Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Four-year-old girl nearly shot... (Read 9287 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Four-year-old girl nearly shot...
Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:04am

And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having guns:  Four-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Four-year-old girl nearly shot...
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:10am

What price, to maintain liberty, eh ?

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine

The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world not destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside ... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them ... the weak will become prey to the strong.
- Thomas Paine

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:04am:
And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having guns:  Four-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You know I rail against anti-gun hysterics mainly because they either don't know the difference between a 'gun-nut' (as they like to put it) and a fkken criminal committing a crime with a gun or they deliberately interchange the two.
https://www.chandlerpd.com/police-searching-for-shooting-suspect/

This is not a Hunting & Fishing post this is a drive by shooting by a fkken criminal.

You duplicitous clot.  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:27pm:

You know I rail against anti-gun hysterics mainly because they either don't know the difference between a 'gun-nut' (as they like to put it) and a fkken criminal committing a crime with a gun or they deliberately interchange the two.

This is not a Hunting & Fishing post this is a drive by shooting by a fkken criminal.

Tsk, tsk, it was a shooting by two gun nuts which nearly killed a four year old child.   They had guns because they have a guaranteed "right" to own a gun enshrined in their law foolishly.  When gun nuts realise that is not a means of preventing crime but a means of guaranteeing it, then I can have a conversation with them.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm:

Tsk, tsk, it was a shooting by two gun nuts which nearly killed a four year old child.   They had guns because they have a guaranteed "right" to own a gun enshrined in their law foolishly.  When gun nuts realise that is not a means of preventing crime but a means of guaranteeing it, then I can have a conversation with them.    Roll Eyes

It was two criminals committing a crime, but our resident anti-gun hysteric decided to place the story in Hunting & Fishing for emotional effect.

Otherwise any overly emotional nut bag could place any serious crime using pretty much any weapon in here. Knives are used in hunting, fishing and stabbing of humans. Are you going to accuse me of being a knife nut, you know because I have at least half a dozen filleting and bait knives in easy reach and I do 'need' them for fishing purposes.

My accusation of duplicitous posting still stands.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 3:44pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:20pm:

It was two criminals committing a crime, but our resident anti-gun hysteric decided to place the story in Hunting & Fishing for emotional effect.

"Hysteric"?   Really?  You are aware of the original meaning of the term, aren't you, BigOl64?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Otherwise any overly emotional nut bag could place any serious crime using pretty much any weapon in here. Knives are used in hunting, fishing and stabbing of humans. Are you going to accuse me of being a knife nut, you know because I have at least half a dozen filleting and bait knives in easy reach and I do 'need' them for fishing purposes.

If you attempt to extol the virtues of knives, other than as tools, BigOl64, I'll call you are "knife-nut" if that floats your boat.   You appear unable or unwilling to distinguish between real law-abiding gun owners and "gun nuts" like the Baron and Co.   Guns are dangerous tools and should be treated with caution and be used only by licensed gun owners who need them to do a particular job which cannot be accomplished by other means.   These two fellows decided to settle an argument it seems with the use of a firearm, nearly killing a four year child.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

No "duplicity" on my part, BigOl64.  This is the forum that has become the place to discuss gun issues.  I posted this here because it was appropriate.   I'm actually tired of arguing with gun nuts.   Australia has taken IMHO the right course and restricted ownership as to the type and the reasons why people can own guns.   At the present moment, it appears to have short-circuited the irrational gun nuts who used to go out and murder dozens of their fellow Australians.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:20pm:

"Hysteric"?   Really?  You are aware of the original meaning of the term, aren't you, BigOl64?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

If you attempt to extol the virtues of knives, other than as tools, BigOl64, I'll call you are "knife-nut" if that floats your boat.   You appear unable or unwilling to distinguish between real law-abiding gun owners and "gun nuts" like the Baron and Co.   Guns are dangerous tools and should be treated with caution and be used only by licensed gun owners who need them to do a particular job which cannot be accomplished by other means.   These two fellows decided to settle an argument it seems with the use of a firearm, nearly killing a four year child.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

No "duplicity" on my part, BigOl64.  This is the forum that has become the place to discuss gun issues.  I posted this here because it was appropriate.   I'm actually tired of arguing with gun nuts.   Australia has taken IMHO the right course and restricted ownership as to the type and the reasons why people can own guns.   At the present moment, it appears to have short-circuited the irrational gun nuts who used to go out and murder dozens of their fellow Australians.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think I found the problem.

You think a gun nut is criminal who uses a gun to commit serious crimes as is the case here and regularly misuse the term to apply to other people who are not. Where I just see them as some overly enthusiastic gun owner.

A criminal is a criminal and that is all there is. Keep the criminal stuff out of the hunting and fishing thread and you will get less push-back an more focus on what it was you want to highlight. Something you have not achieved because of your weird hatred / fear of guns and misapplication of term gun nut.

