Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Let the killing begin (Read 3927 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Let the killing begin
Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:21pm

I know all those soft c0cks who are happy to slaughter everything that swims with shark nets on their own beaches will be up in arms, but fkk you all.

It's time to make the north safe for northerners to go near the water.

After having one or two close encounters while fishing, Im sure taking out the big crocs near towns and cities of North Queensland won't be a problem.

IN THE latest instalment of sometimes-offbeat Queensland politics, the state’s upcoming May budget is being held hostage by two men from the outback.
And they are refusing to release it until the Premier agrees to start killing crocodiles.
The Sunshine State’s two cross bench Katter’s Australia Party MPs, Robbie Katter and Shane Knuth, helped Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk form a minority government in the state’s hung parliament in 2015.
The pair has largely supported the Labor Party in the ensuing two years, but over the issue of crocodile culling, they have put their collective feet down.
Katter’s Australia Party MPs Robbie Katter and Shane Knuth are holding the Queensland state budget hostage. Photo: Claudia BaxterSource:News Corp Australia
Mount Isa MP Mr Katter and Dalrymple’s Mr Knuth say they will not let Ms Palaszczuk’s May budget pass, unless she agrees to crocodile population control measures in the state’s north.
Among the measure the pair want the Premier to agree to are crocodile hunting safaris, similar to African big game hunts that attract tourists from across the globe.
“People think it’s unreasonable making threats on the budget, well how else do you get people to listen?” Mr Katter told reporters in Cairns.

“Our obligation is to go down there and vote for the interests of north Queensland, and if people are dying and you can’t get them to listen, what are you supposed to do?”

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/politics/katters-australia-party-thre...

IP Logged

oh dear
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Let the killing begin
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:02pm

I have a mate who worked on a station at Normanton who brought back a home video fishing in a tinny in the river. I was surprised to see a huge number of crocs lying on the riverbanks some of them were huge no way I would fish in a tinny.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:33am

oh dear wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:02pm:
I have a mate who worked on a station at Normanton who brought back a home video fishing in a tinny in the river. I was surprised to see a huge number of crocs lying on the riverbanks some of them were huge no way I would fish in a tinny.

I won't go in anything less than 4.8 metres, bastards will leap out of the water to get you anyway.  Smiley Smiley

No-one goes swimming anymore, because of the southern government's desire to let the croc population run rampant,

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2017 at 6:39pm

When I visited Roper River in the NT..I came across camp of fisher men on the river bank who had  a supply of dogs...they would throw dog in and if a croc took it then you didn't go swimming that day.. come to think of it we went fishing in a tinny lol, but it all worked out ok.. and we scored a few good meals of mud crabs

In the evening you could see many eyes peering at you from the water at dusk...crocs were plentiful and no one was ever bothered by them trying to invade a tent.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 6:38am

Agnes wrote on Apr 15th, 2017 at 6:39pm:

When I visited Roper River in the NT..I came across camp of fisher men on the river bank who had  a supply of dogs...they would throw dog in and if a croc took it then you didn't go swimming that day.. come to think of it we went fishing in a tinny lol, but it all worked out ok.. and we scored a few good meals of mud crabs

In the evening you could see many eyes peering at you from the water at dusk...crocs were plentiful and no one was ever bothered by them trying to invade a tent.

agnes tell me you are kidding me about the dogs.... please...

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 8:56am

cods wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 6:38am:

Agnes wants to promote the idea that callous Aussies would throw their dog into croc infested water.

That, is what Agnes is doing, in saying that.

No self respecting Aussie would throw his/her dog into croc infested water.

A moslem would though, imo.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:04am

Psalms 71:4
Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

Proverbs 12:10
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Moslems = = wicked and cruel people.

Proof ??????

------------- >

cited here.....
THE RELIGION OF PEACE

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 10:49am

It is an old bullsh1t tale heroes tell their gullible mates.

Croc spots are obvious most of the time, and either you don't fish there or you fish from the back of your ute.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 12:45pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 10:49am:

It is an old bullsh1t tale heroes tell their gullible mates.

Croc spots are obvious most of the time, and either you don't fish there or you fish from the back of your ute.

LOL

That would be a novel way to fish!

Cast in your line, from the back of your ute, parked up to the edge of teh water.

