Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
more scumbag DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (Read 3401 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

more scumbag DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:10am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/man-allegedly-stabbed-ex-37-times-with...

A YOUNG woman has courageously spoken from her intensive care bed to reveal how her ex-boyfriend allegedly tried to “ruin” her looks by stabbing her 37 times with a pair of scissors.

The 25-year-old told The Daily Telegraph her face was targeted in the assault in which the assailant partially cut off her nipple and she even feared her breast implants would explode during a sickening attack at her Turrella home in the early hours of Friday.

“He attacked and started stabbing me and there was blood everywhere,” she said.

“I thought I was going to die”.

The 25-year-old alleged her nipple was cut off and her face was attacked
“I thought I was going to die. I was screaming for help and I had to run into my flatmate’s room.

“They had to cut off my clothes and everything, it was the worst moment of my life. I’ve got breast implants and he even tried to pop my implants, he tried to cut my nipple off.”

The woman also said: “It really seems like he has tried to ruin the way I look”.

Her ex-boyfriend was refused bail at Tamworth Local Court on Tuesday after being charged with attempted murder and a string of other domestic violence charges.

The alleged victim said: “It really seems like he has tried to ruin the way I look”.
Police will allege his ex-girlfriend had been trying to end things with the 29-year-old before he allegedly broke into her house.

They had been in an on-and-off relationship for several years, police claim.

He had allegedly assaulted her last month — leaving her with a broken nose and black eyes, police claim.

The injured woman was taken to St George Hospital with serious injuries. Picture: Bill Hearne
Police had been looking for him as a result of that March 22 incident, but after Friday’s attack they launched a statewide manhunt. Three days later he was tracked down at a Tamworth hotel on Peel St and arrested.

Police then charged him with attempted murder, breaking and entering and inflicting grievous bodily harm along with wounding a person to cause grievous bodily harm over the incident last Friday.

NO MEANS NO SCUMBAGS..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: more scumbag DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:13am

Sickening. I hope she is tremendously supported and gets all the help she needs to heal, as best she can.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:25am

I hope he gets 20years

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:35am

Why he wasn't already n jail after breaking her nose and blackening her eyes a month prior is anyone's guess.

That's serious assault.

With a history of domestic violence, he should have been locked away.

Just how many women need to die, be disfigured, be severely traumatised or otherwise victimised  before we take domestic violence seriously in this nation?

It all seems like lip service thus far.

Meanwhile, women and children are suffering unbearably.

And men too. I don't mean to diminish the very real fact of violence against men.

Something s very, very wrong in the hen-house.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:43am

they were looking for him... but his actions werent as serious as the stabbing.....so they gave him   extra attention and caught him in 3 days....poor women must have been terrified knowing he would come back...

I have huge concern about the way our young.. men in  particular .. seem to be out of control these days..

we have always had D.V.  but rarely to the extent it goes these days..

whats happening?????....are we really this despicable?.

I have a few theories...

but  we are definitely getting meaner...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:58am

cods wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:25am:
I hope he gets 20years

'20 years' means out in 15 or earlier ... still young and ready to become an ex-boyfriend again.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:02am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:58am:
I hope he gets 20years

'20 years' means out in 15 or earlier ... still young and ready to become an ex-boyfriend again.

I know but what else is there....on ACA last night was a case where a Nth Shore rapist is now out...albeit with an ankle bracelet...hes done 18 yrs of a 20 yr sentence...the women they interviewed were a mess.. living in total fear he will come after them again....

their lives are ruined  and his will go on.....

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:04am

I don't know if it's really any worse than it ever has been, Cods.

It's just more reported these days. We  have advocates who speak out loud .. we never used to have that.

Women and children have always been abused.

I do take you seriously though. There does seem to be a general propensity for violence that never used to be the case. For example, the increase in male victims of domestic violence. That was unheard of, years ago.

And drugs like ice don't help, but that falls a long way short of explaining the phenomenon. We've always had alcohol, for example. And DV isn't restricted to drug and alcohol users.

I have a feminist philosophy on this .. and for edification, feminism to me means equality ... and that s family violence is very much about control. The more out of control a person feels, the more likely they are to 'kick the dog'. We live in uncertain times where many people are under unnatural stress. We have evolved to deal with certain stressors, those assailing us these days are new though. We are still learning.

