Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
more scumbag DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (Read 3424 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: more scumbag DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Reply #30 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 2:59pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:22am:
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

- Attributed to Socrates by Plato

Socrates was right - just as cods is correct in what she has said.

I believe it might be a wave-pattern phenomenon that roller-coasters with every few generations.

I've had three teachers this year telling me what feral pigs the kids are nowadays - and all three blame the culture of parental irresponsibility in the home.

And how did your parents take to you liking rock'n'roll, Herbie? Or have i got your generation wrong?

I seem to recall seeing plenty of references in popular culture to how appalled parents were about their kids listening to The Beatles and the subsequent decay of the social moral fabric.

Isn't it more the case that older people always criticise the young because they haven't taken the time to try to relate to them? So judge them all by the worst case scenarios?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:11pm

mothra wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm:
And how did your parents take to you liking rock'n'roll, Herbie? Or have i got your generation wrong?

herbie was raised in an orphanage in Hong Kong. He's as British as Mr Wong from the American Express adds.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:15pm

I had no father after age 8. There was no 'rock n roll in my mother's home or later in my aunt's home. It simply wasn't played, and had to be heard on the sly, so to speak.

I seem to recall seeing plenty of references in popular culture to how appalled parents were about their kids listening to The Beatles and the subsequent decay of the social moral fabric.

The Beatles era passed me by like a ship in the night. That whole era left me cold. Trash music. The Rolling Stones and all the rest of those buggering drug-addled pretenders.

Isn't it more the case that older people always criticise the young because they haven't taken the time to try to relate to them? So judge them all by the worst case scenarios?

Grin Grin Grin

What Parental Guide Book did you swallow?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:19pm

Here's the sort of music and genuine talent I want you to pay more attention to, Mothra - for your personal growth and moral edification:

God Bless America.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:02pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:15pm:

I had no father after age 8. There was no 'rock n roll in my mother's home or later in my aunt's home. It simply wasn't played, and had to be heard on the sly, so to speak.

The Beatles era passed me by like a ship in the night. That whole era left me cold. Trash music. The Rolling Stones and all the rest of those buggering drug-addled pretenders.

Grin Grin Grin

What Parental Guide Book did you swallow?

I will take your inability to address any of the points i made as tacit agreement, Herbie.

Here, have a proper song:

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 6:27pm

Jesus CHRIST, Mothra! I didn't deserve that Devil's music. I could feel myself sinking into a deep pit of despair and hopelessness with each twang of them unholy geetars!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print