So a gun nut is an overly enthusiastic enthusiast much like a fan-boy and a criminal is a criminal, they are not the same.

Hysteria = madness of the womb - from the greek for uterus   So yeah I know what it means  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 7:08pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm:
I think I found the problem.

You think a gun nut is criminal who uses a gun to commit serious crimes as is the case here and regularly misuse the term to apply to other people who are not. Where I just see them as some overly enthusiastic gun owner.

A criminal is a criminal and that is all there is. Keep the criminal stuff out of the hunting and fishing thread and you will get less push-back an more focus on what it was you want to highlight. Something you have not achieved because of your weird hatred / fear of guns and misapplication of term gun nut.

So a gun nut is an overly enthusiastic enthusiast much like a fan-boy and a criminal is a criminal, they are not the same.

Gun nuts can include criminals, BigOl64.   Gun nuts are people who believe they have a right to own a gun in Australia.  They don't.  They never have.  They have a privilege and in 1996 the Government reacting to the Port Arthur and other massacres curtailed it.  Gun nuts are fools who believe we have a "second amendment right to keep and bear arms".   We don't, we are not governed by the US Constitution.

Gun nuts are more than just "over-enthusiastic" about gun ownership - they believe we should all have guns to deter criminals.   Unfortunately, they don't think we need any training, nor do we need considerably more discipline than most Australian citizens have at the moment, before we can be allowed loose with a firearm.  Nor do they consider that this would not just be limited to "law abiding firearms owners".   It would mean Australia became awash with firearms and the criminals would be able to access them as well.   The result would be carnage they cannot even imagine.   The US has provided us with a perfect example of where that is true.

Quote:
Hysteria = madness of the womb - from the greek for uterus   So yeah I know what it means  Smiley Smiley

Only problem is, I am not a woman, BigOl64, so I am lacking an essential element in the equation...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:46am

And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having gunsFour-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Big deal, how many kids are nearly run over when crossing the road even after looking both ways?

One nut should not, & will not, affect the Liberty & security of the other 300+ million law abiding American citizens.

Quote:
.......the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

You might not like 'them' having 'their' guns in 'their' Country.....suck it up Princess....you have no say whatsoever on what 'they' can & can't do..... never have, never will.  Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:56am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:55am

Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:46am:
Big deal, how many kids are nearly run over when crossing the road even after looking both ways?
[/i][/font][/size]

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:02am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:55am:

I'll bring the marshmallows, & the sticks......we'll sit around that little campfire & enjoy! 
Grin Grin Grin

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:24am

Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:02am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:55am:

https://i.imgsafe.org/557ccab1e3.gif

I'll bring the marshmallows, & the sticks......we'll sit around that little campfire & enjoy! 
Grin Grin Grin

Did that on the weekend. You dont't seem like a caver, so not interested.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:59pm

And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having gunsFour-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

One nut should not, & will not, affect the Liberty & security of the other 300+ million law abiding American citizens.

Quote:

You might not like 'them' having 'their' guns in 'their' Country.....suck it up Princess....you have no say whatsoever on what 'they' can & can't do..... never have, never will.  Wink

Excuses, excuses.  Oh, no, we can't see some people not allowed guns, they have a Constitutional Right to have a gun!   Doesn't matter that they are more dangerous with a firearm, that they endanger the lives of innocents, that they hurt and kill people.  Oh, no, we can't stop them having guns!   You are a gun nut.  You quote long out of date reports and you believe nothing has changed.  Fool.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #13 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:59pm:

Quote:

Excuses, excuses.  Oh, no, we can't see some people not allowed guns, they have a Constitutional Right to have a gun!   Doesn't matter that they are more dangerous with a firearm, that they endanger the lives of innocents, that they hurt and kill people.  Oh, no, we can't stop them having guns!   You are a gun nut.  You quote long out of date reports and you believe nothing has changed.  Fool.    Roll Eyes

Any American Citizen who wants to buy a gun, & exercise their Constitutional Right, is able to do so providing they can pass a Comprehensive Background Check assuring they are not a previously convicted violent criminal, or sentenced to over one year in prison.....a "Felon"......& they have also never been diagnosed as having a violent mental illness.....either condition would preclude them from legally purchasing a firearm virtually anywhere in America (the "Black Market" being the street supermarkets of choice for hardened criminals).

If the background check was failed, they are automatically reported to the Federal Authorities, which usually means prison time on the first offense if the findings are validated.

If the Comprehensive Background Check is passed, usually within 1 to 3 days, if they have the funds they can purchase any firearm that they wish (handgun...revolver or semi-automatic....Rifle...single-shot, or semi-automatic) ....or whatever accessories they wish if it's for sale at the location they passed the check in.........

