freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Islam's legacy
Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:28am

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 16th, 2013 at 6:50pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 16th, 2013 at 5:53pm:
Indonesia would have riots on it's hands if it tried that. It is about as far from the heart of Islam as you can get, and Muslims are well versed on only oppressing people to the extent they can get away with, particularly the ones who survived their way east through India.

Are you saying Indonesia is as far from the heart of islam as you can get? The largest muslim country on earth?

Where does Turkey fit in then? A country that is as hostile towards sharia punishment as any country on earth, and as close to the "heart" of islam as you can get?

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 1:23pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 8:55am:
Read what I actually posted Gandalf. It was a very simple statement. Not sure why everyone is having such trouble with it.

Yes I know what you wrote, and it is not so much a simple statement, as a simplistic one - which is why it is problematic. The lengths you will go to to maintain this silly position that the "heart" of the muslim world supports stoning and killing apostates, even when its demonstrated that great swathes of the muslim world - including a large majority of the largest muslim country on earth - oppose it, gets rather tedious. Most Indonesians oppose it - oh that doesn't count because its on the geographic periphery of "the muslim world" (whatever that means); most Turks oppose it - oh that doesn't count because Turkey is "on the border" of where historic islam reached.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 7:01pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 6:27pm:
This would be a lot quicker if it didn't take me ten pages every time I had to explain what I did not say.

Right, fantastic, hallelujah - so we can both agree that I was wrong - that you were *NOT* trying to dispute the claim that Turkey is a relevant example of muslims being able to adopt and embrace secularism, democracy and freedom right in what you term the "heart of islam". 

Right?....

no I didn't think so...  Roll Eyes

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 9:52pm:
It is obvious that he means that the Turkey was the historical "high water mark" of Islamic expansion in Eastern Europe.  Of course, using the term "Turkey" confuses the matter because the Ottoman Empire extended into the Balkans, reaching Vienna, which is far outside the borders of today's nation of Turkey.  FD I've noted before likes to play a little fast and loose with his claims about history.

Whats funny is that from around 1300 to the end of WWI, Turkey literally controlled the land of "historic islam" - from Mecca to Baghdad to Morocco to Constantinople. FD claims Turkey was merely "on the border" of where historical islam reached, when in reality, for most of islam's existence, its heart was controlled by Turkey  Cheesy

Gandalf, Turkey is not in the 'heart' of Islam. Only it's western border was in the original Caliphate.

The places Islam has dominated the longest are among the most backwards on earth. Those it has dominated more recently are slowly heading that way.

It makes sense that the Caliphate was controlled from outside this region eventually. It was already suffering the effects of Islam by then. Constantinople had enough historical influence from nonMuslims to retain it's competence to do things.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islam's legacy
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:47pm

The muslim legacy is relentless backwardness

At the moment muslims and their apologists are exhibiting all the signs of this regression.

For instance they are supposed to proudly proclaim there is no god but allah.

However on a daily basis we see them all cowardly retreating from the basic tenet of their cult (acknowledging  allah as the supreme being)

Every single day they refer not to allah, but to god only, in desperate attempt to associate allah with the god of the Jew and Christians.

Why?  Because all people on this planet classify allah as the god of hate death and destruction.

The muslims are ensnared  by their own stupidity, in private they grovel before a reinvented (by muhammad) moon god allah, spend their lives seeking  to emulate a thief liar pedophile rapist torturer and mass murderer, muhammad.

They spend every waking moment attempting  to imitate  muhammad, sleep like him, pray like him, urinate like him, defaecate like him, eat like him, dress like him, they pray to his patched up moon god allah dozens if not hundreds of times a day, a bunch of zombies in a self induced trance.

All for what?

Inbreeding, low intelligence, mass poverty, oppression, death and destruction, unable to get past 7th century subnormality.

Still murdering people for not believing in allah, murdering people for being born homosexual, murdering women for talking to a member of the opposite sex, for having a friend who is non muslim, etc. what a blood crazed bunch of imbeciles  muslims are.

