Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bishop still at it (Read 534 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bishop still at it
Mar 30th, 2017 at 10:31am

Bronwyn Bishop insists she did 'nothing wrong' amid travel expenses investigation

Disgraced former speaker Bronwyn Bishop has launched a passionate defence of her taxpayer-funded travel, declaring she "did nothing wrong" after a report into her expenses said she did not fully cooperate with the investigation.

Ms Bishop resigned as speaker and was dumped by Liberal preselectors after charging the public for a helicopter ride from Melbourne to attend a party fundraiser in Geelong.

The Herald Sun has obtained the official report into her travel expenses showing she repaid nearly $14,000 to the Commonwealth, including for trips to three colleagues' weddings and travel to businessman Kerry Packer's funeral.

The Finance Department report also highlights Ms Bishop's reluctance to help investigators, saying the information she provided was "in large part, lacking in any detail".

It said she stayed silent about hundreds of travel claims because she did not want to "open her life to the world".

"As the department is reliant on information provided by Ms Bishop to fulfil its role in the exercise, no further assessment is possible in relation to the incomplete seven years," the report said.

Ms Bishop lashed out at the media for its focus on her spending, which she defended as being "quite within the rules".

"Give me a break, we're talking about a helicopter ride and some small expenses I also [repaid] plus 25 per cent [penalty]," she told Sky News last night.

"Give me a break. I did nothing wrong.
None of any of that had anything to do with my greed or my pleasure

"What I was doing was my job and I was determined that I would do the job to the best of my ability."

the dumb bitch just doesn't get it

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Re: Bishop still at it
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 10:41am

Go away and die quitely

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 10:54am

Lying, corrupt bitch.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 5:29pm

I think it just goes to show how long she was doing this sort of thing and getting away with it. It became the norm and justified.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 8:30pm

If you have nothing to hide....

Quote:
"As the department is reliant on information provided by Ms Bishop to fulfil its role in the exercise, no further assessment is possible in relation to the incomplete seven years," the report said.

Ms Bishop lashed out at the media for its focus on her spending, which she defended as being "quite within the rules".

Blaming the media is becoming the new norm for Conservative politicians who are caught out!!!

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 12:50am

Going to funerals and parties is a private affair and should be privately funded... no way was she attending The Goanna's funeral in any official capacity - and choppering to a PARTY fund raiser is NOT government business - it is PARTY business.

As I've said many times before (here and elsewhere) - We, the People are not in the business of providing for our elected representatives as royalty, and we are not in the business of enriching those people.

They can fund their private trips to football games, funerals, regattas, parties, property buying ventures and so forth out of their own pocket - same as everyone else.

NOBODY in the workforce, apart from these people, feels they are entitled to have their employer pay for their every move.

If they feel the salary is insufficient - they are always welcome to LEAVE and find a better position elsewhere!

If Bronnie left politics - who would employ her at a greater rate of pay than she has enjoyed for far too many years?

NOBODY!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:47am

Old Pollies never die they just feed off the taxpayers.  Look at Gillard and kruddy.

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:39am

juliar wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:47am:
Old Pollies never die they just feed off the taxpayers.  Look at Gillard and kruddy.

No, lets stay on topic and talk about bronnie. So what do you think loudmouth, did she do anything wrong? Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print