I'd be interested in hearing your theories though, Cods. You've seen a few moons rise so i'm sure you have an informed position.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:07am

I blame Islam

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:08am

there is a way to help prevent this.

what i have found amongst my daughters friends is that the girls who are anxious or slightly depressed will tend to attract an angry boy.

i cant comment on the specifics, but it seems to be a pattern and the best solution , as i drummed into my girls , is to make yourself feel strong powerful and resilient and have very firm personal boundaries.

the best way forward with this (for girls)is to

eat great food
hit the gym
surround yourself with people in high vibration energy.
kids are like sponges and will soak up and assume the "frame" of those they associate with.

i wouldnt want my girls watching negative and anxiety producing stuff in the mainstream media or hanging out with other girls who are down, negative, fearful or anxious.

it is up to mothers and fathers to be confident, strong, powerful and pass on this vibe.  my gut feeling is that many of the people involved in treating domestic violence are fearful , anxious, tragic, despairing, despondent, hopeless, frightened and miserable.

these emotions are NOT the emotions to transfer onto a girl to build her resilience.  better to spend your time in the presence of people who are crushing it in life and oozing awesomeness then to spend your time with hand wringers and "weak sauce' counsellors

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:10am

cods wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:02am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:58am:
I hope he gets 20years

I know but what else is there....on ACA last night was a case where a Nth Shore rapist is now out...albeit with an ankle bracelet...hes done 18 yrs of a 20 yr sentence...the women they interviewed were a mess.. living in total fear he will come after them again....

their lives are ruined  and his will go on.....

We have to put more energy into rehabilitation.

We should be throwing our best and brightest at  criminals who will be returning to the public sphere.

We should be exposing students to them, to cut their teeth and develop their understanding of their studies.

Enough with just locking people away punitively. They only come out with a degree in how to be a better criminal ... and institutonalised.

It doesn't work. Recidivism proves that.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:10am

John Smith wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:07am:
I blame Islam

It had to be said.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:11am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:08am:

what i have found amongst my daughters friends is that the girls who are anxious or slightly depressed will tend to attract an angry boy.

i cant comment on the specifics, but it seems to be a pattern and the best solution , as i drummed into my girls , is to make yourself feel strong powerful and resilient and have very firm personal boundaries.

eat great food
hit the gym
kids are like sponges and will soak up and assume the "frame" of those they associate with.

i wouldnt want my girls watching negative and anxiety producing stuff in the mainstream media or hanging out with other girls who are down, negative, fearful or anxious.

it is up to mothers and fathers to be confident, strong, powerful and pass on this vibe.  my gut feeling is that many of the people involved in treating domestic violence are fearful , anxious, tragic, despairing, despondent, hopeless, frightened and miserable.

these emotions are NOT the emotions to transfer onto a girl to build her resilience.  better to spend your time in the presence of people who are crushing it in life and oozing awesomeness then to spend your time with hand wringers and "weak sauce' counsellors

Good-o. Blame the victim. Brilliant.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:23am

mothra wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:11am:

eat great food
hit the gym

not at all,

good preparation prevents poor outcomes.

so we "prepare' young girls properly.

if someone jumps on a horse and gets hurt and i say that you need to prepare properly for such an event, am i "blaming the victim"?
if a young girl is going to jump into a relationship and i say you need to prepare yourself properly, this is not blaming the victim, this is trying to prevent a bad outcome.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:38am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:23am:
mothra wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:11am:

eat great food
hit the gym

not at all,

good preparation prevents poor outcomes.

so we "prepare' young girls properly.

if someone jumps on a horse and gets hurt and i say that you need to prepare properly for such an event, am i "blaming the victim"?
if a young girl is going to jump into a relationship and i say you need to prepare yourself properly, this is not blaming the victim, this is trying to prevent a bad outcome.

You are absolutely blaming the victim.

And, as is typical of your posts, you are doing so tremendously naively.

You cannot 'prepare' against domestic violence. It happens to all sorts of people in all sorts of situations across all income brackets.

There is no way of telling that the charming man who presents as acceptable on all counts will not turn on you at any given moment.

The ONLY thing we need to teach our daughters is that it not OK to be made to feel intimidated within her relationship. That being made to feel intimidated, in any way for whatever reason, is a red flag.

We need to teach people that it is OK to speak out .. and provide for the a safe place in which to speak.

We need to quadruple funding for early intervention.

Do you know how hard it is to get into DV counselling in this country? How few counselors? How little incentive to go to them anyway?

People like you simply endorse the stigma associated with DV. I honestly don't know whether in your case this is intentional or not. You seem part troll, part idiot. Whatever, you are sending the wrong message.

It is a dangerous message. Simplistic and dismissive, in equal measure.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print