Drain the Swamp (Read 385522 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Drain the Swamp
Reply #1470 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:09am

Richdude wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
It called something that a PC, mealy mouthed twat like you would not understand - HONESTY!

Wait a flapping minute, "HONESTY"?

How did you arrive there?

He has lied about not saying it!  What sort of mental gymnastics are you doing?

He made the comment, he lied about it AFTER campaigning on, and his supporters still attacking Clinton for her dishonesty, yet you want to applaud him for being honest because he said something racist you agree with?

What the serious bugger?!

Do you even know the difference between the truth and a lie?

Make all the claims you want against the PC Brigade (they have it coming) but you sir are seriously letting your love of Trump mess with your brain.

Or have I got the cause and effect around the wrong way?
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:15am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1471 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:10am

THE FUNNY THING is that there is some dispute if he said 'shithole' or 'shithouse' - as if it matters. But because two senators thought he said the latter they are now openly denying that Trump said the former and in so trying to defend Trump.

So far of all the people in the room, most have confirmed what he said, one has denied it and a few trying to claim 'they dont know'.

of course he said it. It's Trump. You would assume he said it even without a room full of witnesses.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1472 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:36am

who gives a flying **** ??

I mean seriously...

some people in a room having a candid meeting about illegals who come from shitholes or what ever he said...

we shouldn't even know about what was said in terms of the candid talk...

once again scum leakers show what traitors they are..

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1473 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:42am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:36am:
who gives a flying **** ??

I mean seriously...

some people in a room having a candid meeting about illegals who come from shitholes or what ever he said...

we shouldn't even know about what was said in terms of the candid talk...

once again scum leakers show what traitors they are..

missing the point yet again. Do you even understand why pretty much everyone outside the KKK are displeased?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #1474 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:59am

Love him or hate him, Tony Abbott never backed down from the comments he made, usually because there was evidence, such as "poo Happens" but any reasonable person, again love him or hate him, would understand what he meant in the context of the conversation.

If he'd lied about making the comment after there was a clear history of him making derogatory comments towards our service men and women it would have been much worse for him, and rightfully so, just as what Trump should be facing.

And I say should be because the standard support base are dismissing this as fake news or liberal lies.  Truth, facts and reality haven't mattered for years now.

The problem is his supporters will make excuses for him, demand evidence that he said what he did yet require none to prove he didn't and the worst poo covered cherry on top of the 5 layer poo cake is that if this were anyone else who'd made the comment, especially a Democrat, all those defending Trump and the reasons and justifications they've cited would no longer apply.

Trump is being defended because he's Trump, not because of anything he has or hasn't done.

That is the danger with his support base.  Mouth on, brain off.

More of the "If it was posted to Facebook and I like what it says I don't need to bother checking the sources" thinking.  That's what lead to Trump in the first place.

I wish people would turn their brains back on.  I'm sick of group chat messages, Facebook shares and stupid chain emails that are so obviously bullshit and suspect that only takes a couple of minutes of fact checking to confirm.  The latest was a the local school group chat on Whatsapp, 1 person was banned because they were attacking another parent and they shared that ISIS has infiltrated the group and 90% of the parents left the group.

Stupidity will be our downfall, not a meteor or some other event out of our control.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:05am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #1475 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:03am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:59am:
Love him or hate him, Tony Abbott never backed down from the comments he made, usually because there was evidence, such as "poo Happens" but any reasonable person, again love him or hate him, would understand what he meant.

If he'd lied about making the comment after there was a clear history of him making derogatory comments towards our service men and women it would have been much worse for him, and rightfully so, just as what Trump should be facing.

The problem is his supporters will make excuses for him, demand evidence that he said yet require none to prove he didn't and the worst poo covered cherry on top of the 5 layer poo cake is that if this were anyone else who'd made the comment, especially a Democrat, all those defending Trump and the reasons and justifications they've cited would no longer apply.

Trump is being defended because he's Trump, not because of anything he has or hasn't done.

That is the danger with his support base.  Mouth on, brain off.

Actually I'm not sure the point of Abbott being a conviction politican really stands true, he has flip flopped on a few things.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #1476 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:10am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:03am:
Actually I'm not sure the point of Abbott being a conviction politican really stands true, he has flip flopped on a few things.

The truth about Abbott, like many politicians, he was only ever in it for himself, the power he sought, from youth until his adult life, be it politics or within the church.  He would and did do or say anything that he thought would lead him to power, and it worked.

BUT, things he did or said that were never intended for a public audience that were overheard by people, such as the poo Happens comment, at least he never backed down from it and lied again to the people claiming he never said it.

Abbott's False Narrative campaign/excuse was Fake News Lite.  It would have been more effective now when people seem to have no issue picking and choosing what they want to be true rather than actually relying on the truth or facts and trying to spin them a certain way.

That doesn't even happen anymore, now it's just "oh that thing you say happened and you have evidence of, fake news, nothing to see here".

It's a sad state of affairs.

Like even the premise of this very thread, "Drain the swamp".  Trump is getting credit for doing so when in reality he's vastly added TO the swamp more than anything else.  His policies are what "the swamp" have been trying to implement for years, but no, that's fake news and he's doing a great job.

Please...