No records, outside of the local shop sales record, is kept regarding the sale. Federal Firearm Ownership Databases are expressly forbidden by law in America, unless it's a highly restricted firearm such as a machine gun...etc, where extensive records are kept in the only legal Federal Database permitted in America.

The American People by & large, accept these facts & procedures, so you not liking their "Rights" is totally immaterial to them...... so, stomp your feet, & scream out loud........it's suck it up fella......because it's not changing in your lifetime Wink

Quote:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."  -- John F. Kennedy

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:06pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:39pm

Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm:

Quote:

Any American Citizen who wants to buy a gun, & exercise their Constitutional Right, is able to do so providing they can pass a Comprehensive Background Check assuring they are not a previously convicted violent criminal, or sentenced to over one year in prison.....a "Felon"......& they have also never been diagnosed as having a violent mental illness.....either condition would preclude them from legally purchasing a firearm virtually anywhere in America (the "Black Market" being the street supermarkets of choice for hardened criminals).

If the background check was failed, they are automatically reported to the Federal Authorities, which usually means prison time on the first offense if the findings are validated.

If the Comprehensive Background Check is passed, usually within 1 to 3 days, if they have the funds they can purchase any firearm that they wish (handgun...revolver or semi-automatic....Rifle...single-shot, or semi-automatic) ....or whatever accessories they wish if it's for sale at the location they passed the check in.........

No records, outside of the local shop sales record, is kept regarding the sale. Federal Firearm Ownership Databases are expressly forbidden by law in America, unless it's a highly restricted firearm such as a machine gun...etc, where extensive records are kept in the only legal Federal Database permitted in America.

The American People by & large, accept these facts & procedures, so you not liking their "Rights" is totally immaterial to them...... so, stomp your feet, & scream out loud........it's suck it up fella......because it's not changing in your lifetime Wink

Quote:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."  -- John F. Kennedy

Still making excuses.  Still giving reasons why gun nuts can have guns when they are not disciplined enough, not sensible enough, to have a gun.  Tsk, tsk, anything to allow gun nuts to have guns, nothing to ensure the safety of children, the disabled, the aged, innocents who are shot all too often in American streets by gun nuts.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #15 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 9:38am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Still making excuses.  Still giving reasons why gun nuts can have guns when they are not disciplined enough, not sensible enough, to have a gun.  Tsk, tsk, anything to allow gun nuts to have guns, nothing to ensure the safety of children, the disabled, the aged, innocents who are shot all too often in American streets by gun nuts.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Excuses.....no excuses, there is nothing to excuse.

I firmly believe in America's Second Amendment, & the principals behind America's understanding of the Right to own & use firearms.

The Right to keep & bear arms was not intended to codify hunting, gun clubs, or sports shooting, it was intended to recognize the Peoples inalienable Right to Self-Defense, & the means to reject government that refuses to honor the Inalienable Rights of the People.......at last resort eliminate such a tyrannical government by force.

The fact that there are some people, an extremely small percentage, that misuse & abuse this Inalienable Right, should not, & must not, impact upon the rights of those that don't.

➣ ➣ ➣ So, on this issue Brian, the very best outcome will be, is that we both must agree that we will always firmly disagree on this subject.

And, in the end, it will be the American People's Right to accept or reject, a right which has always been at their disposal since ratification of their Constitution.

If the American People, & only the American People, feel so strongly about an issue such as this, to change their Constitution, there is a process to do so within that Constitution.

So, offer an EXCUSE for America's Right to Keep & Bear Arms? .....

There is none, for none is called for or required .....

You can't excuse facts......so no excuse will ever be offered from me, only acknowledgment of facts.

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:21am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:00am

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #17 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:56pm

American society is ill and the medicine that will fix it's illness is gun control legislation which is enforced uniformly across their nation.   Legislation that prevents gun nuts and criminals from getting access to firearms, legal or illegal.   Otherwise, it will keep on murdering innocents who have done them no harm.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #18 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:56pm:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

American society is ill and the medicine that will fix it's illness is gun control legislation which is enforced uniformly across their nation.   Legislation that prevents gun nuts and criminals from getting access to firearms, legal or illegal.   Otherwise, it will keep on murdering innocents who have done them no harm.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

You haven't been reading......they have Federal Comprehensive Background Checks in place in every State in America, which should catch nuts & crims attempting to purchase a firearm....

Unfortunately, leftist progressive bleeding hearts (mental health physicians) that want to protect nut-jobs from the stigmas associated with their conditions, from being placed in a database, keeps too many of the diagnosed mentally ill out of the database used in the Background Checks......

Probably 99%+ of all crims will be in the National Database, but the Mentally ill, they're another thing.....from what I read, many physicians don't report their diagnoses, so you get what they want you to have......& BTW they are the sobbering leftist progressives that decry the government isn't doing enough for mental health, & gun control when 20 kids get whacked by a nutjob.....

