Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Naughty Labor kiddies fail to stop 18c (Read 4407 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Naughty Labor kiddies fail to stop 18c
Reply #15 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:15pm

Quote:
No muppet. They burn it all of the time. It's designed to insult and offend people who love our country and our flag. It's actually a crime under 18c but abos seem to be able to do whatever they want for some reason. 18c only seems to apply to minorities.

I see.  You lied as well.  It was not the very flag which draped your Father's coffin at all.  It was a piece of cloth they owned, and burned.

Good luck with 18C, muppet.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:22pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:15pm:
Quote:
No muppet. They burn it all of the time. It's designed to insult and offend people who love our country and our flag. It's actually a crime under 18c but abos seem to be able to do whatever they want for some reason. 18c only seems to apply to minorities.

I see.  You lied as well.  It was not the very flag which draped your Father's coffin at all.  It was a piece of cloth they owned, and burned.

Goof luck with 18C, muppet.
No muppet. they do burn the flag the went over my fathers coffin. The Australian flag. You tried to be clever. If it's their flag to burn then it's my vocal chords which I'll activate to say the words I want then.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
Quote:

No muppet. they do burn the flag the went over my fathers coffin. The Australian flag. You tried to be clever. If it's their flag to burn then it's my vocal chords which I'll activate to say the words I want then.

Go for it, as I said.  Just leave your Father and the flag which draped his coffin out of it.

It was an Australian Flag which also draped the coffin of my Father, and while he was a proud Australian Digger, he had no truck whatsoever with precious nationalistic arseholes.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:27pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
Quote:

Go for it, as I said.  Just leave your Father and the flag which draped his coffin out of it.

It was an Australian Flag which also draped the coffin of my Father, and while he was a proud Australian Digger, he had no truck whatsoever with precious nationalistic arseholes.
So he had no problem with people burning our flag?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:29pm

None whatsoever.  It would be an entirely different story if you burned something of his.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:30pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
None whatsoever.  It would be an entirely different story if you burned something of his.
Do you reckon other soldiers would be insulted?

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #21 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:34pm

I thought that your father was Indigenous.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:35pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:30pm:

Not my Old Man's mates, that's for sure.  None of them were Nationalists.  They were Australians, is all.  They went to War because the PM of Australia at the time, all by himself, Menzies, declared War.  They went as Australians, not for a flag.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:37pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:35pm:

Not my Old Man's mates, that's for sure.  None of them were Nationalists.  They were Australians, is all.  They went to War because the PM of Australia at the time, all by himself, Menzies, declared War.  They went as Australians, not for a flag.
You are full of crap. If you burnt a flag in front of those blokes there's a chance they'd shoot you. That flag was flown at the funerals of all of their dead mates. they fought and died under it.  It has nothing to do with nationalism at all. Your father wasn't a soldier. If he was he wasn't a combat soldier. maybe a clerk.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:37pm:

You are full of crap. If you burnt a flag in front of those blokes there's a chance they'd shoot you. That flag was flown at the funerals of all of their dead mates. they fought and died under it.  It has nothing to do with nationalism at all. Your father wasn't a soldier. If he was he wasn't a combat soldier. maybe a clerk.

I guess that is why he was wondering why his assistant was not reloading the machine gun he was firing at Bougainville, just sitting doing nothing.............with a bullet hole in his forehead.

Don't be an idiot as well as a muppet, Hammer.

They did not fight and die under it at all Hammer.  They were eating schit, living in mud, getting malaria and being shot at by people who wanted them dead.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #25 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:47pm

Raven has a few mates in the armed forces and asked them if they were offended when people burnt the flag. Most of them said no. Raven asked "But don't you fight for that flag?"

"No, we fight for the man next to us and for the people at home." More importantly they fight so people have the freedom to burn flags.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:49pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:37pm:

I guess that is why he was wondering why his assistant was not reloading the machine gun he was firing at Bougainville, just sitting doing nothing.............with a bullet hole in his forehead.

Don't be an idiot as well as a muppet, Hammer.

They did not fight and die under it at all Hammer.  They were eating schit, living in mud, getting malaria and being shot at by people who wanted them dead.
You are full of crap. Ex serviceman and their families stand in front of that flag every ANZAC Day and all you can equate it to is nationalism. I feel sorry for people like you. If aussies have no right to feel insulted at the burning of our flag then 18c should be thrown out the window. Nobody has the right to be insulted at anything then.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:52pm

Raven wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:47pm:

Raven has a few mates in the armed forces and asked them if they were offended when people burnt the flag. Most of them said no. Raven asked "But don't you fight for that flag?"

"No, we fight for the man next to us and for the people at home." More importantly they fight so people have the freedom to burn flags.

Not  the ex serviceman I've known, including family members. Have your mates been in combat and  had mates and relatives killed in war?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:53pm

Quote:
Ex serviceman and their families stand in front of that flag every ANZAC Day and all you can equate it to is nationalism.

My Old Man was a Life Member of the RSL......and not one Anzac Day march did he participate in.

Read the excellent post of Raven's:

Quote:

I don't agree with the bit in italics.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:57pm

So you agree with 18c aussie but you don't believe people should be offended at the burning of our flag. I'm confused. Would burning the aboriginal flag at a smoking ceremony be a crime under 18c?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print