Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Hizb ut-Tahrir in Australia (Read 27606 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Hizb ut-Tahrir in Australia
Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:38am

Firstly, why the bugger is this group allowed to use a public facility like a library for their meeting?

Are these guys integrated into Australian life?

"In Islam is clear that apostates do attract capital punishment, we don't shy away from that.”

Hizb ut-Tahrir has a draft constitution it wants adopted in Australia. Article 7.3 reads: “Those who are guilty of apostasy from (or leaving) Islam are to be executed.”

Among those at the meeting were many young children.

At Bankstown Public library on Saturday a leader of the fundamentalist, Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir made the confronting declaration.

Now the group could be banned in Australia.

When asked, "Do you want to kill ex-Muslims?”, it is alleged that Uthman Badar, Hizb ut-Tahrir leader replied: "In Islam is clear that apostates do attract capital punishment, we don't shy away from that.”

Hizb ut-Tahrir has a draft constitution it wants adopted in Australia. Article 7.3 reads: “Those who are guilty of apostasy from (or leaving) Islam are to be executed.”

The admission terrified a former Muslim who was at the meeting.

"The main reason that I left my own country was that I was worried about my own safety,” said ex-Muslim, Shakil Ahmed.

“And now that I've come over here I know that they're the same people, they're already over here and they want me dead as well."

Also at the meeting was his friend, who fled Bangladesh after he was put on a death list for criticising Islam.

They are banned in Germany, they are banned in Turkey, they are banned in China, all those countries, so why not in Australia? Because they are dangerous,” said death list target Shubhajit Bhowmik.

Another former Muslim left Pakistan to escape this kind of hate speech.

"These people are making a willing choice to leave a religion that they don't agree in, I made that choice three years ago, and for that you're going to kill me,” said ex-Muslim Sabeena Mozaffar.

There's no excuse in democracies to be even suggesting this as a hypothetical possibility,” said Professor Greg Barton of Deakin University.

A spokesperson for Justice Minister Michael Keenan told 7 News that the Government condemns language that incites or condones violence, saying that is not free speech.

Mr. Keenan has referred the matter to the AFP and this group could now be banned.

The woman who asked the question, freelance journalist Alison Bevege, believes they should be banned.

"They want to destroy democracy, replace it with Sharia, they want to kill ex-Muslims, I think they've crossed the line,” said Ms. Bevege.

Hizb ut-Tahrir did not respond to 7 News’ questions

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/34811965/hizb-ut-tahrir-islamic-group-in-austral...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Hizb ut-Tahrir in Australia
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:50am

Is anyone who is disgusted,  concerned or even afraid of this group an Islamophobe?

IBI

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:56am

Gordon wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:50am:
Is anyone who is disgusted,  concerned or even afraid of this group an Islamophobe?

thats why this Cult is moving into Western Society...

our leaders are placing in laws that prevent us to voice concerns against this barbaric cult...

or you get the leftwits who use words like "Islamaphobe" to try and knock us down from expressing our freedom of speech...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:57am

Gordon wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:38am:
Firstly, why the bugger is this group allowed to use a public facility like a library for their meeting?

"In Islam is clear that apostates do attract capital punishment, we don't shy away from that.”

At Bankstown Public library on Saturday a leader of the fundamentalist, Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir made the confronting declaration.

When asked, "Do you want to kill ex-Muslims?”, it is alleged that Uthman Badar, Hizb ut-Tahrir leader replied: "In Islam is clear that apostates do attract capital punishment, we don't shy away from that.”

"The main reason that I left my own country was that I was worried about my own safety,” said ex-Muslim, Shakil Ahmed.

“And now that I've come over here I know that they're the same people, they're already over here and they want me dead as well."

Also at the meeting was his friend, who fled Bangladesh after he was put on a death list for criticising Islam.

They are banned in Germany, they are banned in Turkey, they are banned in China, all those countries, so why not in Australia? Because they are dangerous,” said death list target Shubhajit Bhowmik.

"These people are making a willing choice to leave a religion that they don't agree in, I made that choice three years ago, and for that you're going to kill me,” said ex-Muslim Sabeena Mozaffar.

There's no excuse in democracies to be even suggesting this as a hypothetical possibility,” said Professor Greg Barton of Deakin University.

A spokesperson for Justice Minister Michael Keenan told 7 News that the Government condemns language that incites or condones violence, saying that is not free speech.

Mr. Keenan has referred the matter to the AFP and this group could now be banned.

The woman who asked the question, freelance journalist Alison Bevege, believes they should be banned.

"They want to destroy democracy, replace it with Sharia, they want to kill ex-Muslims, I think they've crossed the line,” said Ms. Bevege.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/34811965/hizb-ut-tahrir-islamic-group-in-austral...

Absolutely disgusting sentiments.