As far as buying firearms on the Black Market......that is, & until shut down, always will be a problem......with an estimated 85%+ of criminals obtaining a firearm, gets it on the street.....the Black Market.

Anyone.....nut-job or criminal, will be able to pick up a firearm, if they want one, on America's extensive Black Market.

With an estimated 8 to 10 million or so Black Market firearms out there in America, price would be the only hindrance.

So in the end, being armed, & trained in the use of those arms, in America is the best way for law-abiding Americans from becoming a CDC & FBI murder statistic.

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:40pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Panther wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:22pm:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

[size=11][font=Georgia][i]You haven't been reading......they have Federal Comprehensive Background Checks in place in every State in America, which should catch nuts & crims attempting to purchase a firearm....

And we still have gun nuts murdering innocents across America.  Looks to me like the background checks aren't enforced.  It looks like the legislation is not uniform nor enforced, Panther.  Gun nuts still have access to firearms.   Tsk, tsk. the only thing which will cure the US's gun culture is for uniform legislation and enforcement across the entire nation.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #20 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 10:24am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:15pm:

You haven't been reading......they have Federal Comprehensive Background Checks in place in every State in America, which should catch nuts & crims attempting to purchase a firearm....

And we still have gun nuts murdering innocents across America.  Looks to me like the background checks aren't enforced.  It looks like the legislation is not uniform nor enforced, Panther.  Gun nuts still have access to firearms.   Tsk, tsk. the only thing which will cure the US's gun culture is for uniform legislation and enforcement across the entire nation.    Roll Eyes

They don't want, nor do they need more gallant words written on paper that neither government nor the local law enforcement is able to, or willing to, enforce at the moment of their dire need.

In America they prefer to take responsibility for their own safety, & provide for their own self-defense. In America, that's the way it always was, & that's the way it always will be.......because that's the way THEY want it.......

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:41pm

Panther wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 10:24am:

They don't want, nor do they need more gallant words written on paper that neither government nor the local law enforcement is able to, or willing to, enforce at the moment of their dire need.

In America they prefer to take responsibility for their own safety, & provide for their own self-defense. In America, that's the way it always was, & that's the way it always will be.......because that's the way THEY want it.......

So, they are gun nuts are they?  Tsk, tsk, the very people who should not be allowed access to firearms.  The ill-disciplined, ill-trained, undesirables.   The only cure for that sort of attitude is to have the firearms laws universal and enforced across the USA.   Until that happens, gun nuts will still be able to brandish their firearms and shoot innocents.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #22 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:41pm:

So, they are gun nuts are they?  Tsk, tsk, the very people who should not be allowed access to firearms.  The ill-disciplined, ill-trained, undesirables.   The only cure for that sort of attitude is to have the firearms laws universal and enforced across the USA.   Until that happens, gun nuts will still be able to brandish their firearms and shoot innocents.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

That will never happen, but <sigh> you're just too ignorant to even understand why.

When you're on your deathbed, sucking in those last precious breaths, you can leave this world to the next knowing that America is still awash in firearms, & every average, law-abiding American Citizen, who can pass a Comprehensive Background Check, can still buy just about any firearm made, in the shop where he passed the check.........

If his firearm of choice is not there, he can have it shipped in for a nominal fee to the sender & the receiver, as long as the shipper is also a Federally licensed firearms salesman.

There are dozens upon dozens of ways Americans die, & way down the list is firearms.......a fraction of.....less than 1/2 of 1%.....so the general population will go on without skipping a beat.

Occasionally they will wake up to a news flash, 50 students were shot down 'Allahu Akbar Style', the left will be in their typical anti-gun feeding frenzy....blaming the guns, the NRA, the Republicans, loop-holes, etc....etc....etc, rather than the poor misunderstood muslim.......2 months later any mention of the event won't even make page 6 or the evening news, nothing will change, the Second Amendment will be as strong as ever, & life in everyday America will continue as always..... day after day .......as if nothing had ever happened.......

It's a shame you won't even be there to comment about it.......RIP Bwian.....you fought a valiant fight.....you lost, but at least you passed satisfied in the fleeting knowledge that you tried, in your losing cause..... ...
    Cool   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:26pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:16pm

Panther wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:41pm:

That will never happen, but <sigh> you're just too ignorant to even understand why.

Oh, I understand it won't happen and I understand why, Panther.  That does not prevent me wishing that it could happen and knowing why it should happen.   You just flatly refuse to acknowledge the danger that widespread and unfettered ownship of firearms has caused for American society.  You might like the idea of living in a Wild West mob but sensible and civilised people don't.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #24 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:16pm:

Oh, I understand it won't happen..........but sensible and civilised people don't. 

This is something you will never understand about the American way of life Brian.......

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:09pm

Panther wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:27pm:

Oh, I understand it won't happen..........but sensible and civilised people don't. 

This is something you will never understand about the American way of life Brian.......