The answer according to them is?

They have an incomprehensible objective to regress deeper and deeper into the very cause of their problems, islam.

Total stupidity and retardation promoted by muslims and their apologists.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 3:16pm

Islam's legacy might be World War III perhaps.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Have you spent the last 3 years thinking up this come-back FD?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 7:15am

I was looking at the map on the weekend and remembered you trying to tell me that Turkey was as close as it gets to the heart of Islam.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:17pm

freediver wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 7:15am:
I was looking at the map on the weekend and remembered you trying to tell me that Turkey was as close as it gets to the heart of Islam.

It is.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 4:07pm

Turkey is a fine example of the heart of islam (n.b.heart not the heartland)

How the Turks entered W.W.1

Turkey shelled Russian ports under the guise of a neutral flag, this caused the allies to declare war on the muslims who had broken their treaty in true islamic fashion.

Prior to Turkey officially entering the first world war

August 1914 two German warships the Goeben and the Breslau were officially offered to (and accepted by) the Turks, both ships then flew the Turkish flag. They were given Turkish names. The ships were renamed Midilli and Yavűz Sultân Selîm, respectively. (the Goeben officially became the Yavuz Sultan Selim) After raising the Turkish flag they formally became a part of the Turkish navy.

On the 28-29th of September the German warships under the Turkish flag shelled Odessa, Sebastopol and Novorossiisk. The Russian ports and navigation incurred a serious damage.

On the 30th of October the ambassadors of Russia, Great Britain and France in Constantinopol handed a 12-hour ultimatum over to the Turkish government demanding to open the straights and stop naval raids. The ultimatum stayed unanswered – the next day Turkey entered the war on the side of Germany and Austria-Hungary.

So there we have it muslims doing what muslims do best, slaughtering people under the guise of a neutral flag, breaking their truce as a supposed neutral country, under a neutral flag.

Flying the then neutral Turkish flag, they shelled the Russian cities of Feodosiya, Odessa, and Sebastopol. .

Then we have the Armenian Genocide?

Who was responsible for the Armenian Genocide? 

The decision to carry out a genocide against the Armenian people was made by the political party in power in the Ottoman Empire. This was the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP) (or Ittihad ve Terakki Jemiyeti), popularly known as the Young Turks.

Yes Turkey a good illustration of the heart islam.      

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 4:56pm

geez you guys need to sort out your memes.

Either Turkey is emblematic of Islam or it isn't.

Quote:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:02pm

moses wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 4:07pm:
Turkey is a fine example of the heart of islam (n.b.heart not the heartland)

How the Turks entered W.W.1

Turkey shelled Russian ports under the guise of a neutral flag, this caused the allies to declare war on the muslims who had broken their treaty in true islamic fashion.

Prior to Turkey officially entering the first world war

August 1914 two German warships the Goeben and the Breslau were officially offered to (and accepted by) the Turks, both ships then flew the Turkish flag. They were given Turkish names. The ships were renamed Midilli and Yavűz Sultân Selîm, respectively. (the Goeben officially became the Yavuz Sultan Selim) After raising the Turkish flag they formally became a part of the Turkish navy.

On the 28-29th of September the German warships under the Turkish flag shelled Odessa, Sebastopol and Novorossiisk. The Russian ports and navigation incurred a serious damage.

On the 30th of October the ambassadors of Russia, Great Britain and France in Constantinopol handed a 12-hour ultimatum over to the Turkish government demanding to open the straights and stop naval raids. The ultimatum stayed unanswered – the next day Turkey entered the war on the side of Germany and Austria-Hungary.

So there we have it muslims doing what muslims do best, slaughtering people under the guise of a neutral flag, breaking their truce as a supposed neutral country, under a neutral flag.

Flying the then neutral Turkish flag, they shelled the Russian cities of Feodosiya, Odessa, and Sebastopol. .

Then we have the Armenian Genocide?

Who was responsible for the Armenian Genocide? 

