Send Topic Print
I'm rich !!! (Read 2260 times)
Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
I'm rich !!!
Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:24am

Whoo-hoo! All of my money worries are over. I'm going to resign from my job tomorrow!

Received this in the mail yesterday (and, by ROYAL MAIL airmail no less. Names blacked out to protect the innocent/guilty).

Anyone here who like to share in my soon to be acquired wealth, feel free to contact me. Grin

(I've reported it to Scamwatch this morning although I'm sure they've already seen it and are still seeing many more like it).
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:48pm by Carl D »  

scam1.jpg (181 KB | 53 )
scam1.jpg

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I'm rich !!!
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:27am

Please include bank account details. Wink

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:32am

lee wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:27am:
Please include bank account details. Wink

Of course.  Grin

Reminds me of this oldie but goodie:

http://www.stearns.org/fun/nigerian-email-conference.htm

The pictures don't seem to show anymore but it is still funny even without them.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:33am

I haven't had one for ages.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 4:39pm

thank christ they didn't send it to bobby  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Last time I saw one of these was about 16 years ago when I was an internet n00b and didn't know that having your email address on display online would lead to an eventual torrent of email spam.

First time I've ever had one in the regular mail though.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:58pm

some things never change  even the wording.. ooops  I think the amount has got larger...in my day it was about $5mill... my name is quite a common name  they would have taken 20 years to track us all down...hilarious..

I bet Nicola has a big black face.. and hairy chest

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm

So poorly worded that it could not come from a bank's institution.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 7:42pm

I got a an email today -
notice it's not addressed to anyone's name.  Grin

In accordance to my religious belief, I felt expedient to write and inform you on the wicked conspiracy hatched under the supervision of Dr. Adesola Kazeem Adeduntan of the First Bank Nigeria Plc, Mr. Phillip Duro of the Ministry of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele and their cohorts, to divert your fund to their designated account in Europe.

From my position as a fund transfer computer diskette operating analysis officer with the central bank, I discovered that they moved your fund from Nigeria to ABN AMRO Bank in Netherlands. I found out through the Central computer database that they are about to reroute your fund to JP MORGAN CHASE BANK AMERICA.

With this, I felt that it is important for me to alert you on this development. They still use your name and payment identification number as the beneficiary but they have changed the account co-ordinate and that is why they are frustrating you by asking for more money every time in order for them to perfect their act. I have the payment reference number of the transaction and also I have information on whom you should report this matter to for immediate action and investigation. I do not need any gratification from you either in cash or kind, I do this because of my religious belief.

I can never be a part of evil because the bible says " YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE" (JOHN 8:32). Please respect my discretion in this matter. You can send an email to me so that I can give you the reference number and the follow up information on how you should go about this. I repeat, please do not expose my person, it is not easy to get jobs around here and I cannot contend with these powerful individuals as they can go to any length for revenge.

Thank you and Remain Blessed.

Rev. (Dr.) Fred O. William

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 7:51pm

It must work. The Africans are making millions out of these Scams and more. It's a thriving economy.

Last year, $1.3 million lost from one NSW coastal suburb most full of retirees who felt it best to respond to letters like originally posted and send their money overseas.

Australians are the most gullible people to be scammed on the Net than any other people.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 7:55pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 7:51pm:
It must work. The Africans are making millions out of these Scams and more. It's a thriving economy.

Last year, $1.3 million lost from one NSW coastal suburb most full of retirees who felt it best to respond to letters like originally posted and send their money overseas.

Australians are the most gullible people to be scammed on the Net than any other people.

Yes - many people on the net have surprisingly low IQs.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:03pm

Australia is an Aged Care Facility
where the oldies whinge about not enough Pension
but seem to have plenty to spend on Africans and Asians with their scams. Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:08pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:03pm:
Australia is an Aged Care Facility
where the oldies whinge about not enough Pension
but seem to have plenty to spend on Africans and Asians with their scams. Roll Eyes

I saw a show on TV once -
some of those Nigerians do OK out of it.
Many are multi-millionaires -
all from ripping off suckers.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:11pm

Australia gets hacked and scammed successfully about over 100,000 per day. Unbelievable! Thats a lot in a population of just 24 million and falling.

$1.3 million out of one coastal suburb in a year full of oldies.
You can't tell me that 'Scamming' is not a lucrative business in this day and age.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 11:38pm

Got a castle and 2.2m Euro estate to pick up, another castle and land and inheritance in Ireland, and this lovely African lady who is a Christian who is dying of cancer and whose husband left her all this money needs to ship it out of the country for safekeeping so that it will go to orphans worldwide - all I have to do is give my bank account details so she can shift it there and I receive 10%.  It's a hefty sum... I'd cop at least $10m US....

People must be dumb to fall for this all the time.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print