No, I don't understand the "American way of life", Panther.  I don't understand a society that values it's adult freedoms over the lives of four year old girls.   I don't understand a society where everybody distrusts everybody else to the point they are fear each other so much they feel that they must, absolutely must, have a semi-automatic/fully-automatic firearm by their sides at all times.   I don't understand a society which claims to be civilised but prefers to kill innocents.   I don't understand a society that claims to be civilised but prefer death rather than life for it's youngest members.  Tsk, tsk, it appears American society is insane, Panther and it has lost it's way.  It needs some tough love to make it value the freedoms it has...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #26 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:09pm:

No, I don't understand the "American way of life", Panther.  I don't understand a society that values it's adult freedoms over the lives of four year old girls.   I don't understand a society where everybody distrusts everybody else to the point they are fear each other so much they feel that they must, absolutely must, have a semi-automatic/fully-automatic firearm by their sides at all times.   I don't understand a society which claims to be civilised but prefers to kill innocents.   I don't understand a society that claims to be civilised but prefer death rather than life for it's youngest members.  Tsk, tsk, it appears American society is insane, Panther and it has lost it's way.  It needs some tough love to make it value the freedoms it has...    Roll Eyes

See, I knew you'd never understand, but that's not important.........you don't need to understand.

As long as America is comfortable with how it understands the value of it's Liberties, it's not necessary for us to completely understand, nor is it necessary for us to understand at all......

America is for Americans, & whatever makes them happy is for them to ultimately accept or reject....as far as firearm ownership.....in their open & free society, in their form of government, their level of ownership sits fine with them, so it isn't a concern for us.

They will comfortably survive for the next 250+ years as they have for the first......with guns, not without them, regulated by their brand of laws, not the high level of restrictions many here in Australia take as acceptably 'normal'.   ...

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #27 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:46pm

What you don't understand is you are just being emotional. I have tried and failed to help you understand that the US is no longer one Nation. When the Rights of the individual were replaced with group rights we were divided into ethnic and political groups. The hyphenated Americans commit almost all of the gun crimes and no amount of restrictions on honest citizens is going to change that. We build, we create, we improve on existing systems and we own most of the guns. We don't shoot indiscriminately endangering anyone. It's the thug that pissed away twelve or more years of free education and can't hold a good job because his goal in life was to be a bad ass. It's the man who believes (insert butt hurt group here) doesn't have a chance because those people whoever they are work to keep him down. No brian, taking all the guns won't fix any problems. The guy with the  biggest stick will still try to have power over others.

When they come for me I have a stick too and they will be able to listen to it!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:20am

American society is insane.  It cares for its individual freedoms and has forgotten that every individual is a member of a broader society.   A society which is made up of different groups, different individuals.   Time for American society to wake up or it will end up splintered and broken forever because it's individuals are crazy.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #29 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:38am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:46pm:

What you don't understand is you are just being emotional. I have tried and failed to help you understand that the US is no longer one Nation. When the Rights of the individual were replaced with group rights we were divided into ethnic and political groups. The hyphenated Americans commit almost all of the gun crimes and no amount of restrictions on honest citizens is going to change that. We build, we create, we improve on existing systems and we own most of the guns. We don't shoot indiscriminately endangering anyone. It's the thug that pissed away twelve or more years of free education and can't hold a good job because his goal in life was to be a bad ass. It's the man who believes (insert butt hurt group here) doesn't have a chance because those people whoever they are work to keep him down. No brian, taking all the guns won't fix any problems. The guy with the  biggest stick will still try to have power over others.

When they come for me I have a stick too and they will be able to listen to it!

The hyphenated Americans commit almost all of the gun crimes

Statistics for this statement?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #30 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:05am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:20am:
American society is insane.  It cares for its individual freedoms and has forgotten that every individual is a member of a broader society.   A society which is made up of different groups, different individuals.   Time for American society to wake up or it will end up splintered and broken forever because it's individuals are crazy.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

That therein may be the root of some of your misunderstanding......

America is not Multicultural, but a foundation of a new way of life comprised of many ethnic & religious values. Multiculturalism is where different cultures are permitted or encouraged to flourish, where cultures are actually encouraged to maintain their unique identities, & what makes them different is more important than the fibers that should bind them.

Unique Ethnic Identities are permitted, but when an immigrant arrives in America they are instructed that they must take on a new American Identity, accept & follow the United States Constitution (Americas Law of the Land)....the only law, learn to understand, speak, & write English fluently. Maintain their ethnic customs, but assimilate into a new American Culture.

Their heritage, where they came from is important to remember, but it should be considered as their "old way", & being American is their future, their "New Way".......they must homogenize into society....the "American Fabric"....they must assimilate.

Those that don't assimilate after a period of time, are faced with a return trip to their point of origin. If that's impossible because their lives would be in danger, then they will be "helped" to further understand assimilation, & gradually understand their future prosperity depends extensively on how successfully they assimilate.

