Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Four-year-old girl nearly shot... (Read 9278 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Four-year-old girl nearly shot...
Reply #45 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:21pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:00pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:54pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 11:30am:
Government serves at the pleasure of the People ..... The People do not serve at the pleasure of Government.

The Government is the hired Servants of the People.

Government gets ALL its power to govern/to serve from the People, & that power is limited by the People.

What a pity they pay a pittance and you end up with a fool like Trump leading you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Don't I wish......but alas, I'm stuck just like you.....with Malcolm......which, when I think of the alternative (ShortSh!t) that's not all that bad. Wink

Ah, well, Shorten came within one seat of unseating Malcom.  So much for the idea of a Double Dissolution fixing the Senate for him.   I actually like President Trumple.  Problem is, he is a captive of the party that elected him.  He cannot put forward the policies which he believes in and we end up with the ramshackle, useless bullshit that he spouts.    Roll Eyes

Shorten it seems is much more in control of the ALP than Trumble is in of the Liberals.   I'm reminded of the Pryor cartoon of the mid-1980s which showed Hawke being carried over the finishing line by his cabinet while Howard was trying to carry his shadow cabinet over the line.   As Peacock once said, "We cannot hope to govern the country if we cannot govern ourselves."   The Liberals are trying to lie, cheat and browbeat the voters.   Shorten isn't.   Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #46 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:21pm:
Government serves at the pleasure of the People ..... The People do not serve at the pleasure of Government.

Government gets ALL its power to govern/to serve from the People, & that power is limited by the People.

What a pity they pay a pittance and you end up with a fool like Trump leading you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Don't I wish......but alas, I'm stuck just like you.....with Malcolm......which, when I think of the alternative (ShortSh!t) that's not all that bad. Wink

Ah, well, Shorten came within one seat of unseating Malcom.  So much for the idea of a Double Dissolution fixing the Senate for him.   I actually like President Trumple.  Problem is, he is a captive of the party that elected him.  He cannot put forward the policies which he believes in and we end up with the ramshackle, useless bullshit that he spouts.    Roll Eyes

Shorten it seems is much more in control of the ALP than Trumble is in of the Liberals.   I'm reminded of the Pryor cartoon of the mid-1980s which showed Hawke being carried over the finishing line by his cabinet while Howard was trying to carry his shadow cabinet over the line.   As Peacock once said, "We cannot hope to govern the country if we cannot govern ourselves."   The Liberals are trying to lie, cheat and browbeat the voters.   Shorten isn't.   Cool

Exactly, ShortSh!t doesn't try to cheat and browbeat voters.....nahhhh, he just lies......just simply lies to them incessantly, until they walk off to the polls lowly mumbling his lies over & over to themselves because they believe they are true but don't know why.......

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:13pm

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 3:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 2:52pm:
  Tsk, tsk, there is only one "race", the human one.  We all have the same DNA, we all can interbreed.  

neanderthal man interbred with our ancestors brian, does that mean they were the same species as us?
Looks like Brain ran away from the question. Let me answer my own question. No, it does not. In other words maintaining animals are the same species or race simply because they can interbreed is scientifically incorrect. As evidenced by our own earlier interbreeding with both Neanderthal and Denisovian man who were indeed a different species to modern man.

Were Neanderthals a different species?
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/02/04/were-neanderthals-a-different-...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:32pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:06pm:

Exactly, ShortSh!t doesn't try to cheat and browbeat voters.....nahhhh, he just lies......just simply lies to them incessantly, until they walk off to the polls lowly mumbling his lies over & over to themselves because they believe they are true but don't know why.......

Oh, well, no point in talking to you, when you have a mind as closed as yours appears to be.  Tsk, tsk, a one-eyed Liberal voter, let me guess you prefer Tone Rabbit over Trumble?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:41pm

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:13pm:
  Tsk, tsk, there is only one "race", the human one.  We all have the same DNA, we all can interbreed.  

neanderthal man interbred with our ancestors brian, does that mean they were the same species as us?
Looks like Brain ran away from the question. Let me answer my own question. No, it does not. In other words maintaining animals are the same species or race simply because they can interbreed is scientifically incorrect. As evidenced by our own earlier interbreeding with both Neanderthal and Denisovian man who were indeed a different species to modern man.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/02/04/were-neanderthals-a-different-...