Thank goodness most Muslims don't think like this!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:58am

mothra wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:57am:

How do you know?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:01pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:58am:

How do you know?

Did you see this line, Hammer?

I don't support capital punishment, under any circumstances.

Do you?

Do you have something in common with the Hizb ut-Tahrir leader?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:04pm

But it's part of their religion so if they don't think like that does it mean they're not following their religion properly?

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:07pm

All of those forum members in favour of capital punishment have something in common with Hizb ut-Tahrir.

That's nice.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:09pm

Would you like to take a guess at how many do?

Quote:
All of those forum members in favour of capital punishment have something in common with Hizb ut-Tahrir.

Oh look, Greg completely missed the point again.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:11pm

BTW I don't want HuT banned.
I wanted them very closely monitored.

Any members who are not citizens should have their status reviewed

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:14pm

Part of their religion?

Perhaps you can cite the verse in the Qu'ran that specifically calls for thee death sentence for apostates?

I found this:

That image gets thrown around a lot, but it doesn’t actually give the full story. Firstly the image has grey text at the bottom which clearly says that those numbers only apply to “muslims that support sharia as the law of the land.” The Washington Post articles does not provide that information though. When all of the information is accounted for the actual percentage of muslims worldwide that support the death penalty for apostasy is about 4.21%, I go into the information more here: Death Pental for Apostacy by Jeremy Spencer on ask-a-muslim

That is still, in my opinion to high, but we also need to consider what has been happening in those countries for years. They both have not had religion separated from state, so becoming non-muslims could almost be considered becoming a traitor to the state. Not to mention near dictator regimes, rights infringements the peoples uprising, it's no surprise that they are not in the best shape.

What does Islam say:

The Qur'an says:

106 Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah , and for them is a great punishment;

107 That is because they preferred the worldly life over the Hereafter and that Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.

108 Those are the ones over whose hearts and hearing and vision Allah has sealed, and it is those who are the heedless.

109 Assuredly, it is they, in the Hereafter, who will be the losers.
Qur'an 16:106-109

So no Earthly punishment is prescribed, but rather we are told that Allah will deal with them in the afterlife.

Now "Sharia" courts often quote 4:89 in for Apostasy, however if we look in context at this, we can see they have no footing there either:

88 What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].

89 They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

90 Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.
Qur'an 4:88-90

So as you can see verse 88 establishes what we are talking about, the 'hypocrites' or those who have 'fallen back into disbelief' which would mean apostates.

Verse 89, as I said is most quoted as the reason to kill apostates, however verse 90 lays out clear rules. Kill them, EXCEPT if they are seeking refuge from you (living in your city), if they are living between your city, and a city you have a treaty with, if they come to your city, and if they do not want to fight. Then it goes a step further to even imply that we should be good to them, because if Allah had willed, they could have overtaken us, so we should be perfectly happy that they do not want to fight or cause problems and simply accept them. The last part of the verse says it all

So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.

So if they become and apostate, but do not fight you, then offer them peace, Allah does not want you to fight against them.

https://www.quora.com/Do-a-large-number-of-Muslims-support-the-death-penalty-for...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:18pm

freediver wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:09pm:

Would you like to take a guess at how many do?

Quote:

Oh look, Greg completely missed the point again.

Not at all.

I don't support capital punishment, under any circumstances.

Those who do, however, have something in common with Hizb ut-Tahrir.

Interesting.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:25pm

Capitol punishment for mass child murder isn't the same as capitol punishment for leaving a club with a fake skydaddy as leader.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:30pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
Capitol punishment for mass child murder isn't the same as capitol punishment for leaving a club with a fake skydaddy as leader.

In both cases, a person ends up dead.

How is that different, apologist?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:47pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 12:25pm:

Yet i clearly demonstrated that there is no compulsion for capital punishment of apostates in the Qu'ran. There is, instead, this:

So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them

Yet what do we have from the Bible?:

Deuteronomy 13New King James Version (NKJV)

Punishment of Apostates
13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you.

12 “If you hear someone in one of your cities, which the Lord your God gives you to dwell in, saying, 13 ‘Corrupt men have gone out from among you and enticed the inhabitants of their city, saying, “Let us go and serve other gods”’—which you have not known— 14 then you shall inquire, search out, and ask diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination was committed among you, 15 you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying it, all that is in it and its livestock—with the edge of the sword. 16 And you shall gather all its plunder into the middle of the street, and completely burn with fire the city and all its plunder, for the Lord your God. It shall be a heap forever; it shall not be built again. 17 So none of the accursed things shall remain in your hand, that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of His anger and show you mercy, have compassion on you and multiply you, just as He swore to your fathers, 18 because you have listened to the voice of the Lord your God, to keep all His commandments which I command you today, to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord your God.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+13&version=NKJV

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print