Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Greenies going berserk over Adani (Read 1465 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Greenies going berserk over Adani
Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:25am

The funded from overseas by similar ratbag groups, Greenies are going all out to illegally interfere with Adani which kicks off in August this year and will probably supply clean coal to the proposed Clean Coal Power Station up in nth Qld.

And Pres Trump's goal is clean coal just like our enlightened Malcolm's.

Climate Activists Target Westpac ATMs In Adani Mine Protest. Calls for bank to distance itself from controversial coal mine.
Josh Butler Associate Editor, HuffPost Australia 28/03/2017 5:42 PM AEDT | Updated 14 hours ago

Graphics projected on buildings in Melbourne overnight.

Westpac ATMs nationwide were given a "facelift" overnight by climate activists calling on the bank to rule out supporting the controversial Adani coal mine.

The Australian Youth Climate Coalition plastered ATMs in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Tasmania with a new screen, asking customers "will Westpac use your money to: fund Adani's dangerous coal mine near the Great Barrier Reef; protect our climate and rule out the Adani coal mine".

The group also projected anti-Adani graphics on buildings in Melbourne, including Westpac branches and the Flinders Street station.

The graphics posted on Westpac ATMs around the country by the AYCC

"Westpac are the only big bank who haven't distanced themselves from Adani's controversial coal project, and young people are sick of them dragging their feet instead of safeguarding our future," AYCC's campaign director Gemma Borgo-Caratti told The Huffington Post Australia.

"Westpac claim to be the 'world's most sustainable company' but in 2016 they invested $1451million in fossil fuels and have previously provided for Adani loaning $640m to help them purchase and expand the coal export terminal at Abbot Point."

Posters in Melbourne putting pressure on Westpac

The proposed Carmichael coal mine near Townsville has been embroiled in a political, economic and environmental brouhaha for years now, with the prospect of thousands of new jobs pitted against the impacts it would have on the Great Barrier Reef. Indian coal company Adani wants to build its mine, to be the largest in the southern hemisphere, in the Galilee Basin in central Queensland, and transport coal from there via rail to the coast -- right on the cusp of arguably Australia's greatest natural wonder, the reef.

The proposal includes a terminal at Abbot Point, which would see large ships passing around the reef, as well as massive dredging in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Christensen is among many Coalition members very in favour of the mine, citing massive employment opportunities and other economic benefits -- but green groups have been waging a long campaign against the mine, citing damage to the reef and the possibility of contamination in the event of an accident.

Graphics projected on buildings in Melbourne

In a statement, a Westpac Spokesperson said "we take our sustainability position very seriously and will not provide finance to companies or projects that do not comply with our rigorous sustainability and environmental controls."

"However, it is Westpac's long standing policy not to comment on matters relating to specific companies or projects."

Last week, Ben & Jerry's ice cream came out against the Adani mine. Nationals MP George Christensen called for a boycott of the brand for their stance.

Borgo-Caratti said the AYCC would continue its campaign against Westpac until the bank ruled out supporting the mine.

"For three years AYCC and the general public have been calling on Westpac to do the right thing, this morning we sent a letter to the management of Westpac calling on them to rule out funding Adani and adjust their policy in line with science," she said.

"If Westpac continue to sit on their hands while the Reef bleaches, and we're hit with more extreme weather young people will have no choice but to increase the intensity of the campaigns."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/03/28/climate-activists-target-westpac-atm...

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Greenies going berserk over Adani
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:44am

Well the greens have always been about crippling unemployment over jobs & personal dignity.

So they can go fkk themselves with a cactus for all I care  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:12am

he Australian Youth Climate Coalition plastered ATMs in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Tasmania with a new screen, asking customers "will Westpac use your money to: fund Adani's dangerous coal mine near the Great Barrier Reef; protect our climate and rule out the Adani coal mine".

You mean put a printed A4 sheet on the screen, which would be ripped off in 2 serconds.

Besides clean coal is clean bullshit.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:15am

why are we giving Adani $1B???

whoever made that decision should be charged with treason and shot.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:52am

John Smith wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:15am:

Yes, yes it's terrible that the government should help fund rail infrastructure that public rail stock can and probably will utilise.

But what are you going to do.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:00am

Mr Smith hasn't got a clue about electricity generation but still flogs the lying unsustainable Greenie propaganda bulldust.

Why are Lefties like LW and Mr Smith so dumb ?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:02am

juliar wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:00am:
Mr Smith hasn't got a clue about electricity generation but still flogs the lying unsustainable Greenie propaganda bulldust.

Why are Lefties like LW and Mr Smith so dumb ?

Attacking the posters again juLiar , i suppose when your on your bloody knees trailing 55  Grin 45  Cry one has to resort to these measures  Cheesy

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:04am

Geez them dumb Lefties are getting all aggro now.

And LW does another dumb Lefty copy and dribble scribble.

LW what is it really like being dumb ?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:36pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:52am:

Yes, yes it's terrible that the government should help fund rail infrastructure that public rail stock can and probably will utilise.

of course the public will use it, there's a whole queue of people lining up to catch a train out into the middle of nowhere.

you idiot
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:37pm

juliar wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:00am:
Mr Smith hasn't got a clue about electricity generation

you haven't got a clue what it's like to say anything even semi intelligent

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 2:25pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:36pm:

of course the public will use it, there's a whole queue of people lining up to catch a train out into the middle of nowhere.

you idiot
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You know most trains carry freight you fkken dolt.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Fkkk, how the fkk do you make it out the door of your shelter home to your part time job at Maccas?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 2:57pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 2:25pm:

you idiot
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Fkkk, how the fkk do you make it out the door of your shelter home to your part time job at Maccas?

you know that trains only carry freight if there are customers who order that freight you dolt?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #12 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:05pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 2:57pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 2:25pm:

you idiot
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

you know that trains only carry freight if there are customers who order that freight you dolt?

There are people who live north of noosa you cretin, close to a million of them. Some of them even buy stuff that gets transported to them by rail.

Your stupidity on matters involving QLD is boundless, just like your loss in the DLS debate you have made fool of yourself here as well.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #13 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:09pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Your stupidity on matters involving QLD is boundless, just like your loss in the DLS debate you have made fool of yourself here as well.

A sack of coal for your thoughts. Do you give change?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:09pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
There are people who live north of noosa you cretin, close to a million of them. Some of them even buy stuff that gets transported to them by rail.

we're not talking about north of Noosa. We're talking about a rail line from the Adani mine to the coast. Stop being such an idiot.
Seriously, just just how dumb can you get? I bet you were the idiot out surfing in the middle of the cyclone yesterday Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print