The Genetic Literacy Project?  Questionable ethics.  Takes money from the John Templeton Foundation - a religious think tank in the US which favours the US ideals of religion, capitalism and of course, "race".    Roll Eyes

I genuinely missed your question, Rhino.  Sorry.   Neanderthals and modern humans are different species.   All the real genetic research favours that conclusion.  That does not mean that early humans were closer to Neanderthals than we are now and so interbred with them.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:41pm:

The Genetic Literacy Project?  Questionable ethics.  Takes money from the John Templeton Foundation - a religious think tank in the US which favours the US ideals of religion, capitalism and of course, "race".    Roll Eyes

I genuinely missed your question, Rhino.  Sorry.   Neanderthals and modern humans are different species.   All the real genetic research favours that conclusion.  That does not mean that early humans were closer to Neanderthals than we are now and so interbred with them.

the research is out, the author of the link means little. scientific fact Brian, we all have a little neanderthal in us. 2 different species who bred together.  Surprised you didnt know that, man with your education.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #51 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 8:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:32pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:06pm:

Oh, well, no point in talking to you, when you have a mind as closed as yours appears to be.  Tsk, tsk, a one-eyed Liberal voter, let me guess you prefer Tone Rabbit over Trumble?   Roll Eyes

To be absolutely honest, voting is mandatory, I've voted in my Shire, but outside of that I absolutely flat out refuse to vote ..... I protest against mandatory voting, not with an informal vote like some other cowards who aren't willing to pay for the right 'not to vote', I just stay home & refuse to vote, & whether or not I have ever paid a fine, or how much I paid, that's for me to know....so who do I prefer between Willie ShortSh!t, Tony, or Malcolm?....I really don't give a rats ass for any of them, never voted for any of them, & never will .... be they Labor, Liberal, or Greenie......I love Paula's message, but sorry, I won't break my oath not to vote ..... for any of 'em, for any reason......full stop!  Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:06pm

rhino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:45pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:41pm:

the research is out, the author of the link means little. scientific fact Brian, we all have a little neanderthal in us. 2 different species who bred together.  Surprised you didnt know that, man with your education.

I was aware of it.  My problem is you quoting a source which believes in Intelligent Design...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:30pm

Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 8:38pm:
To be absolutely honest, voting is mandatory, I've voted in my Shire, but outside of that I absolutely flat out refuse to vote ..... I protest against mandatory voting, not with an informal vote like some other cowards who aren't willing to pay for the right 'not to vote', I just stay home & refuse to vote, & whether or not I have ever paid a fine, or how much I paid, that's for me to know....so who do I prefer between Willie ShortSh!t, Tony, or Malcolm?....I really don't give a rats ass for any of them, never voted for any of them, & never will .... be they Labor, Liberal, or Greenie......I love Paula's message, but sorry, I won't break my oath not to vote ..... for any of 'em, for any reason......full stop!  Wink[/i][/font][/size]

*SIGH*,  I am unsure why people believe that voting is mandatory.  It is not.  No one makes you take a ballot paper, no one stands next you while you mark the ballot paper.   All that is required of you is that you attend the polling station, have your name marked off the electoral roll and that you don't leave the polling station with a ballot paper.  We have mandatory attendance at the polling station, nothing more.

As to your political preferences, I don't care what they are, just that if you state them, be prepared to explained the reasons why you have made that statement and be prepared to argue them.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #54 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 12:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:30pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 8:38pm:
To be absolutely honest, voting is mandatory, I've voted in my Shire, but outside of that I absolutely flat out refuse to vote ..... I protest against mandatory voting, not with an informal vote like some other cowards who aren't willing to pay for the right 'not to vote', I just stay home & refuse to vote, & whether or not I have ever paid a fine, or how much I paid, that's for me to know....so who do I prefer between Willie ShortSh!t, Tony, or Malcolm?....I really don't give a rats ass for any of them, never voted for any of them, & never will .... be they Labor, Liberal, or Greenie......I love Paula's message, but sorry, I won't break my oath not to vote ..... for any of 'em, for any reason......full stop!  Wink[/i][/font][/size]

*SIGH*,  I am unsure why people believe that voting is mandatory.  It is not.  No one makes you take a ballot paper, no one stands next you while you mark the ballot paper.   All that is required of you is that you attend the polling station, have your name marked off the electoral roll and that you don't leave the polling station with a ballot paper.  We have mandatory attendance at the polling station, nothing more.

As to your political preferences, I don't care what they are, just that if you state them, be prepared to explained the reasons why you have made that statement and be prepared to argue them.    Roll Eyes

I Do all my local Council Shire voting by mail, & as far as showing up at a polling station for any reason whatsoever........that isn't going to happen....I refuse, & they have never seen my name checked off in any polling station, never handed me a paper ballot.....if it costs me, it costs me.....it's only money....My God given right to refusal.....exercised proudly.

Being that this topic has gone totally stale & off focus, it's no longer worthwhile responding to, so I will remove it from my notifications.....I've said my piece/proven & explained all my points.....   ...

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2017 at 1:04pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print