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1477 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:38am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:10am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:03am:

The truth about Abbott, like many politicians, he was only ever in it for himself, the power he sought, from youth until his adult life, be it politics or within the church.  He would and did do or say anything that he thought would lead him to power, and it worked.

BUT, things he did or said that were never intended for a public audience that were overheard by people, such as the poo Happens comment, at least he never backed down from it and lied again to the people claiming he never said it.

Abbott's False Narrative campaign/excuse was Fake News Lite.  It would have been more effective now when people seem to have no issue picking and choosing what they want to be true rather than actually relying on the truth or facts and trying to spin them a certain way.

That doesn't even happen anymore, now it's just "oh that thing you say happened and you have evidence of, fake news, nothing to see here".

It's a sad state of affairs.

Like even the premise of this very thread, "Drain the swamp".  Trump is getting credit for doing so when in reality he's vastly added TO the swamp more than anything else.  His policies are what "the swamp" have been trying to implement for years, but no, that's fake news and he's doing a great job.

Please...

I think that Abbott truly can stand as a conviction politician. He believes in certain things and stands for them. But at the same time, a conviction-driven person is capable of changing or modifying he position for good reasons as Abbott has done a few times. Firstly, a genuine conviction-driven person will understand that they BELIEVE in what they stand for but are able to be convinced to change if a good argument is made. I consider myself to be one of these.

Abbott didnt shirk responsibility for his statements or his actions and a large part of the controversy about him was precisely that. You knew what he stood for and mere politics was unlikely to change it. And surely, those are the kinds of people we need more of and less Rudds whose determined his beliefs and policies from popularity polls.

You dont have to like a conviction politician but at least you can respect their moral and intellectual honesty. With most others, there is little to admire.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1478 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:46am

How Trump may win in draining the swamp. Copy Putin.
This is an excellent and sober summation.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1479 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:32am

Richdude wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:46am:

Copy Putin?????

and you want to deny that you are a Russian troll? In a just world you would be shot in a firing squad by the Russians you so admire.

traitor

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1480 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 1:55pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:32am:

Copy Putin?????

and you want to deny that you are a Russian troll? In a just world you would be shot in a firing squad by the Russians you so admire.

traitor

What is it you hate so much about Russia? Putin has returned Russia to Christianity. You claim to be a Christian (choke) - you should love him. Russia was bankrupt when he took over ... now look at it.

I don't see why the US and Russia that have so many common interests be an ally and work together.

Thats right you and your script writers want a return to the cold war or maybe a hot war.

Nutty as a ..........

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1481 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:58pm

Richdude wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 1:55pm:

Copy Putin?????

traitor

What is it you hate so much about Russia? Putin has returned Russia to Christianity. You claim to be a Christian (choke) - you should love him. Russia was bankrupt when he took over ... now look at it.

I don't see why the US and Russia that have so many common interests be an ally and work together.

Thats right you and your script writers want a return to the cold war or maybe a hot war.

Nutty as a ..........

IM sure Russians would be interested to learn that Putin is a Christian and that their economy is booming.

idiot

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #1482 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:26am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
Richdude wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 1:55pm:

Copy Putin?????

traitor

Nutty as a ..........

IM sure Russians would be interested to learn that Putin is a Christian and that their economy is booming.

idiot

Why must you lie all the time? Putin is a Christian - you're so ignorant.

Furthermore I didn't say it was booming - I said that its no longer bankrupt. And that's despite the illegal sanctions imposed after the shoot down of MH17 (does anyone remember that in which 30 Australians were killed).

Putin should be congratulated for destroying ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria with help from Trump.

A great partnership!
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:45am by Richdude »  

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #1483 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 7:17am

Being a "Christian" nation is nothing to be proud of.  Any country that is faith based automatically has issue with objective truth, especially when said truth conflicts with religious doctrine.  When you add elements of a dictatorship to that you're just asking for trouble.

And you want Trump to partner and emulate this?

You'd be better looking to the likes of Singapore and the transformation in their nation and economy and how they achieved it while having a diverse people from many background and faiths living together.  Sure it's not perfect, but it's an enormous step up from Putin.

But more on topic, in a thread about "Draining the Swap" you want Trump to emulate Russia?  Have you seen their swamp?

You're dreaming/trolling mate.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1484 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:04am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 7:17am:
Being a "Christian" nation is nothing to be proud of.  Any country that is faith based automatically has issue with objective truth, especially when said truth conflicts with religious doctrine.  When you add elements of a dictatorship to that you're just asking for trouble.

And you want Trump to partner and emulate this?

You'd be better looking to the likes of Singapore and the transformation in their nation and economy and how they achieved it while having a diverse people from many background and faiths living together.  Sure it's not perfect, but it's an enormous step up from Putin.

But more on topic, in a thread about "Draining the Swap" you want Trump to emulate Russia?  Have you seen their swamp?

You're dreaming/trolling mate.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. being a 'christian nation' does not in any way mean there are issues with objective truth. That is a miststatement and an unsupportable on. Also 'christian nation' does not mean that everyone or even a majority are actual, real christians in the Biblical sense. The term is use to describe a country that has its history steeped in Christianity and whose laws and morality are also based on Christian principles.

Christian faith does not conflict with truth. it does routinely conflict with  societal moral standards  - as if that is a surprise or a bad thing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 567
Send Topic Print