The decision to carry out a genocide against the Armenian people was made by the political party in power in the Ottoman Empire. This was the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP) (or Ittihad ve Terakki Jemiyeti), popularly known as the Young Turks.

Yes Turkey a good illustration of the heart islam.      

Rather one-sided view of the Ottoman entry into World War One, Moses.   Amazing that you failed to mention the two ships the Turks had purchased from the UK before the war began - Residaye and Sultan Osman I.  Both were taken over and absorbed into the British High Seas Fleet as the HMS Erin and HMS Agincourt.   Both had been purchased by public subscription by the Turkish people.   It wasn't surprising that public opinion in Turkey was against the British and in favour of the Germans, now was it?  Tsk. tsk.  One of Churchill's worst decisions.   No wonder the Turks accepted the German offer of the Breslau and the Goeben...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:02pm:
Rather one-sided view of the Ottoman entry into World War One, Moses.   Amazing that you failed to mention the two ships the Turks had purchased from the UK before the war began - Residaye and Sultan Osman I.  Both were taken over and absorbed into the British High Seas Fleet as the HMS Erin and HMS Agincourt.   Both had been purchased by public subscription by the Turkish people.   It wasn't surprising that public opinion in Turkey was against the British and in favour of the Germans, now was it?  Tsk. tsk.  One of Churchill's worst decisions.   No wonder the Turks accepted the German offer of the Breslau and the Goeben...   Roll Eyes

The Ottoman–German Alliance was an alliance between the German Empire and the Ottoman Empire that was ratified on
August 2, 1914
, shortly following the outbreak of World War I.

Rauf Bey asked to run the Turkish flag on Sultan Osman with a ceremony on August 2, 1914 at 8 o’clock in the morning.

On August 3, 1914, Churchill declared that the British government had embargoed the two warships.

Britain declared war on 4 August 2014.

The two ships were taken over by Britain on 5 August 1914 without compensation because the Ottoman Empire was allied with Germany.

No wonder people regard you as a low-brow, stupid and ignorant yet very mouthy git, Brian.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:17pm:

It is.

Turkey lies almost completely outside of the original Caliphate. It makes sense that it is a more progressive Muslim country, because the rot has not had as long to set in.

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 4:56pm:

It is entirely consistent with my theory that the longer a place is influenced by Islam, the more backwards it is.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:54pm

Islam's legacy? Due to a resurgence of Dark Age fanaticism, any legacy will have very ugly stain.

But Turkey's entry into WW1 was a complex situation that I would not blame on Islam. For starters, the Ottoman Empire did not really exist anymore. Reasons for Turkish surprise attacks on the Russians are still a matter of debate. Those in charge were not particularly wise, but expecting war, they may have opted for the Napoleonic maxim, “the best defense is an attack.”

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:57pm

freediver wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:43pm:

It is.

Turkey lies almost completely outside of the original Caliphate. It makes sense that it is a more progressive Muslim country, because the rot has not had as long to set in.

It is entirely consistent with my theory that the longer a place is influenced by Islam, the more backwards it is.

Exactly. The longer you have Islam, the more you interbreed with subhuman Negroid sex-slaves.

Scientific, innit.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:05pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:57pm:

It is.

Exactly. The longer you have Islam, the more you interbreed with subhuman Negroid sex-slaves.

Scientific, innit.

No, race has nothing to do with it. Islam just robs you of your critical faculties and declares you a heretic and kills you if you do not want to be so robbed. Tanning or lack of it is no prophylactic against this brain rot.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:15pm

Frank wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:05pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:57pm:

It is.

Scientific, innit.

No, race has nothing to do with it. Islam just robs you of your critical faculties and declares you a heretic and kills you if you do not want to be so robbed. Tanning or lack of it is no prophylactic against this brain rot.

That's what I said. It makes you retarded by breeding with the wrong sub-people and having men squat to piss and play with their dicks afterwards.

You know this, dear boy, so does FD. It's simple genetics.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print