.....and probably a very good idea, for some croc infested areas!     haha

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 3:06pm

I am just repeating what they told us cods...and there were a lot of dogs around the place..it wasn't a town, it was a camp site on the edge of the Roper River. But no I didn't actually see them do this but if you saw the amount of crocs and the size of them then who knows...but lets say no cods they might have been pulling our legs...I would never want to go up that way again...sometimes we camped not in a tent but in the open and we could hear crocs sliding into the water at night..I think back now about how stupid and risky that was...no dogs were hurt I am sure cods. Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2017 at 3:32pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 3:10pm

my partner used to go croc and buffalo shooting in the NT..he would sleep in a tree at night..and write letters to me from his perch on high...no way I would sleep in a tree..I tend to turn a lot in my sleep lol

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 3:44pm

I didn't come to FNQ looking for a safe place for the "kiddies to play." I came because its wild and tropical, and I love it when people say they hate it. Maybe they'll go away. Let our wild things be wild, we have f***ed up enough other places. Bob Katter is a suburbanite in a Stetson. He should go and live in Brisbane.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 3:52pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
I didn't come to FNQ looking for a safe place for the "kiddies to play." I came because its wild and tropical, and I love it when people say they hate it. Maybe they'll go away. Let our wild things be wild, we have f***ed up enough other places.

It would be nice to know if you go near the water's edge, you aren't going to end up as crocodile sh1t.

I was fishing at the Bohle River a few years ago on a low tide and we nearly ended up with a 2.5 meter in the boat as it was leaping from the bank into the water, in that same river a fisherman nearly got taken and boaties had to be extremely wary of a 4.2.

This rive flow through the northern half of Townsville city at the Northern Beaches, so no swimming there either.

This unabated explosion of croc numbers makes it extremely dangerous fro everyone and the bullsh1t of 'Croc Wise' and relocation is just that. The government of south east Queensland would never let that bullsh1t stand if it was them being killed or unable to go near the water.

Trust me life in the north is vastly better when you don't have to worry about being eaten.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 6:49pm

I didn't come to FNQ looking for a safe place for the "kiddies to play." I came because its wild and tropical, and I love it when people say they hate it. Maybe they'll go away. Let our wild things be wild, we have f***ed up enough other places. Bob Katter is a suburbanite in a Stetson. He should go and live in Brisbane.

y are natives   leave them alone.. like the kangaroo  they were here long before whitey and his guns....

I havent heard of anyone being taken by a croc for a while sharks YES...

man is supposed to be the intelligent one...

stay as far away as possible....when it says not swimming obey the sign...
'
get a BRAIN or even half a one..should do it Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 1:22pm

cods wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 6:49pm:

I havent heard of anyone being taken by a croc for a while sharks YES...

It's in the news and it is information that is very easy to find and it happens very often.

FATAL CROC ATTACKS IN AUSTRALIA SINCE THE SPECIES BECAME PROTECTED IN 1971:
* NT: 23 fatal; 50 non-fatal
* Qld: 9 fatal; 19 non-fatal
* WA: 2 fatal; 12 non-fatal
* Fatality rate (% of people killed during attacks) is 30.4% for Australia.
* On average, that's 0.8 fatalities per year Australia-wide caused by crocodiles.

10 MOST RECENT FATAL CROC ATTACKS IN AUSTRALIA:
* Jan 2017 - NT. Gunbalanya man, 47, killed by a 3.3m croc after wading into the notorious Cahills Crossing near Kakadu National Park
* Jun 2016 - Qld. Cindy Waldron, 46, killed by a croc during a late night dip at a beach north of Cairns
* Jan 2014 - NT. Boy, 12, snatched by a croc while swimming at a billabong in Kakadu on Australia Day
* Jun 2014. NT. Fisherman Bill Scott, 62, was emptying a bucket on his boat when a 4.7m crocodile leapt up and snatched him, killing him in front of his family
* Aug 2014 - NT. Man, 22, disappeared on the Tiwi Islands, police found biological remains in the stomach of a croc shot shortly afterwards
* Aug 2014 - Vietnamese fisherman, 57, killed by albino-headed crocodile known as Michael Jackson while fishing at Adelaide River
* Aug 2013 - NT. Sean Cole, 26, taken by a 4.7m crocodile while racing another man across Mary River as a dare.
* Dec 2012 - NT. Boy, 9, snatched while swimming at a waterhole at the Gumarrirnbang outstation.
* Nov 2012 - NT. Girl, 7, killed by a 3m croc while swimming at Manggabor Creek, Gumarrirnbang Outstation.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/fatal-crocodile-attacks-in-austral...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print