All immigrants to America have gone through assimilation, & in almost all cases their immense desire to do so allowed them to overcome the pitfalls of remaining in their former cultural identities......their "old ways"...........& embrace the "American Way of Life"  Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:11am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #31 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:34pm

America was created as a new society without a doubt.  It appears to have forgotten the key part of that statement - society and instead substituted "individual".   Without society, roads, railways, cities would not exist.  Markets wouldn't exist.   Industry would not exist and so on and so on.  Without society, there would be no kindergartens, schools, hospitals, universities.   America would cease to be a nation and instead just be a collective of individuals who occasionally fly in formation.   Guns are the acid which is destroying that any cohesion that America had as a society. this lust, this thirst for guns needs to curbed.   Tsk, tsk.   Get rid of Trump.  Get rid of Hilary.  Get rid of Sanders.   Get a real leader in their who can lead America out of this morass it is sinking deeper and deeper into.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #32 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 8:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:34pm:
America was created as a new society without a doubt.  It appears to have forgotten the key part of that statement - society and instead substituted "individual".   Without society, roads, railways, cities would not exist.  Markets wouldn't exist.   Industry would not exist and so on and so on.  Without society, there would be no kindergartens, schools, hospitals, universities.   America would cease to be a nation and instead just be a collective of individuals who occasionally fly in formation.   Guns are the acid which is destroying that any cohesion that America had as a society. this lust, this thirst for guns needs to curbed.   Tsk, tsk.   Get rid of Trump.  Get rid of Hilary.  Get rid of Sanders.   Get a real leader in their who can lead America out of this morass it is sinking deeper and deeper into.    Roll Eyes

Your daft....America won't ever give up it's Right to it's guns, & the government won't risk sure annihilation by attempting to take them away.....anyway....Trump has ensured that a pro-gun Supreme Court will answer any challenge to the Second Amendment from the anti-gun limp noodle left, & with the probability of 1 maybe 2 more nominees for Trump (Conservative pro-gun nominees of course) in the next 4 years, were looking at an overwhelming Conservative Justice plurality (positions for life) for many decades to come.....in the Supreme Court, but in the lower courts as well (Trump has a large affect on their nominations too Wink )

So, jump up & down in your toilet, scream your lil lungs out, then cry your crocodile tears for almost shot 4 year old girls till hell freezes over, then emerge to watch Americans enjoying their firearms for the next 50 years without obstruction......end of story.....end of discussion..... Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 8:52pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #33 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:39pm

American society needs some tough love, Panther.  It needs to be shown that there is alternatives to always seeking to fondle their fetish objects, their guns.   It needs to be shown that real men don't need guns to be real men.   It needs a real leader, not this faux leader, Donnie who can't even figure out where Syria is or where his carrier groups are on the map.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #34 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 12:01am

Now I understand where you are coming from with your opinions. The safety of the Herd, Flock or Pack is the goal and individuals who are on the edge when the predators attack get sacrificed.
We don't need strong leaders in government, we need competent Servants to produce those things which are not possible or practical for us to do on our own.

The individual is the one who creates and organizes the projects, the group cooperates to complete it. The individual has the Natural Right of self defense, not the group.

http://fredoneverything.org/notes-for-a-white-kid-in-universityan-introduction-t...

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:10am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 12:01am:

Now I understand where you are coming from with your opinions. The safety of the Herd, Flock or Pack is the goal and individuals who are on the edge when the predators attack get sacrificed.
We don't need strong leaders in government, we need competent Servants to produce those things which are not possible or practical for us to do on our own.

The individual is the one who creates and organizes the projects, the group cooperates to complete it. The individual has the Natural Right of self defense, not the group.

http://fredoneverything.org/notes-for-a-white-kid-in-universityan-introduction-t...

Sounds like Communism to me Mort.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #36 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:43am

What does, everything belongs to everyone which means no one owns anything?

There are no individuals under communism, just drones!

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:45am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:43am:

What does, everything belongs to everyone which means no one owns anything?

There are no individuals under communism, just drones!
You obviously havent read Marx and Engels.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #38 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 1:53am

There you go, that is all of the time their writings merit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_each_according_to_his_ability,_to_each_accord...

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:10am

didnt know you were a Commo Mort. It never works though. Whatever environment you stick a bunch of people in, the minority will end up with the most and the majority the least.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #40 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 11:30am

The individual is the one who creates and organizes the projects,
the group cooperates to complete it.
The individual has the Natural Right of self defense, not the group........

Spot On!!!
  +1   

Furthermore:

Government serves at the pleasure of the People ..... The People do not serve at the pleasure of Government.

The Government is the hired Servants of the People.

Government gets ALL its power to govern/to serve from the People, & that power is limited by the People.

