Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 
Send Topic Print
Fake news...what is it really (Read 44726 times)
Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Re: Fake news...what is it really
Reply #405 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:30am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 9:49am:
Serious question to Richdude SerialBrain and I am the idiot. Why trust the sources you provide vs the ones we provide?

Well we finally agree on something.

To answer your question and its a good one. When a media gives 95% negative stories about one side of politics. In so doing they break the rules of journalistic integrity and impartiality.

Then you and your left wing friends start parroting what they say as though its the absolute truth.

You have no problem supporting propaganda?

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #406 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:31am

Richdude wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:30am:
Serious question to Richdude SerialBrain and I am the idiot. Why trust the sources you provide vs the ones we provide?

To answer your question and its a good one. When a media gives 95% negative stories about one side of politics. In so doing they break the rules of journalistic integrity and impartiality.

Then you and your left wing friends start parroting what they say as though its the absolute truth.

Given that the vast majority of the links you post do the same, just on the other side, whats the difference. My argument would be that if as you argue we post left wing propaganda, you don't win an argument by posting RW propaganda.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #407 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:53am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:31am:

Given that the vast majority of the links you post do the same, just on the other side, whats the difference. My argument would be that if as you argue we post left wing propaganda, you don't win an argument by posting RW propaganda.

They attack the media as fake because they don't like what they have to say. 

They don't question the bloggers they put forward as "independent journalists" because they like what they have to say.

That's it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #408 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:54am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:53am:

They don't question the bloggers they put forward as "independent journalists" because they like what they have to say.

That's it.

I know, but like my students I want them to get the answer out not just give it away.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #409 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:58am

I am not a journalist. I will post anything I like - especially as it may restore some balance to some truth starved people.

I am not right wing. Confronting left wing lies does not make one right wing.

You have eyes yet you don't see. You have ears yet you don't hear and you have a brain yet you cannot .......

A lot of truth in the bible Bojack. Have you read it?

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #410 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:02pm

Richdude wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:58am:

I am not a journalist. I will post anything I like - especially as it may restore some balance to some truth starved people.

I am not right wing. Confronting left wing lies does not make one right wing.

You have eyes yet you don't see. You have ears yet you don't hear and you have a brain yet you cannot .......

A lot of truth in the bible Bojack. Have you read it?

Once you ignore the lies from one side while making a big song and dance about what you call lies on the other, you've picked a side.

Don't pretend to be a centrist or an independent, you've proved long ago that it's not the case.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #411 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:03pm

That's it.

The alt media generally is correct.

However you and your buddies were convinced absolutely that Trump was employed by Putin.

Now that is about as insane as it gets. Yes/No? If you are recovering you would say - yes!

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #412 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:05pm

Richdude wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:03pm:

That's it.

However you and your buddies were convinced absolutely that Trump was employed by Putin.

Now that is about as insane as it gets. Yes/No? If you are recovering you would say - yes!

Read the report.

Seriously. 

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #413 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:20pm

Is that 1. Factually proven to be correct
2. Agree with you so they are correct

I'm going with 2

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #414 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 5:23am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:20pm:

I'm going with 2

Yep that's why the online alt media is being censored by the thought police. Suppress all contrary opinions to the official - worked well for Joseph for almost 40 years!

Can't have the 95% opinion makers contradicted. Got to be 100% - Nazi style.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #415 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 8:14am

Richdude wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 5:23am:
Yep that's why the online alt media is being censored by the thought police. Suppress all contrary opinions to the official - worked well for Joseph for almost 40 years!

That's another popular lie going around.  They're not being censored...

The platforms they post on, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc, are private companies where those who use the platform are the product being sold.

Those who are buying are advertisers wanting to sell their products and services.

Those who use these platforms have not had to spend any money on them and in fact, earn money from them, but they feel entitled to this "free" money.

There are terms of use that anyone using these platforms needs to abide by.  Those claiming they're being censored are mainly the ones who tell lies and promote conspiracy or do any of the other unacceptable actions counter to the rules of the platform. 

In a free market capitalist world, the one you and those on the right advocate for Rich, advertisers find this content toxic for their brands and will pull their money from the platform if the platforms can't prevent their ads showing on said content.

Demonetising it not censorship. 

These bloggers and vloggers aren't owed anything.  Their entitlement on display around this subject is eye-opening.  A lot of these same posters attack the poor for not trying hard enough or having their hands out, claiming people should lift themselves up by their bootstraps and that government regulation and intrusion in our lives is bad, but once something impacts them, they abandon all of that.

There are calls for government regulation of these platforms and bringing the constitution into this.

Government regulation of how private businesses operate and generate their profits.  This is, EXACTLY the type of thing many of these cry babies argue against when attacking the lower classes, but now want for themselves.

The reality is, the "alt media" are better characterised as "alt truth" or "alt reality". 

They have an audience because some people would prefer that they didn't vote for a buffoon without a plan, experience or the skill to be President who lies more than any other President on record.  Rather than being reminded of all the terrible things he's done, actually done, the lies he'd told, the negative impacts of his policies or even the truth about them, these people look elsewhere.

This is where the "alt media" come in.

In order to keep this audience, they have to keep getting more extream in their narratives which take them further from the truth and closer to conspiracy each and every day.

This is toxic to advertisers, the people who pay their bills. 

Do you think a Project Management platform online wants their product and brand linked to a conspiracy that Hillary Clinton started the California wildfires using space lasers to clear a path to build a high-speed rail line to help her traffic children for an even deeper conspiracy?

No, of course they don't.

Rather than being removed from the platform (with a few exceptions in the likes of Infowars etc who exploit mass shootings and the conspiracies around those) they are simply demonetised.  They're still given a platform to spew their hate and lies, but they can't profit from it without seeking their own sponsors.

They profit from lies and fake news.

And you now paint them as the victim Rich?

Nah mate, that's not how it works.

These outlets that are claiming censorship, they're exploiting you.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #416 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:48am

I'm going with 2

I'm not trying to censor you. Nothing proves how dumb your side is then by allowing you to speak.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #417 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:26am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:48am:

I'm going with 2

I'm not trying to censor you. Nothing proves how dumb your side is then by allowing you to speak.

I didn't say or infer that you were. Besides your're not in a position to so - even though you like to be - eh?

As far as making "dumb comments" - Bojack I have never heard you say anything smart.

The "conservative" voices are being silenced - fact!

Apparently the radical left are so sure of themselves that they have to silence news that doesn't fit their agenda.

From colleges banning contrary speakers, MSM, social media and online alternate opinions. How very fascist. However Bojack doesn't support censorship only those opinions which contradict his left wing ideas.

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:31am by Richdude »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #418 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:30am

Richdude wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:26am:
[

I didn't say or infer that you were. Your're not in a position to so.
However Bojack doesn't support censorship only those opinions which contradict his left wing ideas.

So in fact you are saying it, thanks. Idiot.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #419 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:33am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:30am:
Richdude wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:26am:
[

I didn't say or infer that you were. Your're not in a position to so.
However Bojack doesn't support censorship only those opinions which contradict his left wing ideas.

So in fact you are saying it, thanks. Idiot.

If you had the opportunity - yes I think you would.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 
Send Topic Print