll. Virtually no one else could suggest something as blatantly false.

dickhead

Brainwashed Twat End!

Where is your evidence?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 567
Send Topic Print