Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Member Run Boards. (Read 733 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Member Run Boards.
Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:36pm

Effendi, it seems that the whole point (as per the Rules of yours) of the Member Run Boards is that the Mod decides (on the basis of whatever their whim is) what is posted in them.

So, why have you stickied that silly topic of yours, the Senate thing you are obsessed with, in all of them, and why cannot the Board Moderators delete it?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Member Run Boards.
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 8:38am

Because it is both important and urgent.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 12:11pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:36pm:
Effendi, it seems that the whole point (as per the Rules of yours) of the Member Run Boards is that the Mod decides (on the basis of whatever their whim is) what is posted in them.

So, why have you stickied that silly topic of yours, the Senate thing you are obsessed with, in all of them, and why cannot the Board Moderators delete it?

Well, well Aussie, it seems I both agree (which is very unusual) & disagree, with you!

Firstly, EVERYTHING HAS LIMITS, so THERE ARE LIMITS ON WHAT MEMBER RUN BOARD MODERATORS CAN & CAN NOT DO!

And, for similar reasoning, THERE ARE ALSO LIMITS ON WHAT THE SITE OWNER CAN & CAN NOT DO!

In this instance, FD appears to be going a "bit" far, by putting putting this issue into every board.

In any event, it is doubtful that by doing so, it will succeed in achieving FD's desired outcome.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:53am

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 8:38am:
Because it is both important and urgent.

That doesn't mean that it has to be put on every single board.
Why did you bother creating all those regional boards and splitting up all the discussions if you were then going to post so called "important" topics in a mass spamming of every board?

It strikes me as ludicrously inconsistent.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print