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2017 at 12:00pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:52pm

Oh, dear another racist who complains when his racism is identified and mentioned as well, racism.  Tsk, tsk, there is only one "race", the human one.  We all have the same DNA, we all can interbreed.  "racism" is a social construct created by people to justify their oppression of other people on the basis of the colour of their skin, the shape of their eyes, the thickness of their lips, the kinkiness of their hair.   It is obsolete and deserves to be consigned to the dustbin of history.   Today's white people aren't guilty of being racists unless they want to be well, racists.   It's their choice.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:54pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 11:30am:
Government serves at the pleasure of the People ..... The People do not serve at the pleasure of Government.

Government gets ALL its power to govern/to serve from the People, & that power is limited by the People.

What a pity they pay a pittance and you end up with a fool like Trump leading you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #43 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:54pm:

What a pity they pay a pittance and you end up with a fool like Trump leading you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Don't I wish......but alas, I'm stuck just like you.....with Malcolm......which, when I think of the alternative (ShortSh!t)
that's not all that bad. Wink 

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:52pm:
  Tsk, tsk, there is only one "race", the human one.  We all have the same DNA, we all can interbreed.  

neanderthal man interbred with our ancestors brian, does that mean they were the same species as us?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #45 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:21pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:00pm:

Don't I wish......but alas, I'm stuck just like you.....with Malcolm......which, when I think of the alternative (ShortSh!t) that's not all that bad. Wink

Ah, well, Shorten came within one seat of unseating Malcom.  So much for the idea of a Double Dissolution fixing the Senate for him.   I actually like President Trumple.  Problem is, he is a captive of the party that elected him.  He cannot put forward the policies which he believes in and we end up with the ramshackle, useless bullshit that he spouts.    Roll Eyes

Shorten it seems is much more in control of the ALP than Trumble is in of the Liberals.   I'm reminded of the Pryor cartoon of the mid-1980s which showed Hawke being carried over the finishing line by his cabinet while Howard was trying to carry his shadow cabinet over the line.   As Peacock once said, "We cannot hope to govern the country if we cannot govern ourselves."   The Liberals are trying to lie, cheat and browbeat the voters.   Shorten isn't.   Cool

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #46 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:21pm:

Don't I wish......but alas, I'm stuck just like you.....with Malcolm......which, when I think of the alternative (ShortSh!t) that's not all that bad. Wink

Ah, well, Shorten came within one seat of unseating Malcom.  So much for the idea of a Double Dissolution fixing the Senate for him.   I actually like President Trumple.  Problem is, he is a captive of the party that elected him.  He cannot put forward the policies which he believes in and we end up with the ramshackle, useless bullshit that he spouts.    Roll Eyes

Shorten it seems is much more in control of the ALP than Trumble is in of the Liberals.   I'm reminded of the Pryor cartoon of the mid-1980s which showed Hawke being carried over the finishing line by his cabinet while Howard was trying to carry his shadow cabinet over the line.   As Peacock once said, "We cannot hope to govern the country if we cannot govern ourselves."   The Liberals are trying to lie, cheat and browbeat the voters.   Shorten isn't.   Cool

Exactly, ShortSh!t doesn't try to cheat and browbeat voters.....nahhhh, he just lies......just simply lies to them incessantly, until they walk off to the polls lowly mumbling his lies over & over to themselves because they believe they are true but don't know why.......

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:13pm

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:20pm:
  Tsk, tsk, there is only one "race", the human one.  We all have the same DNA, we all can interbreed.  

neanderthal man interbred with our ancestors brian, does that mean they were the same species as us?
Looks like Brain ran away from the question. Let me answer my own question. No, it does not. In other words maintaining animals are the same species or race simply because they can interbreed is scientifically incorrect. As evidenced by our own earlier interbreeding with both Neanderthal and Denisovian man who were indeed a different species to modern man.

Were Neanderthals a different species?
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/02/04/were-neanderthals-a-different-...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:32pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:06pm:

Exactly, ShortSh!t doesn't try to cheat and browbeat voters.....nahhhh, he just lies......just simply lies to them incessantly, until they walk off to the polls lowly mumbling his lies over & over to themselves because they believe they are true but don't know why.......

Oh, well, no point in talking to you, when you have a mind as closed as yours appears to be.  Tsk, tsk, a one-eyed Liberal voter, let me guess you prefer Tone Rabbit over Trumble?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:41pm

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:13pm:

Looks like Brain ran away from the question. Let me answer my own question. No, it does not. In other words maintaining animals are the same species or race simply because they can interbreed is scientifically incorrect. As evidenced by our own earlier interbreeding with both Neanderthal and Denisovian man who were indeed a different species to modern man.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/02/04/were-neanderthals-a-different-...

