Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Naughty Labor kiddies fail to stop 18c (Read 4406 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Naughty Labor kiddies fail to stop 18c
Mar 28th, 2017 at 2:51pm

Wenny Pong bongs the Pong Gong over 18c and reckons the dark People have not been actively insulted.

As if the Dark People who first invaded Australia would give a damn as all they care about is doing as little as possible and making sure their Whitey Welfare does not stop.

In the end Wenny had to eat humble pie as the 18c changes shot thru the Senate.  The Greenies spewed nonsense as usual.

VICTORY to MALCOLM!!!!

Labor disrupts parliament over 18C
Australian Associated Press Belinda Merhab MARCH 28, 20171:19PM

Labor is disrupting parliament over proposed changes to race-hate speech laws, lashing the federal government for failing to consider the views of indigenous Australians.

Leader of the opposition in the Senate Penny Wong has moved to suspend standing orders in a bid to push debate on the legislation to Thursday instead of Tuesday.

She accused the government of trying to push the legislation through so it could lose quickly and get it off the agenda, given it does not have the numbers to pass the changes.

The government hadn't provided the opposition with amendments on the legislation before debate began on Tuesday, she said.

She said the government had denied indigenous Australians an opportunity to give evidence to an inquiry into the legislation.

"It really does say everything you need to know about this government... when it denies indigenous Australians the right to be heard," she told parliament.

Attorney-General George Brandis accused Senator Wong of playing politics with what had been a "major issue" in public discussion for more than three years.

He said a joint parliamentary committee that looked into freedom of speech in 2016 held nine full days of public hearings, including a hearing in every capital city in Australia before a report was tabled in November.

The government consulted with Australian Human Rights Commission president Gillian Triggs and took up many of her suggested amendments, Senator Brandis said.
"The merits had already been extensively canvassed," he told parliament.
"We are now ready to debate the bill."

Greens leader Richard Di Natale said the proposed changes were about internal coalition politics and Malcolm Turnbull satisfying the right wing of his party.

The Greens thought they had seen the end of the 18C debate when former prime minister Tony Abbott dropped the matter.

"This is like some bad zombie movie, it just keeps coming back and back and back," he told parliament.
The government's proposed changes to the Racial Discrimination Act would swap the words "offend", "insult" and "humiliate" to "harass and intimidate".

Manager of government business in the Senate Mitch Fifield said there was no attempt by the government to curtail debate on the proposed changes, with 20 speakers listed to debate the matter in parliament on Tuesday.

The government would move "purely technical" amendments to the legislation which were the product of discussions with Professor Triggs to satisfy issues she had with the initial draft, he said.

Labor's bid to delay the debate failed after the majority of the crossbench including the Nick Xenophon Team voted with the government.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/labor-disrupts-parliament-over-18c...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Naughty Labor kiddies fail to stop 18c
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:01pm

Quote:
In the end Wenny had to eat humble pie as the 18c changes shot thru the Senate.

Why do you lie through your teeth so stupidly?

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:32pm

Labor's bid to delay the debate failed after the majority of the crossbench including the Nick Xenophon Team voted with the government.

That's what the article says.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:41pm

juliar wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:32pm:

That's what the article says.

It does not, as you claim you liar, say this:

Quote:
the 18c changes shot thru the Senate.

......did it.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:42pm

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:45pm

Can I sue abos under 18c the next time they burn the flag that went over my fathers coffin? That offends and insults me.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:45pm:
Can I sue abos under 18c the next time they burn the flag that went over my fathers coffin? That offends and insults me.

Sure.....go for it.  You should also have them charged with stealing the flag which went over your Father's coffin.  How did they get that, by the way?

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:48pm

Depends on how you interpret it.

Clearly PW's trivial deliberately disruptive attempt FAILED to disrupt proceedings and the 18c changes debate continues thru the senate as originally planned.

It's pretty plain that Labor bombed as they usually do.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:51pm

juliar wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:48pm:

Clearly PW's trivial deliberately disruptive attempt FAILED to disrupt proceedings and the 18c changes debate continued thru the senate as originally planned.

It's pretty plain that Labor bombed as they usually do.

Far cough.  Give that crap up.  You lied, plain and simple.  Contrary to what you boldly said:

Quote:
the 18c changes shot thru the Senate.

.....the Senate has not passed those changes, at all.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:51pm

Only an idiot would vote against the changes.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:52pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:48pm:

Sure.....go for it.  You should also have them charged with stealing the flag which went over your Father's coffin.  How did they get that, by the way?
How do abos usually get things they don't pay for ?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:53pm

juliar wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:48pm:

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:00pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:52pm:

You tell me.  It was you who told us that the Abos stole the very flag which over your Father's coffin.  You weren't fibbing about that were you?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Grendel wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Only an idiot would vote against the changes.

Lock Grendel's vote in, Eddie.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:03pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:52pm:

You tell me.  It was you who told us that the Abos stole the very flag which over your Father's coffin.  You weren't fibbing about that were you?
No muppet. They burn it all of the time. It's designed to insult and offend people who love our country and our flag. It's actually a crime under 18c but abos seem to be able to do whatever they want for some reason. 18c only seems to apply to minorities.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print