The Genetic Literacy Project?  Questionable ethics.  Takes money from the John Templeton Foundation - a religious think tank in the US which favours the US ideals of religion, capitalism and of course, "race".    Roll Eyes

I genuinely missed your question, Rhino.  Sorry.   Neanderthals and modern humans are different species.   All the real genetic research favours that conclusion.  That does not mean that early humans were closer to Neanderthals than we are now and so interbred with them.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:41pm:

The Genetic Literacy Project?  Questionable ethics.  Takes money from the John Templeton Foundation - a religious think tank in the US which favours the US ideals of religion, capitalism and of course, "race".    Roll Eyes

I genuinely missed your question, Rhino.  Sorry.   Neanderthals and modern humans are different species.   All the real genetic research favours that conclusion.  That does not mean that early humans were closer to Neanderthals than we are now and so interbred with them.

the research is out, the author of the link means little. scientific fact Brian, we all have a little neanderthal in us. 2 different species who bred together.  Surprised you didnt know that, man with your education.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #51 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 8:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:32pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:06pm:

Oh, well, no point in talking to you, when you have a mind as closed as yours appears to be.  Tsk, tsk, a one-eyed Liberal voter, let me guess you prefer Tone Rabbit over Trumble?   Roll Eyes

To be absolutely honest, voting is mandatory, I've voted in my Shire, but outside of that I absolutely flat out refuse to vote ..... I protest against mandatory voting, not with an informal vote like some other cowards who aren't willing to pay for the right 'not to vote', I just stay home & refuse to vote, & whether or not I have ever paid a fine, or how much I paid, that's for me to know....so who do I prefer between Willie ShortSh!t, Tony, or Malcolm?....I really don't give a rats ass for any of them, never voted for any of them, & never will .... be they Labor, Liberal, or Greenie......I love Paula's message, but sorry, I won't break my oath not to vote ..... for any of 'em, for any reason......full stop!  Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:06pm

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:45pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:41pm:

the research is out, the author of the link means little. scientific fact Brian, we all have a little neanderthal in us. 2 different species who bred together.  Surprised you didnt know that, man with your education.

I was aware of it.  My problem is you quoting a source which believes in Intelligent Design...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:30pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 8:38pm:
To be absolutely honest, voting is mandatory, I've voted in my Shire, but outside of that I absolutely flat out refuse to vote ..... I protest against mandatory voting, not with an informal vote like some other cowards who aren't willing to pay for the right 'not to vote', I just stay home & refuse to vote, & whether or not I have ever paid a fine, or how much I paid, that's for me to know....so who do I prefer between Willie ShortSh!t, Tony, or Malcolm?....I really don't give a rats ass for any of them, never voted for any of them, & never will .... be they Labor, Liberal, or Greenie......I love Paula's message, but sorry, I won't break my oath not to vote ..... for any of 'em, for any reason......full stop!  Wink[/i][/font][/size]

*SIGH*,  I am unsure why people believe that voting is mandatory.  It is not.  No one makes you take a ballot paper, no one stands next you while you mark the ballot paper.   All that is required of you is that you attend the polling station, have your name marked off the electoral roll and that you don't leave the polling station with a ballot paper.  We have mandatory attendance at the polling station, nothing more.

As to your political preferences, I don't care what they are, just that if you state them, be prepared to explained the reasons why you have made that statement and be prepared to argue them.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #54 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 12:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:30pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 8:38pm:
To be absolutely honest, voting is mandatory, I've voted in my Shire, but outside of that I absolutely flat out refuse to vote ..... I protest against mandatory voting, not with an informal vote like some other cowards who aren't willing to pay for the right 'not to vote', I just stay home & refuse to vote, & whether or not I have ever paid a fine, or how much I paid, that's for me to know....so who do I prefer between Willie ShortSh!t, Tony, or Malcolm?....I really don't give a rats ass for any of them, never voted for any of them, & never will .... be they Labor, Liberal, or Greenie......I love Paula's message, but sorry, I won't break my oath not to vote ..... for any of 'em, for any reason......full stop!  Wink[/i][/font][/size]

*SIGH*,  I am unsure why people believe that voting is mandatory.  It is not.  No one makes you take a ballot paper, no one stands next you while you mark the ballot paper.   All that is required of you is that you attend the polling station, have your name marked off the electoral roll and that you don't leave the polling station with a ballot paper.  We have mandatory attendance at the polling station, nothing more.

As to your political preferences, I don't care what they are, just that if you state them, be prepared to explained the reasons why you have made that statement and be prepared to argue them.    Roll Eyes

I Do all my local Council Shire voting by mail, & as far as showing up at a polling station for any reason whatsoever........that isn't going to happen....I refuse, & they have never seen my name checked off in any polling station, never handed me a paper ballot.....if it costs me, it costs me.....it's only money....My God given right to refusal.....exercised proudly.

Being that this topic has gone totally stale & off focus, it's no longer worthwhile responding to, so I will remove it from my notifications.....I've said my piece/proven & explained all my points.....   ...

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:04pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print